PDA

View Full Version : 1408

IHStangFan
11-13-2007, 06:41 PM
Just finished watching 1408.....the end is a bit spooky. The wife went into the room didn't she?

R4Editor
11-13-2007, 07:57 PM
dont remember been a while since i seen the movie when it came out :) , but didnt he have what happen on his laptop?

IHStangFan
11-13-2007, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by R4Editor
dont remember been a while since i seen the movie when it came out :) , but didnt he have what happen on his laptop? He pulled out his micro recorder and hit play...had the daughter's voice on it from in the room...wife drops box..standing there staring....he looks at her and smirks...movie over...I think she went up to the room and it was the start of her torture.

Txbroadcaster
11-13-2007, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
He pulled out his micro recorder and hit play...had the daughter's voice on it from in the room...wife drops box..standing there staring....he looks at her and smirks...movie over...I think she went up to the room and it was the start of her torture.

Wow I never saw it like that..I felt he was smiling not smirking because he reconnected with his daughter, and the wife dropped the box because she could not believe she was hearing the voice of her deceased daughter..but I never felt it was an evil ending but the exact opposite

IHStangFan
11-13-2007, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Wow I never saw it like that..I felt he was smiling not smirking because he reconnected with his daughter, and the wife dropped the box because she could not believe she was hearing the voice of her deceased daughter..but I never felt it was an evil ending but the exact opposite I don't know, I just thought he was smirking...just like he smirked at himself on the laptop. I thought if it was a happy moment he might of got up and hugged her or actually smiled a full smile. I know if I'd of written it..it'd of ended just how I saw it end....and part 2 would be HER in the room.

KTA
11-13-2007, 08:22 PM
that movie was good, I liked the ending. I dont remember her going to the room in the ending?

AP Panther Fan
11-13-2007, 10:11 PM
Wow I never saw it like that..I felt he was smiling not smirking because he reconnected with his daughter, and the wife dropped the box because she could not believe she was hearing the voice of her deceased daughter..but I never felt it was an evil ending but the exact opposite

Same here, but I am an optimist....always looking for that happy ending.:cool:

Ranger Mom
11-13-2007, 10:16 PM
He pulled out his micro recorder and hit play...had the daughter's voice on it from in the room...wife drops box..standing there staring....he looks at her and smirks...movie over...I think she went up to the room and it was the start of her torture.

I watched that movie and your interpretation of the ending sent chills down my spine more than anything in the movie did!!

IHStangFan
11-13-2007, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I watched that movie and your interpretation of the ending sent chills down my spine more than anything in the movie did!! I should write books, LOL. If yall remember he contacted her via his laptop and then the "other" him told her "yeah come up...don't talk to anyone..just come straight up" then the movie kinda leads you away from that. I think she DID in fact go up to the room. Remember also she told him "the cops are in the room, its empty" I think this is the setup for the sequel.

AP Panther Fan
11-13-2007, 10:24 PM
I should write books, LOL. If yall remember he contacted her via his laptop and then the "other" him told her "yeah come up...don't talk to anyone..just come straight up" then the movie kinda leads you away from that. I think she DID in fact go up to the room. Remember also she told him "the cops are in the room, its empty" I think this is the setup for the sequel.

probably and if so, I am already lost....darn! :mad:

Gsquared
11-13-2007, 10:26 PM
Just finished watching 1408.....the end is a bit spooky. The wife went into the room didn't she?
I liked that movie. Funny thing, my apartment number is 1308

KTA
11-13-2007, 10:33 PM
I should write books, LOL. If yall remember he contacted her via his laptop and then the "other" him told her "yeah come up...don't talk to anyone..just come straight up" then the movie kinda leads you away from that. I think she DID in fact go up to the room. Remember also she told him "the cops are in the room, its empty" I think this is the setup for the sequel.

That would be cool, but wouldnt this lead to knowing the ending before the movie already starts? (Everything being ok)

IHStangFan
11-13-2007, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by KTA
That would be cool, but wouldnt this lead to knowing the ending before the movie already starts? (Everything being ok) I find that most movies I watch....I know how they'll end before they're over. I look for the foreshadowing, plot clues...and I can usually figure it out before the movie ends. It's nothing new. :D

AP Panther Fan
11-13-2007, 11:26 PM
By the way, thanks for reminding me that I need to check this movie in tomorrow.:D

This is they type of scary movie that I like, just about anything that Stephen King writes is scarier than hell, but not bloody. I have a hard time watching the really "disgusting" movies...as a matter of fact, I won't.:)

turbostud
11-14-2007, 12:55 AM
After he hears his dead daughters voice from the room his wife hears it too, so that tells the audience he is not hallucinating again.

Txbroadcaster
11-14-2007, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by turbostud
After he hears his dead daughters voice from the room his wife hears it too, so that tells the audience he is not hallucinating again.

Thats right..forgot about that, the look/smirk/smile is because SHE hears it and he now knows everything he exp in 1408 the good and terrible were real and validated

Fal44
11-14-2007, 01:20 AM
Thats right..forgot about that, the look/smirk/smile is because SHE hears it and he now knows everything he exp in 1408 the good and terrible were real and validated

that's what I thought..

IHStang made a darn good point... :thinking:

R4Editor
11-14-2007, 09:26 AM
does the DVD version have deleted scenes or maybe a different ending?

grizz53
11-14-2007, 09:36 AM
Call me a wuss cuz I never saw it cuz i live in apt #1408, so I was kinda creeped out when the movie came out.

Old Tiger
11-14-2007, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by grizz53
Call me a wuss cuz I never saw it cuz i live in apt #1408, so I was kinda creeped out when the movie came out. You live in apartment 1408 not staying hotel room 1408 :D

TMer25
11-14-2007, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by R4Editor
does the DVD version have deleted scenes or maybe a different ending?

There's a 2 disc set with the director's cut that has a different ending.

grizz53
11-14-2007, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
You live in apartment 1408 not staying hotel room 1408 :D

You have to admit its still a little creepy

Runnin Panther
11-14-2007, 09:58 AM
I saw it with my husband and the minute it ended I looked at him and said she is in the room with him. He said I think your right because the room was already torched when he came back form the first hospital sequence. Spooky

Did anyone else think that?