PDA

View Full Version : Refugio's Stadium

crabman
11-13-2007, 06:21 PM
I went through Refugio today and I decided to put this stadium crap to rest once and for all. I was traveling through on business.

Refugio Stadium 120 seats wide x 20 rows high x 2 equal sides = 4,800 seating capacity. Texas Bob is wrong. All concrete seating which is nice. Steep angle so you are not far from the field.

Gobbler Stadium 97 seats wide x 26 rows x 2 equal sides = 5,044 seating capacity.

Refugio really is smaller than Cuero and Texas Bob is wrong again. He had Cuero at 6,800 and Refugio at 7,500. Both stadiums seats are numbered and they allow about 18 to 18 1/2" per butt.

Get there early is all I can say.

Emerson1
11-13-2007, 06:23 PM
Well then email him and ask him to change it instead of crying like a little baby on here.

AP Panther Fan
11-13-2007, 06:32 PM
I knew the visitors side was concrete and at that steep angle like you mentioned, but could not remember if the home side was concrete or not.

Texas Bob should consider confirming the seating capacity with the various districts...or maybe he does, and was just given bad info...who knows...

:)

Maroon87
11-13-2007, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Well then email him and ask him to change it instead of crying like a little baby on here.

Afraid he's gonna steal your gig?:thinking:

mikecheck
11-13-2007, 07:17 PM
Just wanted to say howdy to all. I haven't been on here lately but I stop by every once in a while. I will be seeing everyone at Refugio Friday night. Since we are home team I have been asked to announce. I definitely will be sending a shout out to all of the 3adl family. We are going to give it our best shot. To be the best, you must beat the best. Stanger things have happened. (just gettting myself ready in case it does). Later and have a safe trip all.

crabman
11-13-2007, 07:36 PM
Didn't mean to use the word crap. I tried to edit it later but I exceeded the 60 minute time limit on edits.

I am a general contractor and the words sometimes just flow. :)

44INAROW
11-13-2007, 07:37 PM
thanks for the info Crabman. At least it will be equally packed on both sides ;)

CueroDad2006
11-13-2007, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
thanks for the info Crabman. At least it will be equally packed on both sides ;)
Talked to Cuero coach today about how they came up with Refugio,He said he wanted to play in San antonio, lost that flip. Then Mathis wanted to play on Sat., He said if they wanted that, then he would have to flip home and home, and Mathis then changed there mind on that. It was just hard to find a nice field to play on,and Refugio has a very nice field he said it was in really good shape. There was some bigger stadiums to play in but the fields were not in good playing shape.

Gobbler Fan
11-13-2007, 08:51 PM
I don't think the kids care if this game was played in a parking lot .

GO MEAN GREEN !

AP Panther Fan
11-13-2007, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan

GO MEAN GREEN !

I know the kids from Mathis would agree....:clap: :clap: :clap:

Best of luck to both teams....let's hope that it is injury free!

44INAROW
11-13-2007, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan

GO MEAN GREEN !

I agree......... Is it Friday yet??

GO MEAN GREEN:)

and for those of you not able to make the trip to Refugio - you can listen to Joe and Grandpa @ www.gobblersports.com or on the radio KBAR 100.9 Gobbler Radio.............

AP Panther Fan
11-13-2007, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by mikecheck
Just wanted to say howdy to all. I haven't been on here lately but I stop by every once in a while. I will be seeing everyone at Refugio Friday night. Since we are home team I have been asked to announce. I definitely will be sending a shout out to all of the 3adl family. We are going to give it our best shot. To be the best, you must beat the best. Stanger things have happened. (just gettting myself ready in case it does). Later and have a safe trip all.

I have heard you announce, you do a great job! :)

You should post more often.

44INAROW
11-13-2007, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by mikecheck

I'll keep my "ears on" waiting on the "shout out for the 3Adownlow" folks........ hope you and the Pirate faithful have a safe trip as well :)

CueroGobblers
11-13-2007, 10:31 PM
Yeah stranger things have happened before. Check this out, it was 30 yrs ago that Mathis first went deep to the playoffs in 1977. We are playing right off Highway 77 and if add Friday's date together which is the 16th add those two numbers together and you get 7!!! Spooky right!!! Goooo Pirates!!!

AP Panther Fan
11-13-2007, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by CueroGobblers
Yeah stranger things have happened before. Check this out, it was 30 yrs ago that Mathis first went deep to the playoffs in 1977. We are playing right off Highway 77 and if add Friday's date together which is the 16th add those two numbers together and you get 7!!! Spooky right!!! Goooo Pirates!!!

:evillol: :evillol:

oooh....this sounds like a movie. :D

R4Editor
11-14-2007, 09:37 AM
Yeah stranger things have happened before. Check this out, it was 30 yrs ago that Mathis first went deep to the playoffs in 1977. We are playing right off Highway 77 and if add Friday's date together which is the 16th add those two numbers together and you get 7!!! Spooky right!!! Goooo Pirates!!! Pirates QB is #7 :) and they be going for win #7.

AAA87
11-14-2007, 09:43 AM
I do not think their field is in good shape. Has a high crown in the middle and has lots of dry spots on the field....now this was week 8 so maybe dry spots are gone...but the crown will still be there......the crown is so high it makes the hash to side line look strangely shorter than usual........but stands are nice and visiting dressing room is the old gym so nice and roomy........

Johnny 5
11-14-2007, 10:01 AM

Originally posted by R4Editor
Pirates QB is #7 :) and they be going for win #7.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Edit: w00t! 400 posts!

lol

1100 more for an avatar

heh heh

JT44
11-14-2007, 04:42 PM

Some of the cuero coaches were joking around and saying how it was such coincidence that every year that a certain coach buys a car, the gobblers have gone to state, happened three times previously....weird huh?

it happened in '87, '94' and '04

SintonFan_inAustin
11-14-2007, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by JT44
Some of the cuero coaches were joking around and saying how it was such coincidence that every year that a certain coach buys a car, the gobblers have gone to state, happened three times previously....weird huh?

it happened in '87, '94' and '04 so did a coach buy a new car this year? if not they better go buy one before the playoff start :)

JT44
11-14-2007, 06:55 PM
yes, he did, that's when they got to thinking about it, I think he bought it sometime during district.

AP Panther Fan
11-14-2007, 10:13 PM
hahaha!:D

You bunch of supersticious goofballs!:D

29-3aFAN
11-14-2007, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad2006
Talked to Cuero coach today about how they came up with Refugio,He said he wanted to play in San antonio, lost that flip. Then Mathis wanted to play on Sat., He said if they wanted that, then he would have to flip home and home, and Mathis then changed there mind on that. It was just hard to find a nice field to play on,and Refugio has a very nice field he said it was in really good shape. There was some bigger stadiums to play in but the fields were not in good playing shape.

Victoria day game would have been great! No one is playing during the day.

44INAROW
11-14-2007, 11:30 PM
FYI - it was mentioned tonight at Booster Club that as of this afternoon - no one has been found to run the concession stand in Refugio during the game (the Bobcats are playing the same night in a different location so they don't have anyone local to do it) it might be a good idea to take a bottle of water or soda and chips or candy bar to the game if you need a snack........ If I hear info to the contrary, I'll post it. Also, Gobbler fans - there will be a pep rally tomorrow night (Thurs night) at about 6:15 pm in the girl's gym. I understand there will be some "special entertainment" Come on out and support the Gobblers :)

GO MEAN GREEN :clap: :clap:

R4Editor
11-14-2007, 11:34 PM
A game without concession stands open? Like going to a movie without popcorn available.

44INAROW
11-14-2007, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by R4Editor
A game without concession stands open? Like going to a movie without popcorn available.

yea - but I guess we gotta do what we gotta do....... I am taking my "big purse" with lots of water, snickers, skittles, peanuts and fiddle-faddle lol

scott Wilson
11-15-2007, 01:55 PM
And with all the scoring Cuero will do, it might be a long night.

3afan
11-15-2007, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
FYI - it was mentioned tonight at Booster Club that as of this afternoon - no one has been found to run the concession stand in Refugio during the game (the Bobcats are playing the same night in a different location so they don't have anyone local to do it) it might be a good idea to take a bottle of water or soda and chips or candy bar to the game if you need a snack........ If I hear info to the contrary, I'll post it. Also, Gobbler fans - there will be a pep rally tomorrow night (Thurs night) at about 6:15 pm in the girl's gym. I understand there will be some "special entertainment" Come on out and support the Gobblers :)

GO MEAN GREEN :clap: :clap:

that'll kill Refugio for future playoff games