PDA

View Full Version : Spurs vs. Lakers BDR

JR2004
11-13-2007, 03:26 PM
Will you be catching this one tonight? This is one of the 3 or 4 times that I'll see the Spurs this year since they are playing the Lakers. We might be playing without 3 guys tonight, but I hope not or we're getting embarrassed.

Our big fella is taking the next step in his progression as are all the other young guys. This is the most I've enjoyed watching the Purple and Gold since the NVE, Divac, Campbell, Ceballos and Jones Lakers of the mid-90's. They screw up a lot, but they all play hard the full 48 minutes. I actually congratulated Kupcake on the Laker board for keeping Bynum. Once he quits committing dumb fouls he'll take that quantum leap. Kupcake drafted our next great center and he may have drafted another all-star in Farmar. He's played exceptionally well so far this season. It's good to see the impact DFish has had on him and everyone else.

Cameron Crazy
11-13-2007, 03:28 PM
Spurs win, the lakers are not good this yera.

JR2004
11-13-2007, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy

lol...

Bull's-eye
11-13-2007, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
We might be playing without 3 guys tonight, but I hope not or we're getting embarrassed.

Which players? I going to se the Lakers/Houston game on Wednesday.

big daddy russ
11-13-2007, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
When Kobe's feeling it, the best you can hope for is to be the last team with the ball.

And yeah, JR, I'll be watching it as long as I can keep my eyes open. Have been awake since about 8 yesterday morning, but I'm going to try to finish the game. I really want to see what Bynum looks like and if he's made steps since last year.

luvhoops34
11-13-2007, 07:51 PM
I saw on on one of the sports shows, that
Kareem is supposed to be working with Kwame Brown on the sky hook.

If he gets it's perfected, that will be one more weapon for the lakers.

JR2004
11-13-2007, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
I saw on on one of the sports shows, that
Kareem is supposed to be working with Kwame Brown on the sky hook.

If he gets it's perfected, that will be one more weapon for the lakers.

He's working on it with Bynum. Kwame is beyond help offensively. Even The Captain can't fix hands of stone.

JR2004
11-13-2007, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
When Kobe's feeling it, the best you can hope for is to be the last team with the ball.

And yeah, JR, I'll be watching it as long as I can keep my eyes open. Have been awake since about 8 yesterday morning, but I'm going to try to finish the game. I really want to see what Bynum looks like and if he's made steps since last year.

Bynum has made a huge leap. I don't know that you're going to see the improvement he's made tonight because I'm fairly certain he's going to be in foul trouble early on. He's also been in Phil's doghouse for showing up late to the Rockets game and he still hasn't started him because of that.

Kobe did throw the big young fella an alley the other night. Never thought I'd see the day he would do that with Bynum, but he and the rest of his teammates have actually been going to him in the post and it's really opened things up on the perimeter. When he's not in foul trouble he's been playing like he wants to prove to Kobe that he's completely wrong about him. He's just been clearing everyone off the defensive boards. It brings back good memories of the Big Malcontent doing that back when he cared about basketball.

eagles_victory
11-13-2007, 08:03 PM
The Lakers are a team that hasnt proven that they can do it 82 games a year. However, they are the team that can really scare people and truly have a chance to beat anybody on any given night. Whenever you have Kobe on your side if he gets hot the Lakers always have a fighting chance.

Bynum is raw but he is a raw talent and if he continues to develop in 2 to 3 years he will be a top 5 center in this league (not that there are a whole lot of good centers in this league)

JR2004
11-13-2007, 08:58 PM
And Duncan's eyes pop out of his head at the 3:51 mark. I really thought he'd at least make it to the 8 minute mark of the 2nd quarter!

JR2004
11-13-2007, 10:55 PM
Well that went about like I thought it would. The one good thing that may come out of this is Mihm's days as a starter should come to an end. I wouldn't mind parking him and Kwame at the end of the bench permanently once we can let Bynum get 30-35 minutes every night.

Andrew accounted for himself extremely well tonight. He didn't back down at all from Duncan or Oberto and used his body to his advantage on the rare occasions that his teammates got him the ball in the post. I'm more than happy with 11 points and 12 boards in 25 minutes tonight. The young fella just keeps getting better and better each time out. When he went up for a rebound he got it just about every single time. Usually I'm not real happy after losses, but Bynum's play tonight made it worth watching for me! Hopefully he'll be out of Phil's doghouse now because he deserves to start!

big daddy russ
11-13-2007, 10:57 PM
Man, they didn't show the game here in Houston. They only had it on NBA TV (which I don't subscribe to). Only other game broadcasted down here was the Rockets/Grizz game.

JR2004
11-13-2007, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Man, they didn't show the game here in Houston. They only had it on NBA TV (which I don't subscribe to). Only other game broadcasted down here was the Rockets/Grizz game.

That's where I had to watch it. This is the first year I've gotten NBA TV and League Pass. I see why so many Laker fans complain about Stu Lantz. You would've had to watch the game with the volume turned all the way down.

big daddy russ
11-13-2007, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
That's where I had to watch it. This is the first year I've gotten NBA TV and League Pass. I see why so many Laker fans complain about Stu Lantz. You would've had to watch the game with the volume turned all the way down.
I've never heard him, but I feel the same way about Bill Walton. No doubt the guy knows his hoops, but he makes me feel dumber just for listening.

If I followed an out-of-state team, I'd definitely do that League Pass. But the two teams I follow the most are the Spurs and the Rockets. If TNT or ESPN isn't carrying them, chances are FSN is. Still, not a bad deal even though it seems like a lot of money up front.

Me and two of my buddies who are die-hard Spurs fans used to watch the Spurs' "trash" games at a little bar in Corpus when they weren't broadcast. We figured it up once and realized that the three of us who went on a regular basis spent an average of around $80 (total for all three of us) for food and drinks when we went to watch the games. We probably averaged around a game a week or two every three weeks, and those tabs add up.

For what we spent on food and drinks, plus the gas over there and back, for four games, we could've ordered League Pass and had enough money left over for some meat for the grill and a case of beer per game. Definitely not a bad deal.

Bull19
11-13-2007, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Which players? I going to se the Lakers/Houston game on Wednesday.

are you a rockets groupie or what bullseye? seem like you go to every game. you got season tickets?

Bull's-eye
11-13-2007, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
are you a rockets groupie or what bullseye? seem like you go to every game. you got season tickets?

Les Alexander is always giving me tickets. :D