PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Town Wants To Ban Red And Green Lights

jason
11-13-2007, 09:56 AM
LINK (http://www.shortnews.com/start.cfm?id=66355)

Colorado Town Wants To Ban Red And Green Lights

The town of Fort Collins, Colorado, and its Holiday Display Task Force are in the process of making their Christmas decorations more politically correct.

The task force plans to recommend that the city displays only include white lights, winter symbols that aren't linked with any particular holiday and other non-secular items.

Additionally, Christmas trees will no longer be permitted to be put up outside of public buildings or on public property. The city plans on voting on the recommendations on November 20th.

hawkfan
11-13-2007, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by jason
LINK (http://www.shortnews.com/start.cfm?id=66355)

Colorado Town Wants To Ban Red And Green Lights

The town of Fort Collins, Colorado, and its Holiday Display Task Force are in the process of making their Christmas decorations more politically correct.

The task force plans to recommend that the city displays only include white lights, winter symbols that aren't linked with any particular holiday and other non-secular items.

Additionally, Christmas trees will no longer be permitted to be put up outside of public buildings or on public property. The city plans on voting on the recommendations on November 20th.

You heard it first here, political correctness is destroying America.

eagles72
11-13-2007, 10:18 AM
Sounds like that town has some major problems to me!!

crzyjournalist03
11-13-2007, 10:22 AM
I think this is totally fair because I know that every time I see red or green lights my initial immediate reaction is, "Oh, those are Christian lights."

Ranger Mom
11-13-2007, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I think this is totally fair because I know that every time I see red or green lights my initial immediate reaction is, "Oh, those are Christian lights."

Please tell me you aren't serious!:eek:

jason
11-13-2007, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Please tell me you aren't serious!:eek: he probably is serious - not surprising hearing this from somebody who grew up in kaufman county....

:D :D :D

Phil C
11-13-2007, 10:38 AM
Then they shouldn't take the day off for Christmas and Thanksgiving since if they do this they are saying they are just like other days.

Johnny 5
11-13-2007, 10:40 AM
Can we take out traffic signals as well? They have red and green lights . . .

:D

crzyjournalist03
11-13-2007, 10:46 AM
Please tell me you aren't serious!:eek:

haha...notice the "LOL" in the subject line...

I seriously wonder how they came to the agreement that red and green signifies Christianity.

LH Panther Mom
11-13-2007, 11:01 AM
I wonder if making the lights 100% white is really the right PC thing to do. :thinking: Maybe pink and orange polka-dot lights would be better. :D

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: GMAB....

Ranger Mom
11-13-2007, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I wonder if making the lights 100% white is really the right PC thing to do. :thinking: Maybe pink and orange polka-dot lights would be better. :D

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: GMAB....

True....is all white lights not racist??:eek:

jason
11-13-2007, 11:07 AM
True....is all white lights not racist??:eek: having black lights line the streets and buildings would be pretty cool...

LH Panther Mom
11-13-2007, 11:17 AM
having black lights line the streets and buildings would be pretty cool...
Ooooh, and they could use flourescent pink and orange polka dot decorations. :D

crzyjournalist03
11-13-2007, 03:59 PM
having black lights line the streets and buildings would be pretty cool...

:eek: Black is SO not PC....:p

sahen
11-13-2007, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Johnny 5
Can we take out traffic signals as well? They have red and green lights . . .

:D
thats what i thought they meant by banning red and green lights....they should just have yellow/white traffic lights, it discriminates against the color blind people by having them different colors....everyone shoudl just memorize that the top light means stop and the bottom go...