PDA

View Full Version : Celina

BobcatBenny
11-13-2007, 12:57 AM
Far too many threads not about Celina! :D

charlesrixey
11-13-2007, 01:04 AM
that's because talking about the inevitable isn't as much fun!

;) :D

dogdad
11-13-2007, 01:09 AM
well I would truly love to see Royse City and Celina meet up in the play-offs this year....but it is not to be........so I will have to hope that we will play Gilmer instead if both teams get to the regional finals

division 2 bracket looks like a cakewalk for Celina all the way to the finals

BobcatBenny
11-13-2007, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by dogdad
well I would truly love to see Royse City and Celina meet up in the play-offs this year....
No, you wouldn't.

As a matter of fact, even Liberty Hill didn't want to play Celina this year. :D

I sure hope Giddings gets to meet Celina.

dogdad
11-13-2007, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
No, you wouldn't.

yes I really would Benny
but Celina has good fortune this year
yall get to avoid LH and RC
but the problem with cakewalks is that by the time you meet a good team, you arent used to it

charlesrixey
11-13-2007, 01:23 AM
yes I really would Benny
but Celina has good fortune this year
yall get to avoid LH and RC
but the problem with cakewalks is that by the time you meet a good team, you arent used to it

i would contend that Celina's schedule has been just as tough as RC's so far this year

and i think you missed my note to you in another thread,,,,,,

wouldn't be great for snyder to play celina?

dogdad
11-13-2007, 01:45 AM
it would be great for Snyder to get to play Celina what a hoot that would be to watch

and yes I think Celina's schedule has been as tough as RCs, but I was giving Benny some grief for saying that RC wouldnt want any of Celina and that is just not true
when I talked about cakewalk, I was referring to the D2 play-off brackets that Celina faces
no disrespect to you rixey or to celina....just to those that disrespect us (where is wildtexan? lol)

Old Tiger
11-13-2007, 01:48 AM
it would be great for Snyder to get to play Celina what a hoot that would be to watch

By hoot, you mean blowout?

dogdad
11-13-2007, 01:53 AM
yes Celina would make them wish it was basketball season

bobcat1
11-13-2007, 05:49 AM
One game at a time.:thinking: Lots of steps on the ladder. Right now the score is 460-83. :D I would like to play Snyder so I could meet DaHop and little Hop. :thumbsup:

LH Panther Mom
11-13-2007, 06:20 AM
(where is wildtexan? lol)
I have to give him some credit. After all the posts he had last year about the superiority of Celina, he called me on my cell almost immediately after the game offering congratulations. :)

Johnny 5
11-13-2007, 07:50 AM
I would like to see Rio Hondo vs Celina at the state championship.

Bobcats vs Bobcats

BobcatBenny
11-13-2007, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Johnny 5
I would like to see Rio Hondo vs Celina at the state championship.

Bobcats vs Bobcats
Well, I think Celina has to actually successfully navigate a cakewalk. :rolleyes:

And honestly, I looked at Rio Hondo's record and I cannot figure out what would make anyone think that they would actually get to the championship. :D

44 Magnum
11-13-2007, 08:24 AM
Division II of Region 2 is a joke! Hey Bobcats, come down to Region 3. At least the games would be competitive. Giddings, LaVega, Caldwell, West Orange-Stark, etc. Too bad it might be in the championship game instead of having to run through a true playoff gauntlet and really earn your way to a title (title game).

Old Tiger
11-13-2007, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by 44 Magnum
Division II of Region 2 is a joke! Hey Bobcats, come down to Region 3. At least the games would be competitive. Giddings, LaVega, Caldwell, West Orange-Stark, etc. Too bad it might be in the championship game instead of having to run through a true playoff gauntlet and really earn your way to a title (title game). Dude Celina is good.

charlesrixey
11-13-2007, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by 44 Magnum
Division II of Region 2 is a joke! Hey Bobcats, come down to Region 3. At least the games would be competitive. Giddings, LaVega, Caldwell, West Orange-Stark, etc. Too bad it might be in the championship game instead of having to run through a true playoff gauntlet and really earn your way to a title (title game).

celina doesn't pick its post-season road

but it still won 7 of 8 state title games, all against region III teams

DaHop72
11-13-2007, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
One game at a time.:thinking: Lots of steps on the ladder. Right now the score is 460-83. :D I would like to play Snyder so I could meet DaHop and little Hop. :thumbsup: Back at you bobcat1.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ranger Mom
11-13-2007, 09:39 AM
Did I ever tell y'all that my step-dad bought a lawn mower in Celina that was painted orange??:D :D

BobcatBenny
11-13-2007, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Did I ever tell y'all that my step-dad bought a lawn mower in Celina that was painted orange??:D :D
Was it pulling a round bale of hay that was painted orange too?

I think if something sits still long enough in Celina it get a good coat of orange paint. ;)

Txbroadcaster
11-13-2007, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
celina doesn't pick its post-season road

but it still won 7 of 8 state title games, all against region III teams

won them all agianst 2A Region III

LH Panther Mom
11-13-2007, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
won them all agianst 2A Region III
Good point.... ;)

Rule #76
11-13-2007, 11:43 AM
People can get as mad as they want and say that whoever makes it out of region III earned their way and celina didn't. Not a celina fan, but its not their fault the region is weak (in DII). Whoever comes out of region III will have had a tough road, but you want to be the best you have to beat the best. Good luck to all.

Would like to see a LH vs Gilmer. Two totally different schemes.

Texasfootball2
11-13-2007, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Rule #76
People can get as mad as they want and say that whoever makes it out of region III earned their way and celina didn't. Not a celina fan, but its not their fault the region is weak (in DII). Whoever comes out of region III will have had a tough road, but you want to be the best you have to beat the best. Good luck to all.

Would like to see a LH vs Gilmer. Two totally different schemes.

What kind of schemes to LH and Gilmer run?::thinking:

kepdawg
11-13-2007, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Really? That's interesting. Did I ever tell you about some of the other interesting orange things around town?

Rule #76
11-13-2007, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
What kind of schemes to LH and Gilmer run?::thinking:

LH being in the slot-t and i'm pretty sure Gilmer is spread.

That was all i meant.

LHdog
11-13-2007, 12:22 PM
LH runs the slot tee like no other. But the difference this year is that they can throw the ball effectively if they have to.

LH Panther Mom
11-13-2007, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by LHdog
LH runs the slot tee like no other. But the difference this year is that they can throw the ball effectively if they have to.
Heck, I've even seen us throw it "just because". :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

Rabbit'93
11-13-2007, 02:27 PM
I want to see Celina vs. Kansas City Chiefs. Although it wouldn't be a game for long.

Celina is far too superior for KC to hang.

BILLYFRED0000
11-13-2007, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
I want to see Celina vs. Kansas City Chiefs. Although it wouldn't be a game for long.

Celina is far too superior for KC to hang.

They would not play us. Coach Ford did give them a call but they said that liked easy teams in their preseason so they could work on their scheme.:D

bobcat1
11-13-2007, 08:09 PM
I guess we will not have played anyone again if we get lucky and win the State Championship this year.:rolleyes: I don't know why everyone rides the broom on Celina so hard. If we couldn't get to the title game in Reg 3 Div 1 or Div 2 we would just need to be Snyder or something. :p

lion75
11-13-2007, 08:32 PM
My thoughts on Celina after seeing them play twice this year and twice last year. They are a little weaker in the defensive line, but their soph. middle linebacker ( Lavey) makes up for it. I think they are basically the same damm machine. I do not think the other teams in their district are strong at all, but you can't fault Celina for that. They may very well win state, but as they've discovered in the past, it's never a given in 3a. As far as the competition they will get in the semi's, it should be stronger. Graham and Snyder are much improved over last year and Vernon is better (9-1) than last year at this time (5-5), mainly because they have so much more speed. Having won the semifinal last year by 17 points last year I would expect them to be favored by 10 - 15 points this year. I don't think you should expect to beat the Region 1 champ by 40-60 points like Pilot Point or Wakeland.

bobcat1
11-13-2007, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by lion75
My thoughts on Celina after seeing them play twice this year and twice last year. They are a little weaker in the defensive line, but their soph. middle linebacker ( Lavey) makes up for it. I think they are basically the same damm machine. I do not think the other teams in their district are strong at all, but you can't fault Celina for that. They may very well win state, but as they've discovered in the past, it's never a given in 3a. As far as the competition they will get in the semi's, it should be stronger. Graham and Snyder are much improved over last year and Vernon is better (9-1) than last year at this time (5-5), mainly because they have so much more speed. Having won the semifinal last year by 17 points last year I would expect them to be favored by 10 - 15 points this year. I don't think you should expect to beat the Region 1 champ by 40-60 points like Pilot Point or Wakeland.

I wouldn't expect to beat the region 1 champs by much of anything if at all, but where in the blue hell did 40-60 points come from. D line should be back up to full strength as of last week. We had an injury or two that was hurting us. We did lose Jamie Blatnick and replacing a D1 blue chipper is next to impossible.

DaHop72
11-13-2007, 10:22 PM
we would just need to be Snyder or something. :p :foul: :foul: :foul: :foul: :foul:

:devil: :D

lion75
11-13-2007, 10:22 PM
I wouldn't expect to beat the region 1 champs by much of anything if at all, but where in the blue hell did 40-60 points come from. D line should be back up to full strength as of last week. We had an injury or two that was hurting us. We did lose Jamie Blatnick and replacing a D1 blue chipper is next to impossible. I was mainly referring to the loss of Blatnick. He was awesome. The 40 - 60 came from watching you guys play Pilot Point. I wasn't accusing you guys of expecting it. Sorry if it came across that way.

rundoe
11-14-2007, 12:14 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BobcatBenny
[B].

and where did you get that bogus information?

sabre1
11-14-2007, 12:16 AM
No, you wouldn't.

It should be a lock for Celina to get to the big game. Giddings has to play WOS and if they can get through them than it is Waco La Vega. Both teams are very strong. Nothing is for sure in region III

BobcatBenny
Originally posted by lion75
I was mainly referring to the loss of Blatnick. He was awesome. The 40 - 60 came from watching you guys play Pilot Point. I wasn't accusing you guys of expecting it. Sorry if it came across that way.
Whew! (wipes the sweat away from my brow) Glad we got that straight! :D

rundoe

And where did you get that bogus information????

BobcatBenny
11-14-2007, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by rundoe
And where did you get that bogus information????
Isn't it obvious? Liberty Hill conspired to get themselves in the D1 bracket by not being one of the smallest two schools in their district. If that is not blatent cowardess, what is? :p

rundoe
11-14-2007, 12:26 AM
Isn't it obvious? Liberty Hill conspired to get themselves in the D1 bracket by not being one of the smallest two schools in their district. If that is not blatent cowardess, what is? :p

Your full of yourself. bout the nicest and last thing I am saying on this subject. We already proved this arguement last year.

As a matter of fact we are an open district you can send your kids here for free , live in another town, and not even pay school taxes in LH. So much for your conspiracy theory.

So I'll give you that last word, but LH ain't afraid of Celina.

rundoe
11-14-2007, 12:29 AM
I'm going to bed thats the stupidest thing I have heard today.

BobcatBenny
11-14-2007, 12:30 AM
Your full of yourself. bout the nicest and last thing I am saying on this subject. We already proved this arguement last year.

Word. :D

BobcatBenny
11-14-2007, 12:33 AM
I'm going to bed thats the stupidest thing I have heard today.
Dear LHPM,
That was my most delayed baiting, hooking and reeling in I have had in a long time! Please ring that bell for me this weekend.

Benny

bobcat1
11-14-2007, 05:56 AM
Come on Benny.:p You know you have to throw that one back.:D He's too small. Let me help you get that hook out of his throat. Anybody have any long neck needlenose pliers?:D There rundoe, you're free to go.:clap: :clap: :clap:

gatordaze
11-14-2007, 08:13 AM

As a matter of fact we are an open district you can send your kids here for free , live in another town, and not even pay school taxes in LH. So much for your conspiracy theory.

You get what you pay for!;)

kepdawg
12-18-2007, 02:15 AM
:D

charlesrixey
12-19-2007, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
:D

nobody took it and ran with it!

alaskacat
12-19-2007, 12:50 PM

Aaaah so LH does a little outside recruiting do they?...kinda figured something was up:)

75009Football
12-19-2007, 02:17 PM
CharlesR, as soon as you say something about it, alaskacat bites. Doesn't seem like he's running to hard and fast with it though. Just playin with it a little.

charlesrixey
12-19-2007, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by 75009Football
CharlesR, as soon as you say something about it, alaskacat bites. Doesn't seem like he's running to hard and fast with it though. Just playin with it a little.

i believe he has started playing it safe so that he doesn't get benched before he can talk smack after saturday!:p