PDA

View Full Version : 4A Dayton gets jipped in first round

GoStafford
11-12-2007, 08:27 PM
Link (http://baytownsun.com/story.lasso?ewcd=b1a07d0861cc8a35)

kepdawg
11-12-2007, 08:57 PM
Poorly written article that gave me a headache

It sounds like they got it right though

ASUFrisbeeStud
11-12-2007, 09:31 PM
That does kinda suck.

LH Panther Mom
11-12-2007, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg

Sounds right to me, too.

88bobcats
11-12-2007, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg

I disagree. I think you rank the district 1, 2, & 3, then pull the D1 team, then list the DII teams.

Ranking the DII teams without the complete influence of the entire district is not standard.

kepdawg
11-12-2007, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by 88bobcats
I disagree. I think you rank the district 1, 2, & 3, then pull the D1 team, then list the DII teams.

Ranking the DII teams without the complete influence of the entire district is not standard.

I think there's a difference between district standings and playoff seeding

Tri-champs

Pull your D1 then break the tie for D2

sahen
11-13-2007, 03:11 PM
actually the problem Dayton has w/ it (i live about 5 miles from dayton so i can speak for them) is that the rules were clearly stated and agreed upon prior to the game on friday by all the schools....and then all of a sudden friday right before the games they changed the rules....it doesnt matter if the way that they did it appears better or not, the fact is the district changed the written rules so that Lumberton could have the 1 seed being they never been to the playoffs....

this district and Dayton have a history of problems, back when Barber's Hill and Huffman went 4a they changed Dayton from the district they had been in and dominated for many years (the district they are now playing in the playoffs) to the district they are now in w/ the Beaumont area schools....Dayton got mad because they did not have the stadium capacity to host the Beaumont area schools and it caused a lot of problems eventually resulting in dayton having to pour a lot of money they really didnt have into making their stadium larger....

anyway, it appears that Crosby has the biggest stink because basically Dayton's district just made it to where they should win both their first round games, Lumberton probably wasn't going to beat Crosby but Dayton has a good shot of knocking them off....

44INAROW
11-13-2007, 03:35 PM
Ironically, one of the ladies I work with just said her husband is calling this game. He usually calls closer to home, but I guess the play-offs require more windshield time. I just thought it was weird when she said "**** is calling a game against Dayton and Crosby, wonder where the heck that is" ..

setxsports
11-13-2007, 03:47 PM
**********.com on their Wed night talk show we'll mention it beginning at 8:30.

sahen
11-13-2007, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
"**** is calling a game against Dayton and Crosby, wonder where the heck that is" ..

ouch, im guessing they have a fun home life if they refer to each other w/ such colorful names as ****

44INAROW
11-13-2007, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by sahen
ouch, im guessing they have a fun home life if they refer to each other w/ such colorful names as ****
LOL I just didn't wanna put his name on the downlow......

Johnny 5
11-13-2007, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by sahen

:clap:

lol