PDA

View Full Version : The Mist

Maroon87
11-12-2007, 07:52 PM
I'm glad someone finally made a movie out of this story....:thumbsup:

Emerson1
11-12-2007, 07:53 PM
Anyone wanna come cuddle with me so I can see it?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-12-2007, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Anyone wanna come cuddle with me so I can see it?

Originally posted by Go Blue
Yes, I would love to.

I'm waiting to see this...

Emerson1
11-12-2007, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I'm waiting to see this...
We charge spectators.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-12-2007, 09:19 PM
We charge spectators.

I was talking about the quote. Don't flatter yourself. ;)

Phil C
04-18-2008, 12:34 PM
My son checked it out. I didn't care for it at all. I was able to predict things and figure out the ending was before it happened. Many will enjoy it though. I didn't. What a wasted two hours.

Txbroadcaster
04-18-2008, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
My son checked it out. I didn't care for it at all. I was able to predict things and figure out the ending was before it happened. Many will enjoy it though. I didn't. What a wasted two hours.

Man I cannot disagree more

The atmosphere of the movie was awesome, truly IMO showed how people's value/morals decay in an apocolyptoc situation.

BuffyMars
04-18-2008, 12:38 PM

i disagree entirely. even stephen king was impressed with the ending and said he wish he would have thought of it.

its such a deep movie. it is definitely not a sci-fi/monster movie, its actually a look at how our society so easily cracks under pressure.

i don't want to give anything away, but if you haven't seen it, and you want to get a good look at how we as humans work in a disaster. watch it.

crzyjournalist03
04-18-2008, 12:54 PM

I think this has to be the first time that Phil has ever given a movie a :thmbdwn:

Phil C
04-18-2008, 12:56 PM
Now now! Everyone is entitled to their opinion. If you read my post I did say there would be some who would enjoy it. I was one that didn't. I realize that there might even be some that didn't like Dawn at Socorro. :eek:

DDBooger
04-18-2008, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

The atmosphere of the movie was awesome, truly IMO showed how people's value/morals decay in an apocolyptoc situation. moral panic, good example

Ranger Mom
04-18-2008, 12:57 PM
We charge spectators.

EWWWW!!! Who would pay to see you and Go Blue cuddle?? GROSS!!!

Sweetwater Red
04-18-2008, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
EWWWW!!! Who would pay to see you and Go Blue cuddle?? GROSS!!!

Uhhhhhh.....aggiejohn and those three posters from Snyder.:thinking:

Maroon87
04-18-2008, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

The atmosphere of the movie was awesome, truly IMO showed how people's value/morals decay in an apocolyptoc situation.

The book left the story open-ended so you don't know what happened to the survivors or the real cause of the mist. I preferred that to the one they used for the movie which was very depressing.

Txbroadcaster
04-18-2008, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
The book left the story open-ended so you don't know what happened to the survivors or the real cause of the mist. I preferred that to the one they used for the movie which was very depressing.

Yea I loved the ending in the movie compared to the book

But the ending is IMO not the most important thing, The Journey of the story is just as big

Phil C
04-18-2008, 02:06 PM
SPOILER WARNING! YOU MAY NOT WANT TO READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THIS MOVIE!

I wonder if the ones that stayed behind at the store perished or were rescured in time. The movie wasn't clear on that. But it was ironic that the woman who left the store early in the movie to go get her daughter survived along with her daughter. The others would have too if they had gone with her. I was glad she and her daughter made it. Strange irony.

PHS Wildcats
04-18-2008, 08:07 PM
I think I'm going to check it out.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-18-2008, 09:19 PM
This movie was horrible. I mean, it was seriously a really bad movie and I'm not too hard to please when it comes to movies. The ending made me laugh though.

PHS Wildcats
04-18-2008, 09:32 PM
This movie was horrible. I mean, it was seriously a really bad movie and I'm not too hard to please when it comes to movies. The ending made me laugh though.

so I should see it?

Diocletian
04-18-2008, 10:50 PM
It wasn't that bad...

It's worth d/l'n and watching on the computer :)

Phil C
04-19-2008, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
so I should see it?

I don't see why not. Even though I didn't care for it there are some folks that liked it a lot. It is worth a chance.

Phil C
04-26-2008, 08:08 PM
Upon further though it I would now rate it a fair movie. I originally was disappointed in that I had figured out what would happen and wasn't surprised.

pirate4state
04-26-2008, 11:20 PM

I just watched it tonight w/o any expectations just needed to "relax" after being out in the sun all day.

I really enjoyed it. I laughed in quite a few places. The "execution" was righteous! :p :D

I figured that would happen in the end. Tragic.

nobogey72
04-27-2008, 02:59 AM
Anyone wanna come cuddle with me so I can see it? Go Blue????? :doh: Black Magic????:doh: