PDA

View Full Version : adrian peterson tears lcl

DU_stud04
11-12-2007, 03:20 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-vikingspeterson&prov=ap&type=lgns

lcl usually heals up pretty good, not nearly as crucial as acl, but itll put him out for a few games. from what i read, its not season ending, surgery not needed.

looks like its back to Tarvaris Jackson and Chester Taylor against the raiders next week. its funny how lopsided the offense is, 1st in rushing, 31 is passing. makes it very easy to key on the backs, which is exactly what green bay did.

good luck to ad, hopefully its a quick recovery and he doesnt try and come back too quick.

Txbroadcaster
11-12-2007, 03:23 PM
how good is Peterson?

All the football shows talk about how GB bottled him up and shut him down

he averaged over 4 yarda a carry..Most backs in NFL would like that agianst a top 10 Run defense

King_LeYoeNidas
11-12-2007, 03:28 PM
damn he is injury prone. I had said here at work that it was only a matter of time...but I was really hoping he would go injury free. I would think he or Romo are our choices for Madden 09 coverboy.

DU_stud04
11-12-2007, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
how good is Peterson?

All the football shows talk about how GB bottled him up and shut him down

he averaged over 4 yarda a carry..Most backs in NFL would like that agianst a top 10 Run defense the guy is unbelievable. If Minnesota had another attack besdies him or taylor, teams wouldnt be able to key just on him and that number woulda jumped. usually good run defenses, chicago, san diego.....look what he did against both of those teams. the guy is the real deal, staying healthy is his only problem i can see.

i saw an interview with him a week or so ago, the press asked him how he is adjusting to the pro level of play. he said something like" it was rough at first, but now it just feels like college all over again"

something like that :)

DU_stud04
11-12-2007, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
damn he is injury prone. I had said here at work that it was only a matter of time...but I was really hoping he would go injury free. I would think he or Romo are our choices for Madden 09 coverboy. you cant take him down up high, down low is the way to get him down. which means higher % of getting injured.

and id go with ad or tha other gunslinger... brett farve :D