PDA

View Full Version : It's Burnet Durnit you'd better LEARN IT!!!!!

BHS#1
11-29-2003, 08:05 AM
You know most of the time I am an easy going fan but when the Sinton girl(I forgot her name) was doing the welcome and she said Barnett. I thougt cheap shot and at the end of her welcome when she said "go pirates go". I thought that was very UNSPORTMAN LIKE, and RUDE.

olddawggreen
11-29-2003, 08:38 AM
Oh well BHS #1, Time to move on to next week. :)

jason
11-29-2003, 08:43 AM
BHS#1:
You know most of the time I am an easy going fan but when the Sinton girl(I forgot her name) was doing the welcome and she said Barnett. I thougt cheap shot and at the end of her welcome when she said "go pirates go". I thought that was very UNSPORTMAN LIKE, and RUDE.she's prolly just an airhead ......... and if she was from Sinton what was she supposed to say, "go tigers go" ? ... you guys went down there and took care of business, dont look for things to complain about. you won, be happy!

<small>[ November 29, 2003, 07:44 AM: Message edited by: jason ]</small>

olddawggreen
11-29-2003, 09:15 AM
jason:

BHS#1:
You know most of the time I am an easy going fan but when the Sinton girl(I forgot her name) was doing the welcome and she said Barnett. I thougt cheap shot and at the end of her welcome when she said "go pirates go". I thought that was very UNSPORTMAN LIKE, and RUDE.she's prolly just an airhead ......... and if she was from Sinton what was she supposed to say, "go tigers go" ? ... you guys went down there and took care of business, dont look for things to complain about. you won, be happy!ditto!

Buccaneer
11-29-2003, 10:57 AM
BHS#1:
You know most of the time I am an easy going fan but when the Sinton girl(I forgot her name) was doing the welcome and she said Barnett. I thougt cheap shot and at the end of her welcome when she said "go pirates go". I thought that was very UNSPORTMAN LIKE, and RUDE.Really, Barnette fans would never be RUDE !

pirate4state
11-29-2003, 10:59 AM
BHS#1:
You know most of the time I am an easy going fan but when the Sinton girl(I forgot her name) was doing the welcome and she said Barnett. I thougt cheap shot and at the end of her welcome when she said "go pirates go". I thought that was very UNSPORTMAN LIKE, and RUDE.:rolleyes: Please give me a break!!! She is a STUDENT! I doubt she intentionally mispronounced your town's name, maybe no one told her how to pronounce it! And since you have your little phrase...it's Burnet Durnit you better learn it...it is obvious she is not the only person to ever mispronounce it! :mad: AND every Sinton student ends their "speech" with GO PIRATES GO!! Jason is right, Burnet took care of business, you won, be happy!

<small>[ November 29, 2003, 10:00 AM: Message edited by: pirate4state ]</small>

dawgdad
11-29-2003, 11:07 AM
It's all in fun, what about the funny stuff(to us Burnet fans ) that the band leader had to say at the half-time show? We won the game anyway and all that stuff just fires up our team!!GO BULLDOGS!!!

Youngs_lil_sis_55
11-29-2003, 01:09 PM
You guys the Barnett "speech" isnt that bad my own junior high teacher in burnet says barnett when we try to correct her she goes "ITS BARNETT I DONT CARE IF THEY MISSPELLED IT". i think its time for her to retire. :) The gurl that said it could possibly be her daughter :rolleyes: ? you never know??(i doubt it though) and if by chance she did intentionally mispronounce it than it was something we can all forget.We need to get off the subject because we forget worst things in life........