Originally posted by Stownhorse
Argyle will pick the secondary apart.

Not if Argyle's QB is laying on his back. Go Clyde, represent 7-3A. :clap:

RedWhiteBlue
11-12-2007, 03:08 PM
I'm going with Argyle.

firstdown
11-12-2007, 04:57 PM
What type of Offense do the Mighty Bulldogs run? I understand they have size do they have speed?

pero chato
11-12-2007, 05:09 PM
Although they are our rivals in district, that's over. I'd like to see Clyde go far in the playoffs. Go Dawgs! Clyde 28-7.

bigron15
11-12-2007, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by pero chato
Although they are our rivals in district, that's over. I'd like to see Clyde go far in the playoffs. Go Dawgs! Clyde 28-7.

who isnt yalls rival in 7-3a?

pero chato
11-12-2007, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by bigron15
who isnt yalls rival in 7-3a?

You're right, everyone is a rival during district. Anyway I would like to see Clyde go a long way in the playoffs.
And Sweetwater, too!

lakers
11-12-2007, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by firstdown
What type of Offense do the Mighty Bulldogs run? I understand they have size do they have speed?

they are 80% run. They will try to control the game by controling the clock.

they have more speed then size. actually they are undersized compared to most teams, but very athletic and quick...

lakers
11-12-2007, 05:53 PM
I will go with Clyde by 21. Clyde should be able to stop Argyles pass heavy O.

buff4life
11-12-2007, 05:55 PM
I don't have a clue about either team but i will pick Clyde because i like the name...its goes with Clyde the Glide Drexler...

pero chato
11-12-2007, 06:08 PM
Clyde's a hard hitting team. Not much size but plenty of speed and heart.

grizz53
11-12-2007, 07:03 PM
I dont know alot about Argyle but I have heard that they have had some problems with turnovers, and if that is true then they are in for long game cuz Clyde causes turnovers against everyone. And for their pass heavy O, Clyde has an awesome secondary and a D line that has caused everyone problems. Should be a good battle though.

clyde1520
11-12-2007, 07:05 PM
clyde should take this one
if clyde can cause turnovers like they have all year, it should be no problem

bigron15
11-12-2007, 08:00 PM
what i noticed about clyde is that they have caused turnovers in just about every game this year. and not just 1. they live off the big turnover

BILLYFRED0000
11-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Argyle was in our district for a couple of years and we have scrimmaged them every year. Good size and speed. The QB is decent and he has some hands to throw to. They can score points in bunches when they get hot. Problem is they seem to have a weak Defense this year. Not sure if they can take it to another level or not. But they have been tough and were state runner up in 2a just 2 years ago when we won in 05. They can adjust if they find something that works. I think Clyde has the edge but it won't be easy.

RMAC
11-12-2007, 09:37 PM
Dogs.

DaHop72
11-13-2007, 09:44 AM
I've got to go with the Clyde Bulldogs, those young men sure impressed me in the Sweetwater game.

Texas Grid Iron
11-13-2007, 12:18 PM
I would have to say Clyde! Have not seen Arygle in person so tuff to make a pick based on what I have seen or not seen in Argyle on paper they look like a finess team that likes to air it out (no not saying they are weak or a cupcake just like to dink and dunk down the field and can put points on the board in bunches). I have been to every Clyde game with exception to one the Wylie game. I say this, they outplayed everyone and are one of the hardest hitting teams in this area. They do not just hit you I am going to quote this from an article I read in a write up, "They crawl inside of you, and take you apart from the inside out!" Not just one or two players on Dfense every aspect is smash mouth. They are truely one of the most physical and biggest hearted teams I have watched play football in the 30 plus years I have been watching it. They lace em up and strap on the headgear and put it to use. Trust me you know you have played the next morning after 4 quarters with them. A week off to heal up some walking wounded and I will go with Clyde by 6. Should be a great game with some interesting matchups! I am hoping for a win and a rematch with a Graham (win ) one of our close losses!

STANG RED
11-13-2007, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Texas Grid Iron
I would have to say Clyde! Have not seen Arygle in person so tuff to make a pick based on what I have seen or not seen in Argyle on paper they look like a finess team that likes to air it out (no not saying they are weak or a cupcake just like to dink and dunk down the field and can put points on the board in bunches). I have been to every Clyde game with exception to one the Wylie game. I say this, they outplayed everyone and are one of the hardest hitting teams in this area. They do not just hit you I am going to quote this from an article I read in a write up, "They crawl inside of you, and take you apart from the inside out!" Not just one or two players on Dfense every aspect is smash mouth. They are truely one of the most physical and biggest hearted teams I have watched play football in the 30 plus years I have been watching it. They lace em up and strap on the headgear and put it to use. Trust me you know you have played the next morning after 4 quarters with them. A week off to heal up some walking wounded and I will go with Clyde by 6. Should be a great game with some interesting matchups! I am hoping for a win and a rematch with a Graham (win ) one of our close losses!

Great post! No doubt those boys are tough as nails and will rock your jock. This is why I think Clyde will pull away late, with their very physical play. it'll take it's toll on Argyle the longer the game goes I believe. Argyle's best chance will be to get out to a sizeable lead early, and I just dont see that happening.

NDFootball
11-13-2007, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Texas Grid Iron

Any Clyde posters I have made fun of/discredited in the past take note at that. That is what a good post looks like. You can root for your team without talking trash. :clap: Good post.

NDFootball
11-13-2007, 06:09 PM
btw clyde by 10

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-13-2007, 06:22 PM
Clyde will control the clock with the running game. I'll take teh Builldogs in this one. (Although I have not seen Argyle play).

VWG
11-13-2007, 08:03 PM
Argyle 8-2 with a loss to Bridgeport and Frisco Wakeland
Clyde 7-3 with a loss to Burkburnett, Graham, and A. Wylie

Clyde has played a tougher schedule.
Remember, Argyle gave Sweetwater all they wanted last year in bi-district. Mustangs won 20-14, but Argyle was able to contain the Mustangs for the most part, and Sweetwater was loaded last year at the skills position.

grizz53
11-13-2007, 08:32 PM
Noone seems to have seen Argyle play, has anyone seen Argyle and Clyde play who can give us a true comparison?

wtxfootball08
11-14-2007, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by grizz53
Noone seems to have seen Argyle play, has anyone seen Argyle and Clyde play who can give us a true comparison?

??

garciap77
11-14-2007, 02:41 PM
I think Clyde will take this one! I have seen Clyde play Sweetwater and Wylie. They bring the wood to you. Very hard hitting defense with alot of heart. If Clyde plays the way they did Sweetwater and Wylie they will win this one. They sure cause alot of turnovers. Good luck Clyde! Go deep in the playoffs!

Sweetwater Red
11-14-2007, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Remember, Argyle gave Sweetwater all they wanted last year in bi-district. Mustangs won 20-14, but Argyle was able to contain the Mustangs for the most part, and Sweetwater was loaded last year at the skills position.

Argyle is one of the best tackling teams I've ever seen. That's
why they held our skill players in check. That Argyle team was
coming off of the 2A Div. I state championship game. Clyde is
going to get what is left of that team.

Coach Slaughter said the Sweetwater game was one of the
most physical hard hitting games he's ever been apart off. This
is going to be another one.

I'm pulling for Clyde 14-10.

RedWhiteBlue
11-14-2007, 03:07 PM
I'm still going with Argyle.......

Who-dun-it!!?
11-14-2007, 04:51 PM
Clyde by less than 7

Budman007
11-14-2007, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Not if Argyle's QB is laying on his back. Go Clyde, represent 7-3A. :clap:

If Clyde does not keep the Argyle QB on his back like our Bridgeport D did when we played them, he will pick them apart.
Even though Argyle has a good passing offense, their D is very suspect and I would give Clyde the edge in this one if they play their smashmouth football. Clyde 24-17

grizz53
11-14-2007, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Budman007
If Clyde does not keep the Argyle QB on his back like our Bridgeport D did when we played them, he will pick them apart.
Even though Argyle has a good passing offense, their D is very suspect and I would give Clyde the edge in this one if they play their smashmouth football. Clyde 24-17

Clyde's D has been stout all year and I dont think there is an offensive line in the state that can slow down their pass rush. And if Argyle has a suspect D then they better get ready to get blown out cuz even teams with good Ds (such as Wylie and Vernon) couldnt slow down Kevil and Liles.

grizz53
11-14-2007, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by wtxfootball08
??

What?

Stownhorse
11-14-2007, 06:08 PM
You're right, everyone is a rival during district. Anyway I would like to see Clyde go a long way in the playoffs.
And Sweetwater, too!

Forget you I hope everyone gets owned and Wylie wins state.

pero chato
11-14-2007, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Forget you I hope everyone gets owned and Wylie wins state.

Hmmmm....Thank you Senor Horse.

STANG RED
11-15-2007, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by grizz53
Clyde's D has been stout all year and I dont think there is an offensive line in the state that can slow down their pass rush. And if Argyle has a suspect D then they better get ready to get blown out cuz even teams with good Ds (such as Wylie and Vernon) couldnt slow down Kevil and Liles.

Clyde has a great D, but I wouldnt get too cocky about their offense. Sweetwater held that O to less than 90 yards total offense for the whole game, and Kevil was held to just 36 I believe. Clyde's downfall will be what Sweetwater's always is. First time you run up against a good athletic D that keeps 8 to 9 men in the box, your dead in the water, and dont have a decent passing game to loosen them up any. I've seen Wylie and good playoff teams beat Sweetwater with that style of play for years.
I dont know if Argyle has a stout enough D to win or not, but I'm afraid Clyde's run will fall short eventually because of being so one dementional on offense, just like Swater is. But I think they do get by Argyle this week. I'll be rooting for Clyde for as long as they can go.

lakers
11-15-2007, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Clyde has a great D, but I wouldnt get too cocky about their offense. Sweetwater held that O to less than 90 yards total offense for the whole game, and Kevil was held to just 36 I believe. Clyde's downfall will be what Sweetwater's always is. First time you run up against a good athletic D that keeps 8 to 9 men in the box, your dead in the water, and dont have a decent passing game to loosen them up any. I've seen Wylie and good playoff teams beat Sweetwater with that style of play for years.
I dont know if Argyle has a stout enough D to win or not, but I'm afraid Clyde's run will fall short eventually because of being so one dementional on offense, just like Swater is. But I think they do get by Argyle this week. I'll be rooting for Clyde for as long as they can go.

;)
I am really looking forward to seeing this one. I know a lot of people from Clyde are going to make the trip to this one. Heck I am bringing a friend that plays at West Texas A&M to the game, he even wants to see it. Only 1 more day, woohooo!!!!

cdawgfan
11-15-2007, 01:41 PM
Does anyone know if you can use district passes for playoff games or not? Some people have told me yes and some no.

Go Bulldogs

rangerjim
11-15-2007, 01:55 PM
Decatur played Argyle after Argyles loss to Bridgeport. My hats off to B'port for containing QB Harp. Argyles QB is slippery and shows a great precense whether to keep and run or throw from out of the pocket.

Clydes defense will be frustrated cuz just when then think they have Harp "on his back" he'll twist away and get a quick pass off for a gain instead of a loss. I know this is a stretch but it's semi-Romo like. You think you have him and he eludes the rush.

Don't know much about Clyde except they're ball control. Will be a good mix of contrasting styles......

Argyle by 6

pero chato
11-15-2007, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by cdawgfan
Does anyone know if you can use district passes for playoff games or not? Some people have told me yes and some no.

Go Bulldogs

Sometimes it works, and other times, it's "nope, you have to buy a ticket". I guess it depends on who is at the gate. It would be nice to know ahead of time, though.

cdawgfan
11-15-2007, 02:06 PM
Sometimes it works, and other times, it's "nope, you have to buy a ticket". I guess it depends on who is at the gate. It would be nice to know ahead of time, though.

Okay, thanks. We were going to buy our tickets ahead of time, but we may just take our chances.

DaHop72
11-15-2007, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by cdawgfan
Okay, thanks. We were going to buy our tickets ahead of time, but we may just take our chances. At Aledo doubtful, they have their own rules.:p

RedWhiteBlue
11-18-2007, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
I'm going with Argyle.
Sometimes, you just have to say I told you so.......