Orangefield vs Huffman
Bellville vs LaGrange
Waco Connally vs Marlin
Teague vs Newton
Anahuac vs Liberty
Sealy vs Giddings

Old Cardinal
10-29-2003, 07:59 PM
Matt, That looks pretty accurate to me, barring some unexpected upsets...I kind of laughed, Jasper and Bridge City began the year, both in a total rebuilding mode. At this point they have about as good a chance of meeting again for the Region III championship, as any of the other 6 Div. I teams now projected in the bracketing. Jasper has been beaten early but is getting poised lately. Bridge City is 4-4, and except for the last play TDs of two ballgames could well be 6-2 right now. Maybe, even 7-2 after tomorrow night. If they get beat by Anahuac, next week, they should not even be in the Playoffs, but their is an excellent chance they will participate in Bi-district anyway. BH and BC are really better matched this year. That should be a good ballgame. I think the 22-3A and 21-3A resulting winners will compete very well in the next round.

MARLINFAN
10-29-2003, 11:40 PM
marlin and connally should be a good game. i think connally should get the biggest turn around award of the yr last yr they were like 1-9 now their 7-1

ProudMama
10-29-2003, 11:49 PM
What makes you so sure Mexia, Fairfield, and Teague are going to be the top in district 19AAA?
There could be some upsets in the next two weeks. I sure hope so anyway!!!!

AggieJohn
10-29-2003, 11:57 PM
Liberty Vs. Anahuac....battle of 563...how great

sahen
10-30-2003, 12:00 AM
lol not only that battle of the panthers....and battle of the black and gold.....dang too much in common w/ anahuac

AggieJohn
10-30-2003, 01:47 AM
sahen:
lol not only that battle of the panthers....and battle of the black and gold.....dang too much in common w/ anahuacLiberty vs. Anahuac
we have the bluff.....they have smith point.
we're the panthers....their the panthers..
used to be 4a. used to be 2a.
563 and 90.... 563 and 10....
we have the jubilee...they have the gatorfest.....
had a good baseball prgm..they had a good
powerlifting team
we have mas amigos....they have dairy queen...
we have tve fairgrounds...they can play putt putt.

so the comparisons aren't so great...but the game should be good

QB85
10-30-2003, 02:01 PM
Administrator
Member # 3

Member Rated:
5 Icon 1 posted October 29, 2003 05:28 PM Profile for Matthew328 Send New Private Message Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote Div I

Gatesville vs Lorena
Mexia vs Jasper
Bridge City vs Barbers Hill
Navaosta vs Manor

Div II
China Spring vs Rockdale
Fairfield vs Diboll
Orangefield vs Huffman
Bellville vs LaGrange
Waco Connally vs Marlin
Teague vs Newton
Anahuac vs Liberty
Sealy vs Giddings

What are some potential sites for these matchups?

AggieJohn
10-30-2003, 03:32 PM
QB85:
Administrator
Member # 3

Member Rated:
5 Icon 1 posted October 29, 2003 05:28 PM Profile for Matthew328 Send New Private Message Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote Div I

Gatesville vs Lorena
Mexia vs Jasper
Bridge City vs Barbers Hill
Navaosta vs Manor

Div II
China Spring vs Rockdale
Fairfield vs Diboll
Orangefield vs Huffman
Bellville vs LaGrange
Waco Connally vs Marlin
Teague vs Newton
Anahuac vs Liberty
Sealy vs Giddings

What are some potential sites for these matchups?i would expect liberty and anahuac to go play at stallworth in baytown....but that's my guess...

sahen
10-30-2003, 03:36 PM
They will only play at Stallworth if Baytown Lee does not play their or if Barber's Hill dont play there....Normally every year one of these 2 play their first round in Stallworth so I would guess Liberty vs. Anahuac will be somewhere other than Stallworth

QB85
10-30-2003, 04:06 PM
If I'm not mistaken, last year there was a 4A or 5A playoff game at Stallworth on Friday night so Barbers Hill and Bridge City had to play on Saturday night. Hopefully Liberty vs Anahuac could play one night and BH vs BC could play the other. I wouldn't mind going to Stallworth 2 nights in a row.

RBARKER
10-30-2003, 04:30 PM
Looks good. This year I agree with old card that the 21 Vs. 22 district matchups will be good Liberty and Anahuac both have beaten BH but Anahuacs was earlier in the year. Huffman beat Orangfield earlier but that was early also I think Orangfield is a much better team now. BH and BC lost to Liberty both were close games. As far a Stalworth stadium goes Lee will be in the playoffs and if they win the flip they will probally play their if not BH and BC would play thier posibly. I Think there is a good chance that the Liberty/ Anahuac or the Huffman Orangefield game could be played at BH. Good luck 21 and 22 3A stay healthy two more games and its playoff time.

Cat22
10-30-2003, 04:38 PM
If it somehow comes down to Liberty and Orangefield, that game will probably be played in Orangefield since it was in Liberty last year. By the way, I hate that rule that if the coaches can't decide on a neutral site that they flip for home and home.

<small>[ October 30, 2003, 03:39 PM: Message edited by: Cat22 ]</small>

St. Ivender
10-30-2003, 04:57 PM
Cat22:
If it somehow comes down to Liberty and Orangefield, that game will probably be played in Orangefield since it was in Liberty last year. By the way, I hate that rule that if the coaches can't decide on a neutral site that they flip for home and home.I can't imagine a coach pig-headed enough that he couldn't agree on a neutral site. Unless the other coach wants to play in some impossible place like Honolulu. If I were a coach and the opposing coach says "let's play in MY home field" , I would say "sure but I get to bring the refs". Or I'd say "I'll play you ANYWHERE, I'll play you in Dennie Ray Smith's field in Pine Grove".

sahen
10-30-2003, 06:02 PM
Cat22:
If it somehow comes down to Liberty and Orangefield, that game will probably be played in Orangefield since it was in Liberty last year. By the way, I hate that rule that if the coaches can't decide on a neutral site that they flip for home and home.That doesnt matter....they flip every year no matter what...so if they dont agree its a 50% chance of being in Orangefield and a 50% chance of being in Liberty just like last year..

3AFTNUT
10-30-2003, 08:42 PM
OLD CARDINAL WHY DO YOU HATE ANAHUAC SO MUCH ?
NEXT WEEK IT IS GOING TO BE A GOOD GAME

Backwoods
10-30-2003, 10:31 PM
Hey St. Most people don't know Pine Grove, Denny Ray's or the old Midway Store. Right down the road from me. Used to get tomatoes from Mr. Smith. :rolleyes:

Wildcat81
10-31-2003, 12:37 AM
Backwoods I remember the midway store. My brother
lived in pine grove for a while can't remember the
Road,but he lived right next door to Bill Barnhum.
Which is my ex sister in laws cousin. Bill doesn't live their any more.My ex sister -in-law was Diane Bailey Martha and Paul Baileys daughter.

AggieJohn
10-31-2003, 01:39 AM
maybe a bh vs. bc 3 o clock saturday afternoon followed by a liberty vs. anahuac at 7.30? all at stallworth on that saturday..that would be choice

St. Ivender
10-31-2003, 09:19 AM
Backwoods:
Hey St. Most people don't know Pine Grove, Denny Ray's or the old Midway Store. Right down the road from me. Used to get tomatoes from Mr. Smith. :rolleyes: I learned a lot about life from listening Jesse Smith spin his yarns. I used to walk down there and hang out with him as well as pick peas. Midway is gone now what a shame.

<small>[ October 31, 2003, 08:21 AM: Message edited by: St. Ivender ]</small>

Cat22
10-31-2003, 09:42 AM
Saphen, here is the rule concerning home and home. This was taken off of the UIL web site.

Please note the following correction to the UIL Constitution and Contest Rules. Section 1250 (i) (3): FOOTBALL PLAN should be amended as follows:

SITE AND DAY OF GAME.

Playoff Games. Unless mutually agreeable otherwise, the place for playing a playoff game shall be determined on a "home and home" basis for the past two football seasons (2001, 2002). The team that was the visiting team the last time the two teams met on a home field in a post-district playoff game may require the game be played at its home field. In case of disagreement between two teams who have not played a post-district playoff game during the past two football seasons, the game site shall be decided by a coin toss.

According to this since Orangefield was the visiting team last year, if they meet again this year Orangefield has the option to play at home.

St. Ivender
10-31-2003, 09:50 AM
Cat22:
Saphen, here is the rule concerning home and home. This was taken off of the UIL web site.

Please note the following correction to the UIL Constitution and Contest Rules. Section 1250 (i) (3): FOOTBALL PLAN should be amended as follows:

SITE AND DAY OF GAME.

Playoff Games. Unless mutually agreeable otherwise, the place for playing a playoff game shall be determined on a "home and home" basis for the past two football seasons (2001, 2002). The team that was the visiting team the last time the two teams met on a home field in a post-district playoff game may require the game be played at its home field. In case of disagreement between two teams who have not played a post-district playoff game during the past two football seasons, the game site shall be decided by a coin toss.

According to this since Orangefield was the visiting team last year, if they meet again this year Orangefield has the option to play at home.In light of this information if I'm Orangefield I would hold out for a coin flip. It is a win win situation for them.

Old Cardinal
10-31-2003, 12:40 PM
How would that work if BC and BH end up playing? I was told that BH won the coin flip and wanted to play in Baytown. Does BC have any residual right, from last year, to have it in BC, or say maybe a Beaumont stadium?

<small>[ October 31, 2003, 11:41 AM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

shellman54
10-31-2003, 12:45 PM
If BH won the coin flip last year, then I do believe BC has the choice of where to play this year. All I can say is if BC chooses to play at their own stadium, it better able to hold a lot of people. I think PN-G would be a good choice to play, they have very nice bleachers.

bccards
10-31-2003, 12:55 PM
Old Cardinal:
How would that work if BC and BH end up playing? I was told that BH won the coin flip and wanted to play in Baytown. Does BC have any residual right, from last year, to have it in BC, or say maybe a Beaumont stadium?yes, bridge city will have the choice where to play, rather it be on our own turf, or at a local stadium, either way, if the bc/bh matchup occurs, which it should, the game will be played here locally. besides, a coin flip wouldn't have happened already yet!

St. Ivender
10-31-2003, 12:59 PM
shellman54:
If BH won the coin flip last year, then I do believe BC has the choice of where to play this year. All I can say is if BC chooses to play at their own stadium, it better able to hold a lot of people. I think PN-G would be a good choice to play, they have very nice bleachers.I would think even BC wouldn't want to play in BC. No parking and a swamp when it rains.

Cat22
10-31-2003, 01:22 PM
I'm not sure if Bridge City will get to choose or not. Look at the rule again. It states that the team that was the visiting team the last time the two teams met on a HOME field in a post-district playoff game may require the game be played at its home field. Since the BH-BC games was not played on a HOME field last year, they may have to flip a coin again this year. I wish there was more clarification on this rule.

Old Cardinal
10-31-2003, 04:47 PM
Too Saint I., I believe you just made that up! There is ample parking all behind the school on Osborne, one huge parking area that I have never seen filled up. The local people leave the parking toward the highway for the visiting guest, if it fills, they direct you to the big lot on the other side of Osborne across from the High School. I have been here all my life and never seen any of that entire piece of ground on that side of the highway under water.... It sure sounds like you made that one up totally, cut- downs seem kind of easy to do....BC has a very big 3A seating capacity. But, I would welcome playing somewhere in Beaumont, where it would be more accomodating for everyone.

QB85
10-31-2003, 04:53 PM
Old Cardinal, what about the old Lamar University stadium? Is it in good shape? If so, wouldn't that be logical.

Old Cardinal
10-31-2003, 05:03 PM
Lamar stadium is kind of seedy and covered with pigeon droppings. Many of the seats have apparently been vandalized. The BC stadium will hold all the folks that BH would bring. If WO-S, Nederland, of PNG stadium were available all would be good options also. If it were on a Saturday night that would even swell the crowd down here. A lot of Orange and Jefferson county folks, opt to follow BC even during regular season, if their particular team is playing way away. BC and OF folks would love having the bi-district games on alternating nights-we tend to follow both teams, when we can.

QB85
10-31-2003, 05:09 PM
PNG would be good, we played Orangefield several years ago there. I've never been to WOS or Nederland.

St. Ivender
10-31-2003, 05:10 PM
Old Cardinal:
Too Saint I., I believe you just made that up! There is ample parking all behind the school on Osborne, one huge parking area that I have never seen filled up. The local people leave the parking toward the highway for the visiting guest, if it fills, they direct you to the big lot on the other side of Osborne across from the High School. I have been here all my life and never seen any of that entire piece of ground on that side of the highway under water.... It sure sounds like you made that one up totally, cut- downs seem kind of easy to do....BC has a very big 3A seating capacity. But, I would welcome playing somewhere in Beaumont, where it would be more accomodating for everyone.I would agree with playing at another venue totally. I don't mean to put down BC's stadium. The 2 times I've been there it was a mud hole......not necessarily under water. Maybe I got there late and couldn't find a good place to park. But when all is said and done there all still many better places to play in the area. I am very spoiled by Stallworth Stadium in Baytown and Singletary stadium in Newton...where there IS ample parking

<small>[ October 31, 2003, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: St. Ivender ]</small>

Old Cardinal
10-31-2003, 07:03 PM
I disagree, BCs stadium facility is one of the best in 3a down here, its the best in 21-3A. If Silsbee comes in they will have the best facility. I am sure you would rather a neutral stadium. We had to drive right pass BH last year to get to the Baytown stadium....Next time you arrive late, ask an attend and he will send you to parking that obviously you don't know about.

EAGLE89
10-31-2003, 10:24 PM
Hey St.

Midway is gone, but the P.W.A. bridge is still standing.

Wildcat81
10-31-2003, 10:28 PM
EAGLE89:
Hey St.

Midway is gone, but the P.W.A. bridge is still standing.Hey Eagle89 Who runs Jones store in Bleakwood.

http://www.jamnart.com/art-intro/mascots/thumbnails/Wildcats.jpg

EAGLE89
10-31-2003, 10:32 PM
Wildcat,
The original Jones' son still lives there, I believe. He is a DPS officer and on a recent trip back to Newton noticed a DPS car there. I'm not sure the store is actually still open.

Wildcat81
10-31-2003, 10:37 PM
I remember his son being a DPS, I just wondered.

http://www.jamnart.com/art-intro/mascots/thumbnails/Wildcats.jpg

JasperDog94
10-31-2003, 10:39 PM
St. Ivender:
I am very spoiled by Singletary stadium in Newton...where there IS ample parkingYou've got to be kidding right?

EAGLE89
10-31-2003, 10:41 PM
Compared to what's available @ the Boneyard, yeah.

EAGLE89
10-31-2003, 10:42 PM
Compared to what's available @ the Boneyard, yeah.

j_dog
10-31-2003, 10:43 PM
Cat22:
I'm not sure if Bridge City will get to choose or not. Look at the rule again. It states that the team that was the visiting team the last time the two teams met on a HOME field in a post-district playoff game may require the game be played at its home field. Since the BH-BC games was not played on a HOME field last year, they may have to flip a coin again this year. I wish there was more clarification on this rule.Several years ago, Jasper and Willowridge played back to back years. The first year, before the flip, Jasper picked Lamar Cardinal Stadium, and Willowridge picked Pasadena Memorial. Jasper won the flip and the game was played in Beaumont. The next year the game automatically went to Pasadena Memorial Stadium. I suspect it might work that way between BC and BH if they had made similar picks. Just a guess.

JasperDog94
10-31-2003, 10:47 PM
EAGLE89:
Compared to what's available @ the Boneyard, yeah.I never said that the Boneyard had a lot of parking. It's probably one of the worst in 3A. But to say that you were spoiled at Newton when it took people over 1 hour to get from Newton to Jasper after the game due to parking and cops sitting on their rear ends, is a bit of an overstatement. Especially when talking about playoff games.

EAGLE89
10-31-2003, 10:54 PM
JasperDog94:

EAGLE89:
Compared to what's available @ the Boneyard, yeah.I never said that the Boneyard had a lot of parking. It's probably one of the worst in 3A. But to say that you were spoiled at Newton when it took people over 1 hour to get from Newton to Jasper after the game due to parking and cops sitting on their rear ends, is a bit of an overstatement. Especially when talking about playoff games.Surely it had to do with the great venue and not the fine traffic control. :D