PDA

View Full Version : Burnet playing in Corpus...the worst thing that could ever happen???

crzyjournalist03
11-24-2003, 05:37 PM
After seeing all this talk going on, I have come to the conclusion that Burnet's game in Corpus Christi may be the worst thing that has happened in high school football this year.

I mean, in all seriousness, what in the world was Sinton thinking????

If Burnet should, by some stretch of the imagination, actually lose this game, I can already tell where the blame is going to lie.

If Sinton comes out and beats Burnet, posters on this board are going to blame the stadium and location and refuse to acknowledge that Sinton was in fact a better team.

For the next year, we will have to hear about how Burnet was "robbed" of a championship by Sinton's lack of "fairness". This scares me very much...with all the people that are on here, I'm afraid about all the stupidity that people would have to listen to if Burnet lost this week.

PAINTBALL
11-24-2003, 05:42 PM
crzyjournalist03:
After seeing all this talk going on, I have come to the conclusion that Burnet's game in Corpus Christi may be the worst thing that has happened in high school football this year.

If Burnet should, by some stretch of the imagination, actually lose this game, I can already tell where the blame is going to lie.

If Sinton comes out and beats Burnet, posters on this board are going to blame the stadium and location and refuse to acknowledge that Sinton was in fact a better team.

For the next year, we will have to hear about how Burnet was "robbed" of a championship by Sinton's lack of "fairness". This scares me very much...with all the people that are on here, I'm afraid about all the stupidity that people would have to listen to if Burnet lost this week.Don't worry it's not going to happen. The kids are more motivated today then I've ever seen them. The Sinton players will pay for their Administration's stupidity. This game will be over by half-time. Burnet by 30+

SintonFan
11-24-2003, 05:42 PM
Looking at their sup's statement, I think they are worried about the Pirates a little. Look at what Sinton has done the last couple of weeks. :cool:
Read this again! Read it twice!
Nothing here says "scared".

<small>[ November 24, 2003, 05:05 PM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

SintonFan
11-24-2003, 05:46 PM
PAINTBALL:

crzyjournalist03:

For the next year, we will have to hear about how Burnet was "robbed" of a championship by Sinton's lack of "fairness". This scares me very much...with all the people that are on here, I'm afraid about all the stupidity that people would have to listen to if Burnet lost this week.Don't worry it's not going to happen. The kids are more motivated today then I've ever seen them. The Sinton players will pay for their Administration's stupidity. This game will be over by half-time. Burnet by 30+The Sinton players will pay for their Administration's stupidity????????
Now I know you are insane. I've never heard anything sooooo danmmmmmmmm cocky.

FOLKS, THIS IS NOT ARROGANCE, IT'S ELITEISM!
Plain and simple...

BurnetBandRules
11-24-2003, 05:57 PM
I really wish that some people would stop Judging the town of Burnet by a few fans on an OPINIONATED football forum. The location of the game is pretty rediculous but you know what, despite what some of the Burnet Posters say, they (the footballplayers) will take it with dignity and hopefully walk away with a victory. Some say that we are scared and are going to use this as a root for blame for a possible lost game: wow, great way to justify a post. The fan base is hige in Burnet and I bet that every fan wants to be able to come but with average family size and yearly wage in todays society, * bucks per person in a 6 person family adds up with the cost of gas, food and possibly a hotel room due to long distance. My advice to most posters, if you even care, is to let the Burnet people simmer down a little before you go and make excuses for their complaints, especially lame one such as they are scared.

mwisnews
11-24-2003, 06:00 PM
Burnet is too powerful, McGee is on fire in the playoffs, except for those 3 interceptions. Burnet is going to take out all that frustration on a Sinton player.

Sinton is a different team? Yeah, they are a weaker team this year than last year. Think about it they were #1 coming up to Burnet and then they got a big suprise when Burnet played them. Burnet won't let anything get in their heads. Burnet players are too experienced and knows what to expect from Sinton. The linemen are bigger and stronger. McGee is smarter and knows what to expect from Sinton. Plus if the offense can put up over 60 points a game in two games then your in big trouble.

If Sinton has a chance of winning, Burnet would have to play the worst game of their lives. Burnet would have to completely shoot themselves with penalties, fumbles, interceptions, and giving up big plays, dropped passes. Lastly the offense would have to shutdown. That's not going to happen. They are too experienced to let that happen.

crzyjournalist03
11-24-2003, 06:04 PM
BurnetBandRules:
I really wish that some people would stop Judging the town of Burnet by a few fans on an OPINIONATED football forum. The location of the game is pretty rediculous but you know what, despite what some of the Burnet Posters say, they (the footballplayers) will take it with dignity and hopefully walk away with a victory. Some say that we are scared and are going to use this as a root for blame for a possible lost game: wow, great way to justify a post. The fan base is hige in Burnet and I bet that every fan wants to be able to come but with average family size and yearly wage in todays society, * bucks per person in a 6 person family adds up with the cost of gas, food and possibly a hotel room due to long distance. My advice to most posters, if you even care, is to let the Burnet people simmer down a little before you go and make excuses for their complaints, especially lame one such as they are scared.whoa there...I never said Burnet was scared...all I'm saying is that IF Burnet loses, many of those opinionated posters will complain about the site.

I in no way mean to stereotype Burnet posters. To put things simply, there are just a lot of them on this board who will use anything they can to complain about. Regardless of what happens, I know that a majority of the city of Burnet will still take pride in what has been a magical ride. I just would hate to see the end result be tarnished if Burnet were to lose and some of the posters start blaming it on the site.

SintonFan
11-24-2003, 06:06 PM
You see what we're putting up with? wink

29x281
11-24-2003, 06:41 PM
Nevermind the possibility that a Burnet loss would be blamed on the decision to play in Corpus; just think what the reaction would be if someone in the Burnet caravan fell asleep while driving and wrecked on the way home.

I'm praying that won't happen.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-24-2003, 06:45 PM
The La Copa Workers say they LOVE IT How Sweet it is http://www.virtuallandmedia.com/flags03/pirate2.gif And come Friday WIN OR LOSE we still made yall come to Pirate Country AND ill drive on friday from burnet with my pirate flag waving from the http://www.virtuallandmedia.com/flags03/pirate2.gif sunroof what a trip itll be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

espn1
11-24-2003, 06:52 PM
Burnet by at least 5 TD's.

Rabbit'93
11-24-2003, 07:56 PM
29x281:
Nevermind the possibility that a Burnet loss would be blamed on the decision to play in Corpus; just think what the reaction would be if someone in the Burnet caravan fell asleep while driving and wrecked on the way home.

I'm praying that won't happen.My God do you read what you're typing. So now if the unfortunate happens its Sintons fault. What if the shoe was on the other foot and they came to SA and a sinton fan had a wreck. Its all on your town's shoulders. See how stupid that sounds.

Get a grip.

Old Dog
11-24-2003, 08:20 PM
For heaven's sake Burnet fans, zip it up and just travel. It's a long haul, but it's better than NOT going. Be there for the boys and don't fret over all this game location stuff. Everyone is spouting off with partial information and it's making both towns look rather dumb.

kaorder1999
11-24-2003, 08:21 PM
Rabbit'93:

29x281:

I'm praying that won't happen.My God do you read what you're typing. So now if the unfortunate happens its Sintons fault. What if the shoe was on the other foot and they came to SA and a sinton fan had a wreck. Its all on your town's shoulders. See how stupid that sounds.

Get a grip.thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard...what 29x281 said...not you rabbit

<small>[ November 24, 2003, 07:22 PM: Message edited by: kaorder1999 ]</small>

PAINTBALL
11-24-2003, 08:30 PM
SintonFan:

PAINTBALL:

crzyjournalist03:

For the next year, we will have to hear about how Burnet was "robbed" of a championship by Sinton's lack of "fairness". This scares me very much...with all the people that are on here, I'm afraid about all the stupidity that people would have to listen to if Burnet lost this week.Don't worry it's not going to happen. The kids are more motivated today then I've ever seen them. The Sinton players will pay for their Administration's stupidity. This game will be over by half-time. Burnet by 30+The Sinton players will pay for their Administration's stupidity????????

Plain and simple...http://www.animationlibrary.com/Animation11/Animals/Dogs/bulldog.gif

29x281
11-24-2003, 08:31 PM
Playing in SA and playing in Corpus are not equivalent scenarios.

slpybear the bullfan
11-24-2003, 09:18 PM
29x281:

I'm praying that won't happen.You gotta be kidding me? Do you honestly think that yours is the only team to ever have to drive to a game?

Do you honestly think that the risks EVERYONE assumes EVERYTIME they get in an automobile can be attributed to the Administration of Sinton???????

You gotta be kidding...

SintonFan
11-24-2003, 09:34 PM
PAINTBALL:

SintonFan:

PAINTBALL:

crzyjournalist03:

Plain and simple...http://www.angelfire.com/rebellion2/mypiratepage/Transition1scareddog.gif http://www.angelfire.com/rebellion2/mypiratepage/LEDSign2scareddog.gif

Ray_BearKat
11-24-2003, 09:35 PM
slpybear the bullfan:

29x281:

I'm praying that won't happen.You gotta be kidding me? Do you honestly think that yours is the only team to ever have to drive to a game?

Do you honestly think that the risks EVERYONE assumes EVERYTIME they get in an automobile can be attributed to the Administration of Sinton???????

You gotta be kidding...I know this is the crazyiest post I've read on here.

Thats funny!

<small>[ November 24, 2003, 08:36 PM: Message edited by: Ray_BearKat ]</small>

GOFOR2
11-24-2003, 09:39 PM
PAINTBALL:

SintonFan:

PAINTBALL:

crzyjournalist03:

Plain and simple...http://www.animationlibrary.com/Animation11/Animals/Dogs/bulldog.gifThat's real classy Paintball. And,crazyjournalist, if the worst thing to happen in high school football is you having to travel to Corpus to support your team, then the world is a pretty good place. I am ashamed for having driven up to San Antonio last to support you guys as you played Everman. The worst thing to happen in football is what happened to Cory Fulbright, with his paralysis, and what happens to many other athletes that may actually die from head trauma or heart failure during practice and in a game. Those are the worst things that happen in football, not your little petty concerns about travel. Get a grip and get your priorities straight.

Bandera YaYa
11-24-2003, 10:04 PM
Very well put, GOFOR2....haven't been on here for a few days, and all of this is pure junk. Hey, if anyone doesn't want to travel to CC, then don't. It's your choice....But, for me, nothing short of death, would have kept me from a game last year.....even if it was in TIMBUCKTOO!!(sp?)
Me. I'm getting a little tired of all the cockiness one minute and all the whining another..... :rolleyes: Be proud you are still playing...a game is won or lost on the field, not on the road to it!

SintonFan
11-24-2003, 10:05 PM
GOFOR2, crazy was kidding. wink

surfspike
11-24-2003, 10:06 PM
mwisnews:
If Sinton has a chance of winning, Burnet would have to play the worst game of their lives. Burnet would have to completely shoot themselves with penalties, fumbles, interceptions, and giving up big plays, dropped passes. Lastly the offense would have to shutdown. That's not going to happen. They are too experienced to let that happen.Tell that to Everman.

GOFOR2
11-24-2003, 10:10 PM
SintonFan:
GOFOR2, crazy was kidding. wink Crazy was probably kidding, but I know this is what Burnet is thinking. Lets cut the crap and let the boys play a good, clean, injury-free game come Friday afternoon.
Heck, when the game is over, the night will still be young enough that we can all go out and throw down a few before Burnet's long trip back home.

Old Green
11-24-2003, 10:27 PM
Where is everyone's spirit of adventure. The travel part is the fun part along with the nervous anticipation of a good battle on the field between two good teams.

Think about the scenerios that you and your companions talk about during your ride to the game, the place you stop to eat. That is what it is all about during the playoffs.

You fly your flags and drive your cars with all your slogans painted on the windows. You may not know it but we here in the small towns take notice. Be proud to Display your team spirit as you travel. I know I would.

BuckeyeFan
11-24-2003, 10:37 PM
Heck, I remeber back in the 70's when I was in high school Longview had to go all the way to Lubbock to play Permian in the semi-finals. Talk about your LONG drives!! And what about the Metroplex schools that have to go the Midland and Odessa to play? Ain't fair is it? But I never here them complaining about it

crzyjournalist03
11-24-2003, 10:51 PM
GOFOR2:

SintonFan:
GOFOR2, crazy was kidding. wink Crazy was probably kidding, but I know this is what Burnet is thinking. Lets cut the crap and let the boys play a good, clean, injury-free game come Friday afternoon.
Heck, when the game is over, the night will still be young enough that we can all go out and throw down a few before Burnet's long trip back home.I'm not even from Burnet, but I do think that a few people from there are thinking those things...that's why I posted it.

keep_it_real
11-24-2003, 10:57 PM
Burnet is going to win this game big. Yes, I think that the location is a disadvantage because of the trip and maybe even the climate change. No excuses though...... Burnet will still win this game by a large margin, maybe wouldve been by more in another location but they still win by atleast 28.

Specklebelly
11-24-2003, 11:27 PM
Burnet, you have by far the best team in 3A football and by far the biggest bunch of crybaby fans I have ever seen. Listen to yourselves. You are going to beat Sinton like a drum and advance to the state semis and all you're worried about is how much gas you are going to burn doing it. You are driving much further than Sinton to play. So what, it was their stadium choice. Houston area teams make regular trips to Texas Stadium to play Dallas area teams and Dallas teams come to the Astrodome without crying about it. Its part of winning the stadium choice. You are a central Texas town so apparently you think everyone should come to you. If you dont want to go watch your team win, which you will do in a HUGE way, stay home and hopefully next weeks game will be in a more accommodating location.