PDA

View Full Version : Eating out in Austin

Antec
11-11-2007, 06:17 PM
Even with going to the game spending time from 1-7 at stadium- we still found time to eat out at these 3 places

Catfish Parlour- Ben White

Hoffbrau Steak =6th Street

Magnolia -on South Congress- Great Breakfast

Too bad we didn't have time to eat a BBQ place

Gobbla2001
11-11-2007, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Antec

we used to eat at the other one a lot... or are there more than two now?

ASUFrisbeeStud
11-11-2007, 06:50 PM
Go to PF Changs

striker
11-11-2007, 06:52 PM
PF Chang's is always good....Best Chinese food I've ever had.

DeeStroyer71
11-11-2007, 07:00 PM
LaMargarita in Round Rock is great. I will second the motion on Magnolia. Very good stuff.

bccards
11-11-2007, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Antec
Even with going to the game spending time from 1-7 at stadium- we still found time to eat out at these 3 places

Catfish Parlour- Ben White

Hoffbrau Steak =6th Street

Too bad we didn't have time to eat a BBQ place

Rudy's & Salt Lick BBQ would have been your best bet for Q.

Old Tiger
11-11-2007, 08:19 PM
Baby A's is always good.

Gobbla2001
11-11-2007, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Baby A's is always good.

used to eat there a lot too... had one kinda near our apartment, was on riverside, but we always went to the big one...

ate at Rudy's every now and then, the one on 360 in the hills...

also did the "buy a drink get the chips/salsa/cheese-dip/taco meet free" deal at Chuy's a few times...

Gobbla2001
11-11-2007, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
taco meet free"

I spelled meat wrong... I'm such a loser...

Old Tiger
11-11-2007, 08:22 PM
used to eat there a lot too... had one kinda near our apartment, was on riverside, but we always went to the big one...

ate at Rudy's every now and then, the one on 360 in the hills...

also did the "buy a drink get the chips/salsa/cheese-dip/taco meet free" deal at Chuy's a few times... the one on riverside is horrible.

What apartments did you live at there?

Gobbla2001
11-11-2007, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
the one on riverside is horrible.

What apartments did you live at there?

Mission Hills off of Oltorf...

Pmoney
11-11-2007, 08:35 PM
I cant remember the name of the place but its in the capitol building area(i remember seeing in the phone book that there are many diff. stores of this restaurant), but dont get the pancakes there, they are sooo sweet its like getting sugar, syrup, candy, and honey thrown in your mouth at the same time...its gross lol

rockdale80
11-11-2007, 08:40 PM
Baby A's-not good
Chuy's-not good
Salt Lick-amazing

Gobbla2001
11-11-2007, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Baby A's-not good
Chuy's-not good
Salt Lick-amazing

Baby A's is awesome... Chuy's food isn't very good, just their chips, dip, cheese and taco meat mixed all together...

rockdale80
11-11-2007, 08:44 PM
Baby A's is awesome... Chuy's food isn't very good, just their chips, dip, cheese and taco meat mixed all together...

I have only been to the one in RR, and both times it was just mediocre. I like very authentic places though. Most mainstream places just fail to me. I like places where you order in spanish because the waitress doesnt speak english.

Gobbla2001
11-11-2007, 08:46 PM
I have only been to the one in RR, and both times it was just mediocre. I like very authentic places though. Most mainstream places just fail to me. I like places where you order in spanish because the waitress doesnt speak english.

speaking of authentic, I forget what the name of the place is, but it's near downtown in Austin... Italian, seemed pretty authentic to me... was verrrrry good...

having worked around illegal aliens for almost four years now, sometimes I'll go to their breakroom and chow down on some of their grub... I've NEVER found anything like it, even at "so-called" authentics... Baby's A's is pretty close if you ask me... most places are (Chuy's sure as hell isn't, though) simple stuff... they're not too complicated...

rockdale80
11-11-2007, 08:49 PM
speaking of authentic, I forget what the name of the place is, but it's near downtown in Austin... Italian, seemed pretty authentic to me... was verrrrry good...

having worked around illegal aliens for almost four years now, sometimes I'll go to their breakroom and chow down on some of their grub... I've NEVER found anything like it, even at "so-called" authentics... Baby's A's is pretty close if you ask me... most places are (Chuy's sure as hell isn't, though) simple stuff... they're not too complicated...

Yeah. The one if RR must just suck then. May give it another chance, but at a different location.

Gobbla2001
11-11-2007, 08:52 PM
Yeah. The one if RR must just suck then. May give it another chance, but at a different location.

well it's probably the same... it's not authentic, but like I said, having tried some places labeled "authentic" they're really not any more authentic then places like Baby A's...
them illegals out at work (and the ones who are finally citizens) can thrown down on some food, never had anything like it...

rockdale80
11-11-2007, 08:53 PM
well it's probably the same... it's not authentic, but like I said, having tried some places labeled "authentic" they're really not any more authentic then places like Baby A's...
them illegals out at work (and the ones who are finally citizens) can thrown down on some food, never had anything like it...

The guys that worked in the kitchens of restaurants I worked at would always make me stuff. Some of that stuff was simply amazing.

Gobbla2001
11-11-2007, 08:57 PM
The guys that worked in the kitchens of restaurants I worked at would always make me stuff. Some of that stuff was simply amazing.

I know, the thing is some of it is pretty simple, but you just never think of doing things that way...

I did find out I can't eat their stuff two days in a row, though... stuff will tear a hole in your stomache, man...

dunno if anyone else does this, but here's something I've noticed they do...

Miracle Whip spread on Corn on the Cob... they asked if I wanted some one day and I thought it was butter, so I took a piece and was like "whoa"...

maybe regular U.S. Americans do it as well, but it's the first time I had heard of it... not too bad...

JJ7997
11-11-2007, 08:58 PM
The Waterloo Icehouse is real good.

rockdale80
11-11-2007, 08:59 PM
I know, the thing is some of it is pretty simple, but you just never think of doing things that way...

I did find out I can't eat their stuff two days in a row, though... stuff will tear a hole in your stomache, man...

dunno if anyone else does this, but here's something I've noticed they do...

Miracle Whip spread on Corn on the Cob... they asked if I wanted some one day and I thought it was butter, so I took a piece and was like "whoa"...

maybe regular U.S. Americans do it as well, but it's the first time I had heard of it... not too bad...

Mostly what I like is how they use vegetables in different ways to accompany different meats. It was pretty cool to learn how they cook at their homes.

Gobbla2001
11-11-2007, 09:01 PM
Mostly what I like is how they use vegetables in different ways to accompany different meats. It was pretty cool to learn how they cook at their homes.

I will not eat some of their breakfast tacos, though... just depends who makes 'em...

also I had a fried burrito from a guy out there, he put cheese and left over roast beef in it and fried it... never had that, damn good... dunno if them fryin' burritos is authentic, though, but it was good...

rockdale80
11-11-2007, 09:02 PM
I will not eat some of their breakfast tacos, though... just depends who makes 'em...

also I had a fried burrito from a guy out there, he put cheese and left over roast beef in it and fried it... never had that, damn good... dunno if them fryin' burritos is authentic, though, but it was good...

Yeah....chimichanga.

Gobbla2001
11-11-2007, 09:02 PM
and I like the way they use vegetables too...

one wants to marry me, so she can be a citizen in a couple of years... but her dad kinda scares me so I won't... but the cookin' almost had me :D