PDA

View Full Version : Region IV Bi-District GotW: Ingleside Mustangs(9-1) vs Gonzales Apaches(8-2)

IHS Fan
11-11-2007, 01:39 AM
Who do you think takes it? Gonzales is better than people thought at the first of the season and Ingleside is not as good as some thought.
Either way, I have to take Ingleside.

IHStangFan
11-11-2007, 01:44 AM
I think Gonzales will give Ingleside all they want. I'm gonna have to make the homer pick though and take Ingleside.....but...I really think it could go either way. This ought to be a pretty good game.

CueroDad2006
11-11-2007, 09:28 AM
I said weeks ago that Gonzales would win this matchup.

Darren
11-11-2007, 09:36 AM
Gonzales

gobbler grad
11-11-2007, 10:03 AM
Not having see Ingleside play this year, I'm not at all sure of what they have...it could go either way, but i'm picking the Apaches because if the Mustangs don't have a good secondary, then Bird will pick them apart...they have 2 great receivers that hardly drop anything and if they break open, I don't think anyone is gonna catch them...not much on the running game unless Bird keeps the ball and he is also pretty fast too...would love to see this game , but I will be in Bobcat country watching the Gobblers...

Gonzales by 10 points...they have a good fieldgoal kicker too...:thinking:
Good luck to both teams...one of you should make some noise in D1...:clap:

R4Editor
11-11-2007, 04:37 PM
My pick is Ingleside wins 37-34.

Discuss who wins and why.

IHStangFan
11-11-2007, 04:44 PM
I think Gonzales is gonna give Ingleside all they can handle. Should be a GREAT matchup. Being a homer though..I'll take Ingleside 31-28.

pirate4state
11-11-2007, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I think Gonzales is gonna give Ingleside all they can handle. Should be a GREAT matchup. Being a homer though..I'll take Ingleside 31-28.

I can get on board with this prediction! :D

State_In_08
11-11-2007, 06:29 PM
Can someone give me some info on these two teams? I don't know much about either one.

bigcat8
11-11-2007, 07:20 PM
Gonzales by 7...it is gonna be entertaining to watch.....

44INAROW
11-11-2007, 07:24 PM
I gotta go with the Apaches - by 10.. Go Apaches :p

Old Green
11-11-2007, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I gotta go with the Apaches - by 10.. Go Apaches :p What she said

Ingleside Fan
11-11-2007, 08:16 PM
I will go with a repeat of last year 31-22. Mustangs Win! :devil:

Gobbler Fan
11-11-2007, 08:59 PM
These Apaches are better than last year ....Apaches by 14

IHStangFan
11-11-2007, 09:13 PM
Here's about all I could find on Ingleside:

First downs: 136
Total Off. Yds: 3109
Off. Yds per play: 6.67
Rushing Yds: 1702
Passing Yds: 1407
TDs: 37 Opponents: 18

SintonFan_inAustin
11-11-2007, 09:17 PM
Ingleside secondary gave up some yards to Sinton, but not sure if they went into this game that motivated and Sinton has moved the ball on teams since the Beeville game just not able to put points. Offensively Mustangs look as if they can score just like last years team. For some reason didnt do it as much as last year. The winner of this game has a good chance of representing region 4 in the state semifinals.

gobbler grad
11-11-2007, 09:18 PM
Like I said in an earlier thread, if the Mustangs secondary is weak, the QB (Bird) #14 will pick you apart...the Apaches have 2 receivers that are out of this world...#10 (Bozka) and #12 (Burton) both are very fast in the open field...:thinking:
whoever wins should go fairly deep in the playoffs as long as everyone stays healthy...

I'll pick the Apaches by 10 cause they got a good fieldgoal kicker too... :thinking:

SintonFan_inAustin
11-11-2007, 09:27 PM
Mustang kicker made a 35 FG with a some room to spare, i think they have a kicker also if needed. Last Week, Sinton passed for 280 yds and 376 yds of offense but Ingleside defense stiffen up once Sinton would get close to scoring. Bend but dont break defense.

duke55
11-11-2007, 09:28 PM
Gonzales in a close one

big daddy russ
11-11-2007, 10:04 PM
I'm rooting for my boys down in Ingleside, but I'm not about to pick the favorite. I think this one's too close to call, as evidenced by the poll numbers.

Seems like all the 29-3A posters are picking Gonzales and the 30-3A posters are picking Ingleside. I hope I can make it.

sotxrat
11-11-2007, 10:53 PM
Got to go with Ingleside to support our district............... but would not be surprised if gonzales takes it. Good luck to both teams.

buff4ever
11-11-2007, 11:45 PM
mustangs take this one, apaches are not out of the gutter they have been in for several years quite yet, this game will remind them of that.:D

gtown
11-12-2007, 09:32 AM
Someone mention that Ingleside's secondary let up on a game, this is where the Apaches are strong. The Apaches win by 10!!!!

Corn Cob
11-12-2007, 01:44 PM
Gonzales wins and starts their march toward the Semi-Finals!

Ingleside - way overrated!

Gonzales - way underrated!

Region IV Division I - very weak!

scott Wilson
11-12-2007, 04:31 PM
I`d have to say IHS does have a good secondary. They have good speed at tailback, good QB, good D-line. With that said, I sure don`t see as high powered an offense as I did last year. If Gonzales can play ball control, they can win. Ingleside can score quickly, they just don`t seem to grind it out in long drives. Should be a good matchup. My vote is for........................Ingleside by a TD

29-3aFAN
11-12-2007, 11:10 PM
Gonzales is the stronger team but seems to choke in most playoff games. Hoping for Guntown to come away with the V.

IHStangFan
11-12-2007, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Corn Cob

Region IV Division I - very weak! I think they are probably pretty evenly matched...but neither deserves a top 10 spot. I think Ingleside is probably top 25 worthy...but top 10 is iffy.

bigcat8
11-13-2007, 09:27 AM
how do they choke? were they picked to win the last 2 playoff games they played??
Originally posted by 29-3aFAN
Gonzales is the stronger team but seems to choke in most playoff games. Hoping for Guntown to come away with the V.

Lombardi
11-13-2007, 10:07 AM
The Apaches by 9....

JT44
11-13-2007, 01:28 PM
Gonzales had two weeks to prepare, they win by 2.

big daddy russ
11-13-2007, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by bigcat8
how do they choke? were they picked to win the last 2 playoff games they played??
Whoever wins this game, I don't expect them to 'choke' until at least the Quarterfinals.

99IHSMustang
11-13-2007, 01:55 PM
Ingleside is going to need to play a full 4 quarters to win this game. They really haven't done that in the last couple of games. I am rooting for the Mustangs to win and think this will be one of their biggest challenges since losing to Port Lavaca. It should still be a good close game though in my opinion.

99IHSMustang
11-13-2007, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Corn Cob

Region IV Division I - very weak!

I don't care much for ratings so either way you look at it those get thrown out the door when teams hit the playoffs. As we have seen the last couple of years, some very good teams have been defeated in the first and second rounds. I think both of these teams are good and it should be a good matchup.

KingRob
11-13-2007, 06:13 PM
I'm going with the Apaches. I think Bird will be too much for the Mustangs. Should be a goodern!

29-3aFAN
11-13-2007, 11:43 PM
Will Gonzales be home or visitor?

99IHSMustang
11-14-2007, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by 29-3aFAN
Will Gonzales be home or visitor?

Since it is in Victoria I would think that Gonzales is the home team.

buff4ever
11-14-2007, 10:02 AM
Ingleside still!:)

bigstew43
11-14-2007, 10:06 AM
This is going to be a very interesting game, since both teams run virtually the same offense. Ingleside has a very good offense, good line, good QB and good receivers. Ingleside does have big play capability too; they can be effective throwing the long ball. But I think the key to this game will be Ingleside’s ability to grind it out on the ground and using short quick passes. They were very effective in the 2nd half against West Oso, they are very good in running a power game out of the spread. Will Gonzales be able to stop them? If they can put together some long time consuming drives I think they can wear down Gonzales, plus they will keep the Gonzales offense off the field. The Ingleside defense is not great but has the ability to make key stops and to create turnovers. Over the last 2 seasons they tend to give up a lot of yards between the 20’s, but not give up many TD’s. I’m looking for a close exciting game with Ingleside winning it very late with a long FG, 30-28.

gtown
11-14-2007, 02:26 PM
Have you seen Gonzales play? The QB is considered more than "good". So are the receivers. The Apaches also have more than a "good" defense. Ingleside won't be able to hang. Apaches by 10.

big daddy russ
11-14-2007, 02:54 PM
Anyone know if Josh has any firm offers? Last I heard, his mom said that a few Ivy League schools had requested his transcripts and he was being looked at by a couple of DI programs, but that he's had his heart set on A&M since he was a kid. Haven't heard anything lately, though. Any updates?

big daddy russ
11-14-2007, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by gtown
Have you seen Gonzales play?
No. Have you seen Ingleside play?

Ingleside Fan
11-14-2007, 03:10 PM
Have you seen Gonzales play? The QB is considered more than "good". So are the receivers. The Apaches also have more than a "good" defense. Ingleside won't be able to hang. Apaches by 10.

I guess I will let the boys know just to stay at home. Since Gonzales is going to win anyway. :rolleyes:

bigstew43
11-14-2007, 03:56 PM
I have a questions for the Gonzales supporters. Was the QB a junior last year and if he was did he play against Ingleside?

Who-dun-it!!?
11-14-2007, 05:04 PM
Ingleside by 7

gtown
11-14-2007, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by bigstew43
I have a questions for the Gonzales supporters. Was the QB a junior last year and if he was did he play against Ingleside?

Yes he did. He also played against Lockhart, Luling, La Grange, LaVernia, Cuero and all the other teams that we have played two years in a row. Cuero would be the first to tell you that he is greatly improved from last year. We lost almost all of our preseason games last year and won almost all of them this year. This is a different Apache team altogether. Experience has done alot for them.

pirate4state
11-14-2007, 05:21 PM
Great thread!! :clap:

Heck, it makes me really want to drive up to Victoria and watch it all unfold!! :D

This might could be a barn burner!!

44INAROW
11-14-2007, 05:22 PM
I haven't seen Ingleside, so I can't comment on whether they are more improved this year - but the Apaches are greatly improved! The QB and and the WR's are muchly improved over last year. Should be a good ballgame!

Go Apaches

gtown
Originally posted by Ingleside Fan
I guess I will let the boys know just to stay at home. Since Gonzales is going to win anyway. :rolleyes:
Why is it that Ingleside can make a prediction but when someone from Gonzales pulls for their team and shows some confidence Ingleside fans get defensive? Why is that?
:confused:

R4Editor
I have a questions for the Gonzales supporters. Was the QB a junior last year and if he was did he play against Ingleside? Yes, he had a good game passing going 15-24 for 220 yards but no TDs and threw 3 interceptions. But that was a younger Bird and has much more awareness of the field as he has thrown for 2312, 27 tds and 11 int. He will get his yards in this game, but must avoid the turnovers that Ingleside seems to force the other team into. Both teams offenses will play good and could come down to the team with ball last that wins.

pirate4state
11-14-2007, 05:24 PM
Why is it that Ingleside can make a prediction but when someone from Gonzales pulls for their team and shows some confidence Ingleside fans get defensive? Why is that?
:confused: That's just how the DL turns. Welcome aboard the crazy train! :D

Ingleside Fan
11-14-2007, 05:30 PM
:confused:

You haven't seen defensive yet! Get the Bi-district losing chip off your shoulder!:D

gtown
11-14-2007, 05:42 PM
You haven't seen defensive yet! Get the Bi-district losing chip off your shoulder!:D

Better watch out. We do plan on losing that chip and passing it to Ingleside.

JT44
11-14-2007, 06:57 PM
if the ingleside db's can stay with the wr's of gonzales they may force bird into throwing some int's. that's what happened against cuero.

bird definitely has a limit as to how far he can throw the ball to a running receiver. all 3 of his picks were jumpballs where he couldn't hit the receiver in stride. he did the same against yoakum

the wr's for gonzales are good at breaking the short routes into big gains.

Lombardi
11-14-2007, 07:45 PM
editor...you are wrong... He through two tds vs Ingleside last year...
Originally posted by R4Editor
Yes, he had a good game passing going 15-24 for 220 yards but no TDs and threw 3 interceptions. But that was a younger Bird and has much more awareness of the field as he has thrown for 2312, 27 tds and 11 int. He will get his yards in this game, but must avoid the turnovers that Ingleside seems to force the other team into. Both teams offenses will play good and could come down to the team with ball last that wins.

R4Editor
11-14-2007, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Lombardi
editor...you are wrong... He through two tds vs Ingleside last year... Tks for pointing it out, stats didnt show him with a TD but the scoring summary shows him throwing one for 41 yds and another one for 5 yds.

scott Wilson
11-15-2007, 03:12 PM
I haven`t seen Gonzales play either, but after hearing and watching the fact that Ingleside gives up lots of yards between the 20`s .........well, eventually someone will get into the red zone. Your D HAS to get their O off the field, and with some two way players, if IHS`s D stays on the field in between the 20`s alot, well, I may switch my pick. I`d like to stay with a team from our District, but after looking at a recap, IHS did win, but they didn`t dominate like last year. Hopefully they can pull one out. The have an outstanding linebacker and a HUGE D-Lineman (6`7" or so) that could wreak havoc on a QB in the pocket. So, the question begs "Can the Gonzales QB operate under pressure and can he run when he has too?"

Lombardi
11-16-2007, 01:04 AM
heard the 6'7" player was dismissed from the team before the sinton game...

IHStangFan
11-16-2007, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by Lombardi
heard the 6'7" player was dismissed from the team before the sinton game... ?? hadn't heard that, but not living down that way these days. Wonder what happened?

Ingleside Fan
11-16-2007, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
?? hadn't heard that, but not living down that way these days. Wonder what happened?

couple guys were dismissed before the Sinton game for misconduct.

bigstew43
11-16-2007, 09:25 AM
Ingleside has had some players dismissed from the team due to extra-curricular activities. One receiver and a D lineman. A starting CB is out due to injury. I don’t think it is that crucial, but it does affect their depth. If one of the teams plays a good game and the other plays poorly, (penalties, turnovers) it will be obvious that the team playing good will win. My question is what if both teams play poorly or if both teams play equally well…who wins?

pirate4state
11-16-2007, 10:06 AM
Who all is going and do ya'll want to do a M&G? I know most of the Ingleside posters, but some of the new Gonzales posters I've never met.

So, if you are interested we could meet at either end zone at half time.

Let me know.

Old Green
11-16-2007, 10:40 AM
Ingleside has had some players dismissed from the team due to extra-curricular activities. One receiver and a D lineman. A starting CB is out due to injury. I don’t think it is that crucial, but it does affect their depth. If one of the teams plays a good game and the other plays poorly, (penalties, turnovers) it will be obvious that the team playing good will win. My question is what if both teams play poorly or if both teams play equally well…who wins? If both teams play up to their potential, then this could be a high scoring game in the 45 to 49 point range.

pirate4state
11-16-2007, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Old Green
If both teams play up to their potential, then this could be a high scoring game in the 45 to 49 point range.

I don't think Ingleside, this year, is that explosive. In looking at their scores their highest was 51 against Falfurrias this year and then against us at 38. I guess anything is possible, but if Gonzales has a solid defense then I doubt either team will score that many points. Ingleside's "D" is their strong suit this year. I'm thinking more along the lines of 33-28 or 35-28, toss up.

99IHSMustang
11-16-2007, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Who all is going and do ya'll want to do a M&G? I know most of the Ingleside posters, but some of the new Gonzales posters I've never met.

Let me know.

As of now I still plan on going and maybe this time I won't feel so lazy and can meet you all at the half :D

big daddy russ
11-16-2007, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
As of now I still plan on going and maybe this time I won't feel so lazy and can meet you all at the half :D
Izzy, plans just changed. Those tickets fell through, so it looks like Amanda, my brother, and I will be headed down to the game. I'll give you a call when we get on the road.

99IHSMustang
11-16-2007, 11:38 AM
I don't think Ingleside, this year, is that explosive. In looking at their scores their highest was 51 against Falfurrias this year and then against us at 38. I guess anything is possible, but if Gonzales has a solid defense then I doubt either team will score that many points. Ingleside's "D" is their strong suit this year. I'm thinking more along the lines of 33-28 or 35-28, toss up.

P4S, I agree with you in that we are not as explosive. I think the game will be in the 28-35 point range for either team maybe less. The only team to have scored more than 21 points on us was Port Lavaca and well we lost that game. Our defense has given up some yards, but have stepped it up when necessary. It should be a good close game.

99IHSMustang
11-16-2007, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Izzy, plans just changed. Those tickets fell through, so it looks like Amanda, my brother, and I will be headed down to the game. I'll give you a call when we get on the road.

Sounds good man! We definitely need to get together at the game.

Ingleside Fan
11-16-2007, 12:08 PM

Let me know.

I'm in! Txt me and let me know were.

:D

pirate4state
11-16-2007, 12:13 PM
I'm in! Txt me and let me know were.

:D

:thumbsup: you got it!

Originally posted by 99IHStangFan

Good! Russ & Amanda being there might prode you to come down! :p

Ingleside Fan
11-16-2007, 02:54 PM
5 hours and 37 minutes to game time!!

Go Big Blue!!:clap: :clap:

AP Panther Fan
11-16-2007, 07:51 PM
Gooooo Mustangs!:clap: :clap: :clap:

I am hoping we don't need more...
cowbell!:)

R4Editor
11-16-2007, 08:26 PM
hope somebody gets updates, didnt make the game. If Mathis-Cuero game gets interesting i am only 25 mins away

AP Panther Fan
11-16-2007, 09:32 PM
I am thinking we definitely need more cowbell!

AP Panther Fan
11-16-2007, 10:20 PM
21-7 Gonzales at half.....

Gonzales kicking off to Ingleside...

R4Editor
11-16-2007, 10:22 PM
Ingleside will need to get within a TD asap to make it a game with time to catch up

AP Panther Fan
11-16-2007, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by R4Editor
Ingleside will need to get within a TD asap to make it a game with time to catch up

Just doesn't seem to be happening.

Old Green
11-16-2007, 11:56 PM
Congrats to the Apaches on your win:clap: :clap: :clap:

R4Editor
11-17-2007, 12:07 AM
Congrats Gonzales :) , good luck next week

piratebg
11-17-2007, 12:21 AM
I had the this feeling Gonzales was gonna win, but I didn't expect it to be by this much. Good luck in the next round Apaches.

Mustangs, you guys had a good year. Keep your heads high.

R4Editor
11-17-2007, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
I had the this feeling Gonzales was gonna win, but I didn't expect it to be by this much. Good luck in the next round Apaches.

Mustangs, you guys had a good year. Keep your heads high. :mad: you should had told me before i picked Ingleside to win in a shootout :)

gobbler grad
11-17-2007, 12:45 AM
Congrats Apaches...knew you could come through with a whoopin'...:D ought to have some stats from this game...Good luck next week with Hildalgo and give em' hell...:thumbsup:

Gobbler Fan
11-17-2007, 12:48 AM
29-3a ;)

44INAROW
11-17-2007, 12:56 AM
Congrats to the Apaches :clap: :clap: :clap: Good luck next week :)
ps let's hope the Sharks take care of business tomorrow night and make 293A 3-0

99IHSMustang
11-17-2007, 01:16 PM
I would like to congratulate the Gonzales Apaches. They played lights out. Their QB, Bird, was one heck of an athlete. Heck, their entire team offensively and defensively looked solid. I hope they do well the rest of the way in the playoffs.

Ingleside still had a good season and it ended shorter than expected, but they have nothing to be ashamed about. I look forward to seeing what Ingleside has in store next year.

big daddy russ
11-17-2007, 01:33 PM
What can I say that everyone from Gonzales doesn't already know? Hell of a team. It's hard enough slowing down Bird, but when you throw #12 into the mix, it's dang near impossible. We put our best DB on that kid, who probably had about four inches on him, and we still couldn't stop him.

I'd also like to apologize for the way some of our kids acted last night. I know that tempers can flare in the middle of a game, but I was embarrassed as a fan and an alum.

Good luck through the rest of the playoffs, Apaches. Don't know if you'll need it, but I'll be pulling for you from here on out.

maroonpirate04
11-17-2007, 01:48 PM
Congrats Apaches:clap: You finally broke the Bi-District curse Good luck in the next round, This could be your year!!:)

pirate4state
11-17-2007, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
What can I say that everyone from Gonzales doesn't already know? Hell of a team. It's hard enough slowing down Bird, but when you throw #12 into the mix, it's dang near impossible. We put our best DB on that kid, who probably had about four inches on him, and we still couldn't stop him.

I'd also like to apologize for the way some of our kids acted last night. I know that tempers can flare in the middle of a game, but I was embarrassed as a fan and an alum.

Good luck through the rest of the playoffs, Apaches. Don't know if you'll need it, but I'll be pulling for you from here on out.

It's unforunate that these things happen. It was good to see you guys last night. Sorry, I had to leave early.

Congrats to the Apaches on an impressive win!! :clap:

pirate4state
11-17-2007, 05:16 PM
I forgot to mention that I REALLY enjoyed the Gonzales band half-time show!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I usually don't pay too much attention to the bands :o, but last night I stuck around and watched and was pleasantly surprised!!! :)

They had a tribute to our Armed Forces - it was AWESOME!!! Good job!! :clap: :clap:

OldStang
11-17-2007, 09:14 PM
Congrats to Gonzales they got after it last night and have a very good team good luck the rest of the way. i would expect for them to take on Liberty Hill in the State Semis. I would also like to congratulate the Mustangs on there great year and a district championship, they had to over come a lot of adversity this year and Iam very proud of those young men

gtown
11-17-2007, 10:53 PM
Thanks for all of your congrats posts. Congratulations Ingleside on a great season. Great job Apaches!!!! Keep it up!!!