PDA

View Full Version : DI Region I Bi-District GOTW: Burkburnett (7-3) vs. Canyon (9-1)

R1Editor
11-11-2007, 04:10 PM
Who do you got, and why?

Cameron Crazy
11-11-2007, 04:49 PM
This is how I see it.

When Graham played Burk, there secondary was terrible, leaving the recievers wide open in the middle of the field.

Canyon is known for passing and they will throw the ball more than 95 percent of the time, therefore you have to be able to stop the pass.

I have Canyon winning due to Burks not so good secondary.

Snydertigersrul
11-11-2007, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by R1Editor
Who do you got, and why?

Canyon's passing game will prove too much for Burkburnett and the Eagles advance to the next round. By the way, nice to hear from you again KTA

Chunkthepill
11-11-2007, 08:04 PM
burk is 7-3, who are there losses to?

slingshot
11-11-2007, 08:07 PM
If Burk's secondary is truly weak... Canyon will exploit them... trust me--we see them every year :rolleyes: (bounced us out of the playoffs with an aerial display last year). However, if Burk can get their vaunted running attack going and chew up the clock it could be trouble for the Eagles. My pick? Canyon by 14 and we get to see them again in the second round this year.

VWG
11-11-2007, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Chunkthepill
burk is 7-3, who are there losses to?

2 losses in district. Vernon 21-13, Graham 27-19.
One loss in pre-district to WF High, 4A. 21-17
Note- Burk has seen some spread teams. WF High runs the spread and throws it more than anybody in the NTX area.
Coach Pride at Old High used to be coach at Southlake Carroll.
Burk has some good wins under their belt as they beat Clyde, TC Addison, Springtown (4A playoff team and a spread team), and Decatur.

VWG
11-11-2007, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by slingshot
If Burk's secondary is truly weak... Canyon will exploit them... trust me--we see them every year :rolleyes: (bounced us out of the playoffs with an aerial display last year). However, if Burk can get their vaunted running attack going and chew up the clock it could be trouble for the Eagles. My pick? Canyon by 14 and we get to see them again in the second round this year.

Hmmmm, guess Decatur shouldn't even show up this Friday night.

duke55
11-11-2007, 09:17 PM
canyon i dont kno why..but it'll be canyon

slingshot
11-11-2007, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Hmmmm, guess Decatur shouldn't even show up this Friday night. Didn't mean that at all... scouting report on them is this: they are a typical Decatur team--GOOD CLUB!Spread offense, throw it a lot, soph QB is really coming along. They have had several key injuries and are getting some of them back for the playoffs. Should have a huge chip on their shoulder and blood in their eyes--we knocked them out of the playoffs in '04 and '06... I think it will be a very tough game--just think we will come out on top!

buff4ever
11-11-2007, 11:47 PM
I take canyon, but this is only b/c in my head I imagine they are A LOT bigger up front.

PurplePride2006
11-12-2007, 12:31 AM
If Canyon can stop the Burk running game this one won't be pretty, Canyon offense too strong for the Bulldogs.

EaglePop
11-12-2007, 10:05 PM
This is the best time of the year and our boys love to step it up a notch.

It will be fun. ... Canyon by 10.

sweetwater07
11-13-2007, 12:50 AM
Canyon is on a roll and its gonna take more than Burk to stop them

KTA
11-13-2007, 01:48 AM
Burk offense vs Canyon's defense....Canyon stopped Snyders offense so im giving the advantage to Canyon

Burks defense vs Canyon's offense....Burk couldnt stop Graham's passing attack, much less a team who throws it almost every down....ill take Canyon in this department as well.

Burk does have a GOOD kicker, so that could come into play...with that being said ill take Canyon in a close one but I hope Burk can pull off the Victory

Black_Magic
11-13-2007, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by KTA
Burk offense vs Canyon's defense....Canyon stopped Snyders offense so im giving the advantage to Canyon

Burks defense vs Canyon's offense....Burk couldnt stop Graham's passing attack, much less a team who throws it almost every down....ill take Canyon in this department as well.

Burk does have a GOOD kicker, so that could come into play...with that being said ill take Canyon in a close one but I hope Burk can pull off the Victory Burk Rolls in this one. Burk by 7

PurplePride2006
11-13-2007, 10:49 AM
If Canyon can run the ball effectively, then it won't be a game. Canyon defense needs to step up and play the run like they did against Snyder.

wtxfootball08
11-13-2007, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by PurplePride2006
If Canyon can stop the Burk running game this one won't be pretty, Canyon offense too strong for the Bulldogs.

Haha I wouldn't be so cocky...
Burk is a tough running team--Dont think yall's D is tougher than the rest of region 1 teams that burk has played...

Burk by 14

eagles72
11-13-2007, 03:29 PM
Don't think they were being cocky, I think they were being truthful. Canyon by 14

Darrell Henson
11-13-2007, 10:42 PM
Canyon by 21 ...shame on burk for having a weak secondary!!

EaglePop
11-13-2007, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Darrell Henson

You must not be from Canyon as Canyon will NOT look down on any opponent! We wont fear them but we will RESPECT them.

PurplePride2006
11-14-2007, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by wtxfootball08
Haha I wouldn't be so cocky...
Burk is a tough running team--Dont think yall's D is tougher than the rest of region 1 teams that burk has played...

Burk by 14

I Wasn't Trying To Be Cocky, I Was Just Saying That The Canyon Offense Can Score Points, And That If Our Defense Plays Like We Did Against Snyder, Who Has A Fantastic Running Game, Then We Should Win

Canyon 35, Burk 14

Who-dun-it!!?
11-14-2007, 05:01 PM
Canyon will win this one.

Canyon by 14

Rattlesnake_08
11-14-2007, 09:56 PM
Canyon 21 Burkburnett 7

ggenderfield
11-15-2007, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by EaglePop
You must not be from Canyon as Canyon will NOT look down on any opponent! We wont fear them but we will RESPECT them.

Did he look down on someone or did he make a prediction and give reason for that prediction as the moderator asked for. It sounds like to me that you sat in one too many character counts circles at Canyon High.
Get a clue grandpa!
:confused:

EaglePop
11-15-2007, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by ggenderfield
Did he look down on someone or did he make a prediction and give reason for that prediction as the moderator asked for. It sounds like to me that you sat in one too many character counts circles at Canyon High.
Get a clue grandpa!
:confused:
I don't believe the mod asked anyone to shame an opponent.

By the way great first post - youngster!

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-16-2007, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Burk Rolls in this one. Burk by 7

yeah man, look at the score now

VERNONLION#1
11-16-2007, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Darrell Henson
LMAO:D