PDA

View Full Version : best lines from sports movies

nobogey72
11-11-2007, 10:26 AM
Let's hear some best lines from sports movies. Mine is from "For Love of the Game"------ When that girl asked Kevin Costner if he would still love her if she lost both arms and legs and was brain dead ........ and he said "No, but we could still be friends."

Old Tiger
11-11-2007, 10:28 AM
I like the speech fromm Any Given Sunday.

TheDOCTORdre
11-11-2007, 10:43 AM
Michael Squints Palledorous walked a little taller that day. And we had to tip our hats to him. He was lucky she hadn't beat the CRAP out of him. We wouldn't have blamed her. What he'd done was sneaky, rotten, and low... and cool. Not another one among us would have ever in a million years even for a million dollars have the guts to put the moves on the lifeguard. He did. He had kissed a woman. And he had kissed her long and good. We got banned from the pool forever that day. But every time we walked by after that, the lifeguard looked down from her tower, right over at Squints, and smiled.

-The Sandlot

GreenMonster
11-11-2007, 11:08 AM
"Hit the Bull"- Bull Durham
"You may run like Hayes, but you hit like shhhhh..." - Major League
"There's no crying in baseball!" - A League of Their Own
"You're killing me Smalls!" - The Sandlot
"The OOOPTY-OOOP? What in the hell is the OOOPTY-OOP? We run the ball son! You've got to be the dumbest smart kid I've ever known!" - Varsity Blues
"I love that dog" "Uhm, Billy Bob, it's a pig." "Yeah"- Varsity Blues

nobogey72
11-11-2007, 11:25 AM
"Please tell me you're not shoplifting the poody"--Jerry McGwire

lion75
11-11-2007, 01:05 PM
Tom Cruise- "We didn't quit, none of us quit. The scoreboard may not show it, but we kicked those guys a-ses up and down that field tonight. We didn't quit. It was a fluke."

Coach- "A Fluke. That pass interference penalty was no fluke. You're just as big a quitter as he is."

Tom Cruise- "Oh, yeah! If you'd have had Rifleman hold on to the ball, we would have won that game. We didn't quit. You quit!!

from "All The Right Moves"

piratebg
11-11-2007, 01:08 PM
I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Shane Falco(Keanu Reeves)- The Replacements

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-11-2007, 01:08 PM
"Pain heals, chick dig scars, and glory lasts forever."
-The Replacements

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-11-2007, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Shane Falco(Keanu Reeves)- The Replacements

I was about two seconds too late. Great minds think alike.

piratebg
11-11-2007, 01:09 PM
:D

ASUFrisbeeStud
11-11-2007, 01:11 PM
Tom Hanks in "A League of Their Own"

Jimmy Dugan: All right, everyone, let's listen up now, listen up. Hey! I don't know what that kid is doing, but get him away from the tape! Stilwell Something important has just happened. I was in the toilet reading my contract, and it turns out, I get a bonus when we get to the World Series. So, let's play hard, let's play smart, use your heads.

eagles_victory
11-11-2007, 01:55 PM
Its not worth playing if you cant win- Mighty Ducks

buff4life
11-11-2007, 01:57 PM
the Little Giants "Give the ball to Johnny? You can't give the ball to Johnny...I'm Johnny."

eagles_victory
11-11-2007, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
the Little Giants "Give the ball to Johnny? You can't give the ball to Johnny...I'm Johnny." misquote misquote

The line is " Pitch to Johnny? You can't pitch to Johnny I'm Johnny.

buff4life
11-11-2007, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
misquote misquote

The line is " Pitch to Johnny? You can't pitch to Johnny I'm Johnny.

my bad...same concept, still hilarious

RedWhiteBlue
11-11-2007, 02:13 PM
Gridiron Gang- "I love to sack the quarterback- I can't believe it is legal"
Longest Yard- "I think I broke his freakin' neck"
Rookie of the Year- "Funky butt-lovin'"
Remember the Titans- "He's getting beat like he stole somethin'"

neck_06
11-11-2007, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Its not worth playing if you cant win- Mighty Ducks

i'm pretty sure the line is "its not worth winning if you can't win BIG!"

CHS_CG
11-11-2007, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Tom Hanks in "A League of Their Own"

Jimmy Dugan: All right, everyone, let's listen up now, listen up. Hey! I don't know what that kid is doing, but get him away from the tape! Stilwell Something important has just happened. I was in the toilet reading my contract, and it turns out, I get a bonus when we get to the World Series. So, let's play hard, let's play smart, use your heads.

"thats the lump 3 ft above your ass right Jimmy"

Varsity Blues- Charlie Tweeder- Good Moonin boys good moonin. I been up since the crack of dawn and I had to @$$ you a question."

ASUFrisbeeStud
11-11-2007, 03:54 PM
"I must break you." Ivan Drago
Rocky IV

ASUFrisbeeStud
11-11-2007, 03:58 PM
"Sex and golf are the two things you can enjoy even if your not good at them." Tin Cup

ASUFrisbeeStud
11-11-2007, 04:09 PM
What an incredible Cinderella story, this unknown comes outta no where to lead the pack, at Augusta. He's on his final hole, he's about 455 yards away -- he's gonna hit about a two-iron I think. Oh he got all of that one! The crowd is standing on its feet here, the normally reserved Augusta crowd -- going wild -- for this young Cinderella, he's come outta no where, he's got about 350 yards left, he's gonna hit about a five-iron, don't you think? He's got a beautiful backswing -- that's -- oh he got all of that one! He's gotta be pleased with that, the crowd is just on its feet here, uh - He's the Cinderella boy, uh - tears in his eyes I guess as he lines up this last shot, he's got about 195 yards left, he's got about a - its looks like he's got about an eight-iron. This crowd has gone deathly silent, the Cinderella story, outta no where, a former groundskeeper now- about to become a Masters champion. It looks like a mirac- it's in the hole!

Carl Spackler in Caddyshack

BobcatBenny
11-11-2007, 04:23 PM
Hands down best line ever! Don't even try to beat this one! :D

"Foosball! It's the devil!"

pirate4state
11-11-2007, 06:15 PM
Remember the Titans

Coach Boone - We will be perfect in every aspect of the game. You drop a pass, you run a mile. You miss a blocking assignment, you run a mile. You fumble the football, and i will break my foot off in your John Brown hind parts and then you will run a mile. Perfection. Let's go to work.

Gobbla2001
11-11-2007, 06:17 PM
"one day back in 1966..... pick up sticks"

"well wake her ass up we gotta win tomorrow"

"pur...." no, not that one

pirate4state
11-11-2007, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
I like the speech fromm Any Given Sunday.

You mean this one?

Tony D'Amato: I don’t know what to say, really. Three minutes to the biggest battle of our professional lives. All comes down to today, and either, we heal as a team, or we're gonna crumble. Inch by inch, play by play. Until we're finished. We're in hell right now, gentlemen. Believe me. And, we can stay here, get the crap kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb outta hell... one inch at a time. Now I can't do it for ya, I'm too old. I look around, I see these young faces and I think, I mean, I've made every wrong choice a middle-aged man can make. I, uh, I've pissed away all my money, believe it or not. I chased off anyone who's ever loved me. And lately, I can't even stand the face I see in the mirror. You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that's... that's... that's a part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losin' stuff. You find out life's this game of inches, so is football. Because in either game - life or football - the margin for error is so small. I mean, one half a step too late or too early and you don't quite make it. One half second too slow, too fast and you don't quite catch it. The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break of the game, every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone else around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when add up all those inches, that's gonna make the freaking difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying! I'll tell you this, in any fight it's the guy whose willing to die whose gonna win that inch. And I know, if I'm gonna have any life anymore it's because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch, because that's what living is, the six inches in front of your face. Now I can't make you do it. You've got to look at the guy next to you, look into his eyes. Now I think ya going to see a guy who will go that inch with you. Your gonna see a guy who will sacrifice himself for this team, because he knows when it comes down to it your gonna do the same for him. That's a team, gentlemen, and either, we heal, now, as a team, or we will die as individuals. That's football guys, that's all it is. Now, what are you gonna do?

:clap: :clap:

Chopblock
11-11-2007, 06:47 PM
Hell B.A. I love needles

North Dallas 40

DeeStroyer71
11-11-2007, 07:12 PM
"Juuuust a bit outside!"
Major League Harry Doyle AKA Bob Bob Uecker

"I love you guys"
Norman Dale Hooisers

This one is not in a movie but its pretty funny.

"He wants Texas back."
-Tommy Lasorda , Dodger manager, asked what terms Mexican-born pitching sensation Fernando Valenzuela might settle for in his upcoming contract negotiations, 1981

nobogey72
11-11-2007, 07:21 PM
"Dentyne" ...... "It was Dentyne"

Hoosiers......When Gene Hackman told the guy that he wanted him to guard his man so close that at the end of the game he wanted to know what kind of gum he was chewing.

Emerson1
11-11-2007, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by DeeStroyer71

"He wants Texas back."
-Tommy Lasorda , Dodger manager, asked what terms Mexican-born pitching sensation Fernando Valenzuela might settle for in his upcoming contract negotiations, 1981
These days that would get him fired

nobogey72
11-11-2007, 07:39 PM
I am sooooo glad to nobody has said that fluffy line from Jerry McGuire.... You know the-------"you had me at ........." If anybody had said that one, they should have been permanantly barred from 3ADL.

The Natural--------- "You were right Mimeaux, we have met before"

nobogey72
11-12-2007, 08:47 AM
"Go pick me out a winner, Bobby." Roy Hobbs in The Natural

jason
11-12-2007, 09:54 AM
THERES NO CRYING IN BASEBALL - tom hanks in 'a league of their own'

oldcrow
11-12-2007, 10:15 AM
Forget the curve ball Ricky...give him the heater

Old Tiger
11-12-2007, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
You mean this one?

Tony D'Amato: I don’t know what to say, really. Three minutes to the biggest battle of our professional lives. All comes down to today, and either, we heal as a team, or we're gonna crumble. Inch by inch, play by play. Until we're finished. We're in hell right now, gentlemen. Believe me. And, we can stay here, get the crap kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb outta hell... one inch at a time. Now I can't do it for ya, I'm too old. I look around, I see these young faces and I think, I mean, I've made every wrong choice a middle-aged man can make. I, uh, I've pissed away all my money, believe it or not. I chased off anyone who's ever loved me. And lately, I can't even stand the face I see in the mirror. You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that's... that's... that's a part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losin' stuff. You find out life's this game of inches, so is football. Because in either game - life or football - the margin for error is so small. I mean, one half a step too late or too early and you don't quite make it. One half second too slow, too fast and you don't quite catch it. The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break of the game, every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone else around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when add up all those inches, that's gonna make the freaking difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying! I'll tell you this, in any fight it's the guy whose willing to die whose gonna win that inch. And I know, if I'm gonna have any life anymore it's because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch, because that's what living is, the six inches in front of your face. Now I can't make you do it. You've got to look at the guy next to you, look into his eyes. Now I think ya going to see a guy who will go that inch with you. Your gonna see a guy who will sacrifice himself for this team, because he knows when it comes down to it your gonna do the same for him. That's a team, gentlemen, and either, we heal, now, as a team, or we will die as individuals. That's football guys, that's all it is. Now, what are you gonna do?

:clap: :clap: That be it.

nobogey72
11-12-2007, 10:33 AM
"Haven't given back to the game? Hell, B.A. there's parts of me scattered from Philadelphia to San Francisco." Nick Nolte in North Dallas Forty

coach
11-12-2007, 11:02 AM
there is another link on espn that has the top 100 but it wouldn't work so here is just the top 10.....

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/list/readers/moviequotes/best.html

Adidas410s
11-12-2007, 11:08 AM
Talladega Nights quotes:

Cal Naughton, Jr.: I like to think of Jesus as a mischievous badger.
----------------------------
Cal Naughton, Jr.: I like to picture Jesus as a figure skater. He wears like a white outfit, and He does interpretive ice dances of my life's journey.
Texas Ranger: The teacher asked me what was the capital of North Carolina. I said Washington, D.C.
Cal Naughton, Jr.: Bingo.
Ricky Bobby: Nice.
Texas Ranger: She said "No, you're wrong." I said "You got a lumpy butt." She got mad at me and yelled at me and I pissed in my pants and I never did change my pee-pants all day. I'm still sittin' in my dirty pee-pants.
Cal Naughton, Jr.: I wet my bed until I was nineteen. There's no shame in that.
Walker: Greatest Generation my [butt]. Tom Brokaw's a punk!
Chip: What is wrong with you?
Texas Ranger: Chip, I'm all jacked up on Mountain Dew!

Tiger Turtle
11-12-2007, 11:39 AM
Semi-Tough: "Naw, we don't like playing football all that much. We just like to take showers with {persons of indeterminate ethnic backgrounds}.

lakers
11-12-2007, 12:13 PM
"I'm all jacked up on mountain dew!!! ~Talledega Nights

If you build it, they will come.... ~Field of Dreams

twoheadeddragon
11-12-2007, 01:24 PM
Rudy and the Priest at Notre Dame....

Son, there are two things I've come to know. 1) There is a God and 2) I'm not HIM!

DUKE22
11-12-2007, 01:53 PM
Now boys dont get caught watchin the paint dry.
-Shooter from Hoosiers

Corn Cob
11-12-2007, 02:09 PM
From "Remember the Titans". Coach Bill Yoast: "Leave no doubt"

From "Friday Night Lights". Coach Gary Gaines: "Their ain't going to be no growth spirts between now and the start of the season"

eagles_victory
11-12-2007, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by neck_06
i'm pretty sure the line is "its not worth winning if you can't win BIG!" no no no when they are blowing the ducks out the line is "its not worth winning if you cant win big" and when they're in a close game the line is "its not worth playing if you cant win" ive seen all 3 mighty ducks about 20 times each so i know my mighty duck quotes

crzyjournalist03
11-12-2007, 02:59 PM
"(Expletive) Chuck Norris..." Dodgeball

nobogey72
11-12-2007, 05:39 PM
Carl Spanger (Bill Murry) in Caddy Shack

"I caddied one time for the Dhali Llama, big hitter the Dhali Llama. So we finish 18 and he tries to stiff me. I say hey, how about a little something for the effort? He says "GOONGA, OONGA, ALOONGA" which means on my death bed I will have total consciousness, so at least I got that going for me."

pirate4state
11-12-2007, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Carl Spanger (Bill Murry) in Caddy Shack

"I caddied one time for the Dhali Llama, big hitter the Dhali Llama. So we finish 18 and he tries to stiff me. I say hey, how about a little something for the effort? He says "GOONGA, OONGA, ALOONGA" which means on my death bed I will have total consciousness, so at least I got that going for me."

:clap: hahahaha :D

bigron15
11-12-2007, 07:04 PM
"Ok guys, we are going to run the hook n' ladder."

"is that the play where i run down field and act like i dont know what i am doin?"

"yes billy bob"

Varsity Blues

Bull19
11-12-2007, 08:10 PM
if you dont chew big red, then _____ you---ricky bobby

Bull's-eye
11-12-2007, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Corn Cob
From "Remember the Titans". Coach Bill Yoast: "Leave no doubt"

"I don't want them to gain another yard, you blitz all night, if they cross the line of scrimmage, I'm going to take every last one of you out! You make sure they remember forever the night they played the Titans! Leave no doubt."

Bull19
11-12-2007, 08:16 PM
beer drinker--" yall rode great today, i'm buying yall boys a drink"

lane---"well heck, i'll take a coke"

beer drinker--- "i said im buying yall a drink, i aint buying no coke"

tuff--(pushes beer drinker) ---" buy him what he wants fat boy"

8 SECONDS

Bull's-eye
11-12-2007, 08:50 PM
"Remember when Bobby Boucher showed up at halftime and the Muddogs won the Bourbon Bowl." The Water Boy

ASUFrisbeeStud
11-12-2007, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
if you dont chew big red, then _____ you---ricky bobby

HAHA I love that part.