PDA

View Full Version : Leach claims refs were bias

TheDOCTORdre
11-11-2007, 01:09 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3104347

GetRDoneStangs
11-11-2007, 01:14 AM
What a Cry Baby!!!!

I hope he gets a fine and suspended......

Classless Clown!!!!

:D :D :nerd: :D :D

JR2004
11-11-2007, 01:15 AM
Can this be added to the list of Leachisms please?

""Am I condemning the crew? Hell yeah, I'm condemning the crew," Leach said."

Most people stop after the question, but not Leach. How can you not like this guy? I'm a Longhorn fan, (T-shirt fan as I'm not a graduate of UT and have only supported them since I was 7 or 8.) but I find Leach to be a refreshing change from the usual stuff you hear in the post-game interviews.

JR2004
11-11-2007, 01:26 AM
And he goes out with a bang in that postgame rant!

From the Head Pirate himself...

"It may be incompetence, bias, I don't know. Maybe it's something as simple as guys sitting over the water cooler at their office in Austin talking about how the great game they're going to see -- and then perhaps a preconceived notion develops as to how it's going to come out," he said.

Asked if expects to be punished by the league for his remarks, Leach said, "I expect to be coaching."

Greenwood Teach
11-11-2007, 01:34 AM
Maybe he shouldn't have made the remarks to the media. Did you see the game, though? He's right!

IHStangFan
11-11-2007, 01:48 AM
LOL...this guys is entertaining. I'll give him that.

Txbroadcaster
11-11-2007, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Greenwood Teach
Maybe he shouldn't have made the remarks to the media. Did you see the game, though? He's right!

only one call was close and that was the Crabtree catch called incomplete, but even then IMO it was not conclusive.

eagles_victory
11-11-2007, 02:38 AM
how about Leach quits worrying about the refs and worries about why his defense cant stop anyone

bobcat1
11-11-2007, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
only one call was close and that was the Crabtree catch called incomplete, but even then IMO it was not conclusive. The Shipley touchdown was not a TD as his heel was out of bounds.

Darren
11-11-2007, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
The Shipley touchdown was not a TD as his heel was out of bounds.

Did they only lose by one td?

Darren
11-11-2007, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
And he goes out with a bang in that postgame rant!

From the Head Pirate himself...

"It may be incompetence, bias, I don't know. Maybe it's something as simple as guys sitting over the water cooler at their office in Austin talking about how the great game they're going to see -- and then perhaps a preconceived notion develops as to how it's going to come out," he said.

Asked if expects to be punished by the league for his remarks, Leach said, "I expect to be coaching."

Leech as always is an idiot. And a great representation of the overall Texas Tech attitude.

VAMike
11-11-2007, 09:16 AM
Randy Christal, the referee in this game, is one of the most respected persons in sports officiating. Not only is he one of the most respected white hats across the country in NCAA football, he is a huge in NCAA baseball as well. And if that is not enough, he is a leader in the National Assn of Sports Officials.

I have seen him make calls or no-calls in some games that I disagreed with but to even suggest that he is biased ?!?!?!!??

Phil C
11-11-2007, 09:19 AM
The Shipley touchdown was not a TD as his heel was out of bounds.

Actually it was a td and during the game it was pointed out why the officials said it was a td.

Ranger Mom
11-11-2007, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Actually it was a td and during the game it was pointed out why the officials said it was a td.

I must have missed that....why was it a TD??

Phil C
11-11-2007, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I must have missed that....why was it a TD??

Yes because the change of color didn't make it out of bounds but rather the OOB line which was located inside the green.

Old Tiger
11-11-2007, 09:27 AM
He's a moron and just angry at his own teams performance so he has to point blame to someone because he is not accountable for himself.

zebrablue2
11-11-2007, 09:57 AM
not smart to blast a respected crew like he did in the press. hope he gets what he deserves. what respect I had for him was lost yesterday. part of being a good coach is how you handle yourself before, during, and AFTER the battle. fine him heavily, and suspend him is what I say.

VAMike
11-11-2007, 10:04 AM
Even more quotes from another source:

From the Dallas Morning News:

AUSTIN – After Saturday's loss to Texas, Texas Tech coach Mike Leach ripped the officiating for a series of calls made in the third quarter, even questioning if the Longhorns received preferential treatment because they are "higher bowl-wise."

Leach said the game marked the second straight year in which his team got the raw end of calls against Texas. Leach also called the Big 12's review system "a sham."

"Last year in this incidence, I bit my tongue and I regret it," Leach said. "This whole, 'Do everything status quo' and 'Oh my gosh, the conference might fine you' – you know, sometimes it's just the right thing to do. Sometimes nothing's going to get changed until someone steps up and says something.

"I don't know if this will impact anything or not. I want to make sure that I do my part to impact it the best I can. I'v

e got players out there – we work hard, we try hard for years, days, weeks. There's no defense if somebody doesn't stand up and say something. People have to know. People have to be aware, and people have to quit being afraid of fines. People have to say something."

Bob Burda, the Big 12 assistant commissioner for communications who was at Saturday's game, said the league would have no comment until commissioner Dan Beebe had reviewed the matter.

Leach was upset about a drive in the third quarter in which a pass deep in Texas territory to Michael Crabtree of Carter was ruled incomplete. That ruling was upheld after a review on a coach's challenge by Leach.

Three plays later in that drive, officials ruled on the field that Graham Harrell had completed an 18-yard touchdown pass to Edward Britton. A touchdown would have cut into Texas' 35-20 lead. But the catch was ruled incomplete after an official review. Replays appeared to show the ball hit the ground before Britton secured it.

Two plays later, a 13-yard touchdown pass to Danny Amendola was negated by a holding penalty called on Louis Vasquez. Leach said Harrell was roughed on the play and didn't draw a flag. After the penalty, Leach went for it on fourth-and-15 instead of attempting a 40-yard field goal. The pass fell incomplete.

Leach took issue with referee Randy Christal, an Austin resident, working the game.

"Unless this can change, the Big 12 Conference needs to take a serious look at having out-of-conference officials officiate the Texas-Texas Tech games and perhaps other games where there is proven to be a bias by officiating," Leach said. "It's unfortunate, and does the bowl picture enter into it? I don't know. Does the money enter into it? I don't know.

"Am I condemning the crew? Hell, yeah, I'm condemning the crew."

Leach said Tech got "atrociously bad calls" in a 35-31 loss to Texas in Lubbock last season, in which the Longhorns erased a 21-point deficit.

"Perhaps there's [a bias] for Texas," Leach said. "Perhaps somebody that's higher bowl-wise gets preferential treatment. I don't know. I can't guess the motivations, but I'm convinced it needs to be solved. If we get nicked like this again, we'll have another talk"

bobcat1
11-11-2007, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
What a Cry Baby!!!!

I hope he gets a fine and suspended......

Classless Clown!!!!

:D :D :nerd: :D :D

No One will ever be able to outcry Mack Brown. Please! (http://www.realfootball365.com/college/articles/2005/12/mack-young-texas061205.html)

Gobbla2001
11-11-2007, 10:17 AM
No One will ever be able to outcry Mack Brown. Please! (http://www.realfootball365.com/college/articles/2005/12/mack-young-texas061205.html)

yah, but Mack Brown was right...

Old Tiger
11-11-2007, 10:20 AM
No One will ever be able to outcry Mack Brown. Please! (http://www.realfootball365.com/college/articles/2005/12/mack-young-texas061205.html) Pleading your case to get into a BCS bowl which they deserved is whining? Marketing is what it is ;).

Give us an official link and not one to a blog :D

Darren
11-11-2007, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Pleading your case to get into a BCS bowl which they deserved is whining? Marketing is what it is ;).

Give us an official link and not one to a blog :D

Don't Question Tech Fans... Don't you know that they are always right..!!!

RMAC
11-11-2007, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Darren
Don't Question Tech Fans... Don't you know that they are always right..!!!

Oh don't even start that crap.

Darren
11-11-2007, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by RMAC
Oh don't even start that crap.

It's too late.

Panther One
11-11-2007, 11:55 AM
Do you remember a few years back when Mangino made the same claims in a late Texas victory over KU? He, too, said the refs were biased because of the money that comes into the conference if Texas gets into a BCS bowl. People thought Mangino was just being a cry baby, too. Now that Leach comes out and says it, it makes you wonder.

VAMike
11-11-2007, 11:56 AM
A lot of people say an alien spaceship landed in Roswell NM. Do you believe that as well?

Gobbla2001
11-11-2007, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by VAMike
A lot of people say an alien spaceship landed in Roswell NM. Do you believe that as well?

hell, I do... apprently they left Mangino some buffet coupons...

wildstangs
11-11-2007, 12:03 PM
Hope Leach gets back to Lubbyuck and watches the tapes and realizes he was WRONG! I like Leach - he is hilarious.

Not the officials fault that Texas scored 59 points and his teams can convert 4th and 15.

LH Panther Mom
11-11-2007, 12:04 PM
Tech might be my team, but give me a break! If I had to bet money, I would say the odds are pretty decent in my favor that Leach burns more timeouts than any NCAA coach for having calls reviewed. :doh:

buff4life
11-11-2007, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
Do you remember a few years back when Mangino made the same claims in a late Texas victory over KU? He, too, said the refs were biased because of the money that comes into the conference if Texas gets into a BCS bowl. People thought Mangino was just being a cry baby, too. Now that Leach comes out and says it, it makes you wonder.

wonder for about half a second until you see the replays and see that all the calls were correct except the crabtree one you couldn't see...

but Crabtree is a stud...

Aesculus gilmus
11-11-2007, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
hell, I do... apprently they left Mangino some buffet coupons...

When I was a youth, there was a coach who had a heart attack, collapsed and died on the sideline.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Pittman

Every time I see Mangino on the sideline, I think of that TCU coach.

bobcat1
11-11-2007, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
wonder for about half a second until you see the replays and see that all the calls were correct except the crabtree one you couldn't see...

but Crabtree is a stud...

Did you watch the shipley catch for a TD? Did you watch the replay 10 times and see his heel was clearly out. Even the announcers said he was clearly out. The refs were bought and paid for. Still we have to play better and smarter.

Gobbla2001
11-11-2007, 02:48 PM
The refs were bought and paid for.

really now? that's hilarious...

did the refs review the play?

Darren
11-11-2007, 03:00 PM
The refs were bought and paid for.

Typical Response... If you can't win the game look to place blame.

Gobbla2001
11-11-2007, 03:07 PM
look to place blame.

well they can't blame their defense because they don't have one... so they have to blame someone...

20FAN07
11-11-2007, 03:09 PM
There were iffy calls both way, ones that could of gone either way..but that always happens. Overall i thought the calls were even, but you always have someone that thinks the other way. But i dont care what leach said Texas came to play the other night. They got off to a good start and really didn't look back. I dont care what the situation is, you can't blame to refs.. if your playin your game then their is nothing to worry bout. Leach is just mad cuz after all the close games Texas has had Mack just kicked him in the rear. Good Job Texas, but you better bring your a game to College Station :D ;)

Darren
11-11-2007, 03:09 PM
well they can't blame their defense because they don't have one... so they have to blame someone...

For sure....

Ranger Mom
11-11-2007, 03:13 PM
Did you watch the shipley catch for a TD? Did you watch the replay 10 times and see his heel was clearly out. Even the announcers said he was clearly out. The refs were bought and paid for. Still we have to play better and smarter.

I am a Texas fan first and a Texas Tech fan second, I still thought he was out and was confused as to how it was called a TD....then Phil C gave me this reason:

Originally posted by Phil C
Yes because the change of color didn't make it out of bounds but rather the OOB line which was located inside the green.

and then I was more confused than ever!!:confused:

Gobbla2001
11-11-2007, 03:16 PM
okay okay okay... we take away 7 Texas points and give Tech 7...

Texas still wins...

Darren
11-11-2007, 03:17 PM

Texas still wins...

True... It's not like the game was all that close.

Gobbla2001
11-11-2007, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by 20FAN07
There were iffy calls both way, ones that could of gone either way..but that always happens.

yah but you can't tell the loser that...

Ranger Mom
11-11-2007, 03:26 PM
So I guess I am the only one that didn't understand the "color" thing that PhilC was talking about??:confused:

Gobbla2001
11-11-2007, 03:27 PM
So I guess I am the only one that didn't understand the "color" thing that PhilC was talking about??:confused:

I admire PhilC

Ranger Mom
11-11-2007, 03:29 PM
I admire PhilC

Me too...I just don't understand him at times!!:p

Gobbla2001
11-11-2007, 03:32 PM
I admire the out of bounds line that was located inside of the green :thinking:

Chopblock
11-11-2007, 03:46 PM
Randy Christal, the referee in this game, is one of the most respected persons in sports officiating. Not only is he one of the most respected white hats across the country in NCAA football, he is a huge in NCAA baseball as well. And if that is not enough, he is a leader in the National Assn of Sports Officials.

I have seen him make calls or no-calls in some games that I disagreed with but to even suggest that he is biased ?!?!?!!??
I agree with you Mike, but i also am concerned by the Number of Officials that were not asked back in the Southland, Sunbelt and Big 12, I think 27 to be exact, and you and I know one of them
I think the new Sup. of Officials is a good one but i do question his rational
Randy is one that I would call if I had a question about a rule or a situation. I don't think by watching the game that any glarring calls were blown, I guess that Leach just gets to contribute for blowing off his mouth

celinaorange
11-11-2007, 07:48 PM
I really don't know the official or crew in question nor do I really care. But if any member of the crew lives in Austin or the Austin area, they have no business in the game. Plain and simple. If the crew has the best interest of the sport in mind, they would not accept an assignment to any school that is located anywhere close to where they live. For the same reason if any crew member was from Lubbock or the Lubbock are, they also should not be in the game.

VAMike
11-11-2007, 07:55 PM
The fellow who used to be the Supervisor of officials in the Big XII once said that if he had to worry about how a guy was going to call a game just because he lived in the town where one of the schools was located (or even if he graduated from one of them) then he wouldnot be able to trust them to work ANY game. I like that attitude. If someone wants to allege bias, then bring it on and prove it.

celinaorange
11-11-2007, 08:17 PM
It's called preventive officiating. I worked in officiating for 42 years and assigned numerous "big" games. Why ask for trouble or controversy when you can prevent it through selective assignments. Officiating is hard enough, why ask for trouble, especially at a high level. This was not a junior high game.

Old Tiger
11-11-2007, 08:18 PM
Could refs go bias against Leach now since he blasted this one?

Gobbla2001
11-11-2007, 08:19 PM
Could refs go bias against Leach now since he blasted this one?

hell I would...

"Offsides, on the kicker, 25 yard penalty, re-kick from the two..."

Old Tiger
11-11-2007, 08:20 PM
hell I would...

"Offsides, on the kicker, 25 yard penalty, re-kick from the two..." unnecessary roughness on the kicker

VAMike
11-11-2007, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by celinaorange
It's called preventive officiating. I worked in officiating for 42 years and assigned numerous "big" games. Why ask for trouble or controversy when you can prevent it through selective assignments. Officiating is hard enough, why ask for trouble, especially at a high level. This was not a junior high game.

No, that is called PC.

At this level the refs are under a microscope and every play/call is examined. If there was any bias, it would be noted.

If you eliminated Randy Christal from the possibility of ever working a UT game then UT is never going to have the best R in tghe conference. And what if he moved to Round Rock? Could he work a UT game then? How about San Marcos? How far away does he have to go?

Gobbla2001
11-11-2007, 08:24 PM
isn't the big problem here what happened in the review booth and not really the on-field officiating?

VAMike
11-11-2007, 08:31 PM
If I understand Leach, what he is saying is the league is biased in favor of UT over Tech (and probably over other schools) as they can get more money from UT bowl appearances than they can from "lesser schools" Therefore, the league directs its officials to tilt the scales in favor of UT. And it is even worse because someone who lives in Austin is reffing the game because everybody knows that there is nobody who lives in Austin who is not a UT fan.

But the final nail in the coffin is the replay system, which according to Leach, is filled with guys who only want to back up their "buddies " on the field.

luvhoops34
11-11-2007, 08:37 PM
Leech as always is an idiot. And a great representation of the overall Texas Tech attitude.

http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/dance.gif

CenTexSports
11-11-2007, 08:42 PM
Coaches like Leech are at every level and they make me sick. I can accept a coach's comments about my ability, rules knowledge, family linage and appearance but when he attacks my honesty or accuses me (or my crew) of favoring one team over the other, he better be ready to watch his team march backward.

I can see not working a school where you graduated but not necessarily where you live. My SEC friend graduated from Miss State and he could not call there.

I think Leech should be kicked from the sideline for the remainder of the year. It is OK for him to speak his mind but he better be ready for the consequences.

celinaorange
11-11-2007, 09:02 PM
You are entitled to your opinion on this matter just like any one else. My opinion on matters such as this are based on experience in dealing with these type situations. And it is still my opinion that in big money games officials should not be assigned if they are graduates of the schools envolved or if they live anywhere in the area of either school. I don't care how good and honest the official is. If he(or she) is that good they will get assigned to plenty of big games. It is also my opinion that the coaches should have a say in who the officials are and should have the right to cancel any one of the crew or the whole crew. The coaches in the big conferences have little to say about who is assigned to their games and I personally think that they should have the final say so. With the large amount of money that is taken in for these games, seems to me that you would want officials from other parts of the country. Just my opinion, no big deal.

VAMike
11-11-2007, 09:13 PM
You are entitled to your opinion on this matter just like any one else. My opinion on matters such as this are based on experience in dealing with these type situations. And it is still my opinion that in big money games officials should not be assigned if they are graduates of the schools envolved or if they live anywhere in the area of either school. I don't care how good and honest the official is. If he(or she) is that good they will get assigned to plenty of big games. It is also my opinion that the coaches should have a say in who the officials are and should have the right to cancel any one of the crew or the whole crew. The coaches in the big conferences have little to say about who is assigned to their games and I personally think that they should have the final say so. With the large amount of money that is taken in for these games, seems to me that you would want officials from other parts of the country. Just my opinion, no big deal.

1 - What is a "big money game" ?
2 - How far should someone have to live from the city limits in order to be eligible to work that school?
3 - The League invests tremendous resources in training and evaluating officials. I trust them to do this better than some clearly biased coach.

celinaorange
11-11-2007, 09:23 PM
as previously stated, you are entitled to your opinion. I would not assign any from the state that the game is being played. And I would have the coaches agree on who they would be. And a big money game would be any game with revenue of over $500,000. Not hard for coaches to agree on officials and I am sure that there are plenty qualified officials out there, not just a select few.

3afan
11-11-2007, 09:26 PM
..... I would not assign any from the state that the game is being played. And I would have the coaches agree on who they would be. .....

that's crazy IMO

so if i live in lubbock then i cant referee Iowa St @ aTm ???

or Montana St @ aTm ???

VAMike
11-11-2007, 09:27 PM
Officials at this level work in crews. If one guy on the crew is from Celina Texas does that mean the crew cannot work any Big XII games involving Texas teams?

And if you think you could ever get coaches at this level to agree on officials then you are truly in another world.

Gobbla2001
11-11-2007, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
that's crazy IMO

so if i live in lubbock then i cant referee Iowa St @ aTm ???

or Montana St @ aTm ???

yah, that's stupid... there are four big twelve teams in Texas... it'd be hard to find work for a texan...

Chopblock
11-11-2007, 09:40 PM
It comes down to people have the right to their opinion, I have called a couple of college games from the school i graduated from, but I had been out 18 years. Heck once the ball is kicked off, you focus on the game, not what schools are on the field

Big Papa
11-11-2007, 09:56 PM
I am a Texas fan first and a Texas Tech fan second, I still thought he was out and was confused as to how it was called a TD....then Phil C gave me this reason:

and then I was more confused than ever!!:confused:

the line color that phil c was talking about was the green space between the orange and the white...i think in the game that was pretty obvious where the out of bounds line was and that it was the white.....and shipleys toes came down before his heel...later in the game the review officials said that when his toes came and he was falling out of bounds that it was the same as dragging his toes and that is a touchdown...i tink

of course im a texas fan and i thought it was a touchdown all the way..:D :D

luvhoops34
11-11-2007, 10:01 PM
I think Leach making an ass out of himself on national tv is hilarious....

But for the rest of us "fans", how can you legitimately question an officals bias if you have never officiated and and don't truly know how the system works?

To me, that's why they are called "officials"...:D

LH Panther Mom
11-11-2007, 10:05 PM
I like to think I'm not an idiot & I've been a Tech fan for as long as I can remember.....and I'm old. :p

Darren
11-11-2007, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I like to think I'm not an idiot & I've been a Tech fan for as long as I can remember.....and I'm old. :p

I was more than a little upset at Leech and some other friends that are Tech fans.

I still think that Leech is an idiot but in hindsight have decided not to lump all (some but not all) Tech fans into the same category.

Old Tiger
11-11-2007, 10:12 PM
I like to think I'm not an idiot & I've been a Tech fan for as long as I can remember.....and I'm old. :p y?

Darren
11-11-2007, 10:12 PM

If you want to fight about it I feel that I must remind you that I carry a concealed Spork.

luvhoops34
11-11-2007, 10:21 PM
If you want to fight about it I feel that I must remind you that I carry a concealed Spork.

What is a "spork":confused:

LH Panther Mom
11-11-2007, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
What is a "spork":confused:
LMAO! Look at his avatar. :D

Darren
11-11-2007, 10:23 PM
Half Spoon Half fork.

Kind of like a Mog --- Except they are their own best friends

luvhoops34
11-11-2007, 10:30 PM
I saw his avatar after I posted. :D

I've seen those before, just didn't know what they were called!

A spork is a hybrid form of cutlery taking the form of a spoon-like shallow scoop with the addition of the tines of a fork (usually three or four). Spork-like utensils have been manufactured since at least the late 1800s; patents for spork-like designs date back to at least 1874 and the word "spork" was registered as a trademark both in the U.S. and the UK decades later. Sporks are offered in both re-usable and disposable form and are quite versatile. They are commonly used by fast food restaurants, prisons, school cafeterias, and backpackers.

The word spork is a portmanteau combining the words spoon and fork. The word "spork" appeared in the 1909 supplement to the Century Dictionary, where it was described as a trade name and "a 'portmanteau-word' applied to a long, slender spoon having at the end of the bowl projections resembling the tines of a fork". Sporks are occasionally known as foons.[citation needed] A similar term exists in Finnish: a "luha" (properly "lusikka-haarrukka") is a portmanteau word combining the words for "spoon" and "fork" respectively, and is most commonly to issued to conscrips on national service.

Similar utensils include the knork and the splayd. Sporks are often referred to for humorous effect, often as hypothetical weapons.

Sporks have been mass-manufactured since at least the late 1800s. The Folgate Silver Plate Company of England manufactured one sometime between 1875 and 1900.

In the United States, various patents for sporks and proto-sporks have been issued over the years. A combined spoon, fork, and knife closely resembling the modern spork was invented by Samuel W. Francis and issued US Patent 147,119 in February, 1874. Other early patents predating the modern spork include US Patent 904,553, for a "Cutting spoon", granted on November 24, 1908 to Harry L. McCoy and US Patent 1,044,869, for a spoon with a tined edge, granted to Frank Emmenegger in November of 1912. Many of these inventions predated the use of the term "spork" and thus may be considered proto-sporks. Given this significant prior art, the basic concept of combining aspects of a spoon and fork is well established; more modern patents have limited themselves to the specific implementation and appearance of the spork. These design patents do not prevent anyone from designing and manufacturing their own version of a spork. Examples of modern US design patents for sporks include patent number D247,153 issued in February of 1978 and patent D388,664 issued in January of 1998.

The word spork originated in the early 1900s to describe such devices. According to a 20 December 1952 New York Times article, Hyde W. Ballard of Westtown, Pennsylvania filed an application to register "Spork" as a trademark for a combination spoon and fork made of stainless steel, although there is no longer any record of this application at the United States Patent and Trademark Office. The Van Brode Milling Company subsequently registered SPORK for a combination plastic spoon, fork and knife at the USPTO on October 27, 1970, but abandoned the registration several years later. The word Spork accompanied by a stylised design is currently registered in the US in relation to hand tools, in the name of a UK based individual (reg. no. 2514381).

In the United Kingdom, Plastico Limited originally registered Spork as a trademark in relation to cutlery with effect from 18 September 1975 (reg. no. 1052291). The registration is now in the name of another company and remains in force. The trademark is also registered in the UK in relation to gardening tools in the name of the same UK based individual who owns US trademark registration no. 2514381. Another British company, Lifeventure, sells titanium and plastic versions using the name "Forkspoon".

In an unsuccessful lawsuit in 1999 where the company Regalzone sought to invalidate Plastico Limited's UK registration for Spork, Justice Neuberger wrote: "I accept that the word Spork involves a clever idea of making a single word by eliding the end of the word spoon and beginning of the word fork. The fact that it is clever and the fact that the meaning of Spork could be said to be obvious once it is explained does not mean that it is obvious what it is. Indeed, I would have thought that if one asked a person in 1975 what a Spork was, he or she would not know. If one then explained what it was and how the word came about, one might then be told that it was obvious or that it was clever."

Materials such as stainless steel, silver, aluminum, titanium, and polycarbonate plastic have been used in spork manufacture. The more ornate varieties are often sold as ice cream forks. Metal sporks are also sometimes called grapefruit spoons, and used on that fruit, whose successful total consumption is aided by a combination scooping-and-stabbing tool. Others prefer to reserve the name "grapefruit spoon" to a spoon that has been given a serrated edge like a knife around part of its lip.

The spork is used in a number of fast food restaurants, such as El Pollo Loco, and the Yum! Brands franchises, Kentucky Fried Chicken and Taco Bell. Sporks have been spotted at many other restaurants and in school cafeterias. Sporks are also available for consumer purchase, and are often found at picnics and similar occasions. Plastic sporks are also common in prisons in the United States, because they are difficult to form into weapons.

Sporks, especially the lighter types, are popular amongst backpackers, as they are smaller and lighter than carrying both a fork and a spoon.

In the United Kingdom, many pre-packaged ready-meals such as salads and pasta dishes, come with a disposable plastic spork. This poses as both a convenience for shoppers, and an economy for manufacturers (as sporks can be a suitable utensil for many different products). However, the spork's encroachment on the home environment is limited, due to the unfashionability of such 'gimmicky' cutlery, the rarity of metal versions, and ultimately, the pragmatics of a fork and a spoon usually being superior in each of their functions than a spork is at either.

JR2004
11-11-2007, 10:34 PM
Oh boy...I thought I'd be tuning in to see another run of the mill striped shirt wagon-circling event taking place.

How wrong I was as I see they're eating their own!

JR2004
11-11-2007, 10:36 PM

Okay what about if instead of being lumped in as an idiot you were referred to as a tortilla throwing classless clown? Would that be alright? :)

sotxrat
11-11-2007, 10:37 PM
I really have no favorites in this game. My opinion, Shipley's catch was definitely OB, even with the late in the game explanation, if you notice they did not go back to this reception even after the explanation. I think that the ruled incompletion to Crabtree was a catch, from what I witnessed on tv today in this game if Shipley would have made this same catch the call on the field would have been reversed by the replay official. I do agree with the replay official on the Tech touchdown being overruled, it was definitey not a catch. Later there was definitely holding on the Tech offense that called back a touchdown however I think that referee missed the late hit on Harrel. Should have been a replayed down. Would it have made a difference in the game probably not but we will never know. There was just too many wierd calls in this game for Leach not to blow up about. He will pay the fine and life will go on.

LH Panther Mom
11-11-2007, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Okay what about if instead of being lumped in as an idiot you were referred to as a tortilla throwing classless clown? Would that be alright? :)
Never was into the tortilla throwing either. :p Classless clown? Sure, why not? It beats some things I've been called. :eek: :eek:

JR2004
11-11-2007, 10:40 PM
Never was into the tortilla throwing either. :p Classless clown? Sure, why not? It beats some things I've been called. :eek: :eek:

Well as long as we're in agreement about that. :)

I like Tech. I'll root for them any game when they aren't playing Texas and I also enjoy listening to Mike Leach.

Big Papa
11-11-2007, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by sotxrat
I really have no favorites in this game. My opinion, Shipley's catch was definitely OB, even with the late in the game explanation, if you notice they did not go back to this reception even after the explanation. I think that the ruled incompletion to Crabtree was a catch, from what I witnessed on tv today in this game if Shipley would have made this same catch the call on the field would have been reversed by the replay official. I do agree with the replay official on the Tech touchdown being overruled, it was definitey not a catch. Later there was definitely holding on the Tech offense that called back a touchdown however I think that referee missed the late hit on Harrel. Should have been a replayed down. Would it have made a difference in the game probably not but we will never know. There was just too many wierd calls in this game for Leach not to blow up about. He will pay the fine and life will go on.

crabtrees catch didnt look like a reception..and it sorta looked like it hit the ground...nonetheless there wasnt anywhere enough to overturn it....that late hit wasnt really that late..or that vicious,,,and by the way...i thought that mccoy and harrell did a fine job of getting those 2 15 yrdrs for the their teams...a great acting job by both....harrells i thoguth was a lil bit better though

block&tackle
11-12-2007, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by sotxrat

Have the game TiVo'd and went back and watched:

-Shipley was inbounds
-Crabtree's ball sure appeared to hit the ground
-I have a frozen image on my TV of the ball coming out of Harrel's hand and the UT defender just inches from him - no way in the world that should have been called a late hit.

If he can't produce indisputable video evidence of officiating bias he should be facing more than a fine. He went to far.

mrescape43
11-12-2007, 10:08 AM

Texas still wins...

Who knows?

oldcrow
11-12-2007, 10:09 AM
go Horns

Adidas410s
11-12-2007, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by block&tackle
Have the game TiVo'd and went back and watched:

-Shipley was inbounds
-Crabtree's ball sure appeared to hit the ground
-I have a frozen image on my TV of the ball coming out of Harrel's hand and the UT defender just inches from him - no way in the world that should have been called a late hit.

If he can't produce indisputable video evidence of officiating bias he should be facing more than a fine. He went to far.
congrats on owning TiVo...:clap: :clap: :clap:

Maroon87
11-12-2007, 11:18 AM
I think giving up 59 points to a pretty average offense is a lot more to be concerned about than the officiating. :thinking:

VAMike
11-12-2007, 11:26 AM
...and for the conspiracy theorists...the line judge in the Tech-UT game is from Lubbock.

JasperDog94
11-12-2007, 11:36 AM
...and for the conspiracy theorists...the line judge in the Tech-UT game is from Lubbock. :eek: :eek: :eek:

b_smith07
11-12-2007, 03:36 PM
okay here I come to give my .02$ ( to the joy of all tech haters who will most likely rant on about how Im an atypical Tech fan)

I was in Austin at the game sitting in the UT section with my uncle who is a Ut grad. He and countless others will vouch that I was anything but classless as I even cheered in the UT hall-of-fame inductees which included Preist Holmes and Johnny Johnson.
The shipley catch was clearly OB and even the Godzillatron proved that in the stadium(same angles the review officials get). BS. The first personal foul against Tech when colt mccoy tripped was very questionable too. another BS moment. Now I'll give you crabtree's catch was hard to see from the angles on film, but the way he hopped up witht he ball made me think he really did catch it. And finally the third quarter drive by tech after the crabtree review where morris' catch was negated (again the ruling on the field was touchdown and the camera angle shown to the refs and us in the stadium was questionable whether the ball hit the ground, which in turn is not conclusive evidence and the touchdown should have stood) and when tech turned the ball over after Harrell's incomplete pass he was killed after the ball was thrown with no flag. Let's face it here folks, the officiating was shaky and shady and an Austin resident should not have been officiating the game along with the official who was from Lubbock. Neither of those refs should have been at that game. But a lot of you are missing the part of the article where Leach confronted Mack Brown on the field after the game and said, "congrats on the win, but there are some things i have to say and I mean in no way to take away from you or your team." read the whole article!!! On tv you can actually see them talking and mack give him the "do what you have to do-like" gesture. Classy from both parties, and leach brought out what damn near all of us would be thinking or want to do if we were head coaches, something I really like in a head coach. period. end of rant............

Ranger Mom
11-12-2007, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by b_smith07

The shipley catch was clearly OB and even the Godzillatron proved that in the stadium(same angles the review officials get).

Just curious...are you saying it was out of bounds because he wasn't in bounds AT ALL??

Or...are you saying he was out of bounds because his toe came down in bounds and the hell landed out of bounds?

ronwx5x
11-12-2007, 03:47 PM
Just curious...are you saying it was out of bounds because he wasn't in bounds AT ALL??

Or...are you saying he was out of bounds because his toe came down in bounds and the hell landed out of bounds?
RM, since we are not allowed to say curse words, this is either a typo or you are losing it!

ronwx5x

RM, since we are not allowed to say curse words, this is either a typo or you are losing it!

VAMike
okay here I come to give my .02$ ( to the joy of all tech haters who will most likely rant on about how Im an atypical Tech fan)

I was in Austin at the game sitting in the UT section with my uncle who is a Ut grad. He and countless others will vouch that I was anything but classless as I even cheered in the UT hall-of-fame inductees which included Preist Holmes and Johnny Johnson.
The shipley catch was clearly OB and even the Godzillatron proved that in the stadium(same angles the review officials get). BS. The first personal foul against Tech when colt mccoy tripped was very questionable too. another BS moment. Now I'll give you crabtree's catch was hard to see from the angles on film, but the way he hopped up witht he ball made me think he really did catch it. And finally the third quarter drive by tech after the crabtree review where morris' catch was negated (again the ruling on the field was touchdown and the camera angle shown to the refs and us in the stadium was questionable whether the ball hit the ground, which in turn is not conclusive evidence and the touchdown should have stood) and when tech turned the ball over after Harrell's incomplete pass he was killed after the ball was thrown with no flag. Let's face it here folks, the officiating was shaky and shady and an Austin resident should not have been officiating the game along with the official who was from Lubbock. Neither of those refs should have been at that game. But a lot of you are missing the part of the article where Leach confronted Mack Brown on the field after the game and said, "congrats on the win, but there are some things i have to say and I mean in no way to take away from you or your team." read the whole article!!! On tv you can actually see them talking and mack give him the "do what you have to do-like" gesture. Classy from both parties, and leach brought out what damn near all of us would be thinking or want to do if we were head coaches, something I really like in a head coach. period. end of rant............

You have admitted your bias. Don't you think that has any bearing on your mental processing of what you saw on the video re the Shipley catch. The only unbiased folks in the place (who had a much better view of this than did you) ruled catch. That should end it.

Txbroadcaster
11-12-2007, 03:48 PM

nd finally the third quarter drive by tech after the crabtree review where morris' catch was negated (again the ruling on the field was touchdown and the camera angle shown to the refs and us in the stadium was questionable whether the ball hit the ground, which in turn is not conclusive evidence and the touchdown ..

uhh it was not questionable at all..was pretty easy to see the ball hit the turf, only reason on field officals did not see what were the players bodies were in the way

Txbroadcaster
11-12-2007, 03:49 PM
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t278/immortal13_2007/8g8pw1j.jpg

Txbroadcaster
11-12-2007, 03:50 PM
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t278/immortal13_2007/brittondrop.jpg

Adidas410s
11-12-2007, 03:58 PM

A few thoughts...

1. Yes the Shipley catch is questionable. It's not clear cut...but it's debatable.
2. Yes Colt took a dive...so did Graham. Welcome to Vlade Divac acting school ;)
3. Crabtree DID have his hands on the ball...the question was whether he secured the ball on his own or because of the ground hitting the ball and stabalizing it for him. On TV they showed 3 angles:
- One where it appears the ball hits the ground.
- One where you can't clearly see the ball because Crabtree's back is in the way.
- One where it looks like the ball landed on his forearm and it is inconclusive as to whether or not the ball hit the ground.
Combine those 3 views...and there is not enough evidence to overturn the call. Remember there has to be "indesputable evidence" in which there clearly wasn't in this case. :(
4. On the ball thrown to Britton (not Morris) the replays on TV were clear in that he dropped the ball. Of this I assure you.
5. The Vasquez holding call was an obvious call. He started with a block that typically gets overlooked...but when you grab high on the jersey and tackle the guy to the ground...you're getting flagged unless the back judge somehow doesn't see it.
6. Maybe the officiating was shaky, maybe it wasn't. However, now wasn't the time for Leach to start complaining. He should've complained last year after the game in Lubbock. Heck if he wanted to gripe about the replay system he should've done so in 2005 vs Oklahoma when we won. That was a perfect instance of (in his opinion) the replay booth backing up the calls on the field even if they weren't correct.
7. Yes I do agree that it's not in the best interests of a football game to have any officials from the hometown of either school. If the ref had been listed as from Pflugerville and the line judge from Littlefield...nobody would think much of it regardless of the outcome. That being said, based on my own experiences as an official I find it VERY hard to believe that other officials would deliberately make incorrect calls. I'm not saying it doesn't happen...because I've seen it happen. However, to move to a high level of officiating you have to be doing A LOT of things right and be at the top of the food chain...so you aren't left with much room (if any) to favor one team or another with your calls or your true colors will come out long before you reach the big stage.

Could you provide us with a link to that article? I've read 3 or 4 articles from various newspapers regarding the game/postgame/Leach's comments but have yet to see anything about this. Thanks.

Ranger Mom
11-12-2007, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x

I could not figure out what you were talking about....we can say HELL!!!

But...it was a typo...should have been "heel".

JasperDog94
11-12-2007, 04:28 PM
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t278/immortal13_2007/8g8pw1j.jpg Touchdown!

Old Tiger
11-12-2007, 04:28 PM
Tech sucks...
Leach is a cry baby...
Go Texas!

Nuff said.

ronwx5x
11-12-2007, 04:30 PM

Are you saying it is a just a typo because you are not "losing it"?

Ranger Mom
11-12-2007, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Are you saying it is a just a typo because you are not "losing it"?

I could very well be losing it...but it was still a typo!!:D

VAMike
11-12-2007, 05:15 PM
This link was too good not to share.

Mike Leach Advice Column (http://www.sundaymorningqb.com/story/2007/11/12/134120/53)

eagles_victory
11-12-2007, 05:20 PM
remember when tech fans made that video of how they got cheated last year.

bobcat1
11-12-2007, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Touchdown!
That heel is coming down out of bounds and you know it. Blow it up. It is already in the white now. Great catch just out of bounds that's all.

bobcat1
11-12-2007, 05:28 PM
Tech sucks...
Leach is a cry baby...
Go Texas!

Nuff said.

Texas Sucks
No one crys better than Mack
Go Tech!

VAMike
11-12-2007, 05:29 PM
That still photo is after there was already possession and toe down. Play is dead already so what happens to the heel after that matters not.

Adidas410s
11-12-2007, 05:31 PM
That still photo is after there was already possession and toe down. Play is dead already so what happens to the heel after that matters not.

What rule discusses a heel/toe situation? Is there one?

VAMike
11-12-2007, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
What rule discusses a heel/toe situation? Is there one?

No and there does not need to be one. The rule regarding catches says he needs to come to ground with ball in possession and with "any part of his body" touching ground. The toe would constitite a part of the body.

eagles_victory
11-12-2007, 05:40 PM
Texas Sucks
No one crys better than Mack
Go Tech! yea Mack was crying hard after the game Saturday. He was quoted as saying with tears running down his face "Im just so tired of beating Tech year after year"

Adidas410s
11-12-2007, 05:42 PM
No and there does not need to be one. The rule regarding catches says he needs to come to ground with ball in possession and with "any part of his body" touching ground. The toe would constitite a part of the body.

and to clarify once part of his body touches the ground...at that instant anything else (assuming he has possession already) doesn't matter?

Txbroadcaster
11-12-2007, 05:43 PM
That heel is coming down out of bounds and you know it. Blow it up. It is already in the white now. Great catch just out of bounds that's all.

the heel CAN be out of bounds..As LONG as the toes hit first INBOUNDS and he has posession

bobcat1
11-12-2007, 05:43 PM
That still photo is after there was already possession and toe down. Play is dead already so what happens to the heel after that matters not. Wrong. If part of the foot is inbounds and part is out, the whole foot is ruled out. If he was facing the other way then the toe counts, but not backing out of the endzone. The hell is then part of the foot.

VAMike
11-12-2007, 05:44 PM
and to clarify once part of his body touches the ground...at that instant anything else (assuming he has possession already) doesn't matter?

That is how I understand it. Do you have a different take on it? What am I missing?

VAMike
11-12-2007, 05:45 PM
Wrong. If part of the foot is inbounds and part is out, the whole foot is ruled out. If he was facing the other way then the toe counts, but not backing out of the endzone. The hell is then part of the foot.

That would be true if both parts touched as you have described ,at the same time. But if a player comes down on his tiptoes as this receiver did, then the heel is immaterial

Txbroadcaster
11-12-2007, 05:46 PM
Wrong. If part of the foot is inbounds and part is out, the whole foot is ruled out. If he was facing the other way then the toe counts, but not backing out of the endzone. The hell is then part of the foot.

Not true

It is JUST like if he was facing other way and dragged his toe, the toe establishes possesion in bound..There is no if he is facing one way then the toe counts, but if facing other it does not count.

Adidas410s
11-12-2007, 05:47 PM
That is how I understand it. Do you have a different take on it? What am I missing?

no I'm just trying to get clarification on understanding the rule. I haven't been looking for an interpretation. Rather, I'm trying to understand as best as I can and also provide an accurate answer for others. One of the other TT blogs was looking through the rulebook and he was focusing on the OOB rule that I posted earlier so I was trying to see under what circumstances that rule would not matter. i guess I could always go look up the rule on a catch and see exactly what it says.

VAMike
11-12-2007, 05:50 PM
no I'm just trying to get clarification on understanding the rule. I haven't been looking for an interpretation. Rather, I'm trying to understand as best as I can and also provide an accurate answer for others. One of the other TT blogs was looking through the rulebook and he was focusing on the OOB rule that I posted earlier so I was trying to see under what circumstances that rule would not matter. i guess I could always go look up the rule on a catch and see exactly what it says.
2-2-7

Darren
11-12-2007, 05:51 PM
That would be true if both parts touched as you have described ,at the same time. But if a player comes down on his tiptoes as this receiver did, then the heel is immaterial

I agree with you and that is how I have heard it explained as well.

bobcat1
11-12-2007, 05:56 PM
It was ruled differently in a game last year and I can't remember which, but was the exact same circumstances. It was explained as I explained it. I have sent of for a ruling. I will post it when I get it.

VAMike
11-12-2007, 06:14 PM
It was ruled differently in a game last year and I can't remember which, but was the exact same circumstances. It was explained as I explained it. I have sent of for a ruling. I will post it when I get it.

Who is it that will be providing this ruling?

Darren
11-12-2007, 06:20 PM

They said something during the game about there being a meeting about this particular issue before the season started.

So apparently all of the refs are up to speed on the current ruling.

RMAC
11-12-2007, 06:28 PM
Tech sucks...
Leach is a cry baby...
Go Texas!

Nuff said.

I'd rather suck than have more freakin t-shirt fans than the Red Sox. I've said it once and I'll say it until I die; it's easy to be a fan of a team that always wins.

Darren
11-12-2007, 06:31 PM
I'd rather suck than have more freakin t-shirt fans than the Red Sox.

I'm glad thats working out for you...:p :confused: :p

DDBooger
11-12-2007, 06:31 PM
I'd rather suck than have more freakin t-shirt fans than the Red Sox. I've said it once and I'll say it until I die; it's easy to be a fan of a team that always wins. does that make it absurd to be a fan of a team that always loses? :cool:
well im absurd. im still a raiders fan:dispntd: but the cowboys make up for it!:D

Gobbla2001
11-12-2007, 06:35 PM
"I'd rather suck than have more t-shirt fans than the boston red sox"

you must not like football then...

I bet if you poll college athletes on why they:

A.) chose the school they play at

and

B.) what is more important, winning or not having a lot of t-shirt fans

you would most-likely get the same answer... "winning"...

haha, that's the silliest thing I've ever read...

good one RMAC... has to be a lie or you just don't know football...

RMAC
11-12-2007, 06:42 PM
"I'd rather suck than have more t-shirt fans than the boston red sox"

you must not like football then...

I bet if you poll college athletes on why they:

A.) chose the school they play at

and

B.) what is more important, winning or not having a lot of t-shirt fans

you would most-likely get the same answer... "winning"...

haha, that's the silliest thing I've ever read...

good one RMAC... has to be a lie or you just don't know football...

I'm serious. UT has some the most hypocritical fans in the world. Oh we're so classy, then they say crap like that. I know I go to more than likely the most disfunctional college in the country, but we don't go around acting like saints. Sure every school has bad apples, but UT just really gets on my nerves. I mean, if they've been your school since you can remember, then you're not going to say crap like that to about other schools. You don't and I know that, cuz you're not a t-shirt fan. Those are one of the things I absolutely HATE about sports in general. I mean, look at all the Cowboys fans coming out of the woodwork now that they're 8-1 and looking at an NFC Title. Okay, I'm better now. As far as what Leach did, there's questionable calls in every game and I haven't even looked at replays and I won't. But really, I think it was Forrest that said he should've done something after OU in '05. But wait, we won that game, so there couldn't have been anything wrong with it then.:D As far as I'm concerned, he missed his chance. Perhaps if we'd worry more about recruiting a defence than having an offence that averages 45 pts a game, then we wouldn't even have this problem.:D Time for class.

Gobbla2001
11-12-2007, 06:46 PM
I'm serious. UT has some the most hypocritical fans in the world. Oh we're so classy, then they say crap like that. I know I go to more than likely the most disfunctional college in the country, but we don't go around acting like saints. Sure every school has bad apples, but UT just really gets on my nerves. I mean, if they've been your school since you can remember, then you're not going to say crap like that to about other schools. You don't and I know that, cuz you're not a t-shirt fan. Those are one of the things I absolutely HATE about sports in general. I mean, look at all the Cowboys fans coming out of the woodwork now that they're 8-1 and looking at an NFC Title. Okay, I'm better now. As far as what Leach did, there's questionable calls in every game and I haven't even looked at replays and I won't. But really, I think it was Forrest that said he should've done something after OU in '05. But wait, we won that game, so there couldn't have been anything wrong with it then.:D As far as I'm concerned, he missed his chance. Perhaps if we'd worry more about recruiting a defence than having an offence that averages 45 pts a game, then we wouldn't even have this problem.:D Time for class.

of course UT will have more bad apples when they have more fans...

I'm a T-Shirt fan... never attended UT... but I try to take it easy on other schools...

UT fans can get annoying, but that's what happens with wins I guess...

pirate4state
11-12-2007, 06:50 PM
what is everyone still worked up about? :confused:

why are all those that attend these universities so concerned about what lowly "t-shirt fans" are saying? by your definition - they don't matter, so what's the big deal? :confused:

Gobbla2001
11-12-2007, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
what is everyone still worked up about? :confused:

you're silly...

texas + football = passion...

passion + opposing fans = arguements about anything and everything

it's great, I love football in Texas...

luvhoops34
11-12-2007, 06:58 PM

You know you just wanted to type "hell". Admit it!:D

pirate4state
11-12-2007, 06:59 PM
you're silly...

this is all true :D

VAMike
11-12-2007, 07:02 PM
They said something during the game about there being a meeting about this particular issue before the season started.

So apparently all of the refs are up to speed on the current ruling.

The meeting they may be talking about concerned what to do about situations where receivers are completing a catch as they touch inbounds and then fall out of bounds and the ball comes loose. That does not apply to this play. That is the only meeting I am aware of concerning catches and sidelines/end lines

3afan
11-12-2007, 07:34 PM

you arguing against a trained, working NCAA football official .... not some move-in fan

JasperDog94
11-12-2007, 07:57 PM
That heel is coming down out of bounds and you know it. Blow it up. It is already in the white now. Great catch just out of bounds that's all. But again, once the toe comes down and he has control of the ball, it's a touchdown. If his entire foot had come down at the same time (part in/part out) then it's an incomplete pass.

JasperDog94
11-12-2007, 07:58 PM
That would be true if both parts touched as you have described ,at the same time. But if a player comes down on his tiptoes as this receiver did, then the heel is immaterial I see you already made my point.:)

JasperDog94
11-12-2007, 08:03 PM
... look at all the Cowboys fans coming out of the woodwork now that they're 8-1 and looking at an NFC Title... Here's a thought for you:

Maybe, just maybe all of these folks are always cowboy fans, BUT the past 10 years they haven't had much to celebrate or talk about. Now they do so you hear from them more. That doesn't make them any less of a fan, does it?

RMAC
11-12-2007, 08:04 PM
you're silly...

Excellent analogy. I really loved the math that you managed to get in there.

rockdale80
11-12-2007, 08:08 PM

Does your school teach spelling?
OffenSe and DefenSe.
Thats all.
Thanks

rockdale80
11-12-2007, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Here's a thought for you:

Maybe, just maybe all of these folks are always cowboy fans, BUT the past 10 years they haven't had much to celebrate or talk about. Now they do so you hear from them more. That doesn't make them any less of a fan, does it?

Agreed. Although the first year of TO I didnt watch a single game. Other than that I havent missed many since birth. And we havent had much to talk about the last few years, other than about how bad we suck.

bobcat1
11-12-2007, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
you arguing against a trained, working NCAA football official .... not some move-in fan Was he in Austin Saturday working?

rockdale80
11-12-2007, 08:16 PM
Was he in Austin Saturday working?

:rolleyes:
It was a catch. Deal with it

RMAC
11-12-2007, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Does your school teach spelling?
OffenSe and DefenSe.
Thats all.
Thanks

If that's all you have to say to my response, then just shut up. I mean, if we're getting into punctuation and all, how about you put a period after thanks? Seriously, that was completely pointless.

bobcat1
11-12-2007, 08:22 PM
:rolleyes:
It was a catch. Deal with it
Wrong oh ye of the one and done this year.:p

rockdale80
11-12-2007, 08:30 PM
If that's all you have to say to my response, then just shut up. I mean, if we're getting into punctuation and all, how about you put a period after thanks? Seriously, that was completely pointless.

Testy arent we? Didn't know that pointing out a spelling error would get you all wound up.

Either way, it was ruled a catch on the field and in the booth. What is the point of crying over a TD that, if reversed, would still result in a loss? Tech lost and wanted to find someone to blame.

rockdale80
11-12-2007, 08:36 PM
Wrong oh ye of the one and done this year.:p

I support the Tigers, but my playing days are over, and have been for awhile now. So that one and done comment doesnt really bother me. ;)

RMAC
11-12-2007, 09:03 PM
Testy arent we? Didn't know that pointing out a spelling error would get you all wound up.

Either way, it was ruled a catch on the field and in the booth. What is the point of crying over a TD that, if reversed, would still result in a loss? Tech lost and wanted to find someone to blame.

No, Leach wanted someone to blame. I said I haven't seen the replays and won't make the effort to, so I wasn't going to comment one way or the other. From the looks of the pictures, they were both called correctly. I agreed on both points in favor of the Longhorns, yet, you still had to get something in there didn't you.

rockdale80
11-12-2007, 09:31 PM
No, Leach wanted someone to blame. I said I haven't seen the replays and won't make the effort to, so I wasn't going to comment one way or the other. From the looks of the pictures, they were both called correctly. I agreed on both points in favor of the Longhorns, yet, you still had to get something in there didn't you.

I didnt mean you in particular. I think you need a hug. I meant some people in general. And yes, Texas does have some overzealous fans, but so does every school in this country....including yours.

RMAC
11-12-2007, 09:35 PM
I didnt mean you in particular. I think you need a hug. I meant some people in general. And yes, Texas does have some overzealous fans, but so does every school in this country....including yours.

O,h I know we do. There's literally people that think we'll beat OU by 20 this weekend. It would be a MIRACLE for us to win by 1 in OT. It's a sad thing that so many people think where you went to school is who you are. You are very right though, they're everywhere, not just at UT, Tech, or ATM, but everywhere.

rockdale80
11-12-2007, 09:37 PM
O,h I know we do. There's literally people that think we'll beat OU by 20 this weekend. It would be a MIRACLE for us to win by 1 in OT. It's a sad thing that so many people think where you went to school is who you are. You are very right though, they're everywhere, not just at UT, Tech, or ATM, but everywhere.

I think Tech is capable of winning everytime they step out on the field. They have a high powered offenSe and if it starts clicking, watch out. I also hope they beat OU. Drank with several Techies this weekend on 6th. Good people.

jockcity33
11-13-2007, 09:50 AM
I don't believe in blaming losses on officials, but I do believe ther were way too many questionable calls that went UT's way in this game.
One that nobody is even talking about and I don't think any one even noticed was the QB sneak the McCoy scored on. He fumbled the snap went to his knee to pick it up then lunged forward for the TD, should have been down. Not saying that UT would not have scored on the next play but you never know, could have fumbled again. Did anybody else even notice that play? Was not even reviewed.

Txbroadcaster
11-13-2007, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by jockcity33
I don't believe in blaming losses on officials, but I do believe ther were way too many questionable calls that went UT's way in this game.
One that nobody is even talking about and I don't think any one even noticed was the QB sneak the McCoy scored on. He fumbled the snap went to his knee to pick it up then lunged forward for the TD, should have been down. Not saying that UT would not have scored on the next play but you never know, could have fumbled again. Did anybody else even notice that play? Was not even reviewed.

As a Texas fan i agree 100% on the Colt sneak, it sure looked like he went to his knees and then lunged forward

Big Papa
11-13-2007, 10:05 AM

i dont know if he knee was actually down though... i did see that play and wanted them to replay on abc but they never did....i couldnt tell from the one replay they showed if is knee was down...or even if it wasnt on purpose to make it easier to get in

jockcity33
11-13-2007, 10:46 AM
yea I wanted to see it again but I could not find the remote to my DVR and the announcers never said anything...of course they never said anything positive about Tech nor negative about TU.

Txbroadcaster
11-13-2007, 11:04 AM
yea I wanted to see it again but I could not find the remote to my DVR and the announcers never said anything...of course they never said anything positive about Tech nor negative about TU.

uhhh ok

they spent most of the broadcast talking about how 18 point lead agianst Tech is nothing, and that the offense and system for Tech was fun to watch and could score anywhere at anytime.

And how young Tech is and how good they could be in the next two years and such

jockcity33
11-13-2007, 11:34 AM
same things were said, only more often because their offense was on the field a lot more than Techs, about Texas offense.

I noticed you said nothing about the QB sneak for a TD and Colt fumbling the snap and going to a knee to pick it up before scoring...

Adidas410s
11-13-2007, 11:36 AM
same things were said, only more often because their offense was on the field a lot more than Techs, about Texas offense.

I noticed you said nothing about the QB sneak for a TD and Colt fumbling the snap and going to a knee to pick it up before scoring...

look up a few comments and you'll see where he wrote this...

As a Texas fan i agree 100% on the Colt sneak, it sure looked like he went to his knees and then lunged forward

jockcity33
11-13-2007, 11:38 AM
I guess i just missed those comments, my bad.

JasperDog94
11-13-2007, 12:14 PM
TU. You sounded like a reasonable fan until this.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: