PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Navarro College

IHS Fan
11-11-2007, 12:56 AM
This afternoon the Navarro Bulldogs won the Southwest Junior College Conference in football. The Bulldogs beat Kilgore 54-28 to earn a spot in the Pilgrims Pride Classic Bowl. They will play on 12-8. I've got to brag on these guys. My son starts on the OL.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

GetRDoneStangs
11-11-2007, 12:59 AM
Congrates there Dad!!! It looks like your son is someone many of us can " Look Up To"""

:clap: :clap:

IHStangFan
11-11-2007, 01:19 AM
way to go Lil' (huge) Mossy!! Doubt he remembers/knows who I am, but tell him I said congrats!

IHS Fan
11-11-2007, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
way to go Lil' (huge) Mossy!! Doubt he remembers/knows who I am, but tell him I said congrats!

I'll tell him. These kids had to beat defending National Champions Blinn 2 weeks ago to get to the playoffs then had to beat them again last week in the first round. They played their butts off these last 3 weeks.

IHStangFan
11-11-2007, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by IHS Fan
I'll tell him. These kids had to beat defending National Champions Blinn 2 weeks ago to get to the playoffs then had to beat them again last week in the first round. They played their butts off these last 3 weeks. :clap: that's awesome.

dutchman
11-11-2007, 09:27 AM
IHS Fan,

It was a seesaw battle for the first half and a very good running show put on by both teams. That goal line stand and then getting out of the endzone with that 40-yard pass broke the Kilgore defense.

The interception in the 4th quarter put the game away. What number is your son?

IHS Fan
11-11-2007, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by dutchman
IHS Fan,

It was a seesaw battle for the first half and a very good running show put on by both teams. That goal line stand and then getting out of the endzone with that 40-yard pass broke the Kilgore defense.

The interception in the 4th quarter put the game away. What number is your son?

he's #79. that win made the long drive worth it. here's a link to the story in the Corsicana Daily Sun.http://www.corsicanadailysun.com/sports/local_story_314223531.html

Antec
11-11-2007, 10:21 PM
Remember when Wharton County Junior College in Wharton had a football team before the program shut down in the early 1980s

They used to have some decent teams and played Navarro, Blinn etc

They played Blinn in a Shriner's Bowl in Rosenber in the 60-s-70s

Before current Tiger Stadium in Wharton was built

they play at the Junior High Stadium- with stands on one side

The Pioneers had a few good t eams=when the late Johnnie Frankie coached in the 50s before going to Rice

Back them junior college games were played in the middle of the week sometimes or Saturday

Gene Bahnsen who is still AD at WCJC

coach football for the Pioneers a few years also