PDA

View Full Version : Region III Bi-District GotW: Columbus (9-1) vs. Caldwell (8-1)

duke55
11-10-2007, 07:37 PM
Playoffs....Predictions?

Old Tiger
11-10-2007, 07:40 PM
Pretty good matchup here and it could go either way.

duke55
11-10-2007, 08:01 PM
i gotta be a homer and go with the cards

IHStangFan
11-10-2007, 08:04 PM
this ought to be a pretty tough game. From what I hear Caldwell is explosive and from what I've seen of Columbus this year the are a well oiled machine...steadily pounding the ball. I'm gonna be a homer as well and take the Cards.

buff4ever
11-10-2007, 08:20 PM
I see caldwell pulling this one out in a pretty good game.

ProudHornetMom
11-10-2007, 08:40 PM
Buff...you're making me proud. The Hornets will win.

duke55
11-10-2007, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
The Hornets will win.

maybe ..

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-10-2007, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by duke55
maybe ..

They aint ganna win "DUDE"

duke55
11-10-2007, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
They aint ganna win "DUDE"

i anit sayin were gonna go in their and whoop em ... but you never know..."DUDE"

Hornet Mom 2
11-10-2007, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
I see caldwell pulling this one out in a pretty good game.

Thanks for the support Buff...Hornets by 14. Columbus will play hard and it will be a good game the entire 48 minutes, but the Hornets will Bring the Sting!

duke55
11-10-2007, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Hornet Mom 2
Thanks for the support Buff...Hornets by 14. Columbus will play hard and it will be a good game the entire 48 minutes, but the Hornets will Bring the Sting!

nice prediction...

ProudHornetMom
11-10-2007, 09:56 PM
maybe ..
Looking at variables such as our season, rankings, power rankings, skill and health of the team, there's no maybe, it's a Hornet win.

duke55
11-10-2007, 10:31 PM
alrighty :wave:

duke55
11-10-2007, 10:32 PM
Looking at variables such as our season, rankings, power rankings, skill and health of the team, there's no maybe, it's a Hornet win.

wateva u say

winthebigone
11-10-2007, 10:34 PM
Caldwell has a much more explosive offense. They are averaging over 430 yards a game. Columbus will struggle to contain Canto, Sims, Ofczarzak and the tailback tandum. 4 potential backs carrying the ball, with the possibility of play-action passes to Woodburn and Gage. Columbus relies heavily on their kid Clark. He has over 1600 yards himself. QB is good also.

Caldwell has played a much tougher scheule which has prepared them for a long playoff run. They have beaten 3 playoff teams

duke55
11-10-2007, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by winthebigone
Caldwell has a much more explosive offense. They are averaging over 430 yards a game. Columbus will struggle to contain Canto, Sims, Ofczarzak and the tailback tandum. 4 potential backs carrying the ball, with the possibility of play-action passes to Woodburn and Gage. Columbus relies heavily on their kid Clark. He has over 1600 yards himself. QB is good also.

Caldwell has played a much tougher scheule which has prepared them for a long playoff run. They have beaten 3 playoff teams

true true true..:)

HEMOTOXIC
11-10-2007, 11:41 PM
Hornets by 21.

44INAROW
11-11-2007, 12:01 AM
this looks like it will be a good game....... going with the Cardinals (just cause we used to play them in preseason lol)

IHStangFan
11-11-2007, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by winthebigone

Caldwell has played a much tougher scheule which has prepared them for a long playoff run. They have beaten 3 playoff teams I think it will be a good one. As far as Caldwell having a much tougher schedule I think that is yet to be seen. I know that most think that D23 is tougher and superior to D24 but I wouldn't be so quick to make that assumption. This has supposedly been the case the last couple of years, yet D24 has had success against D23 in the recent playoffs. So don't count us out just yet. I think both of these districts are very solid at the top. Lots of stiff competition. Columbus has some good athletes, a pretty good sized line and a couple of really good backs.

Their team stats are as follows:

Total yds: 3951
First downs: 222
Rushing yds: 3215
Rushing yds/att: 6.67
Passing yds: 736
Yds/catch: 16.0

I wouldn't be guaranteeing a Hornet victory just yet. There is still a game to be played and I can assure you Columbus will show up.

HEMOTOXIC
11-11-2007, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I think it will be a good one. As far as Caldwell having a much tougher schedule I think that is yet to be seen. I know that most think that D23 is tougher and superior to D24 but I wouldn't be so quick to make that assumption. This has supposedly been the case the last couple of years, yet D24 has had success against D23 in the recent playoffs. So don't count us out just yet. I think both of these districts are very solid at the top. Lots of stiff competition. Columbus has some good athletes, a pretty good sized line and a couple of really good backs.

Their team stats are as follows:

Total yds: 3951
First downs: 222
Rushing yds: 3215
Rushing yds/att: 6.67
Passing yds: 736
Yds/catch: 16.0

I wouldn't be guaranteeing a Hornet victory just yet. There is still a game to be played and I can assure you Columbus will show up.

Indeed it will be a great game. However, does Columbus have enough D to stop the Caldwell offense? If Columbus' offense can keep Caldwells defense on the field instead of Caldwells offense, the Cards can pull this one off. Caldwell can be very explosive on offense with their potent running attack.

IHStangFan
11-11-2007, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Indeed it will be a great game. However, does Columbus have enough D to stop the Caldwell offense? If Columbus' offense can keep Caldwells defense on the field instead of Caldwells offense, the Cards can pull this one off. Caldwell can be very explosive on offense with their potent running attack. right on there HEMO....I was wondering the same thing. Caldwell seems to be a bit more explosive....but Columbus is steady as she goes consistant....should be very interesting. Wish I could be at about 4 games at the same time this week!!

State_In_08
11-11-2007, 01:42 AM
Since I've seen them play this year, and boy, did I ever see them play, I'll take Caldwell. They're a VERY good football team, and they run the ball methodically, with very few turnovers. That's the ingredients to a good football team right there.

Caldwell 35

Columbus 14

orangeblood
11-11-2007, 01:54 AM
Caldwell 38 Columbus 17

Too much offense, and I think our defense has come along way since the Rockdale game...... We can contain one running back....
Do they Throw the ball ? that would be the queston.....

IHStangFan
11-11-2007, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by orangeblood
Caldwell 38 Columbus 17

Too much offense, and I think our defense has come along way since the Rockdale game...... We can contain one running back....
Do they Throw the ball ? that would be the queston..... 736 of that 3951yds are passing. Avg. 16 yds a catch. I'd take that as they don't usually have to...but they can.

navscanmaster
11-11-2007, 05:29 AM
Caldwell will win. Columbus has had lots of trouble with lesser teams despite their great record, which just goes to show you that they know how to win. Just not against Caldwell.:D

cgaceb
11-11-2007, 07:56 AM
This game won't even be close.

duke55
11-11-2007, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by cgaceb
This game won't even be close.

pfffff ok :doh:

duke55
11-11-2007, 10:21 AM
Indeed it will be a great game. However, does Columbus have enough D to stop the Caldwell offense? If Columbus' offense can keep Caldwells defense on the field instead of Caldwells offense, the Cards can pull this one off. Caldwell can be very explosive on offense with their potent running attack.

true..columbus does run alot of time down

Darren
11-11-2007, 10:22 AM
I say Caldwell by 14

CHS_CG
11-11-2007, 01:38 PM
I will say Caldwell by 14 as well.. It will be a good game cant wait to see it.

tigerpride_08
11-11-2007, 02:02 PM
it's hard to root against my district but i can't help but say that our district has been up and down so i don't know if our 3 teams will be ready to face tough competition...but i'll pick the Cards in a close one...

Rattlesnake_08
11-11-2007, 03:24 PM
Looks to be a good game of the week...Its prob. going to be a close one, up until the forth qtr.

Caldwell 42 Columbus 28

buff4life
11-11-2007, 03:54 PM
I'm going with Caldwell by a decent margin

duke55
11-11-2007, 03:57 PM
columbus by 7

buff4life
11-11-2007, 05:17 PM
I'll be at this game...

orangeblood
11-11-2007, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
I'll be at this game...

Why? when does Giddings play and where?????

buff4life
11-11-2007, 06:26 PM
long story lol...staying in Austin this weekend

ProudHornetMom
11-11-2007, 10:00 PM
Buff4life,

Sorry you can't go to the Giddings game but glad you're coming to ours. It should be a good one...and you can keep us posted on the Giddings game.

buff4life
11-11-2007, 11:22 PM
Buff4life,

Sorry you can't go to the Giddings game but glad you're coming to ours. It should be a good one...and you can keep us posted on the Giddings game.

I can do that lol...you don't have to be sorry, I actually COULD go to the Giddings game, but BIG party at UT friday night and i can't miss it, so i figured i would still take in a Good D23 game...

buff4ever
11-11-2007, 11:23 PM
buff4life, I guess you and I will be giving each other updates huh. What do you have going on this wkend? GIRLS!!!

venomous tat2
11-12-2007, 11:40 AM
Columbus is a very good clock control team they do a good job of playing keep away Lol if they go up by 14 it's a tough road as they will nickle and dime you to death just something I know from playing them. Caldwell on the other hand will go full throtle non stop. this game will go to the team with the fewest mistakes, but I gotta go with " THE STING " NO points too close to call.

Lets go D-23 Repsent us well !!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

buff4life
11-12-2007, 01:59 PM
buff4life, I guess you and I will be giving each other updates huh. What do you have going on this wkend? GIRLS!!!

one of the biggest parties on campus all year lol...can't miss it...

yes you will be giving me updates...MORE THAN JUST ONE AT HALF!!!

strike hard
11-12-2007, 05:23 PM
Since I am in Austin and will not be able to make the Navasota Vs. Needville game I am going to this game. I have to go with the SWARM in this one by 14.

buff4life
11-12-2007, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by strike hard
Since I am in Austin and will not be able to make the Navasota Vs. Needville game I am going to this game. I have to go with the SWARM in this one by 14.

hey join the crowd

orangeblood
11-12-2007, 06:45 PM
Hey Buff4life and strike hard, the hornets will be tailgating friday afternoon, so come on by.....................

buff4life
11-12-2007, 06:50 PM
Hey Buff4life and strike hard, the hornets will be tailgating friday afternoon, so come on by.....................

alright, i might have to do that, i get out of class at noon...

strike hard
11-12-2007, 08:06 PM

I might have to do that too. I have a basketball tournament that I am coaching in where I will be doing my student teaching next semester so depending what time I get done and get over there I will have to try and find yall.

orangeblood
11-12-2007, 09:55 PM
We will be on the home side of the stadium......

buff4ever
11-12-2007, 10:12 PM
Did I mention hornets by 17 yet!

Canto will be shaking hands after this one!:) :) :) JK:) :p ;)

Just mixing it up a little in here.

buff4life
11-13-2007, 12:22 AM
Orangeblood i like my steak medium to medium rare :D :D

buff4life
11-13-2007, 01:00 PM
i am once again disappointed with the lack of posts from the "new" Caldwell posters...orangeblood and moms are holding tight for me though :D

CHS Pride
11-13-2007, 02:03 PM
So who are you missing? I really don't remember many other than the ones that have been posting and I said from the very beginning that I don't post very often, I just read. I have to get really stirred up to actually post. Most of what I am thinking is taken care of by another Caldwell poster. (If you know what I mean). But I dont want to let you down so if I need to post to keep you from being disappointed let me know. Look forward to seeing you on Friday and we will take care of you on that steak.

buff4life
11-13-2007, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by CHS Pride
So who are you missing? I really don't remember many other than the ones that have been posting and I said from the very beginning that I don't post very often, I just read. I have to get really stirred up to actually post. Most of what I am thinking is taken care of by another Caldwell poster. (If you know what I mean). But I dont want to let you down so if I need to post to keep you from being disappointed let me know. Look forward to seeing you on Friday and we will take care of you on that steak.

you don't have to post anything argumentative, just a prediction, randon thought, just to show you're here and didn't leave :D :D

Global Swarming
11-13-2007, 02:26 PM
I'm with you CHS Pride. I'm another one of those posters who will not get on here and trash-talk or berate another team. That way I don't have to worry about taking my foot out of my mouth. With that being said, Caldwell moves on to the second round.

Hornet Mom 2
11-13-2007, 02:29 PM
i am once again disappointed with the lack of posts from the "new" Caldwell posters...orangeblood and moms are holding tight for me though :D

Of course we are! There are alot of things going on -- Project Graduation meetings, city-wide pep rally to prepare for, WORK - LOL. And the KBTX blog site has gotten some of us really fired up this week!

CHS_Grad '85
11-13-2007, 03:01 PM
I'm here... it's easier to read than to post most days... I'll add my two cents when I need to... :D

CHS Pride
11-13-2007, 03:26 PM
you don't have to post anything argumentative, just a prediction, randon thought, just to show you're here and didn't leave

Oh, but I'd rather argue. jk
And by the way, did I say Caldwell will win this Friday in the 1st round just like we did when I was a senior in 1980 at the same stadium against Marble Falls.

buff4life
11-13-2007, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Global Swarming
I'm with you CHS Pride. I'm another one of those posters who will not get on here and trash-talk or berate another team. That way I don't have to worry about taking my foot out of my mouth. With that being said, Caldwell moves on to the second round.

well thats all, i want a prediction...

this thread was kind of dead, good to know i can make it go again...

orangeblood
11-13-2007, 04:48 PM
well thats all, i want a prediction...

this thread was kind of dead, good to know i can make it go again...

Did I mention I don't mind taking my foot from my mouth, Prediction: here is mine again, defense don't fail me I know the offense will be there( it's been there everytime except that one time, you know.... yes our defense bends but doesn't break) CALDWELL 38 columbus 17
Columbus is not Giddings Defense and we stopped Brock to 2 TD's and held Pratt in check (somewhat)... We also shut down Robinson, Nunn, LaGrange's passing game....... I think hands down we are the better team, now with that being said we have to go out and prove it Friday night. And yes I'm cooking steak and maybe frying some shrimp........ See ya........ 4 teams from our schedule will be playing this Thursday,Friday and Saturday, with the exception of Robinson they all have a chance to advance. And Robinson who knows, anything is possible in the play-offs.

hookandladder
11-13-2007, 05:04 PM
Caldwell by atleast 2 TD's.

ProudHornetMom
11-13-2007, 08:47 PM
Buffers, you always get us stirred.:D Surely y'all don't want me starting a discussion on team versus one dimensional football. ;) Just kidding.

Caldwell by 21 is my wager. I'm positive we'll move to the second round.:D

I've bought items for the TG party. Can't wait for the fun to begin.

buff4life
11-13-2007, 11:10 PM
Buffers, you always get us stirred.:D Surely y'all don't want me starting a discussion on team versus one dimensional football. ;) Just kidding.

Caldwell by 21 is my wager. I'm positive we'll move to the second round.:D

I've bought items for the TG party. Can't wait for the fun to begin.

Its TOO easy :p

buff4ever
11-14-2007, 09:59 AM
DId Imention Caldwell by 18 yet?!!

CowboyBillWatts
11-14-2007, 10:26 AM
I plan on watching one of your teams in the second round against either Cleveland or Kirbyville. Being a big fan of football from SE Texas I saw both of your teams' stats. It looks like both teams have dominant rushers: Carter (1,664 yds) from Columbus and Canto (1,662 yds) and Sims (869 yds) and Ofczarzak (432 yds) from Caldwell. I'm guessing Wing T offenses with Caldwell running some option? I guess it could be the I or veer. Heck, it may be spread. Sounds like it should be a great game between you two schools.

Old Tiger
11-14-2007, 10:35 AM
I voted Caldwell.

RattlerDude
11-14-2007, 10:44 AM
Caldwell will take this one easily. I really don't know much about Columbus, but unless they have a defense as good as Giddings, which I highly doubt, they pretty much have no chance at victory.

Old Tiger
11-14-2007, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by RattlerDude
Caldwell will take this one easily. I really don't know much about Columbus, but unless they have a defense as good as Giddings, which I highly doubt, they pretty much have no chance at victory. Easily....no.

caldwellgrad06
11-14-2007, 11:42 AM
well dang, looks like I won't be able to make it, but my family is def. going.....................i'll be at the next one for sure............wink wink, there's my prediction............save me a seat hornetmom2 ............

Sting Em' ;)

buff4life
11-14-2007, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by caldwellgrad06
well dang, looks like I won't be able to make it, but my family is def. going.....................i'll be at the next one for sure............wink wink, there's my prediction............save me a seat hornetmom2 ............

Sting Em' ;)

only two more days until STEAK!!

orangeblood
11-14-2007, 02:40 PM
only two more days until STEAK!!

Steak & Shrimp, It looks like we will try and set up kinda by the road, Thier is a grassy median with a few trees............Looking forward to this run................

buff4life
11-14-2007, 02:45 PM
Steak & Shrimp, It looks like we will try and set up kinda by the road, Thier is a grassy median with a few trees............Looking forward to this run................

alright...i'm coming depending on what time my friend gets into town...I'll drive up in a black dodge charger srt8, if you see me wave me down lol

Old Tiger
11-14-2007, 02:47 PM
alright...i'm coming depending on what time my friend gets into town...I'll drive up in a black dodge charger srt8, if you see me wave me down lol way to brag about the ride. It's ballin for sure.

CowboyBillWatts
11-14-2007, 02:49 PM
Man, it sounds like Caldwell is the hottest team outside of Giddings and WOS. What does Caldwell run on defense? 4-3, 5-2, 3-3, 4-4? Do they have a bunch of kids that play both ways? Does Columbus have a shot at Caldwell?

buff4life
11-14-2007, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
way to brag about the ride. It's ballin for sure.

i thought i would throw that in there...it looks like this...

http://www.tuningmag.net/images/news/dodge_charger_police_car_08122005/dodge_charger_srt8.jpg

orangeblood
11-14-2007, 02:59 PM
Any team has a shot at anybody in the play-offs. Nice car. You will have to tell me how to load pictures, I can't seem to make it work.
I believe we run out of a 4-3 defense.........

CowboyBillWatts
11-14-2007, 03:04 PM
Any team has a shot at anybody in the play-offs. Nice car. You will have to tell me how to load pictures, I can't seem to make it work.
I believe we run out of a 4-3 defense.........

Have a bunch of 2 way players? Cantu, Sims, or QB play on Defense?

48minutes
11-14-2007, 04:11 PM
I'm taking caldwell by 2 td's.

From what I watched in giddings, it didn't seem like Caldwell has many 2 way players. I know cantu, simms, and the qb do not play both ways forsure.(correct me if I'm wrong)

Just curious, is Columbus healthy?

buff4life
11-14-2007, 04:33 PM
agreed...

Who-dun-it!!?
11-14-2007, 05:03 PM
Caldwell 32
Columbas 26

orangeblood
11-14-2007, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by CowboyBillWatts
Have a bunch of 2 way players? Cantu, Sims, or QB play on Defense?

Sims and Ofczarzak do play defense in certain situations.......
Ofczarzak played more early in the season, but now that the defense has gotten better they try not to have players going both ways, but due to a couple of issues a couple of guys do play both ways.....

IHStangFan
11-14-2007, 10:42 PM
Sims and Ofczarzak do play defense in certain situations.......
Ofczarzak played more early in the season, but now that the defense has gotten better they try not to have players going both ways, but due to a couple of issues a couple of guys do play both ways..... not bashing or lookin for a fight....genuinely curious....I'm guessing these guys go in at certain times because of their speed? When someone is able to make the corner on their D they put in the faster kids? Just a guess. I've seen it done before.

On a little diff. note.....do you guys/gals know if this game is going to be webcast?

orangeblood
11-14-2007, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
not bashing or lookin for a fight....genuinely curious....I'm guessing these guys go in at certain times because of their speed? When someone is able to make the corner on their D they put in the faster kids? Just a guess. I've seen it done before.

On a little diff. note.....do you guys/gals know if this game is going to be webcast?

Can't really tell you that, I don't know, looking at ofczarzak he is a very smart player, I would imagine to see him on defense if we face an offense that throws alot like Texas Tech. They might add some defensive backs, or due to injuries. Simms is just a physical kid that fills in time to time.

Not sure about a webcast. I would think it will be on the radio....

IHStangFan
11-14-2007, 11:02 PM
Can't really tell you that, I don't know, looking at ofczarzak he is a very smart player, I would imagine to see him on defense if we face an offense that throws alot like Texas Tech. They might add some defensive backs, or due to injuries. Simms is just a physical kid that fills in time to time.

Not sure about a webcast. I would think it will be on the radio.... gotcha

I don't see Columbus coming out throwing the ball...more than likely theyre gonna run right at ya...then if you can stop their ground game..then they might go to the air.

LoveTheHornets
11-14-2007, 11:31 PM
I have only posted a few times, and I also do not have much time in the evenings to get on the computer!

Just want to say that my boys are ready! They are not looking ahead to next week; they are concentrating on this week. I know everyone from Caldwell always talks about how the Hornets are a TEAM, but it is true. I have seen many Hornet football teams over the years, and I have not seen a group who are as pulled together as this one is. I have not seen any infighting or backbiting or anyone with a prima donna attitude.

We are lucky to have this group of young men. I am proud to be associated with this team and these coaches.

HEMOTOXIC
11-15-2007, 12:46 AM
I for one was really impressed with the Hornets. Hopefully, Caldwell and Giddings will get their rematch. I want to see that!

Good luck to both teams!

State_In_08
11-15-2007, 01:40 AM
I really want to see Giddings and Caldwell get a rematch... I'd like to attend that game.

orangeblood
11-15-2007, 02:11 AM
This thread is not very hot, not like that Navasota thread...
I wonder why so many people want to post on the KBTX post board, I invited them over here but if they come they will not last long, they will get banned. Where is all the Columbus fans?

orangeblood
11-15-2007, 02:22 AM
Date Opponent Rk W L Result PF PA Note PWin PPF PPA
Fri Columbus 1738 9 1 -- 0 0 playoff 92% 39.4 19.8

Here is what the Massey Ratings say Caldwell ranked 8th they say it's a 92% chance Caldwell will win....Hmmm

neck_06
11-15-2007, 02:58 AM
where is this game being played?

CHS Pride
11-15-2007, 09:50 AM
The game is in Austin @ Tony Burger Center.

Bull19
11-15-2007, 10:00 AM
i got caldwell by 14+

Dogman_1969
11-15-2007, 10:14 AM
Since my family is from Caldwell and most of my fellow Bohiemian Cousins live there and play or played for the Hornets I'll go with the Hornets by 21..........

CowboyBillWatts
11-15-2007, 10:59 AM
or can they? I have learned all about Caldwell's offense, very potent from what I've heard! But nobody seems to be giving Columbus much of a chance. They have a stud running back also named Carter (1,600+ yards) and they have a ton of seniors just like Caldwell. I'm not so sure the Caldwell is that much better than Columbus. Guess that's why you play the game. How are the two defenses? Is Caldwell or Columbus better on D? Who will end up getting more stops and more turnovers?

orangeblood
11-15-2007, 11:43 AM
I will say this we didn't get much respect early on I think we were picked to finish 5th in our District, We still really don't get much respect, I guess it's to do with the history of Caldwell and the play-offs, Which IMO any team that makes the play-offs are doing good regardless if you lose early or late. I'm sure their are teams that have never been to the play-offs. No body gave us much chance against Robinson, Hutto, Navasota, Lets say we haven't been picked to win many this year and we have came out alright. Columbus sure they have a chance to win and I can tell you the HORNETS respect them more than they respect us. ( see KBTX post board) Columbus is putting deposits on Stadiums for their game against Kirbyville, funny thing Columbus hasn't played yet and niether has Kirbyville....... So don't say nobody is giving them a chance to win. But with respect to the posters on the downlow most of the time they know what they are talking about. And we will find out about Columbus tomorrow... And we scored 40+ points against the 3 opponents that were picked to beat us.......

CALDWELL 38 columbus 17

Old Tiger
11-15-2007, 12:19 PM
I will say this we didn't get much respect early on I think we were picked to finish 5th in our District, We still really don't get much respect, I guess it's to do with the history of Caldwell and the play-offs, Which IMO any team that makes the play-offs are doing good regardless if you lose early or late. I'm sure their are teams that have never been to the play-offs. No body gave us much chance against Robinson, Hutto, Navasota, Lets say we haven't been picked to win many this year and we have came out alright. Columbus sure they have a chance to win and I can tell you the HORNETS respect them more than they respect us. ( see KBTX post board) Columbus is putting deposits on Stadiums for their game against Kirbyville, funny thing Columbus hasn't played yet and niether has Kirbyville....... So don't say nobody is giving them a chance to win. But with respect to the posters on the downlow most of the time they know what they are talking about. And we will find out about Columbus tomorrow... And we scored 40+ points against the 3 opponents that were picked to beat us.......

CALDWELL 38 columbus 17 YEAH! YOU TELL EM!

buff4life
11-15-2007, 12:24 PM

CALDWELL 38 columbus 17

geez next time just write a book and publish it :D :D

CowboyBillWatts
11-15-2007, 12:33 PM
what is kbtx? I don't know about that board.

orangeblood
11-15-2007, 12:56 PM
what is kbtx? I don't know about that board.

It's a local tv station in Bryan it has board that is titled " how far will your team go..." And everyone has turned it into a talk s#$# board.

baseballmom
11-15-2007, 01:31 PM

CALDWELL 38 columbus 17
From what I here Caldwell has setup there next stadiums!!

buff4life
11-15-2007, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by baseballmom
From what I here Caldwell has setup there next stadiums!!

most teams do try to schedule a stadium ahead of time because if they do win, they want to have a good place to play and not get the scraps, reserving a stadium isn't sayin "We're going to win" it says "If we win, we don't have to worry about finding a good place to play"

buff4ever
11-15-2007, 02:08 PM
I got on th KBTX board for about 5 minutes during the week of giddings/caldwell. If you spend more time than that on that board you are wasting it. It was ridiculous. To me it looked like a bunch of kids talking crap, they were saying they were players, knowing they weren't, it is total crap.

THANX TO THE DOWN LOW FOR BEING RESPECTABLE AND DESCENT IN MOST OF ITS THREADS!

My advice would be to not look at that other board. Teams are always scheduling stadiums ahead of time, or they will wind up traveling farther than necessary or playing in a pasture. Once you get 3 or 4 weeks in it gets a lot easier to hold a stadium, till then it is a dog fight.

Old Tiger
11-15-2007, 02:13 PM
It's a local tv station in Bryan it has board that is titled " how far will your team go..." And everyone has turned it into a talk s#$# board. YEAH! YOU TELL EM!

CowboyBillWatts
11-15-2007, 02:23 PM
YEAH! YOU TELL EM!

I love when you post. I get to see Scarlett! How about a hot babe for the week. Change it up a little. Just a thought.

CowboyBillWatts
11-15-2007, 02:26 PM

CALDWELL 38 columbus 17

Well said. Thanks for the insight. I do not know either team. Sounds like a fun game. I just might go to Austin for this one!

CowboyBillWatts
11-15-2007, 02:32 PM
Pretty good matchup here and it could go either way.

Who has the best defense and the best special teams???

Maroon87
11-15-2007, 02:38 PM
Who has the best defense and the best special teams???

Nice screen name!:thumbsup:

buff4ever
11-15-2007, 10:38 PM
This game will be one of three victories by D23 in week one of the playoffs!!JK but likely true!:D

Isee_everything
11-15-2007, 11:36 PM
I would not say that quite yet. I have been watching Columbus practice through out the week and they seem ready to go. Not only do these kids seem physically prepared but also mentally. Watching this team play is unlike watching any other Columbus football team yet. To me I think these kids are finally tired of having losing football season and decided to turn it around this year, simply put like their head coach says "were going to put the C back into C-Town". Maby it is just me, and having not seen this type of chemistry on the football team in a long time (it just sends chills all over your body). But I think Columbus will come in this game and make Cadwell put their money where there mouth is, simply this game will be one of those memorable games where the underdog beats the favorite.

Also good luck to the Lady Cards at the state tournament!!!

buff4ever
11-15-2007, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Isee_everything
I would not say that quite yet. I have been watching Columbus practice through out the week and they seem ready to go. Not only do these kids seem physically prepared but also mentally. Watching this team play is unlike watching any other Columbus football team yet. To me I think these kids are finally tired of having losing football season and decided to turn it around this year, simply put like their head coach says "were going to put the C back into C-Town". Maby it is just me, and having not seen this type of chemistry on the football team in a long time (it just sends chills all over your body). But I think Columbus will come in this game and make Cadwell put their money where there mouth is, simply this game will be one of those memorable games where the underdog beats the favorite.

Dude are you from caldwell?:D :)

CHS_Grad '85
11-16-2007, 12:07 AM
Dude are you from caldwell?:D :) Ha Ha Ha... I had the same deja vu...

CHS Pride
11-16-2007, 12:08 AM
Hey Buff4life,

This just in We are cooking ELK as well......... see ya

buff4ever
11-16-2007, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by CHS_Grad '85
Ha Ha Ha... I had the same deja vu...

I couldn't help it, it was that cheesy and rung a bell!;)

orangeblood
11-16-2007, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Isee_everything

Who said ya'll are the underdog Columbus won District, we are the underdog......

buff4ever
11-16-2007, 12:16 AM
don't compare underdogs by where you finished in district. Not that state rankings are all legit and all, but much better way of determining underdog in a first round playoff game.

orangeblood
11-16-2007, 12:32 AM
Wasn't going to let him play the underdog card on me...... good advice though.....

HEMOTOXIC
11-16-2007, 01:09 AM
Aight Hornets, Its your turn!

Go Hornets, D23!

State_In_08
11-16-2007, 02:22 AM
Aight Hornets, Its your turn!

Go Hornets, D23!

IHStangFan
11-16-2007, 03:42 AM
Let's go Cards!! This was a horrible night for birds in the sports world!! The Blue Jays lose, The Oregon Ducks lose....break the curse of the bird tomorrow night!!! :D

Hornet Mom 2
11-16-2007, 08:54 AM
Dude are you from caldwell?:D :)

I am still ROFLMAO at this! I wasn't THAT BAD! LOL! And no, please don't go back and pull my old postings.... :doh:

Isee_everything
11-16-2007, 11:54 AM
Who said ya'll are the underdog Columbus won District, we are the underdog...... We are picked to loose by 16pts maby you should do some research before you post.

buff4ever
11-16-2007, 12:27 PM
buff4life will be keeping me updated on this game, I will keep him updated on the giddings game. So I will know what's going on.

GO HORNETS!

GO BUFFS!!

Hornet Mom 2
11-16-2007, 12:29 PM
The Caldwell game will be broadcast on 107.3 FM for anyone that needs it! I think that station is out of Brenham??

Old Tiger
11-16-2007, 01:11 PM
Wasn't going to let him play the underdog card on me...... good advice though..... YEAH! YOU TELL EM!

buff4life
11-16-2007, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by CHS Pride
Hey Buff4life,

This just in We are cooking ELK as well......... see ya

hmm ELK :thinking: :thinking: ....never had that before...

buff4life
11-16-2007, 01:27 PM
buff4life will be keeping me updated on this game, I will keep him updated on the giddings game. So I will know what's going on.

GO HORNETS!

GO BUFFS!!

Word...hopefully the headache wears off by then...

Daddy D 11
11-16-2007, 01:44 PM
go hornets! and if Scotts mom is looking at this, tell scott to call me aftter the game! :D

we can even swap updates if you would like :thinking:

buff4life
11-16-2007, 02:18 PM
I'm guessing the columbus volleyball will make it over to the game after beating Wimberley...

buff4life
11-16-2007, 02:19 PM
I need info one what all of you are wearing tonight so i can identify you...

I'll be wearing jeans with a leather jacket and i'll be with a tall guy...

Daddy D 11
11-16-2007, 04:35 PM
wimberley is for real dude. i wouldnt be surprised to see Wimberely cruise right past columbus.

those girls can absolutly ball

buff4life
11-16-2007, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
wimberley is for real dude. i wouldnt be surprised to see Wimberely cruise right past columbus.

those girls can absolutly ball

alright "dude" since this was a Caldwell and Columbus thread i was giving props to the Columbus volleyball team "dude"