PDA

View Full Version : Texas in a BCS Bowl

kepdawg
11-10-2007, 01:29 PM
I've read a couple of times on the Dallas Morning News' website about Texas still hoping for a BCS game.

Is there something I'm missing? You can hope all you want, but that won't make it happen! If you want a BCS game so bad how about taking care of business when you had the chance!

Sometimes you've got to be realistic! At this point reality is that Texas isn't going to a BCS game!

I wish that wasn't the case, but unfortunately it is!

Cameron Crazy
11-10-2007, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
I've read a couple of times on the Dallas Morning News' website about Texas still hoping for a BCS game.

Is there something I'm missing? You can hope all you want, but that won't make it happen! If you want a BCS game so bad how about taking care of business when you had the chance!

Sometimes you've got to be realistic! At this point reality is that Texas isn't going to a BCS game!

I wish that wasn't the case, but unfortunately it is! Let me guess your a sooner fan? :thinking: :rolleyes:

kepdawg
11-10-2007, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Let me guess your a sooner fan? :thinking: :rolleyes:

Guess again

Emerson1
11-10-2007, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Let me guess your a sooner fan? :thinking: :rolleyes:
Your sig is to big

Gobbla2001
11-10-2007, 01:37 PM
Herbstreet was saying something about it on college gameday today... said Texas still has that shot...

this year, with the way things are going, they could move up in the BCS very quickly... Mich is being beaten 20-7 at halftime by Wiskey... that'll move Texas up some... no telling who else loses (I still think Mizzou could take a hit if A&M can do it)...

of course you gotta win at home again Techster today...

Gobbla2001
11-10-2007, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Your sig is to big

your to is too small...

kepdawg
11-10-2007, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Herbstreet was saying something about it on college gameday today... said Texas still has that shot...

this year, with the way things are going, they could move up in the BCS very quickly... Mich is being beaten 20-7 at halftime by Wiskey... that'll move Texas up some... no telling who else loses (I still think Mizzou could take a hit if A&M can do it)...

of course you gotta win at home again Techster today...

I guess it may still be possible.

But it isn't probable.

wildstangs
11-10-2007, 01:54 PM
Still possible. If Missouri and Kansas have two losses each, Texas would most likely land a BCS at large bid.

Only two schools from each conference can make the BCS, so Kansas and Missouri have to lose for it to happen.

Of course Texas has to win out to have any shot of that happening. They probably dont deserve to be there, but if Notre Dame can get a BCS bid yearly just because of who they are, why cant Texas?

eagles_victory
11-10-2007, 02:43 PM
i just hope that UT wins their last two games Holiday vs USC would be a nice matchup

formermbcouns
11-10-2007, 02:50 PM
No way will this happen...nor do they even deserve such a bid.

Gobbla2001
11-10-2007, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by formermbcouns
nor do they even deserve such a bid.

but if Kansas were to lose, and Mizzou were to lose, and so many other teams lose up front like they have been all year, how could you not say they deserve it over the other teams? esspecially if they end the season on a winning streak...

right now I don't think they deserve it... but you come out hard against Tech this week and finish the season on a good note, then some other teams get upset infront of you... how would they not deserve it then?

JR2004
11-10-2007, 02:57 PM
I'm going out on a limb here and guessing Kep isn't a fan of the Land Thieves. I don't think a fan of theirs would ever wear UT clothing.

Gobbla2001
11-10-2007, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
I'm going out on a limb here and guessing Kep isn't a fan of the Land Thieves. I don't think a fan of theirs would ever wear UT clothing.

that's a small limb over thur...