PDA

View Full Version : Smithville Tigers

buffalo booster
11-10-2007, 01:24 PM
Kudos to the Smithville Tigers. Smithville has lost more than they have won in recent years, but their players (and fans) have continued to show a lot of class through these lean years. Last night, after the Buffaloes-Tigers game, the Smithville players all turned and faced the Giddings side of the field when the Buffalo band played the Giddings school song. They did the same thing last year, and the year before. I don't know if this is coach-induced (because there has been a turnover in coaches), but it is certainly something that I wish other schools would emulate. I tip my Buffalo cap to the Smithville Tigers.

Cameron Crazy
11-10-2007, 01:27 PM
That is class right there.!

Darren
11-10-2007, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by buffalo booster
Kudos to the Smithville Tigers. Smithville has lost more than they have won in recent years, but their players (and fans) have continued to show a lot of class through these lean years. Last night, after the Buffaloes-Tigers game, the Smithville players all turned and faced the Giddings side of the field when the Buffalo band played the Giddings school song. They did the same thing last year, and the year before. I don't know if this is coach-induced (because there has been a turnover in coaches), but it is certainly something that I wish other schools would emulate. I tip my Buffalo cap to the Smithville Tigers.

They have got to have some of the same talent that Giddings and La Grange have but they just havent been able to turn the corner.

I wonder what numbers they will be submitting this year. Do they have a chance of going to 2a?