PDA

View Full Version : TexasHSFootball.com's 3A Realignment

Ranger Mom
01-26-2004, 02:11 PM
I prefer this site to some of the others that have projected realigments.

red= schools that will move down
green = schools that will move up
purple = new schools

TexasHSFootball.com projected realignment (http://www.texashsfootball.com/news/realign3aproj012604.htm)

<small>[ January 26, 2004, 01:14 PM: Message edited by: Ranger Mom ]</small>

JasperDog94
01-26-2004, 02:17 PM
Interesting projections. Personally, I don't see them splitting up 20-3A into three other districts, but we'll see in a week.

Phil C
01-26-2004, 02:39 PM
Interesting that they have District 31 with 7 teams. Not much time for non-conference games. Plus I couldn't find Mathis or Taft anywhere.

Ranger Mom
01-26-2004, 03:08 PM
Mathis shows to be in District 31.

Taft is projected to move to 2-A.

Wbulldogs
01-26-2004, 03:18 PM
i still dont thin here at wylie we will move up to 4a

booger1
01-26-2004, 03:25 PM
Why move Huntington 3 districts down when they are only 10 miles away?!

Phil C
01-26-2004, 03:49 PM
Thank you Ranger Mom. Man 8 teams in District 31! That only leaves three non-conference games if that happens. I hope they play Cuero, Raymondville, and Rice then.

bccards
01-26-2004, 03:52 PM
that guy's smoking something whacky.. bridge city & orangefield being 1 mile apart, will not be in seperate districts.. i need some of 'dat stuff!!

Z motion 10 out on 2
01-26-2004, 06:29 PM
He may be right on with Vernon's district. I have heard mention of the same schools that he has. If that happens, it will suck for Vernon because of how far some of these towns are from Vernon.

whatusay2
01-26-2004, 08:46 PM
They had an earlier projection on that same website that I thought was actually a little better. This one seems WAY off. Based on this realignment, the 3A numbers don't change. But, wait a minute, because it does sound so "WACKY" it might be close to what the UIL does. If so, there should be a lot of upset people from the old District 20-3A.

callandraise
01-26-2004, 09:28 PM
Based on the fact that this projection leaves Brady and Comanche in 3A but drops Ballinger to 2A I have to suppose that they are putting the bottom of 3A in the 390 to 400 range.Any one know what Jim Ned and Bangs turned in,we might very well drop from 3A to 2A and be the third largest school in our district.

wildstangs
01-26-2004, 10:19 PM
Check out this district full of powerhouses:

District 5: (6) Brady, Early, Clyde, Comanche, Grape Creek, Breckenridge

District 6 would automatically advance to round two.

District303aPastPlayer
01-27-2004, 12:11 AM
what in the hell.... OMG... i am very disgusted by this realignment

St. Ivender
01-27-2004, 07:25 AM
bccards:
that guy's smoking something whacky.. bridge city & orangefield being 1 mile apart, will not be in seperate districts.. i need some of 'dat stuff!!Ditto.

This guy is smoking whacky tobacky!!

Green Ranger
01-27-2004, 07:34 AM
"District 4: (7) Mid Greenwood, Pecos, Fabens, Presidio, Monahans, Kermit, Ft. Stockton"

I might be mistaken, but it was my understanding that Presidio either dropped their football program or was put on probation for two years due to their lack of fielding a team the past two years. If they are playing that will be a long trip!

Wildcat81
01-27-2004, 07:47 AM
St. Ivender:

bccards:
that guy's smoking something whacky.. bridge city & orangefield being 1 mile apart, will not be in seperate districts.. i need some of 'dat stuff!!Ditto.

This guy is smoking whacky tobacky!!That would be kinda dumb,but you can never tell
they might be smoking some whacky tobacky.

Old No. 7
01-27-2004, 09:00 AM
Wildcat81:

St. Ivender:

bccards:

This guy is smoking whacky tobacky!!That would be kinda dumb,but you can never tell
they might be smoking some whacky tobacky.Okay, I'm voteing for the use of whacky tobacky too. :D I'm hopeing he's just trying to stir the pot.

Ladykat5
01-27-2004, 09:32 AM
Kennedale is moving up to 4A? This could be a mistake. We would be a very small 4A school. I am kind of excited if this is true. Its nice to know the school is growing. Anyway....sorry I just didnt know we would be moving up. God bless.

JasperDog94
01-27-2004, 10:15 AM
Ladykat5:
Kennedale is moving up to 4A? This could be a mistake. We would be a very small 4A school. I am kind of excited if this is true. Its nice to know the school is growing. Anyway....sorry I just didnt know we would be moving up. God bless.This is just a guess right now. We'll know next Monday. But if it does happen, you can contact some folks from Jasper. They've always been one of the smallest in 4A till we dropped to 3A two years ago.

callandraise
01-27-2004, 12:16 PM
If Kennedale is worried about being a small 4Aconsider the situation Ballinger has had to deal with . We have been one of the smallest 3a schools in the state for the last 20 years and didn't even have enough kids to be 3A the last 2 years but we have managed to be pretty competetive all those years.

Matthew328
01-27-2004, 02:57 PM
Nothing wrong with being the little guy...heck for a LONG time Everman had around 850 kids and was traditionally one of the smallest schools in the state..and they competed pretty good..if Kennedale goes 4A they'll be fine...

southtexasrat
01-27-2004, 03:10 PM
After looking at 2a, 3a and 4a it seems that San Diego has been overlooked. They will most likely stay in 3a, so this will make district 31 have 9 teams. I do not think that will stand, so it should be really interesting what they do with all the districts in region 4. The logistics will play a large role in this entire region. Zapata, which is one of the larger 3a schools in the state, is quite far from any other 3a school. The closest 3a school is Hidalgo, I believe, to Zapata.(about 80 miles) Zapata could move to district 32 and San Diego to district 30.

Junkyard
01-27-2004, 04:04 PM
The region III is all wrong it will never happen like that. They want have teams driving through a different district to play district games. Also Woodville and Newton are in all likely hood gong to drop to 2a and WOS and Silsbee will drop to 3a.

JasperDog94
01-27-2004, 04:26 PM
Junkyard:
The region III is all wrong it will never happen like that. They want have teams driving through a different district to play district games. Also Woodville and Newton are in all likely hood gong to drop to 2a and WOS and Silsbee will drop to 3a.IMHO, the reason you don't see more people talking about this scenario is that most folks don't want WOS to drop to 3A. I'm looking forward to it. I think it's wishful thinking that it won't happen.

CentralTxFan
01-27-2004, 09:38 PM
Wonder what numbers this person used for the cut offs? Again it shows Bandera staying 3A, which if what was posted on here earlier in the season, they should be moving on up as well as Burnet.

callandraise
01-28-2004, 09:43 AM
IT looks like Grape Creek is going to have a busy season that site has them playing in District 2 in 2A and in District 5 in 3A. Another little discrepancy I noticed was they have Abilene Wiley in 4A.I would be less surprised to get up Monday morning and find out the sun had come in the west than to see where Wiley had been put in 4A.

JustAFan
01-28-2004, 12:41 PM
The numbers must be off for this projection. They have Everman going 4A and Carter-Riverside in 3A when Carter-Riverside turned in a larger enrollment than Everman? I think this is one of the most anticipated realignments in recent times state-wide. And it will be interesting to compare what come of these projections are after we see the real realignment.

Rabbit'93
01-28-2004, 12:49 PM
I like the district he has forney in. This is better than being grouped in with denison and sherman

Adidas410s
01-28-2004, 01:00 PM
wildstangs:
Check out this district full of powerhouses:

District 5: (6) Brady, Early, Clyde, Comanche, Grape Creek, Breckenridge

District 6 would automatically advance to round two.Sorry but this would never happen. Breckenridge and Brady would be over 3 hrs away by bus. As long as Bangs and/or Jim Ned moves up, then you wont see Brady in this district and they will likely be shipped back to Region 4!

Adidas410s
01-28-2004, 01:05 PM
callandraise:
IT looks like Grape Creek is going to have a busy season that site has them playing in District 2 in 2A and in District 5 in 3A. Another little discrepancy I noticed was they have Abilene Wiley in 4A.I would be less surprised to get up Monday morning and find out the sun had come in the west than to see where Wiley had been put in 4A.Its Wylie btw...and let me guess, you think that because ONE TIME Wylie was 1 student short of the cutoff (6 years ago I must add!) that they are getting special privlige from the UIL and being allowed to stay in 3A when they havent even been close to moving up to 4A since 1998. If Wylie goes to 4A they will still be very competetive in every sport.

BTW, I dont put ANY value in this guy's projections. He originally had Ballinger in 3A and Bangs and Jim Ned in 2A. He moved Wylie to 4A but left Ft Worth schools in 3A that have enrollments around 1000. A lot of the things that he has on there are not logical. Yes the UIL may make a few mistakes, but not the 15-20/classification that this site has. Also, he wont even post top-to-bottom figures for each class because he has no consistency in his numbers.

oh well
01-28-2004, 01:25 PM
Adidas410s I agree wylie would be competitive but there is a diff. between brady and Frenship, Andrews and Ballinger. If that was to happen. I do not see it happening and I am sure Wylie does not want it to happen. They would be one of the smallest not one of the largest.

TexasHSFootball
01-28-2004, 02:10 PM
FYI I just canned the projections on the site.. If you want information on why, just drop me an e-mail.

callandraise
01-28-2004, 02:26 PM
Actually I have nothing against Wiley they have been pretty good to us over the years ,they even let us use their indoor practice facility to prepare for a playoff game a few years ago.However the fact that Wiley has about twice the enrollment of any other school in the district has caused some people to question the system the UIL is using. Just trying to start a little controversy,things have been kind of dull the last month or so.

Buffalo
01-28-2004, 11:07 PM
They will be 4A (Wylie)From the biggest to the smallest