PDA

View Full Version : Not trying to be the grinch...

Gobbla2001
11-10-2007, 11:52 AM
but am I the only one that thinks we're going a bit overboard with this Anthony deal?

I mean has anyone talked to anyone from Anthony? Are they even as excited as we are about that whole "enrollment" deal or are they just excited about making the playoffs?

I don't think it's that big of a deal... I think their coach will appreciate a letter, but might laugh a bit...

3afan
11-10-2007, 11:55 AM
uuuhhh, what "Anthony deal"?

Gobbla2001
11-10-2007, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
uuuhhh, what "Anthony deal"?

read the sticky...

pirate4state
11-10-2007, 12:37 PM
If he laughs, he laughs. It isn't like we'll hear him! :D

Gobbla2001
11-10-2007, 12:40 PM
I just think it was another regular season at the office for the Anthony team... they didn't request to move up because they thought they couldn't make the playoffs...

We need to send one to palacios too, they made the playoff for the first time since winning the 2A Championship 45 years ago :clap:

pirate4state
11-10-2007, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I just think it was another regular season at the office for the Anthony team... they didn't request to move up because they thought they couldn't make the playoffs...

We need to send one to palacios too, they made the playoff for the first time since winning the 2A Championship 45 years ago :clap:

Well, what are you waiting for? Start the thread!

Gobbla2001
11-10-2007, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Well, what are you waiting for? Start the thread!

nah, this is football, not cheerleading...

good game, good game, move on... :p :D

Ranger Mom
11-10-2007, 12:48 PM
For myself...I would like to get more people on the board from the schools that aren't represented already!

If they join, they join, if they don't, they don't.

I still think the thread was a nice gesture though!!:nerd:

pirate4state
11-10-2007, 12:48 PM
nah, this is football, not cheerleading...

good game, good game, move on... :p :D

alright

Gobbla2001
11-10-2007, 12:51 PM
heck yah the thread is a VERY nice gesture... the downlow has always had very proactive posters who do great things...

I just think you start the season trying to make the playoffs... that's what they did... congrats, ya did what you were supposed to do... that team just took care of business like every other team should have and did... just another year at the office...

now if their coach had been shot by some stupid parent or something then I'd understand it a bit more I think...

but yes, it's a very nice gesture... :clap:

kepdawg
11-10-2007, 12:52 PM
Man Gobbla's a smart dude

Pick on a school with no posters

That way there's not a crowd of homers to jump his butt

Ranger Mom
11-10-2007, 12:53 PM
heck yah the thread is a VERY nice gesture... the downlow has always had very proactive posters who do great things...

I just think you start the season trying to make the playoffs... that's what they did... congrats, ya did what you were supposed to do... that team just took care of business like every other team should have and did... just another year at the office...

now if their coach had been shot by some stupid parent or something then I'd feel better about it...

I guess I am impressed because they are really a 2A school who made it in the 3A world!!

That being said, I hope it's Greenwood that takes them out!!:D

Gobbla2001
11-10-2007, 12:55 PM
Yes, kepdawg, that's how I like to do these things :cool:

RM - They're not in a very impressive district, that's why I'm NOT impressed ha...

if they were in 23-3A I'd buy all of 'em Pizza and take 'em bar hopping in a tour bus...

Ranger Mom
11-10-2007, 12:57 PM
Yes, kepdawg, that's how I like to do these things :cool:

RM - They're not in a very impressive district, that's why I'm NOT impressed ha...

if they were in 23-3A I'd buy all of 'em Pizza and take 'em bar hopping in a tour bus...

Well you ARE from Cuero...probably takes a lot to impress you!!:kiss:

pirate4state
11-10-2007, 12:58 PM
Have they ever made the playoffs before? I don't even know. Someone asked to do something nice & I didn't see the harm in it. Still don't, just curious if they had been in the playoffs before at any classification?

Gobbla2001
11-10-2007, 01:01 PM
Someone asked to do something nice & I didn't see the harm in it.

like I said, it is nice, sending it'll be nice... that's why I decided to post it here so I wouldn't messed up the thread you guys will send off... big congrats to 'em... I just think they took care of business like they were supposed to, that's all...

Gobbla2001
11-10-2007, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
probably takes a lot to impress you!!:kiss:

nah, just a nice bikini and an ice-chest full of shiner bock and I'm impressed...

kepdawg
11-10-2007, 01:07 PM
Have they ever made the playoffs before? I don't even know. Someone asked to do something nice & I didn't see the harm in it. Still don't, just curious if they had been in the playoffs before at any classification?

Made 2A playoffs and finished 8-2 in 2003

CHS_CG
11-10-2007, 01:09 PM
nah, just a nice bikini and an ice-chest full of shiner bock and I'm impressed...

it doesnt even take that much

LH Panther Mom
11-10-2007, 01:09 PM
LOL! At first I read "nah, just a nice bikini and a nice-chest" :doh:

Gobbla2001
11-10-2007, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
LOL! At first I read "nah, just a nice bikini and a nice-chest" :doh:

maybe that's what I meant to say haha

Gobbla2001
11-10-2007, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
it doesnt even take that much

listen here ma'am... I like your avatar...