CHS_CG
11-10-2007, 12:38 PM
WOO HOO!!!!!

duke55
11-10-2007, 02:31 PM
lets go C town!!! columbus.. that is

Global Swarming
11-10-2007, 03:46 PM
I wonder why they're going to play in Austin. It's not in between the two schools.

RdaleBoi08
11-10-2007, 04:15 PM
Coaches Prolly Couldnt Agree, So Went To A Netural Site!

LH Panther Mom
11-10-2007, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Global Swarming
I wonder why they're going to play in Austin. It's not in between the two schools.
Are there any decent size stadiums between them?

zebrablue2
11-10-2007, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Are there any decent size stadiums between them?

brenham.

LH Panther Mom
11-10-2007, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
brenham.
Thanks! I should've got a map out, but I was being lazy. :D

ProudHornetMom
11-10-2007, 04:53 PM
Several stadiums belong to schools that are playing in play-offs themselves so don't have staff to host/work any play-offs in their stadium. Brenham was one of those. Others were booked. Others had field condition issues.

CHS_CG
11-10-2007, 05:20 PM
Well I will be leaving to go to the game.. heck yall might even get a rare sighting of the MIA HornetMom... And of course Lil CHS_CG

gtownfan
11-10-2007, 05:24 PM

What's wrong with Bryan?

Why is Caldwell/Columbus going to Austin, Giddings/Sealy to Tomball and Navasota/Needville to Klein in NorthWest Houston?

Are both the Bryan fields taken on Friday night?

Seems strange to travel so far for a first round game (although it's nothing like the two teams out west).

Global Swarming
11-10-2007, 05:27 PM
I think Navasota would be a good place for Caldwell and Columbus.

ProudHornetMom
11-10-2007, 05:36 PM
Both Bryan and Navasota are playing in the play-offs AND were selected by other schools who knew before Friday who they would be playing. College Station and Kyle weren't available either.

Both schools tried to stay closer to home.

18handicap
11-10-2007, 05:52 PM
Bryan is playing on Friday at Brenham HS vs. Stony Point. We are going to Round Rock ISD Stadium to play Round Rock HS. I think we have games on our field on Friday and Saturday. I also believe that Brenham is playing at Bryan on Saturday.

Elway7=HOF
11-10-2007, 09:10 PM
is someone playing at Navasota?

coiled2strike
11-10-2007, 09:20 PM
navasota's dressing room for the visiting team is an issue...they have to dress in the junior high locker room way in the back of the school...it is quite a hike to the game field

ProudHornetMom
11-10-2007, 10:02 PM
Navasota Booster Club member told me they may have 4 games next weekend. I assume 1 on Friday and 3 on Saturday. The visiting dressing was an issue, we drove buses back and forth...but the hospitality and helpfulness of the Navasota staff more than made up for it. The visitor dressing rooms are in the next phase of building and should be ready next year. It's definitely a nice stadium and should get great post district use.

buff4life
11-11-2007, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by 18handicap
Bryan is playing on Friday at Brenham HS vs. Stony Point. We are going to Round Rock ISD Stadium to play Round Rock HS. I think we have games on our field on Friday and Saturday. I also believe that Brenham is playing at Bryan on Saturday.
2 5A schools playing at Brenham? i don't recall that stadium being that nice?

HEMOTOXIC
11-11-2007, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by buff4life

Its not that bad. They have good seating on both sides of the stadium.

HEMOTOXIC
11-11-2007, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
Navasota Booster Club member told me they may have 4 games next weekend. I assume 1 on Friday and 3 on Saturday. The visiting dressing was an issue, we drove buses back and forth...but the hospitality and helpfulness of the Navasota staff more than made up for it. The visitor dressing rooms are in the next phase of building and should be ready next year. It's definitely a nice stadium and should get great post district use.

I wonder who is playing in Navasota? I've looked on chron.com and I don't see any games that are supposed to be played at Rattlers Stadium. Do you have an idea of the teams that will play in Navasota?

3afan
11-11-2007, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
I wonder who is playing in Navasota?

none according to Dallas Morning News - might be privates

HEMOTOXIC
11-11-2007, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
none according to Dallas Morning News - might be privates

Okay, thanks.

CHS_CG
11-11-2007, 02:49 PM
I just hate the fact we have to go to austin.. on a friday afternoon.. when traffic will be the worst!

ProudHornetMom
11-11-2007, 03:09 PM
I wonder who is playing in Navasota? I've looked on chron.com and I don't see any games that are supposed to be played at Rattlers Stadium. Do you have an idea of the teams that will play in Navasota?

I'll email my friend and see.

I just hate the fact we have to go to austin.. on a friday afternoon.. when traffic will be the worst!

It doesn't bother me! It doesn't matter when or where we go. What matters is we get to go! By the time the game starts, the traffic will be forgotten.;)

striker
11-11-2007, 03:15 PM
We had several places inquire and reserve, but one of the two teams lost. So there are non scheduled at Rattler Stadium for this week, that I know of yet.

striker
11-11-2007, 03:17 PM
Coiled..That is part of the "HOME" field advantage. We can't make it too cush for you all. It was nice seeing you bro. Maybe your next game can be at Rattler Stadium.

ProudHornetMom
11-11-2007, 03:24 PM
Yikes. I hope some team picks up Navasota's field. It's too nice to sit empty on a play-ff week end. I bet it's grabbed quickly.

orangeblood
11-11-2007, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by striker
We had several places inquire and reserve, but one of the two teams lost. So there are non scheduled at Rattler Stadium for this week, that I know of yet.

Nice Place good crew working, but not being able to put the inflatable up sucks and needing a sack lunch for the walk to the field from the visitors dressing room not good either and then their is a seating issue...... I'm sure they will solve those issues, because the field and scoreboard is as good as it gets in highschool football......

18handicap
11-11-2007, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by buff4life

According to our coaches, it's been hard to reserve a stadium this year because of so many playoff games. We had Temple reserved, but since we are playing Round Rock, we have to play them in RR since they came to College Station last year.

LoveTheHornets
11-11-2007, 11:16 PM

As Orangeblood pointed out, Navasota doesn't have much seating on the visitor's side. Other than that (and of course, the aforementioned visiting team dressing room issue), it's a nice stadium. I hope they do remedy those problems because it will be a great playoff spot.

HEMOTOXIC
11-12-2007, 01:12 AM
Yes, we all hope that they fix the seating issues. The visitors side is way too small for a large 3A program with the posibility of returning to 4A in the future. Even if Navasota doesn't return to 4A, the 1500 seats on the visitors' side will def. keep them from hosting 4A and 5A playoff games. In addition, I hope that they add some more restrooms, perhaps behind the home bleachers. From what I am hearing, the visitors' parking and dressing room issue will be taken care of before next fall.

navscanmaster
11-12-2007, 05:14 AM
Yeah, I thought we would have at least got a few 1A games this week, but you never know. There are plenty of older, smaller fields hosting playoff games in the area, but I don't see too many 1 or 2A matchups this week that we would make a good location for. Remember, in 1 and 2A, the teams in our area are in Region IV, not with the rest of East Texas in Region 3.

JDOG
11-12-2007, 06:32 PM
I bet they don't let Columbus on the field after the game so I guess they'll be classles jerks up there too!!

ronwx5x
11-12-2007, 06:34 PM
Limited seating but otherwise great facility.