PDA

View Full Version : Graham/Burk Thoughts.

Cameron Crazy
11-10-2007, 01:39 AM
wow. this game was a good one.

This is what I thought, and I could care less what you have to say negative about what I have to say.

Graham came out on a balanced attack. They ran the ball more with Holub and Sparks. Mccoy was very tentative in the pocket and connected with Wright and Cox. This was a whole new Mccoy out there, he looked solid.

Mccoy ran the ball 3-4 times out of the gun, and gained positive yards 3-4 times. The defense struggled for 3 quaters trying to contain #5, the kid was fast and very shifty.

Burk just came out confused when they saw Graham run the ball more than the pass in the first quater, and that opened up the secondary for Cox and Wright.

All in all a good game, I wish both teams good luck in the playoffs.

pirate4state
11-10-2007, 01:44 AM
What was the final score?

Cameron Crazy
11-10-2007, 01:48 AM
Graham 27 Burk 19

RedWhiteBlue
11-10-2007, 02:52 AM
Great game Steers!!!!! Good luck to the Bulldogs in the playoffs!!

MarginalTalent
11-11-2007, 09:56 PM
I thought 32 was a scarier runner than 5 for Burk. 5 is huge, but 32's speed is what made them dangerous. Another thing I noticed is we have some coverage problems. The last two games we've seen some wide open receivers in 3rd and 4th down situations. We are trying not to give up the big play, but it creates a problem when teams convert and our offense doesn't get more shots with the ball.

Speaking of O, we looked pretty solid this week. My only crit is that when we decide to do that goal line offense that we just get in the set and stop all that moving around. I'm not sure it confuses anyone except us. We ended up with a 5 yard penalty on it. But its a good set and a good play. 14 can run that option as well as anyone and we have two solid backs who can punch it in there. I think I'd take McCoy completely out on that play and put in an extra tight end. McCoy was sharp, hitting 8 on two critical 4th down plays. I think one went for a TD. I like the change with 8 in the slot. That linebacker couldn't keep up and the safety can't get over in time. Lots of matchup problems for a defense. Cudos to the OC for that wrinkle. Also, 5 showed up again after a long absence. That kid is a tough runner. I would love to see him get the ball a little more in the two-back sets.

Overall, a very solid game. Burk will be trouble for a lot of people.

Cameron Crazy
11-11-2007, 10:00 PM
Burk has some coverage problems as well.

And they have Canyon this week, who pass 95% of the time.

I do not think Burk will be able to stop them.

MarginalTalent
11-11-2007, 10:08 PM
Maybe. Burk had some talented DBs back there but they were committed to stopping the run and making McCoy beat them with the pass. Fortunately, McCoy was up to the task. Offensively, Burk can control the clock with long pounding drives and may be able to pass enough on Canyon to keep them honest, plus not give them too many opportunities with the ball. I think we only had 7 or 8 possessions against them. We'll see. Should be a good game.

I will be supporting the team that represents 6-AAA. Burk shouldn't break out the basketballs just yet.

Cameron Crazy
11-11-2007, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by MarginalTalent
Maybe. Burk had some talented DBs back there but they were committed to stopping the run and making McCoy beat them with the pass. Fortunately, McCoy was up to the task. Offensively, Burk can control the clock with long pounding drives and may be able to pass enough on Canyon to keep them honest, plus not give them too many opportunities with the ball. I think we only had 7 or 8 possessions against them. We'll see. Should be a good game.

I will be supporting the team that represents 6-AAA. Burk shouldn't break out the basketballs just yet. True, Mccoy did an outstanding job viewing the field and finding the open recievers. He impressed me with the way he handled himself.

And Wright and Cox both played really good.

Gotta give some credit to the O line also, if it werent for them I do not think those touchdowns would have been theres.

Great game all in all.

Should be a good one in Amarillo saturday!

Snyder_TigerFan
11-11-2007, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Should be a good one in Amarillo saturday!

Should be a blowout.

Cameron Crazy
11-11-2007, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Should be a blowout. If we play our game it should be a good win for us, but I am not counting out anyone.

Dalhart has a stud running back, so I have heard. They really do not have much power in there district so we will see.

Who does snyder have friday?

Snyder_TigerFan
11-11-2007, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
If we play our game it should be a good win for us, but I am not counting out anyone.

Dalhart has a stud running back, so I have heard. They really do not have much power in there district so we will see.

Who does snyder have friday?

Brownfield, who I just noticed put a whoopin on Dalhart, 40-12.:eek:

Cameron Crazy
11-11-2007, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Brownfield, who I just noticed put a whoopin on Dalhart, 40-12.:eek: wow. I didnt notice that.

Well good luck to Snyder.

Maybe we will see yall down the road. ;)

Wolf Playa
11-11-2007, 10:44 PM
One reason Dalhart took a woopin is because we had 6 starters who played both ways out, and they took advantage of it, Brownfield isnt really all that good, i know they have a decent record and smashed us, but i would like to see us have a rematch with brownfield with all of our players healthy.

MarginalTalent
11-12-2007, 12:58 AM
Maybe next year

KTA
11-13-2007, 02:00 AM
Case played great....even called an audible at the line for a big gain.

The main thing I noticed was the play calling didnt force Case to make difficult throws that were not needed. I think thats the first time I seen that all year.

The defense struggled with the run worse then they had all year long, the end around's were killing them. They never seemed to do any adjusting to stop it.