11-10-2007, 01:25 AM
The PLAYOFFS! Who wins this one?

Old Tiger
11-10-2007, 01:28 AM
Needville

State_In_08
11-10-2007, 01:29 AM
Lets Go Rattlers!

First playoff appearance in 3 years! Bring on the Bluejays. The football team will avenge a loss to Needville last year in baseball... Rattlers win 42-21.

IHStangFan
11-10-2007, 01:32 AM
GO JAYS!!!!!

Beware of the Bird!!

State_In_08
11-10-2007, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
GO JAYS!!!!!

Beware of the Bird!!

Good luck to you!

I hope they dont (and dont think they will) take you guys lightly, I'm sure y'all can play if your 8-2.

HEMOTOXIC
11-10-2007, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Needville

Why isn't anyone surprised that you are picking Needville? In your eyes, no matter who plays Navasota the other team is going to come out on top, right? I guess in your situation, you are jealous for some reason. Be like the rest of you know who and join the Rattlers in Navasota. :rolleyes: Atleast they are not so grumpy all the time.

navscanmaster
11-10-2007, 01:49 AM
Thursday stinks for a game. I have to work. Don't talk too much trash about Needville, they run the football just like the other teams we have had trouble with. I think that the Rattlers will find a way to win, and as usual, the 4th quarter will be an exciting one. No score in mind, just think that the Rattlers will do what it takes to win, whatever that may be.

Rattlesnake_08
11-10-2007, 02:58 AM
Is Klien Memorial the official?

Old Tiger
11-10-2007, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Why isn't anyone surprised that you are picking Needville? In your eyes, no matter who plays Navasota the other team is going to come out on top, right? I guess in your situation, you are jealous for some reason. Be like the rest of you know who and join the Rattlers in Navasota. :rolleyes: Atleast they are not so grumpy all the time. I only picked them in spite of you :)

Jealous of Navasota? No way. That town is boring and well lets just say not very good.

Rattlesnake_08
11-10-2007, 11:14 AM
Folks were posting about this game three weeks before it was even official...Hopefully this thread won't get out of hand this week, but I doubt that will happen...I think by mid-week this thread is going to be so far off topic it won't even be funny.

Rattlesnake_08
11-10-2007, 05:51 PM
Just getting this thread back on top.

State_In_08
11-10-2007, 07:20 PM
I only picked them in spite of you :)

Jealous of Navasota? No way. That town is boring and well lets just say not very good.

I could've sworn I just saw you say the exact opposite in another thread. :D

Old Tiger
11-10-2007, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by State_In_08
I could've sworn I just saw you say the exact opposite in another thread. :D Navasota is boring. :D

duke55
11-10-2007, 07:22 PM
going for the D24 team since most people are saying D23 will dominate D24..which they mite but still...Needville wins by 7

State_In_08
11-10-2007, 07:24 PM
As I have said before your town is a great town and I have family there so I respect.

:cool:

Old Tiger
11-10-2007, 07:25 PM
:cool: What I had really meant the historical significance of your town is great :D

buff4ever
11-10-2007, 08:35 PM
I definetely think that navasota can win, they seem to play according to who they are playing and hopefully they will realize that needville is worthy of navasota's best. Still think that navasota can win this game.

With all of this being said, how many basketball players play on navasota's football team?

Pratt..................how many?

IHStangFan
11-10-2007, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
I definetely think that navasota can win, they seem to play according to who they are playing and hopefully they will realize that needville is worthy of navasota's best. Still think that navasota can win this game.

With all of this being said, how many basketball players play on navasota's football team?

Pratt..................how many? MAN you know B4E...this one has me excited. I don't think either teams has a DISTINCT advantage. From what I hear Navasota is suspect to a strong running game....hey...what a coincidence...so is Needville...and the funny part is...both teams HAVE a strong running game...this could be interesting. I'm VERY much looking forward to it. Will one or both D's step it up against the run? Will we have a 50-45 track meet? Will someone break early and it be lopsided? I think all are scenarios that could play out.

venomous tat2
11-10-2007, 10:00 PM

Pratt..................how many?
All of our players are in football except 5 stright basketball players and they are varisty players .

IHStangFan
11-11-2007, 12:23 AM
so do the teams have game film on each other? Wonder what changes if any will be made by each team to prepare to stop the other.

HEMOTOXIC
11-11-2007, 12:27 AM
Yep, should be an exciting game. Which team will rise to the occasion and play some defense? Or- Which team will have the fewest turnovers and outscore the other? Dang, I am glad we don't have to wait to Friday or Saturday for this one. And, a 45 minute drive to Klein isn't too bad either.

Go Snakes!

IHStangFan
11-11-2007, 12:32 AM
Yep, should be an exciting game. Which team will rise to the occasion and play some defense? Or- Which team will have the fewest turnovers and outscore the other? Dang, I am glad we don't have to wait to Friday or Saturday for this one. And, a 45 minute drive to Klein isn't too bad either.

Go Snakes! I hear that ...I think Klein is still a decent haul from here though. Turnovers could play a big part...Needville is pretty good at holding onto the ball. On a side note....comparing like opponents (which I know doesn't really mean a thing, just an observation) and how it might translate to the Columbus/Caldwell game....

Navasota 49
Smithville 29

Columbus 51
Smithville 32

Interesting

HEMOTOXIC
11-11-2007, 12:48 AM
I hear that ...I think Klein is still a decent haul from here though. Turnovers could play a big part...Needville is pretty good at holding onto the ball. On a side note....comparing like opponents (which I know doesn't really mean a thing, just an observation) and how it might translate to the Columbus/Caldwell game....

Navasota 49
Smithville 29

Columbus 51
Smithville 32

Interesting

Yeah, that is interesting. I was nervous playing against those Tigers of Smithville. They gave us all that we wanted. Thank God for our explosive offence as we were able to score 21 in the final quarter to beat them 49-27.
From a Rattlers fan view point, it is no secret that the Rattlers D has been suspect all season. In addition, from watching them all season, the Rattlers have shown me that they are capable of beating anybody on any given night. I know that both teams will come ready to play. It is exciting to be back in the playoffs again. As you stated, turnovers will play a key role in this game. Hey since you guys are blue and white also, maybe the Rattlers Fans should white out the game by wearing white tee's...

IHStangFan
11-11-2007, 01:17 AM
Yeah, that is interesting. I was nervous playing against those Tigers of Smithville. They gave us all that we wanted. Thank God for our explosive offence as we were able to score 21 in the final quarter to beat them 49-27.
From a Rattlers fan view point, it is no secret that the Rattlers D has been suspect all season. In addition, from watching them all season, the Rattlers have shown me that they are capable of beating anybody on any given night. I know that both teams will come ready to play. It is exciting to be back in the playoffs again. As you stated, turnovers will play a key role in this game. Hey since you guys are blue and white also, maybe the Rattlers Fans should white out the game by wearing white tee's... Same w/ Needville...they tend to play to the level of their op. at times....lately though they've been spot on. We are suspect to the run it would seem. Columbus and Sealy ran right at us and both beat us by 3. The Columbus game was AWESOME. They won in double OT on a 45 yd field goal that hit the cross bar...stopped....then rolled over...talk about intense!! I'm so stoked about the playoffs. Congrats to yall for making it back....we didn't make it last year either w/ a 7-3 record. Any of you guys interested in a meet and greet at half time?

Rattlesnake_08
11-11-2007, 03:46 AM
You know, I don't care what anyone else says...The teams that made they playoffs for D24 are good teams, that just play in a weak district...I'm looking for a great game Thurs. night against a good team. Go Rattlers!

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-11-2007, 03:50 AM
I have to go with Needville on this one.

Needville 27

Navasota 24

Final

navscanmaster
11-11-2007, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
I have to go with Needville on this one.

Needville 27

Navasota 24

Final

Fedora won't let them kick a field goal. Instinct tells me that, so in that case, it is either 28-27 Navasota if they convert that imaginary 4th down, or 28-21 Needville if they don't convert it!:D

Just kidding, it is not like me to predict any aspect of a game, because I am always dead wrong. I thought that Navasota would pick off La Grange 3 or 4 times, and we only got the one that counted at the end. I thought that Brock Fitzhenry would have 300 yards rushing against us, and he had 127. So I have given up guessing. I feel good about Navasota's chances though, because both the other games that I have been forced to listen to on the radio have been wins. Dang Thursday game:mad:

Rattlesnake_08
11-11-2007, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Fedora won't let them kick a field goal. Instinct tells me that, so in that case, it is either 28-27 Navasota if they convert that imaginary 4th down, or 28-21 Needville if they don't convert it!:D

Just kidding, it is not like me to predict any aspect of a game, because I am always dead wrong. I thought that Navasota would pick off La Grange 3 or 4 times, and we only got the one that counted at the end. I thought that Brock Fitzhenry would have 300 yards rushing against us, and he had 127. So I have given up guessing. I feel good about Navasota's chances though, because both the other games that I have been forced to listen to on the radio have been wins. Dang Thursday game:mad:

Listening to the radio guys is a good alternative though. They always do a good broadcast of the game.

tigerpride_08
11-11-2007, 02:14 PM
i think the Jays have the best chance for winning from the other 24-3A teams...i think the runningbacks combo will do some damage...

Rattlesnake_08
11-11-2007, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
i think the Jays have the best chance for winning from the other 24-3A teams...i think the runningbacks combo will do some damage...

Columbus has a pretty good shot as well.

Rattlesnake_08
11-11-2007, 03:15 PM
Same w/ Needville...they tend to play to the level of their op. at times....lately though they've been spot on. We are suspect to the run it would seem. Columbus and Sealy ran right at us and both beat us by 3. The Columbus game was AWESOME. They won in double OT on a 45 yd field goal that hit the cross bar...stopped....then rolled over...talk about intense!! I'm so stoked about the playoffs. Congrats to yall for making it back....we didn't make it last year either w/ a 7-3 record. Any of you guys interested in a meet and greet at half time?

Sure.

Darren
11-11-2007, 03:16 PM
Represent the district...

Navasota by 14...

Rattlesnake_08
11-11-2007, 03:21 PM
Is there any stats available for Needville?

tigerpride_08
11-11-2007, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Rattlesnake_08
Columbus has a pretty good shot as well.

yea...i don't know much about Caldwell but i just believe that district 23 was for the most part a tough district...24 had the makings to be a tough district but didn't happen...and Caldwell's only lost was to #1 Giddings...so i just think the Hornets will be more battle ready...

IHStangFan
11-11-2007, 03:44 PM
Is there any stats available for Needville? Needville's stats previous to week 10 (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73922&highlight=Needville)

Rattlesnake_08
11-11-2007, 03:58 PM
Needville's stats previous to week 10 (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73922&highlight=Needville)

Thanks.

buff4life
11-11-2007, 04:06 PM
I think Navasota has more talent than Needville but they rarely seem to play like that...

I want to pick Navasota, but i don't know what team will come out...if the flat one comes out, then Needville and vice versa

Rattlesnake_08
11-11-2007, 04:26 PM
I'm pretty sure the "flat one" won't come out Thursday night...This is too big of an atmosphere for the kids not bring their best game.

I think there are three keys to a Rattler victory:

1) Defense needs to tighten up and be able to stop the run as well as the pass, but mostly the run (they didn't look bad against the pass Fri. night). Most of all bend, but do not BREAK, keep the Needville out of the endzone on long drives.

2) Offense needs to keep doing their thing. Minimize penalties and win the turnover battle. Sustain looong drives and finish with a score.

3) Navasota will need another solid special teams performance.

With that I'll take Navasota in another close one 35-27.

Rattlesnake_08
11-11-2007, 06:15 PM
yea...i don't know much about Caldwell but i just believe that district 23 was for the most part a tough district...24 had the makings to be a tough district but didn't happen...and Caldwell's only lost was to #1 Giddings...so i just think the Hornets will be more battle ready...

True...And all season (with the exception of Giddings) they have defeated good teams 40something to 20something. So, Caldwell will most likely prevail through the first round. Although, Col. won't be easy...

44INAROW
11-11-2007, 07:27 PM
Go Needville......... :clap: :clap:

HEMOTOXIC
11-12-2007, 01:14 AM
:) Just getting the thread back to the top. 3 More days til Thursday!

Go Snakes!

Rattlesnake_08
11-12-2007, 07:15 PM
Looks like Navasota and Needville already said everything they had to say...

Rattlesnake_08
11-12-2007, 07:52 PM
Whose the home team?

ronwx5x
11-12-2007, 08:13 PM
Whose the home team?
Again, who is home team?

Rattlesnake_08
11-12-2007, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Again, who is home team?

Does anybody know?

ronwx5x
11-12-2007, 08:19 PM
Does anybody know?
I'm thinking of going, '08, but I need to know which side to sit on. I went to the Columbus/Needville game and also the Giddings/Navasota game. I was more impressed with Navasota, bu maybe because Needville lost unexpectedly.

Rattlesnake_08
11-12-2007, 08:21 PM
I'm thinking of going, '08, but I need to know which side to sit on. I went to the Columbus/Needville game and also the Giddings/Navasota game. I was more impressed with Navasota, bu maybe because Needville lost unexpectedly.

Which side do you want to sit with?

ronwx5x
11-12-2007, 08:25 PM
Which side do you want to sit with?
Sorry, my secret. Just kidding, Navasota, but regardless, if I don't know who the home teamis, I can just about guarantee I will be on the wrong side!

The bad part about Klein Memorial is that the stadium entrances are both on very busy streets and many people will be going home around game time.

Rattlesnake_08
11-12-2007, 08:28 PM
Sorry, my secret. Just kidding, Navasota, but regardless, if I don't know who the home teamis, I can just about guarantee I will be on the wrong side!

The bad part about Klein Memorial is that the stadium entrances are both on very busy streets and many people will be going home around game time.

Yeah, I was asking somebody for directions the other day, and they were talking about the home side being easy to get to, but to get to the visitor side you had to go down the street two miles, take a left, and then a right, and then turn right at a stop light. something complex like that.

ronwx5x
11-12-2007, 08:35 PM
Yeah, I was asking somebody for directions the other day, and they were talking about the home side being easy to get to, but to get to the visitor side you had to go down the street two miles, take a left, and then a right, and then turn right at a stop light. something complex like that.
Not sure where they were giving you directions from. The stadium is near the corner of Steubner Airline and Louetta. The north entrance (home) is impossible to get into if you are heading west on Louetta. You would have to go quite a distance, u-turn, then try to get back. The east entrance (visitor) is a right turn if you are southbound on Steubner Airline but again, very difficult if northbound.

With all that said, if Navasota is visitor, go southbound on Steubner Airline from Louetta and turn right. If Navasota is the home team, try to come in from the west and turn right into the home parking lot off Louetta. Good luck however you do it.

Rattlesnake_08
11-12-2007, 08:37 PM
Not sure where they were giving you directions from. The stadium is near the corner of Steubner Airline and Louetta. The north entrance (home) is impossible to get into if you are heading west on Louetta. You would have to go quite a distance, u-turn, then try to get back. The east entrance (visitor) is a right turn if you are southbound on Steubner Airline but again, very difficult if northbound.

With all that said, if Navasota is visitor, go southbound on Steubner Airline from Louetta and turn right. If Navasota is the home team, try to come in from the west and turn right into the home parking lot off Louetta. Good luck however you do it.

Thank you for the info.

48minutes
11-12-2007, 09:06 PM
I dont know much about Needville, but I want Navasota to represent the district well. So Go Rattlers, play as tough as you did against Giddings and you WILL WIN.

striker
11-12-2007, 09:48 PM
The Rattlers will be the visitors. Needville is home.

buff4ever
11-12-2007, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by striker
The Rattlers will be the visitors. Needville is home.

Maybe, but the rattlers will be the winners too.

IHStangFan
11-12-2007, 10:16 PM
Maybe, but the rattlers will be the winners too. MAN....everyone is so convinced of this...theres gonna be a buncha :crying: :weeping: :bigcry: if Needville wins.....but that's alright....it'll make rubbing the "Navasota WILL win" people's face in it that much more gratifying. :D

Bull19
11-12-2007, 10:19 PM
I THINK NAVASOTA WILL WIN THIS ONE PRETTY EASY

Rattlesnake_08
11-12-2007, 11:04 PM
MAN....everyone is so convinced of this...theres gonna be a buncha :crying: :weeping: :bigcry: if Needville wins.....but that's alright....it'll make rubbing the "Navasota WILL win" people's face in it that much more gratifying. :D

Those aren't even Navasota people saying that.

IHStangFan
11-12-2007, 11:08 PM
Those aren't even Navasota people saying that. Yeah....it appears to all be Bellville posters. I just saw where one of them just gave all the D23 teams byes in the first round. I'll be sure to call Needville, Columbus and Sealy and let em know.

Seriously though. How's it going this evening 08? I'm psyched about this game. Just found where I might be able to listen to it online, as I'm not sure if I'm gonna be able to make it. Wifey still in the hospital. :(

Rattlesnake_08
11-12-2007, 11:10 PM
Yeah....it appears to all be Bellville posters. I just saw where one of them just gave all the D23 teams byes in the first round. I'll be sure to call Needville, Columbus and Sealy and let em know.

Seriously though. How's it going this evening 08? I'm psyched about this game. Just found where I might be able to listen to it online, as I'm not sure if I'm gonna be able to make it. Wifey still in the hospital. :(

Not bad. You?

I just can't wait for the game. I'm glad its on a Thursday, because it'll be here before you know it.

IHStangFan
11-12-2007, 11:12 PM
Not bad. You?

I just can't wait for the game. I'm glad its on a Thursday, because it'll be here before you know it. Yup...and for some people...they might be able to squeeze 2 games in this week if their evenings are free!

I was lookin at Navasota's stats. The teams actually seem pretty similar in stats...but Navasota seems to live a little more by the big play judging by their passing/rushing yrd avg...that and they have play-breakers. Could be a battle of a ball control team vs a wide open team. Makes for an interesting matchup.

Rattlesnake_08
11-12-2007, 11:17 PM
Yup...and for some people...they might be able to squeeze 2 games in this week if their evenings are free!

I was lookin at Navasota's stats. The teams actually seem pretty similar in stats...but Navasota seems to live a little more by the big play judging by their passing/rushing yrd avg...that and they have play-breakers. Could be a battle of a ball control team vs a wide open team. Makes for an interesting matchup.

Well in rushing Pratt always seems to get 5, 7, 1o yds. every carry no matter what...But yeah, the passing games heavy on big plays.

But yeah, it will be a good match-up, and IMO could either wind-up a shoot-out or could be a extremely close, low scoring game.

HEMOTOXIC
11-12-2007, 11:17 PM
How is traffic coming from the Tomball area vs. coming down 290/1960 around game time? Anybody?

IHStangFan
11-12-2007, 11:22 PM
Well in rushing Pratt always seems to get 5, 7, 1o yds. every carry no matter what...But yeah, the passing games heavy on big plays.

But yeah, it will be a good match-up, and IMO could either wind-up a shoot-out or could be a extremely close, low scoring game. yeah....I have a few diff. views on how it could turn out. Needville has come from behind in a few games this year, but I know they do NOT want to let Navasota out front early, as it'd be an incredibly hard uphill battle to come back against the Rattlers. With that being said, Navasota will need to stay w/ the ground game and make it work. Needville has had pretty good success at stopping the pass...especially teams that like to go for the big play. They seem to be able to shut that down. I think if Navasota can pounce early, Needville may be in trouble, but if Navasota lets Needville control the tempo of the game w/ their ball/clock control style of game they like, and keep Navasota's O off the field, it could go the other way. I also find myself wondering who's D will step up and stop who's running game. Looking at stats...both of these teams would rather run the ball, and I'm sure both coaches know this. Navasota's wide open style...or Needville's grind it and control the tempo style. Coaching will HAVE to come into play in this game as well. Man..the more I sit and think about it...the more I just don't know....but thats alright...makes the game that much more exciting.

Rattlesnake_08
11-12-2007, 11:25 PM
yeah....I have a few diff. views on how it could turn out. Needville has come from behind in a few games this year, but I know they do NOT want to let Navasota out front early, as it'd be an incredibly hard uphill battle to come back against the Rattlers. With that being said, Navasota will need to stay w/ the ground game and make it work. Needville has had pretty good success at stopping the pass...especially teams that like to go for the big play. They seem to be able to shut that down. I think if Navasota can pounce early, Needville may be in trouble, but if Navasota lets Needville control the tempo of the game w/ their ball/clock control style of game they like, and keep Navasota's O off the field, it could go the other way. I also find myself wondering who's D will step up and stop who's running game. Looking at stats...both of these teams would rather run the ball, and I'm sure both coaches know this. Navasota's wide open style...or Needville's grind it and control the tempo style. Coaching will HAVE to come into play in this game as well. Man..the more I sit and think about it...the more I just don't know....but thats alright...makes the game that much more exciting.

Lol, yeah I know...Once again a "match of equals" for the Rattlers. Its going to be incredible to see both teams rise to the occasion.

Bull19
11-12-2007, 11:29 PM
IF NEEDVILLE WANTS ANY CHANCE OF WINNING THIS GAME THEY MUST STOP NAVASOTA'S SCREENS

HEMOTOXIC

But yeah, it will be a good match-up, and IMO could either wind-up a shoot-out or could be a extremely close, low scoring game.

Dito...I know that the Boys are ready for this game....We (the fans) would like to see that defense that battled Giddings to show up on Thursday. If the defense can limit big plays, force some punts, and create some turn overs, I like our chances. All season, no one has stopped the offense but the offense themselves. I think that it is crucial that we establish our passing game and others in our offense (i.e. #5, #6, #11,#4, #3, etc....) because the BlueJays will definately be looking for #22. Keep the BlueJays guessing and on their toes....Minimize our mistakes and stay focus....DON'T STOP TIL YOU HEAR A WHISTLE! This may be one of these La Grange type games where it takes ALL 4 Quarters before the winner is decided....

Rattlesnake_08
Originally posted by Bull19
IF NEEDVILLE WANTS ANY CHANCE OF WINNING THIS GAME THEY MUST STOP NAVASOTA'S SCREENS

They are pretty good, huh?

Rattlesnake_08
11-12-2007, 11:32 PM
Dito...I know that the Boys are ready for this game....We (the fans) would like to see that defense that battled Giddings to show up on Thursday. If the defense can limit big plays, force some punts, and create some turn overs, I like our chances. All season, no one has stoped the offense but the offense themselves. I think that it is crucial that we establish our passing game and others in our offense (i.e. #6, #11,#4, #3, etc....) because the BlueJays will definately be looking for #22. Keep the BlueJays guessing and on their toes....Minimize our mistakes and stay focus....DON'T STOP TIL YOU HEAR A WHISTLE! This may be one of these La Grange type games where it takes ALL 4 Quarters before the winner is decided....

Because we are putting so much hype on the performances of the offense and defense for each team, I could see this game ultimately being decided by special teams.

IHStangFan
11-12-2007, 11:32 PM
Lol, yeah I know...Once again a "match of equals" for the Rattlers. Its going to be incredible to see both teams rise to the occasion. I wouldn't call them equals....they're more a.......comparison of black to white. "Big Show Razzle Dazzle" verses "Fire for effect" I'm willing to bet that Navasota is very fun to watch because of their big play ability. Needville is more like watching a ...hmmm....well for me its like a NASCAR race...it's watchable, its methodical and you know theres a point...but it just seems a long time getting to it.....you know theres gonna be a buncha left turns, might be a few yellow flags, and eventually you're gonna see an exciting crash or two. That's the best analogy I can come up w/ for Needville's offense. They get the job done, but there's usually no razzle dazzle to it.

IHStangFan
11-12-2007, 11:34 PM
Because we are putting so much hype on the performances of the offense and defense for each team, I could see this game ultimately being decided by special teams. LOL...then we're in trouble. We have not had a very strong showing in the FG dept. this year that I've seen.

HEMOTOXIC
11-12-2007, 11:34 PM
Because we are putting so much hype on the performances of the offense and defense for each team, I could see this game ultimately being decided by special teams.

True, let me add #15..etc...lol

Rattlesnake_08
11-12-2007, 11:35 PM
LOL...then we're in trouble. We have not had a very strong showing in the FG dept. this year that I've seen.

Lol, that's where I would my money on our team, because our special teams are always solid.

HEMOTOXIC
11-12-2007, 11:36 PM
LOL...then we're in trouble. We have not had a very strong showing in the FG dept. this year that I've seen.

Our special teams units are not bad at all....Hey, this could make to be a Navasota vs. Cleveland type of game.

IHStangFan
11-12-2007, 11:37 PM
Lol, that's where I would my money on our team, because our special teams are always solid. Columbus has a good FG kicker! :doh: LOL.

Rattlesnake_08
11-12-2007, 11:37 PM
Our special teams units are not bad at all....Hey, this could make to be a Navasota vs. Cleveland type of game.

Goodness! 80 plays, which way?

IHStangFan
11-12-2007, 11:41 PM
So w/ Needville being the "home" team...I guess we'll be in blue, and the Rattlers will be in white?

HEMOTOXIC
11-12-2007, 11:41 PM
Goodness! 80 plays, which way?

I sure hope not....Homecoming and bored to death...I almost feel asleep until the 4th quarter touchdown by the Rattlers.....:doh:

HEMOTOXIC
11-12-2007, 11:42 PM
So w/ Needville being the "home" team...I guess we'll be in blue, and the Rattlers will be in white?

Correct

Rattlesnake_08
11-12-2007, 11:43 PM
I sure hope not....Homecoming and bored to death...I almost feel asleep until the 4th quarter touchdown by the Rattlers.....:doh:

What kind of team runs 80 offensive plays anyways? Lol, j/k.

I guess one that ends up making the playoffs.

IHStangFan
11-12-2007, 11:44 PM
I sure hope not....Homecoming and bored to death...I almost feel asleep until the 4th quarter touchdown by the Rattlers.....:doh: LOL. I tell ya....our game this year against Santa Fe.....it got called by lightening in the early part of the 2nd Q.....so we all sat there for another probably hour and a half at LEAST as they kept telling us...5 more mins. and we'll be ready to go. FINALLY they told us the game was over.....14 to 0 us. The first Q was exciting....but MAN was I ever PO'd and bored.

State_In_08
11-12-2007, 11:46 PM
So both teams run the ball a little... this could be a quick game.

HEMOTOXIC
11-12-2007, 11:49 PM
What kind of team runs 80 offensive plays anyways? Lol, j/k.

I guess one that ends up making the playoffs.

Well, defensively, the Indians knew that they couldn't stop the Rattlers. It was great game planning by the Indain coaching staff.

IHStangFan
11-12-2007, 11:51 PM
So both teams run the ball a little... this could be a quick game. yeah, both seem that they would rather run it, but it also seems both can pass the ball a little too.

State_In_08
11-12-2007, 11:51 PM
Well, defensively, the Indians knew that they couldn't stop the Rattlers. It was great game planning by the Indain coaching staff.

Exactly. He knew it was going to be a shoot out so he tried to out-shoot us.

HEMOTOXIC
11-12-2007, 11:52 PM
LOL. I tell ya....our game this year against Santa Fe.....it got called by lightening in the early part of the 2nd Q.....so we all sat there for another probably hour and a half at LEAST as they kept telling us...5 more mins. and we'll be ready to go. FINALLY they told us the game was over.....14 to 0 us. The first Q was exciting....but MAN was I ever PO'd and bored.

Im sure that there will not be anything boring about Thursday's game. We will probably have to stand the entire game...Hey, as a matter of fact, I think that I will stand in the student section this week.......Hopefully they will sit by the band...They were rocking Friday.

State_In_08
11-12-2007, 11:54 PM
Im sure that there will not be anything boring about Thursday's game. We will probably have to stand the entire game...Hey, as a matter of fact, I think that I will stand in the student section this week.......Hopefully they will sit by the band...They were rocking Friday.

Who? The band or the students? I know we (the students) got a lot of chants going.

IHStangFan
11-12-2007, 11:57 PM
Im sure that there will not be anything boring about Thursday's game. We will probably have to stand the entire game...Hey, as a matter of fact, I think that I will stand in the student section this week.......Hopefully they will sit by the band...They were rocking Friday. gotta love a good band. I don't know if you caught my comments on it in the N'ville/WC thread...but WC's band was AWESOME!! Big band, sounded great, and the musical scores were AMAZING....lots of old 70s rock and disco songs. Was enjoyable. I think we're doing Malaguena (spelling)...the traditional spanish tune. Pretty decent. Do you know what you guys are gonna be playing? Back to football.....lets just hope it doesn't rain!!! LOL.

HEMOTOXIC
11-12-2007, 11:57 PM
Who? The band or the students? I know we (the students) got a lot of chants going.

Both...Mr. Mable/ Mr. England...etc...are doing a great job with the Rattler Band...hopefully they can get the numbers back up...and the Diamonettes rock too.

HEMOTOXIC
11-13-2007, 12:02 AM
gotta love a good band. I don't know if you caught my comments on it in the N'ville/WC thread...but WC's band was AWESOME!! Big band, sounded great, and the musical scores were AMAZING....lots of old 70s rock and disco songs. Was enjoyable. I think we're doing Malaguena (spelling)...the traditional spanish tune. Pretty decent. Do you know what you guys are gonna be playing? Back to football.....lets just hope it doesn't rain!!! LOL.

The band plays a mix of old and new.....tunes from Drum Line, ESPN, R&B, Oldies....etc.....Its amazing...When I was in school, we played alot of music that I had never heard. It is good that the directors listen to their students and allow them to play songs that they enjoy...Although our band isn't big anymore from the nearly 200 in the 80's, they are an excellent band.

State_In_08
11-13-2007, 12:03 AM
gotta love a good band. I don't know if you caught my comments on it in the N'ville/WC thread...but WC's band was AWESOME!! Big band, sounded great, and the musical scores were AMAZING....lots of old 70s rock and disco songs. Was enjoyable. I think we're doing Malaguena (spelling)...the traditional spanish tune. Pretty decent. Do you know what you guys are gonna be playing? Back to football.....lets just hope it doesn't rain!!! LOL.

I've heard that about their band.

Our band usually plays the entire game... they've been taught a lot by former PVAMU band member and assistant band director Mr. Mable, and they keep it pumped up the whole time. At halftime I believe they play the 007 theme.

Yes, for Gods sake lets hope it doesn't rain. lol

State_In_08
11-13-2007, 12:04 AM
Both...Mr. Mable/ Mr. England...etc...are doing a great job with the Rattler Band...hopefully they can get the numbers back up...and the Diamonettes rock too.

Personally I know the students like to sit away from the band so as to get a two-sided effect going, that way all the parents and older folk in the middle will get a little pumped too.

IHStangFan
11-13-2007, 12:06 AM
yeah...love a good band. When I was in HS, we had 411 students at Ingleside HS....I think over 130 of them were in band. We had a great director and had something like 30 consecutive 1s. A good band is half the reason I go to games.

Yeah...rain would make things WAY too interesting for me and my old heart. LOL.

State_In_08
11-13-2007, 12:09 AM
yeah...love a good band. When I was in HS, we had 411 students at Ingleside HS....I think over 130 of them were in band. We had a great director and had something like 30 consecutive 1s. A good band is half the reason I go to games.

Wow, I don't think we have nearly that many in our band.

You never know how the ball could slip when it rains... for either team.

HEMOTOXIC
11-13-2007, 12:12 AM
Personally I know the students like to sit away from the band so as to get a two-sided effect going, that way all the parents and older folk in the middle will get a little pumped too.

lol...Right....

IHStangFan
11-13-2007, 12:12 AM
Wow, I don't think we have nearly that many in our band.

You never know how the ball could slip when it rains... for either team. yeah....exactly...rain kinda throws the proverbial steering wheel out the window. NO RAIN!! I wanna see both teams at their best!

orangeblood
11-13-2007, 12:13 AM
Hey Navasota, no knocks here... but you need to quit playing to your opponents level and start playing to yours. Because it can be very good and take you deep into the play-offs..... Good Luck Thursday make D23 great....

HEMOTOXIC
11-13-2007, 12:15 AM

A cold front is supposed to come in Wednesday Night....So, should be clear, I hope!

HEMOTOXIC
11-13-2007, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by orangeblood
Hey Navasota, no knocks here... but you need to quit playing to your opponents level and start playing to yours. Because it can be very good and take you deep into the play-offs..... Good Luck Thursday make D23 great....

You are absolutely right!

IHStangFan
11-13-2007, 12:16 AM
A cold front is supposed to come in Wednesday Night....So, should be clear, I hope! hope it doesn't bring much rain...field could still be sloppy!! The fact that we both like to run the ball, that could change everything....I see we can both pass the ball, but as stated both would rather run, and I for one would like to see a little of BOTH! :)

State_In_08
11-13-2007, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by orangeblood

The more I talk to the guys, the more I think they realize that every game could be their last and that EVERY opponent in the playoffs is going to be the best team they've played all year. I think they're ready for it. Good luck to you guys too against Columbus.

Rattlesnake_08
11-13-2007, 12:26 AM
hope it doesn't bring much rain...field could still be sloppy!! The fact that we both like to run the ball, that could change everything....I see we can both pass the ball, but as stated both would rather run, and I for one would like to see a little of BOTH! :)

Isn't the field turf?

Rattlesnake_08
11-13-2007, 12:29 AM
The more I talk to the guys, the more I think they realize that every game could be their last and that EVERY opponent in the playoffs is going to be the best team they've played all year. I think they're ready for it. Good luck to you guys too against Columbus.

Hopefully the seniors will make their presence felt on the field Thurs. night.

HEMOTOXIC
11-13-2007, 12:29 AM
Isn't the field turf?

I think so....CBS out of Bryan/CS is calling for a high of 70 and lows in the upper 40's low 50's Thursday.

State_In_08
11-13-2007, 12:31 AM
Isn't the field turf?

If it is, the field won't get "sloppy" but turf is really easy to slip on when its wet, especially with turf shoes.

Rattlesnake_08
11-13-2007, 12:32 AM
I think so....CBS out of Bryan/CS is calling for a high of 70 and lows in the upper 40's low 50's Thursday.

Maybe it'll actually feel like its the middle of November rather than September...I've never seen such freakin' ridiculous November weather in my life.

HEMOTOXIC
11-13-2007, 12:34 AM
Maybe it'll actually feel like its the middle of November rather than September...I've never seen such freakin' ridiculous November weather in my life.

Dito...It is driving me crazy! I can't clear my allergies with this type of weather.

State_In_08
11-13-2007, 12:36 AM

I couldn't agree more.

HEMOTOXIC
11-13-2007, 12:36 AM
Does anyone know how the V Girls basketball did tonight @ Brenham?

Crow22
11-13-2007, 12:48 AM
If it is, the field won't get "sloppy" but turf is really easy to slip on when its wet, especially with turf shoes.

Nobody will be wearing "turf"shoes.

Cleats are just fine on field turf. It won't be slippery at all.

State_In_08
11-13-2007, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by Crow22
Nobody will be wearing "turf"shoes.

Cleats are just fine on field turf. It won't be slippery at all.

I didn't know it was FIELD turf. From the picture on Texas Bob, it looked like carpet turf.

hookandladder
11-13-2007, 07:27 AM
Needless to say I was very impressed with Navasota's talent accross the board, If they can play up to the potential they can make a long run in the playoffs. With this being said I will pick Navasota by 2 TDs could be 3 if Pratt gets in the secondary at full steam. The man is a beast to bring down if he is at full speed. Now if Needville can keep Navasota from getting to the edge, I would say they would have a chance.On a side note I know someone from Navasota made a comment about there teams play calling, I must admitt there were some questionable plays called against us. Good Luck to both teams.

navscanmaster
11-13-2007, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Needless to say I was very impressed with Navasota's talent accross the board, If they can play up to the potential they can make a long run in the playoffs. With this being said I will pick Navasota by 2 TDs could be 3 if Pratt gets in the secondary at full steam. The man is a beast to bring down if he is at full speed. Now if Needville can keep Navasota from getting to the edge, I would say they would have a chance.On a side note I know someone from Navasota made a comment about there teams play calling, I must admitt there were some questionable plays called against us. Good Luck to both teams.

Like throwing the ball on third down with 80 seconds left in the game, LG out of TO's, deep in LG territory and a worn down LG defense, only to see it fall incomplete and save 30-35 seconds for LG to attempt a game-tying drive? yeah, that has been rehashed over and over again these last few days! LUOL (laughing uneasily out loud)

State_In_08
11-13-2007, 10:57 AM
I didn't say anything. :wave:

RattlerDude
11-13-2007, 12:02 PM
I will take Navasota to win. I won't say by how much because I am not sure. I think Navasota will be able to pull this one off though. Its gonna be a good one.

RattlerDude
11-13-2007, 12:19 PM
Same w/ Needville...they tend to play to the level of their op. at times....lately though they've been spot on. We are suspect to the run it would seem. Columbus and Sealy ran right at us and both beat us by 3. The Columbus game was AWESOME. They won in double OT on a 45 yd field goal that hit the cross bar...stopped....then rolled over...talk about intense!! I'm so stoked about the playoffs. Congrats to yall for making it back....we didn't make it last year either w/ a 7-3 record. Any of you guys interested in a meet and greet at half time?

Sure, why not?

State_In_08
11-13-2007, 06:32 PM
Getting it back to the first page.

IHStangFan
11-13-2007, 06:48 PM
BEWARE OF THE BIRD!!!! GO JAYS!!! :clap:

HEMOTOXIC
11-13-2007, 07:35 PM
dito!

Go Snakes!

Rattlesnake_08
11-13-2007, 09:18 PM
Did anyone hear what the Needville newspaper wrote about Navasota?

HEMOTOXIC
11-13-2007, 11:48 PM

No...whats the link?

IHStangFan
11-13-2007, 11:49 PM
Needville has a news paper? Yes...link please.

Rattlesnake_08
11-14-2007, 12:15 AM
I think the article about the game was in either in the Ft. Bend Star or the Ft. Bend Sun or something like that.

HEMOTOXIC
11-14-2007, 12:19 AM
ok, thanx.

Rattlesnake_08
11-14-2007, 12:20 AM
Yeah, I can't find the article online anywhere.

IHStangFan
11-14-2007, 12:21 AM
Can't find anything.

HEMOTOXIC
11-14-2007, 12:24 AM
Can't find anything.

me either

Rattlesnake_08
11-14-2007, 12:26 AM
I'll find it again tomorrow.

State_In_08
11-14-2007, 01:10 AM
Not much left to be said in this thread besides...

1 Day til Gameday!

GO RATTLERS! BEAT THOSE BLUEJAYS!

HEMOTOXIC
11-14-2007, 01:17 AM
I was thinking the same thing. I sure hope that the boys are pumped up!

RattlerDude
11-14-2007, 10:39 AM
I was thinking the same thing. I sure hope that the boys are pumped up!

Yeah they are ready to go! I can't wait either.

RattlerDude
11-14-2007, 10:41 AM

That article pissed me off. If Needville thinks Navasota is weak, then they got another thing coming. Watch, they'll see on Thursday who was lucky to get who as an opponent for the first round.

Old Tiger
11-14-2007, 10:42 AM
Thaddeus will run all over the Navasota D.

pirate4state
11-14-2007, 10:53 AM
One more day! Good Luck Needville!!

Crow22
11-14-2007, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by RattlerDude
That article pissed me off. If Needville thinks Navasota is weak, then they got another thing coming. Watch, they'll see on Thursday who was lucky to get who as an opponent for the first round.

Who on Earth from Needville EVER said Navasota was weak? Can you post what it said?

The Ft. Bend Herald doesn't speak for Needville.

This game is going to be a great one.

Rattlesnake_08
11-14-2007, 01:09 PM

Probably not.

IHStangFan
11-14-2007, 01:13 PM
Probably not. but just MAYBE... :p

Rattlesnake_08
11-14-2007, 01:14 PM
but just MAYBE... :p

If he's lucky.

IHStangFan
11-14-2007, 01:24 PM
If he's lucky. I can't find anyone to go w/ me to the game...I may just head over to the hospital and listen to it on the internet w/ my wife...shes a big Jays fan too :)

Rattlesnake_08
11-14-2007, 01:27 PM
I can't find anyone to go w/ me to the game...I may just head over to the hospital and listen to it on the internet w/ my wife...shes a big Jays fan too :)

That's kool.

HEMOTOXIC
11-14-2007, 01:30 PM
Who on Earth from Needville EVER said Navasota was weak? Can you post what it said?

The Ft. Bend Herald doesn't speak for Needville.

This game is going to be a great one.

Maybe the Herald doesn't speak for the Needville Bluejays, but it has been written. In fact, the Herald was only quoting what the the Head Coach from Needville had to say. The players and coaches did get to see what has been written about them and how lucky Needville is to play Navasota in the first round because of them having a weak defense. The article is posted all over the Rattlers locker room. Maybe this was what the Rattlers needed to get them focused. The players and the coaches are really ticked about it and hopefully they will show just how ticked they are on the field tomorrow night.

Go Rattlers!

IHStangFan
11-14-2007, 02:00 PM
I have YET to find this elusive article...and nobody has been able to provide a link to said article after it has been requested several times....so I'm gonna have to call BS until a link can be provided.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a290/BAClanton/flag_bs.gif

themsu97
11-14-2007, 03:11 PM
that is easy... Navasota coach pulled a good trick but an old one... he fabricated the story to motivate his kids... to make them think that Needville does not respect them... and you use a paper that nobody reads or has heard of in Navasota... coaches do that all the time and his kids have bought into so they are preparing that much harder...but I can promise you there is no way that the hc at Needville said anything similar to that to some guy who writes for that fish wrap...

maybe it works maybe it doesn't... all I know is that Navasota has an explosive O and Needville has an O that comes right at you... two different styles but still two great O's... whoever can get the most stops on D will win...

I will pick Needville to win...

themsu97
11-14-2007, 03:14 PM
and Hemo, I will say this, if an article is what the Rattlers need to get them motivated for a playoff game, then Navasota has bigger issues...

I would think though that Navasota is pumped by being in the playoffs and maybe thier coach saw the kids with being content with just that and took this approach to get them going, if that is the case then it was a great idea...
but I would still tend to think that the Rattlers would be ready either way...
great game it will be...

Old Tiger
11-14-2007, 03:15 PM
A hometown newspaper should never be bias toward the hometown team!:rolleyes:

themsu97
11-14-2007, 03:16 PM
it is not really a hometown newspaper... it really is a fishwrap... but it is the closest paper to Needville..

Crow22
11-14-2007, 03:21 PM
Funny...I live here and can't seem to find the article.

And, I assure you, there's no disrespecting of Navasota on our part. They're loaded with talent and are well coached. In fact, 95% of the people on this board are from Giddings, Navasota, or Liberty Hill....not sure anyone else could get a word in edge-wise...lol...

Both teams will be ready. Should be a war. Can't wait!

venomous tat2
11-14-2007, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by themsu97
and Hemo, I will say this, if an article is what the Rattlers need to get them motivated for a playoff game, then Navasota has bigger issues...

I would think though that Navasota is pumped by being in the playoffs and maybe thier coach saw the kids with being content with just that and took this approach to get them going, if that is the case then it was a great idea...
great game it will be...

It's not all about motivation to me or the guys it's more about respect for your opponent and the head coach making statements
about how weak he thinks our D is and what we have done in previous years, and the heading for that article " Needville's lucky to get Navasota instead of La Grange , because they would rather play us instead of L G, he needs to remember they have to play defense too. I can see posters talking down an a team but for the head coach to do it in the newspaper to me is very wrong.
BOTTOM LINE be careful what you wish for !! If we are playing a team that is not very good our head coach is gonna say something positive about that team and that is the respect factor
:mad: :mad: :thinking:

Bull19
11-14-2007, 03:46 PM
could this all be just a little motivation booster the coaches cracked up???? when i was in school in bellville we used to get things like this as well put up in the locker room, and half of the time they were all fake.

Crow22
11-14-2007, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by venomous tat2
It's not all about motivation to me or the guys it's more about respect for your opponent and the head coach making statements
about how weak he thinks our D is and what we have done in previous years, and the heading for that article " Needville's lucky to get Navasota instead of La Grange , because they would rather play us instead of L G, he needs to remember they have to play defense too. I can see posters talking down an a team but for the head coach to do it in the newspaper to me is very wrong.
BOTTOM LINE be careful what you wish for !! If we are playing a team that is not very good our head coach is gonna say something positive about that team and that is the respect factor
:mad: :mad: :thinking:

This is COMPLETELY silly because we would not have been playing La Grange EITHER WAY...lol....

If La Grange had beaten you, we would be playing Giddings. LG was never in the picture. Looks to me like somebody is trying to stir up their own kids.

Kinda like my senior year, our HC mailed us seniors a box of red panties and it was "addressed" from our opponent. Of course, our opponent had no idea and didn't do it but WE didn't know that. Well, our HC had no clue that we seniors had stuffed those things in our football thighpad holders. We pulled them out on the 50 yard line before the game. Our opponent had no idea what the heck was going on...we thought we were showing them up....it was hilarious. Our HC told us after we won that he'd been the one to do it. We felt pretty bad...lol...

pirate4state
11-14-2007, 04:13 PM
This is COMPLETELY silly because we would not have been playing La Grange EITHER WAY...lol....

If La Grange had beaten you, we would be playing Giddings. LG was never in the picture. Looks to me like somebody is trying to stir up their own kids.

Kinda like my senior year, our HC mailed us seniors a box of red panties and it was "addressed" from our opponent. Of course, our opponent had no idea and didn't do it but WE didn't know that. Well, our HC had no clue that we seniors had stuffed those things in our football thighpad holders. We pulled them out on the 50 yard line before the game. Our opponent had no idea what the heck was going on...we thought we were showing them up....it was hilarious. Our HC told us after we won that he'd been the one to do it. We felt pretty bad...lol...

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Man, please tell me someone out there has a video of this!!! Throwing down the gauntlet with red panties!!! :clap: :D

Crow22
11-14-2007, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Man, please tell me someone out there has a video of this!!! Throwing down the gauntlet with red panties!!! :clap: :D

I wish we did have a video of it....One of my buddies was on the opposing team and he said when we did it they were all going "What are they doing? Panties?? What's that for?"

lol...

Coach Elmore still tells that story today...

Who-dun-it!!?
11-14-2007, 05:01 PM
Needville in OT.

Runnin Panther
11-14-2007, 05:04 PM

This has been years and years ago, when Round Rock and Georgetown were big rivalries. The coach from Georgetown painted their toilets maroon and said the Round Rock kids had snuck in their locker room and did it. Then the Round Rock coach painted the “round rock” in Round Rock blue and said the Georgetown kids did it.

Coaches have been using these motivational tactics forever. It’s really funny, but it works.

IHStangFan
11-14-2007, 05:25 PM
yup...I agree...I think this is a coach trying to motivate his kids. I keep hearing about this article...I live in Needville...have searched ALL of the "local" papers in this area and haven't found a single article about Needville...much less their coach bashing Navasota. I don't know the Needville coach personally, but he doesn't seem the type to publicly bash an opponent, especially one of Navasota's caliber. I have still yet to see anyone claiming that this article is out there post a link to it. Funny how its only Navasota natives that have seen this article. :thinking: Good tactic by Navasota's coach...but come on people. Show me a link.

themsu97
11-14-2007, 06:16 PM
exactly Ihstang... the article does not exist... search the archives... it is not there... plus with the La Grange thing it is proven...

kids getting worked up over nothing...

well, not nothing, but this is always a good ploy by a coach to give his kids extra incentive... it works, kudos to the coach, too bad for him there are many youngsters and posters who put all this stuff out there so now those kids know that the coach put one by them,
it has been done for years and it will continue to be done in the future,

when you can produce the link and the article, then it is real, but for now, it is not...
the rest of my humble opinion I will not put out there...
but Go Jays

IHStangFan
11-14-2007, 06:38 PM
exactly Ihstang... the article does not exist... search the archives... it is not there... plus with the La Grange thing it is proven...

kids getting worked up over nothing...

well, not nothing, but this is always a good ploy by a coach to give his kids extra incentive... it works, kudos to the coach, too bad for him there are many youngsters and posters who put all this stuff out there so now those kids know that the coach put one by them,
it has been done for years and it will continue to be done in the future,

when you can produce the link and the article, then it is real, but for now, it is not...
the rest of my humble opinion I will not put out there...
but Go Jays you gonna make the game? I don't think I'm gonna be able to make it but I have the link to the webcast saved and ready for tomorrow night!

Bull19
11-14-2007, 06:40 PM
yes i am gunna make the game, thanx for asking

IHStangFan
11-14-2007, 06:40 PM
yes i am gunna make the game, thanx for asking well hell...there goes the neighborhood. :D

Bull19
11-14-2007, 06:44 PM
if u want me to ill text u updates;)

IHStangFan
11-14-2007, 06:49 PM
if u want me to ill text u updates;) appreciate the offer, but I should be able to listen to the game live on TSRN's feed. I just hope this front that is supposed to move in doesn't bring too much rain.

Bull19
11-14-2007, 06:51 PM
appreciate the offer, but I should be able to listen to the game live on TSRN's feed. I just hope this front that is supposed to move in doesn't bring too much rain.

i watched the news while ago and according to them rain is not realy expectd till saturday

IHStangFan
11-14-2007, 06:53 PM
i watched the news while ago and according to them rain is not realy expectd till saturday good good. I had read today that cooler weather was supposed to blow in this evening...but looking at the local radar I see no signs of a front just yet.

HEMOTOXIC
11-14-2007, 08:23 PM

great game it will be...

I didn't say that it takes an article to get them motivated dude. They are 7-3 on the year. All of the Rattlers loses have been to top 15 teams in 3A. So, they do a good job of motivating themselves. Yes, the Rattlers would have been ready had they not seen the article. The article just added fuel to the fire.

IHStangFan
11-14-2007, 08:24 PM
I didn't say that it takes an article to get them motivated dude. They are 7-3 on the year. All of the Rattlers loses have been to top 15 teams in 3A. So, they do a good job of motivating themselves. Yes, the Rattlers would have been ready had they not seen the article. The article just added fuel to the fire. LOL..."THE" article :D

HEMOTOXIC
11-14-2007, 08:26 PM
could this all be just a little motivation booster the coaches cracked up???? when i was in school in bellville we used to get things like this as well put up in the locker room, and half of the time they were all fake.

That's what we were thinking too. I couldn't find it either, but some other people I know printed it. The article has since then been pulled from the online site. It's all good though. No need for anyone to get upset. Let the boys handle it on the field tomorrow night. Oh, bring a jacket...Its suppose to be cold...!

Good Luck Jays and Rattlers!

IHStangFan
11-14-2007, 08:28 PM
That's what we were thinking too. I couldn't find it either, but some other people I know printed it. The article has since then been pulled from the online site. It's all good though. No need for anyone to get upset. Let's the boys handle it on the field tomorrow night. Oh, bring a jacket...Its suppose to be cold...! yeah...I had read earlier that that front is supposed to blow in tonight...any truth to it ya think?

zebrablue2
11-14-2007, 08:32 PM
bluejays by 6. good luck to both teams. should be a great game.

HEMOTOXIC
11-14-2007, 08:40 PM
yeah...I had read earlier that that front is supposed to blow in tonight...any truth to it ya think?

Well, I think it is around College Station based on the city having a wind from the North @14 miles....so, I should know something within the next 20-30 minutes or so as it moves through Navasota...I will let you know.

IHStangFan
11-14-2007, 08:47 PM
Well, I think it is around College Station based on the city having a wind from the North @14 miles....so, I should know something within the next 20-30 minutes or so as it moves through Navasota...I will let you know. LOL...yeah...I guess you're right...that ought to be an indication. And we're what....another hour south of you guys or so..give or take.

Rattlesnake_08
11-14-2007, 09:17 PM
I don't if Navasota has played with wind yet this year...

HEMOTOXIC
11-14-2007, 09:42 PM
well, the front has passed Navasota.....I was hoping for some 60 degree weather tomorrow night, that's cool enough for me....oh, well......being anemic is tough...

IHStangFan
11-14-2007, 09:43 PM
well, the front has passed Navasota.....I was hoping for some 60 degree weather tomorrow night, that's cool enough for me....oh, well......being anemic is tough... LOL..I'm just the opposite....I don't get cold easy and am usually hot...borderline sweating even when not doing anything. So its past you guys? How drastic was the temp change?

Bull19
11-14-2007, 09:48 PM
you cant really tell too much right now from the front, tomm and friday is when you will definintly notice it.

IHStangFan
11-14-2007, 09:52 PM
you cant really tell too much right now from the front, tomm and friday is when you will definintly notice it. ah...it didn't tear through there and move out quickly....cooler air still a ways behind it I guess.

Rattlesnake_08
11-14-2007, 10:01 PM
22 or so hours until game time.

IHStangFan
11-14-2007, 10:01 PM
Yeah, I'm not saying its going to be a blow-out, but I'm DEFINITELY not saying Giddings is going to lose in the first round.

But oh well. Hey 08...I've found myself wondering here lately.....the Rattler mascot....is it a kid in a suit that looks like a snake? If so...does the costume have legs...or.....hows that work? I'm pretty sure yall arent leading a 6 1/2 rattler around on a leash and giving it treats. LOL. Please discribe/explain.

Rattlesnake_08
11-14-2007, 10:03 PM
Hey 08...I've found myself wondering here lately.....the Rattler mascot....is it a kid in a suit that looks like a snake? If so...does the costume have legs...or.....hows that work? I'm pretty sure yall arent leading a 6 1/2 rattler around on a leash and giving it treats. LOL. Please discribe/explain.

Lol, its a kid in a suit that looks like a dinosaur, and its name is Venom.

pirate4state
11-14-2007, 10:04 PM
Hey 08...I've found myself wondering here lately.....the Rattler mascot....is it a kid in a suit that looks like a snake? If so...does the costume have legs...or.....hows that work? I'm pretty sure yall arent leading a 6 1/2 rattler around on a leash and giving it treats. LOL. Please discribe/explain. ummmmmm, maybe in another thread --- like the needville/navasota thread ;)

IHStangFan
11-14-2007, 10:04 PM
Lol, its a kid in a suit that looks like a dinosaur, and its name is Venom. gotcha gotcha. I was sittin here wonderin about that, LOL. The things that pop into my mind when I'm bored..I'll tell ya!

Rattlesnake_08
11-14-2007, 10:07 PM
gotcha gotcha. I was sittin here wonderin about that, LOL. The things that pop into my mind when I'm bored..I'll tell ya!

Yeah, its kinda hard to do a snake.

IHStangFan
11-14-2007, 10:09 PM
Yeah, its kinda hard to do a snake. yeah...I mean I guess they could put the kid in a suit..and stick him in a giant aquarium and roll him out there and put a heat lamp on him.....but that...ya know..might make people nervous. :D Our kid is a top heavy bluejay...the head is HUGE...kid was runnin down the sidelines a handful of weeks ago and took a pretty ugly fall. Poor kid.

Rattlesnake_08
11-14-2007, 10:09 PM
gotcha gotcha. I was sittin here wonderin about that, LOL. The things that pop into my mind when I'm bored..I'll tell ya!

I don't know how easy a bluejay would be either.

IHStangFan
11-14-2007, 10:14 PM
I don't know how easy a bluejay would be either. well..we had it's wings clipped so it cant fly....:D

Crow22
11-14-2007, 10:52 PM
That's what we were thinking too. I couldn't find it either, but some other people I know printed it. The article has since then been pulled from the online site. It's all good though. No need for anyone to get upset. Let the boys handle it on the field tomorrow night. Oh, bring a jacket...Its suppose to be cold...!

Good Luck Jays and Rattlers!

Look, I'm a coach at Needville...pretty sure most people on here know that. There has been NO article written about this at all. I asked our HC and he said he hasn't been interviewed at all. Trust me on this, we, as a staff will never disrespect our opponent. Period. This is a crackpipe story dreamed up to fire up the ol'troops. Throwing La Grange's name in there should be a tell-tell sign. LG was never in the picture. We could never have played them.

Good try fellas but you're believing a silly story that is 100% false.

Bull19
11-14-2007, 10:55 PM
Look, I'm a coach at Needville...pretty sure most people on here know that. There has been NO article written about this at all. I asked our HC and he said he hasn't been interviewed at all. Trust me on this, we, as a staff will never disrespect our opponent. Period. This is a crackpipe story dreamed up to fire up the ol'troops. Throwing La Grange's name in there should be a tell-tell sign. LG was never in the picture. We could never have played them.

i thought we had already established that this story was false:thinking:

Crow22
11-14-2007, 10:57 PM
i thought we had already established that this story was false:thinking:

Well, apparently, some people still believe this ridiculous pipe dream.

Its great if it works but it could be really bad if the players find out that its a complete lie. (which it obv is...)

IHStangFan
11-14-2007, 11:00 PM
Well, apparently, some people still believe this ridiculous pipe dream.

Its great if it works but it could be really bad if the players find out that its a complete lie. (which it obv is...) kinda what I was thinking...."this could backfire in a very bad way". I understand firing up the kids...but this was maybe an incorrect way to go about it? I don't know, I'm not a coach...just a fan of HS football. :)

State_In_08
11-14-2007, 11:27 PM

I don't know about that... Just because we couldn't keep Canto and Sims under wraps doesn't mean or defense can't hold anybody... We had Chris Whaley of Madisonville and Brock Fitzhenry pretty much shutdown.

Rattlesnake_08
11-14-2007, 11:41 PM
I don't know about that... Just because we couldn't keep Canto and Sims under wraps doesn't mean or defense can't hold anybody... We had Chris Whaley of Madisonville and Brock Fitzhenry pretty much shutdown.

More than anybody else did at least.

buff4life
11-14-2007, 11:53 PM

cough 4tds 150 or so yards... cough

HEMOTOXIC
11-14-2007, 11:57 PM
LOL..I'm just the opposite....I don't get cold easy and am usually hot...borderline sweating even when not doing anything. So its past you guys? How drastic was the temp change?

I now notice a change. Not an artic front for sure, but atleast it is cooler.

HEMOTOXIC
11-15-2007, 12:01 AM

Hey, don't shoot the messenger. I just saw the article. I did not believe it myself. If you read the post, you will see that last night we were trying to locate it. Today, however, I did read a print out. Where it came from, I don't know...I really don't care....Could it have been fabricated, maybe...To me, it justs words on paper...Nothing more, nothing less.

State_In_08
11-15-2007, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by buff4life

In 2007? That would be impossible... they only scored 21 points my friend.

His longest run of the night was 17 yards on the final drive with under 50 seconds left.

State_In_08
11-15-2007, 12:07 AM

Brock had:
28 carries, 143 yards, 3 TDs.

Whaley had:
22 carries, 137 yards, 3 TDs.

Official stats. How many other teams did that? Not saying we COMPLETELY shut them down but we slowed them down for the most part... just trying to defend a Rattler defense that everyone seems to think gives up ungodly amounts of rushing yards per game.

HEMOTOXIC
11-15-2007, 12:15 AM
Brock had:

Whaley had:

Official stats. How many other teams did that? Not saying we COMPLETELY shut them down but we slowed them down for the most part... just trying to defend a Rattler defense that everyone seems to think gives up ungodly amounts of rushing yards per game.

In those two games, the defense did a good job. Mistakes on offense and special teams hurt the Rattlers. I'm sure that the team has learned from their mistakes and will play an exceptional game tomorrow night.

Rattlesnake_08
11-15-2007, 12:59 AM
Brock had:

Whaley had:

Actually, I believe offically Brock only had 127yds.

Rattlesnake_08
11-15-2007, 01:00 AM
GAME DAY BABY!!! HERE WE GO!!!

IHStangFan
11-15-2007, 01:01 AM
GAME DAY BABY!!! HERE WE GO!!! WOOHOO!!! we're bringin it in right!!

HEMOTOXIC
11-15-2007, 01:19 AM
LETS GO SNAKES!

IHStangFan
11-15-2007, 01:21 AM
LETS GO BLUE JAYS!!!! BEWARE OF THE BIRD!!!!

Can't wait guys...can't wait!!

State_In_08
11-15-2007, 01:56 AM
Actually, I believe offically Brock only had 127yds.

Those stats are from MaxPreps. :thinking:

State_In_08
11-15-2007, 01:58 AM
GAMEDAY BABY! TIME TO BITE THE BLUEJAYS!

Haven't felt this psyched for a game since Giddings!

HEMOTOXIC
11-15-2007, 02:02 AM
LOL, well I hope that everyone else is just as pumped as you are...

State_In_08
11-15-2007, 02:04 AM
LOL, well I hope that everyone else is just as pumped as you are...

They are! They've talked about the game non-stop all week, and their motivation is to be better than that 2004 team that went 9-1... they've ridiculed the current team for some time.

HEMOTOXIC
11-15-2007, 02:07 AM
They are! They've talked about the game non-stop all week, and their motivation is to be better than that 2004 team that went 9-1... they've ridiculed the current team for some time.

Ok, well we will see tonight...Hey, those playoff tshirts are awesome!

State_In_08
11-15-2007, 02:10 AM
Ok, well we will see tonight...Hey, those playoff tshirts are awesome!

Yeah, they're pretty nice. I got mine today.

HEMOTOXIC
11-15-2007, 02:12 AM
I think that I am going to hold off till next week...Superstitious reasons...

State_In_08
11-15-2007, 02:20 AM
I think that I am going to hold off till next week...Superstitious reasons...

The same reason we aren't painting ourselves for this game.

strike hard
11-15-2007, 09:50 AM
Game day! Should be a great one tonight. Some of you Navasota guys are going to have to yell a little extra for me since I can not make it. But I will be listening to it on the net and yellin.

pirate4state
11-15-2007, 10:23 AM
Good Luck & may the best team win!

Everyone be safe on the road!

RattlerDude
11-15-2007, 11:38 AM
I'm pretty sure the "flat one" won't come out Thursday night...This is too big of an atmosphere for the kids not bring their best game.

I think there are three keys to a Rattler victory:

1) Defense needs to tighten up and be able to stop the run as well as the pass, but mostly the run (they didn't look bad against the pass Fri. night). Most of all bend, but do not BREAK, keep the Needville out of the endzone on long drives.

2) Offense needs to keep doing their thing. Minimize penalties and win the turnover battle. Sustain looong drives and finish with a score.

3) Navasota will need another solid special teams performance.

With that I'll take Navasota in another close one 35-27.

We should just shoot their wings off so they can't fly anymore. We will definitely win then. LOL

RattlerDude
11-15-2007, 11:41 AM
It is finally gameday baby! Navasota is ready to go! Actually, I think varsity basketball practice starts on Monday in Needville.

HEMOTOXIC
11-15-2007, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by strike hard
Game day! Should be a great one tonight. Some of you Navasota guys are going to have to yell a little extra for me since I can not make it. But I will be listening to it on the net and yellin.

OK, we got ya back.....

Rattlesnake_08
11-15-2007, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by RattlerDude
We should just shoot their wings off so they can't fly anymore. We will definitely win then. LOL

True, I wonder why I didn't think of that?

Rattlesnake_08
11-15-2007, 12:22 PM
Those stats are from MaxPreps. :thinking:

I just heard that from the stat guy and all.

Rattlesnake_08
11-15-2007, 01:06 PM
Game's getting closer...

Bull19
11-15-2007, 01:34 PM
just some food for thought. it is duck season and maybe the bluejay is a distant cousin of the duck???? i dont know, but if it is...i have a feeling the bird will die tonight

buff4life
11-15-2007, 01:42 PM
for number 1500, and what a lame one it is...

i can't predict Navasota to win because i have no faith in them...

this isn't saying they aren't good and aren't talented, but i do not have faith that they will come out firing like they did against Giddings, heck they might come out like last week down to LG or the other week to Smithville...do i want them to WIN, YES, but am i sure they are going to, NO

HEMOTOXIC
11-15-2007, 04:58 PM
for number 1500, and what a lame one it is...

i can't predict Navasota to win because i have no faith in them...

this isn't saying they aren't good and aren't talented, but i do not have faith that they will come out firing like they did against Giddings, heck they might come out like last week down to LG or the other week to Smithville...do i want them to WIN, YES, but am i sure they are going to, NO

Well, all you questions and ours will get answered tonight. Good luck to Giddings tomorrow night, too.

Go Snakes!

g$$
11-15-2007, 05:33 PM
Don't sleep on D24 - some did last year & look what happened...D24 won 2/3 vs. D23 vaunted teams.

May the best teams win again.

buff4life
11-15-2007, 05:36 PM
where is it being broadcast on again?

navscanmaster
11-15-2007, 05:39 PM
Go Rattlers! Play smart and play hard, don't let up! They left about 20 minutes ago, they looked ready!

IHStangFan
11-15-2007, 05:41 PM
where is it being broadcast on again? Needville -vs- Navasota (http://www.tsrnsports.com/Broadcast/Broad-FBR.htm)

Johnny 5
11-15-2007, 06:08 PM
Will it be a good game? Should I listen to it, even though I know nothing about either team, and have nothing better to do?

tigerpride_08
11-15-2007, 07:03 PM
i have nothing better to do tonight so i'll probably listen in to start off my playoff season...:D

LH Panther Mom
11-15-2007, 07:14 PM
i have nothing better to do tonight so i'll probably listen in to start off my playoff season...:D
Oooooh, can you post some updates (aka legitimate post padding :devil: )? I'll be doing signs, etc and won't be around to listen. :)

scrub c
11-15-2007, 07:52 PM
going with the 'ville

go district 24

IHStangFan
11-15-2007, 07:53 PM
okay....settled in at the hospital....waitin on the feed from TSRN to become active!! :clap:

pirate4state
11-15-2007, 08:12 PM
okay....settled in at the hospital....waitin on the feed from TSRN to become active!! :clap: you gonna keep us posted??? :D

IHStangFan
11-15-2007, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
you gonna keep us posted??? :D Sure...I'll start a new "updates" thread on this game so people don't have to dig through 16+ pages LOL. Pregame show right now...talkin to Navasota's coach at the moment.

IHStangFan
11-15-2007, 08:15 PM
crap...secret is out on our TE....he said thats one of the guys they have to shut down, LOL.

pirate4state
11-15-2007, 08:16 PM
Sure...I'll start a new "updates" thread on this game so people don't have to dig through 16+ pages LOL. Pregame show right now...talkin to Navasota's coach at the moment.

:thumbsup:

IHStangFan
11-15-2007, 08:19 PM
Needville coach interview...

IHStangFan
11-15-2007, 08:27 PM
LOL...the announcers are talking about some "raised lettering" in the center of the field saying the RBs are gonna trip on them and stuff.

IHStangFan
11-15-2007, 08:29 PM
teams musta just came on the field....hear the crowd now.......must be the Jays...I hear the propane tanks w/ the marbles in em.