PDA

View Full Version : NAVASOTA 35, La Grange 27 FINAL

HEMOTOXIC
11-10-2007, 01:14 AM
I usually try not to bash officials, but these officials calling the game tonight had to be paid by La Grange. They were HORRIBLE!

Congrats Rattlers!

44INAROW
11-10-2007, 01:32 AM
Huh? seems if La Grange "paid em off" they'd of at least paid them off to help them WIN the game:rolleyes: Either way - congrats to the Rattlers

Pudlugger
11-10-2007, 01:35 AM
Oh come on, they were not calling holding all night for you guys so quite complaining please. The pass interference call was flagrant, your db had a hold of our wr's jersey stretched out for 6 yards right in front of our stands(it was plain to see from our side but the angle and distance to the Navasota side was bad so y'all will need to look at the films I guess. If you do you will have to agree). The refs made many non-calls I guess they wanted to let the boys play. I don't fault the refs, it was a good physical game and Navasota just scored one more td and extra point then the Leps to win. Good luck next week.

State_In_08
11-10-2007, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Huh? seems if La Grange "paid em off" they'd of at least paid them off to help them WIN the game:rolleyes: Either way - congrats to the Rattlers

Its not really the calls they made, but the ones the didnt. They ran some screens that it looked like their guys were holding something serious everytime. Oh well though... officials eyes, not ours. I'm just glad we won it!

Old Tiger
11-10-2007, 01:36 AM
Always an excuse even if you win...:rolleyes:

State_In_08
11-10-2007, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Oh come on, they were not calling holding all night for you guys so quite complaining please. The pass interference call was flagrant, your db had a hold of our wr's jersey stretched out for 6 yards right in front of our stands(it was plain to see from our side but the angle and distance to the Navasota side was bad so y'all will need to look at the films I guess. If you do you will have to agree). The refs made many non-calls I guess they wanted to let the boys play. I don't fault the refs, it was a good physical game and Navasota just scored one more td and extra point then the Leps to win. Good luck next week.

Yes, I do agree that the call was probably flagrant, we just didn't have a good angle. There were also some holding calls missed on the screens in the first drive by LG. Thanks for the good luck... y'all played a heck of a game tonight, nothing to hang your head about.

Pudlugger
11-10-2007, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
I usually try not to bash officials, but these officials calling the game tonight had to be paid by La Grange. They were HORRIBLE!

Congrats Rattlers!

Folks, this is a great example of what we posters here on the Downlow refer to as a No Class Post.

Pudlugger
11-10-2007, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by State_In_08
Yes, I do agree that the call was probably flagrant, we just didn't have a good angle. There were also some holding calls missed on the screens in the first drive by LG. Thanks for the good luck... y'all played a heck of a game tonight, nothing to hang your head about.

Thanks State-08 good luck to y'all next week and represent D23 well.

IHStangFan
11-10-2007, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Always an excuse even if you win...:rolleyes: trying to set up the "we would have won by alot more" angle? :p

HEMOTOXIC
11-10-2007, 01:40 AM

LOL! Navasota holding...No way...They did everything in their power to help the Leps win. In the end, the best team won. I've heard stories of officials helping out the hometown Leps. However, I always thought that everyone exagerrated. Now, I have a story to tell about those paid off officials in La Grange. Why are you crying about the pass interference, you got the call didn't you? And yes, we scored one more touchdown than you guys did. Good luck next season.

Go Rattlers!

HEMOTOXIC
11-10-2007, 01:41 AM
Always an excuse even if you win...:rolleyes:

Hibernate!!!:D

HEMOTOXIC
11-10-2007, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
trying to set up the "we would have won by alot more" angle? :p

Not trying to set up anything. All you need to be concern with is that your Blue Jays come to play on Thursday! Now, lets see how many points we can beat ya beloved BlueJays by!?

State_In_08
11-10-2007, 01:44 AM
Thanks State-08 good luck to y'all next week and represent D23 well.

Very welcome and we hope to "hold it down" for D23. Just for the record I think La Grange would be competing for 2nd or a DC in most districts. They're pretty tough.

Pudlugger
11-10-2007, 01:45 AM
LOL! Navasota holding...No way...They did everything in their power to help the Leps win. In the end, the best team won. I've heard stories of officials helping out the hometown Leps. However, I always thought that everyone exagerrated. Now, I have a story to tell about those paid off officials in La Grange. Why are you crying about the pass interference, you got the call didn't you? And yes, we scored one more touchdown than you guys did. Good luck next season.

Go Rattlers!

I'm not crying about anything .You brought up how bad the Refs were and I assumed you were referring to that call. As for holding, that was going on on both sides and wasn't called but once, against LG so why are you crying? You won so just stow it, and think about Blue Jays. Good luck to you too.

IHStangFan
11-10-2007, 01:46 AM
Not trying to set up anything. All you need to be concern with is that your Blue Jays come to play on Thursday! Now, lets see how many points we can beat ya beloved BlueJays by!? LOL....i was joking w/ Go Blue...but my advice to you is don't count your chickens before they hatch and I hope the Rattlers and their coaching staff are as convinced as you are. See ya'll Thursday :)

Old Tiger
11-10-2007, 01:46 AM
Not trying to set up anything. All you need to be concern with is that your Blue Jays come to play on Thursday! Now, lets see how many points we can beat ya beloved BlueJays by!? Why are you talking crap on a message board? Do you even play for Navasota? JV/Frosh don't count. Grow up kid.

State_In_08
11-10-2007, 01:48 AM
LOL....i was joking w/ Go Blue...but my advice to you is don't count your chickens before they hatch and I hope the Rattlers and their coaching staff are as convinced as you are. See ya'll Thursday :)

Thats what I'm talking about! Expecting a great game Thursday! I'm already super-pumped.

IHStangFan
11-10-2007, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by State_In_08
Thats what I'm talking about! Expecting a great game Thursday! I'm already super-pumped. classy guy right here.....take notes people. Good luck to the Rattlers, and I'm hoping for a great game!! :clap:

State_In_08
11-10-2007, 01:54 AM
classy guy right here.....take notes people. Good luck to the Rattlers, and I'm hoping for a great game!! :clap:

Thank you very much. Good luck to your Blue Jays as well. And with that, I'm headed to bed. Night all, have fun celebrating your playoff births.:thumbsup:

HEMOTOXIC
11-10-2007, 01:54 AM
Why are you talking crap on a message board? Do you even play for Navasota? JV/Frosh don't count. Grow up kid.

Been there done that. Im not sure why you are always in everyones threads strating crap. Everytime I look around, you...yes, YOU, are getting into it with someone. Whether they are from West Texas or Navasota. Don't you have a life other than the DownLow? Hum, I guess not.

Old Tiger
11-10-2007, 01:58 AM
Been there done that. Im not sure why you are always in everyones threads strating crap. Everytime I look around, you...yes, YOU, are getting into it with someone. Whether they are from West Texas or Navasota. Don't you have a life other than the DownLow? Hum, I guess not. I don't start anything. I ask simple questions and people like you blow them out of proportion. I don't pick on the teams I pick on the posters ;).

You are the one talking crap on a message board saying stuff like "lets see how many points we'll beat your blue jays by." That is not necessary.

HEMOTOXIC
11-10-2007, 02:05 AM
The La Grange Leopards played a complete game very well. Im not trying to take anything away from the Leps at all. They really were firing on offence and the D wasn't too bad either. The coaching staff was well prepared also. I will have to say that the Leps passing game was much better than mediocre. To my surprise and my opinion, the Leps offense outplayed the D. Congrats to the Rattlers, and good luck to the Leps. The Leps have nothing to be ashamed about. They played a great game.

HEMOTOXIC
11-10-2007, 02:11 AM
I don't start anything. I ask simple questions and people like you blow them out of proportion. I don't pick on the teams I pick on the posters ;).

You are the one talking crap on a message board saying stuff like "lets see how many points we'll beat your blue jays by." That is not necessary.

Son, I am by nature very competive. It is very necessary to have faith that your team will win. Whether you know that they will get blown away or you know that they will win. Its a competitve world out there no matter what the task is. JOIN US! Needville is a great team. Navasota could win or lose, but I will never let you know that I think that we will lose. True ATHLETICS don't think like that. So, with that being said, let me end this little message sending that we have. Good luck to Navasota and to Needville. May the best team win! And, if we do win, I would not rub it in. That sir, wouldn't be necessary!

Old Tiger
11-10-2007, 02:18 AM
Competitive...do you play for navasota?

When does competitiveness(spelling?) mean you trash talk on a message board?

Teams like Celina, Gilmer, and LH don't come on here talking trash. It seems as if you want respect given to you but I'll tell you now that respect isn't given it is earned. You, yourself, don't do a very good job of earning respect for your team/town.

Rattlesnake_08
11-10-2007, 02:44 AM
I've got to give La Grange alot of credit. They sure did make a great run at it, but I'm glad that we pulled it out in the end...And I must compliment La Grange on their hospitable fans, they were real nice.

Go figure I predicted three things to happen in this game, and I was right on two of them...I predicted Navasota to win by a score, I predicted Pratt to have a 200+yd. game (OFFICIAL Pratt 23-203), but the score was 35-27 instead of 28-21....Oh well. Great game by both teams. Go Rattlers!

Old Tiger
11-10-2007, 02:45 AM
On a side note: I have La Grange's visitor locker room or lack there of.

navscanmaster
11-10-2007, 06:04 AM
Why do these threads always get out of hand? Go Blue, I am by no means saying that you started anything on this thread or any others tonight, because you have been low key and refrained from any off the wall posts tonight. However, have you been to any Navasota games this year? You are a frequent poster on Navasota related threads, and I feel that anybody is entitled to their own opinion, but to have an educated opinion of anything, you must study or witness it. I think you should make a game. You will find that our town is genuinely excited about football all over, and it shows. Just ask any Leopard fan that made the game last night how loud and supportive we are of our team. Just because that spills over onto this forum doesn't mean we are a bunch of classless bragsters. And if you believe that Needville will win next week, I have no problems in the world with that, and I don't appreciate our guy confronting you for that on the other thread, but I am not his mother or wife, so I ain't got any control over that.;)

Old Tiger
11-10-2007, 06:17 AM
I base my opinioins off on how absurd hemotoxic post are. lol

As I have said before your town is a great town and I have family there so I respect. Hell my mom is from Navasota.

Airforce1
11-10-2007, 08:38 AM
I was at the game and I want to commend both teams for a hard fought contest. I thought early on LG had the momentum and towards the end Navasota gained it. LG was definetly out manned but played with a lot of heart. Navasota's kids were unbelievable specimens. They might not have the best record in district 23 but they might have the best overall talent. Navasota played hard and end the end they fed their stud and he delivered. The score 35 to 27 shows why you play the game, most people did not give LG a chance and said it would be a blow out but some hard working kids played their guts out and had a chance to win. Navasota has a great team and if they feed Pratt the rock 25 + times a game they have a shot at making a long playoff run. Good luck to Giddings, Caldwell and Navasota, district 23 has some great teams and I hope they go far.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-10-2007, 08:41 AM
Folks, this is a great example of what we posters here on the Downlow refer to as a No Class Post.

It's their oppinion, if they feel the officiating was bad they have the right to express it. You say we, it sould be I (Pud) and for the No Class Post many have been guilty of that, even you MR Donkey Stomp!!!!!!

Pudlugger
11-10-2007, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
It's their oppinion, if they feel the officiating was bad they have the right to express it. You say we, it sould be I (Pud) and for the No Class Post many have been guilty of that, even you MR Donkey Stomp!!!!!!

I see you're still upset that the Leps beat your Brahmas LOL. Move on FBB its basket ball season for both of us now.:D

Pudlugger
11-10-2007, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Airforce1
I was at the game and I want to commend both teams for a hard fought contest. I thought early on LG had the momentum and towards the end Navasota gained it. LG was definetly out manned but played with a lot of heart. Navasota's kids were unbelievable specimens. They might not have the best record in district 23 but they might have the best overall talent. Navasota played hard and end the end they fed their stud and he delivered. The score 35 to 27 shows why you play the game, most people did not give LG a chance and said it would be a blow out but some hard working kids played their guts out and had a chance to win. Navasota has a great team and if they feed Pratt the rock 25 + times a game they have a shot at making a long playoff run. Good luck to Giddings, Caldwell and Navasota, district 23 has some great teams and I hope they go far.

Welcome aboard Airforce1, great first post. D23 will be well represented by Navasota. They are a very talented and physical football team. Great game last night. Leps, don't get down now y'all had a better season than expected and came so close to going to the playoffs. :clap:

hookandladder
11-10-2007, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma

After you said Navasota would Donkey Stomp LG, this is all you have to say. Very classless of you not to give LG their credit for playing Navasota til the very last end. You have no class at all, I know you do not represent the Bellville community.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-11-2007, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
After you said Navasota would Donkey Stomp LG, this is all you have to say. Very classless of you not to give LG their credit for playing Navasota til the very last end. You have no class at all.

Class? Lets see after the Bellville vs La Grange game a poster from La Grange posted La Grange Donkey Stomps Bellville, speak of class, this Donkey Stomp crap was started by one of your own, you say no class thats the pot calling the kettle black!