11-10-2007, 02:00 AM
WOS is good

better than giddings, i think

buff4life
11-10-2007, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
WOS is good

we'll find out for real in two weeks hopefully...

20FAN07
11-10-2007, 02:11 AM
easy there, i love my mustangs but WOS and Giddings both have quality teams again this yr. Lord willing that we both get past round 1 and meet up for round 2. Its been sorta of a "rival" i guess you could say even though we've only played twice. I still thought we could of won last year, but giddings had key stops and won the game. Its bad to look past games but if we both get past round 1 its gunna be another all out war again this year.....hopefully history is on our side, we won the first one and giddings the second. Time will tell....... giddings you better not lose first round ;).....good luck and injury free to all

bccards
11-10-2007, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
WOS is good

But BC was just BAD this year. Only the 2nd time to go 0-10, 1999 was the first. I feel for the team though, the offense did their job by putting the points on the board most of the season, and most years, enough points to win a game. But BC's defense this year was non existant. You have mediocre teams putting up 50+ points on BC, so WO-S easily got to 70+.

JasperDog94
11-10-2007, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by bccards
But BC was just BAD this year. Only the 2nd time to go 0-10, 1999 was the first. I feel for the team though, the offense did their job by putting the points on the board most of the season, and most years, enough points to win a game. But BC's defense this year was non existant. I don't like to see any team this bad. I hope you guys got some valuable experience and come back stronger next year.

Darren
11-10-2007, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by 20FAN07
easy there, i love my mustangs but WOS and Giddings both have quality teams again this yr. Lord willing that we both get past round 1 and meet up for round 2. Its been sorta of a "rival" i guess you could say even though we've only played twice. I still thought we could of won last year, but giddings had key stops and won the game. Its bad to look past games but if we both get past round 1 its gunna be another all out war again this year.....hopefully history is on our side, we won the first one and giddings the second. Time will tell....... giddings you better not lose first round ;).....good luck and injury free to all

Well put

shankbear
11-10-2007, 11:07 AM
WO-S could have put 120 on the board. They scored no cheap TDs nor did they intentionally "run it up." They just ran basic plays. BC is rebuilding with a brand new coach and system. Weak at QB and very little depth.

WO-S has a stingy defense. Should be interesting.

shankbear
11-10-2007, 11:09 AM
......and BC gave up 60 or more points each of their last 5 games.

X21AAAPlayer
11-10-2007, 11:17 AM
Yes this was probably the worst year I have seen for Bridge City. I'm betting if things aren't turned somewhat around next year that the ad, whether it's his fault or not, will be run out of town. Hopefully we can see a defense that only gives up a fraction of the points next year and some running backs that aren't afraid to turn up field and get hit. Not trying to talk bad about the team but the games I did see, the runner would worry more about where he's going to land out of bounds rather than fighting for an extra 3 or 4 yards.

exbccards76'smom
11-10-2007, 11:15 PM
My son played on that team that went 0-10 in '99. But the juniors going to be seniors the next year got together and decided not to have another season like that. We dropped to 3A, and won district the next year. Here's to us being more experienced and stronger next year.