PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on Lamesa

injuredinmelee
11-09-2007, 11:54 PM
Wow. They have a kid that palys Qb that is a good athlete. He hit so many wide open recievers in the hands but they dropped em left and right. I have never seen a team that played with less emotion. The Greenwood defense was across the ball before the Lamesa linemen were out of their stance.
I am proud to say however that Rangermom did NOT fall and bust her nose.

Snyder_TigerFan
11-10-2007, 12:04 AM
What was the final score?

DaHop72
11-10-2007, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
What was the final score? 63-0 Greenwood

IHStangFan
11-10-2007, 12:05 AM
Poor Golden Tornadoes I wish them the best of luck. I'd like to see them get a win next year!!! I'll be watching!

Old Tiger
11-10-2007, 12:09 AM
LaMesa might be 2a next year.

rundoe
11-10-2007, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Wow. They have a kid that palys Qb that is a good athlete. He hit so many wide open recievers in the hands but they dropped em left and right. I have never seen a team that played with less emotion. The Greenwood defense was across the ball before the Lamesa linemen were out of their stance.

HOORAY FOR RANGERMOM!!!!!!

GWOOD
11-10-2007, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
LaMesa might be 2a next year.

I don't think so. I think they were 600 or more students two years ago.

Old Tiger
11-10-2007, 12:27 AM
Turned in 489 this time around ;)

GWOOD
11-10-2007, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Turned in 489 this time around ;)

if that is 2A numbers then Greenwood would be 2A as well.

injuredinmelee
11-10-2007, 10:34 AM
I should also add how impresed I was with GWood's offensive lineman #60. Not very tall but wide and will flat out go full speed on every play he is in the game. Showed really quick feet on the plays where he knew lamesa was goign to throw the ball in vain.

GWOOD
11-10-2007, 11:12 AM
I should also add how impresed I was with GWood's offensive lineman #60. Not very tall but wide and will flat out go full speed on every play he is in the game. Showed really quick feet on the plays where he knew lamesa was goign to throw the ball in vain.

Injured, #60 is really quick for his size (315?). He hurt his foot in Monahans scrimmage and has been playing hurt most of the year. The open date before district really helped him and he has been more of a force the last three games.

Ranger Mom
11-10-2007, 10:50 PM

My husband was running the chains, he said the coaches coached with zero emotion too! I guess the entire community is beat down...there couldn't have been more than 50 people in the stands!:( I got to where I was almost cheering for the tors to at least make a touchdown, I started feeling really sorry for them.

We did get to see what is probably our QB next year play some.....sophomore kid, not very big, but a fast little booger!!:)

I was embarrassed about how many people remembered my little tumble from the Lamesa game last year!!:eek:

TheDOCTORdre
11-10-2007, 10:54 PM
its a proven scientific fact that Tornadoes blow

Ranger Mom
11-10-2007, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
its a proven scientific fact that Tornadoes blow

ROFL...I wonder if I could do a search and find out how many times you have said that exact same thing over the years??

TheDOCTORdre
11-10-2007, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
ROFL...I wonder if I could do a search and find out how many times you have said that exact same thing over the years??
i tried to stay away from this thread as long as i could but i couldnt resist

Snydertigersrul
11-10-2007, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by GWOOD
Injured, #60 is really quick for his size (315?). He hurt his foot in Monahans scrimmage and has been playing hurt most of the year. The open date before district really helped him and he has been more of a force the last three games.

He was really a factor against Snyder. Oh, Greenwood didn't score against the Tigers.

:D

Ranger Mom
11-10-2007, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
He was really a factor against Snyder. Oh, Greenwood didn't score against the Tigers.

I had actually once thought I liked you....I think I was wrong!!:eek:

nobogey72
11-11-2007, 01:38 AM
I't pretty sad. I can remember in 2000, Aledo was ranked #1, and Lamesa was ranked #2 after week 10. Wylie went on to beat Aledo, then Lamesa, Everman and then got beat in the finals by Gatesville (Taurean Henderson) in the finals. It's sad to see a program fall that far in such a short time.

Greenwood Teach
11-11-2007, 01:40 AM
Tacky, Tacky, Tacky!

nobogey72
11-11-2007, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by Greenwood Teach
Tacky, Tacky, Tacky!

I really didn't mean it to be tacky. Just like Andrews in just a few years went from taking Stephenville to the wire basically for the state 4A championship with Shaud Williams. Sweetwater won state in 4A in 1986 and had some classic battles with Monahans during those years. I guess my point is it's sad to me to see these towns lose the #s to the point that it changes their whole program.

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-11-2007, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I't pretty sad. I can remember in 2000, Aledo was ranked #1, and Lamesa was ranked #2 after week 10. Wylie went on to beat Aledo, then Lamesa, Everman and then got beat in the finals by Gatesville (Taurean Henderson) in the finals. It's sad to see a program fall that far in such a short time.

YEah I know, its crazy how things change so fast

GWOOD
11-11-2007, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul

Well, I would expect something like that from you. You don't strike me as someone who would recognize talent on the field regardless of who is playing.

I'm assuming you're job doesn't require you to have a little more insight into the game because you sure don't demonstrate it on here.

injuredinmelee
11-14-2007, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by GWOOD
Well, I would expect something like that from you. You don't strike me as someone who would recognize talent on the field regardless of who is playing.

I'm assuming you're job doesn't require you to have a little more insight into the game because you sure don't demonstrate it on here.

guess they put him in the pressbox so the other fans dont have to listen to him.

Ranger Mom
11-14-2007, 04:50 PM
guess they put him in the pressbox so the other fans dont have to listen to him.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I think you hit the nail right on the head!!