PDA

View Full Version : Abilene Wylie v. Decatur

michaelp23
11-09-2007, 11:21 PM
Just heard on the radio Wylie plays Decatur Friday night at 7:30 in Graham. Get there early, there won't be near enough seats.

wildstangs
11-10-2007, 01:15 AM
Wylie wins easily. Decatur isn't that good this year.

nobogey72
11-10-2007, 01:28 AM
I would have lost a lot of $ betting that we would not play Decatur in Graham. Mainly for 3 reasons 1. size of the stadium
2.) Wylie has lost 2 in a row in that stadium (Sandifer tends to stay away from places like that ie. Shotwell) makes me think we lost some kind of flip 3) no secret that McCoy and Sandifer don't exchange Xmas gifts and obviously would have had to had some contact for this arrangement to be made. On the positive side, it will be a packed house, which for my money is a better atmosphere than some great big place that just swallows up both crowds. It will be a great atmosphere. Cant wait.:thumbsup: :wave: :thumbsup: :wave: :thumbsup: :wave:

nobogey72
11-10-2007, 01:33 AM
oh yeah, i forgot another good reason to play at Graham. RWB will be able to get back from Amarillo in time to watch her 2nd favorite team play.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

STANG RED
11-10-2007, 01:37 AM
If 11 man had the 45 point mercy rule like 6 man. This one would be over by the half. After the half, Wylie will be playing lots of reserves, so it might get a little closer by the end.

Cameron Crazy
11-10-2007, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
oh yeah, i forgot another good reason to play at Graham. RWB will be able to get back from Amarillo in time to watch her 2nd favorite team play.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: What are you talking about? We play on a saturday. RWB will be around. I think.

RedWhiteBlue
11-10-2007, 03:13 AM
oh yeah, i forgot another good reason to play at Graham. RWB will be able to get back from Amarillo in time to watch her 2nd favorite team play.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
We don't play in Amarillo until Saturday- so I should be in town and am actually making plans to come watch you guys play. I guess I was correct on my predictions about where this game was going to be played after all.

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-10-2007, 03:22 AM
I might go to this game but I dont think i wanna waste my time going to this one when i know abilene wylie will blank then eagles.

SNYDER325TIGERS
I might go to this game but I dont think i wanna waste my time going to this one when i know abilene wylie will blank then eagles.

SNYDER325TIGERS

nobogey72
11-10-2007, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
We don't play in Amarillo until Saturday- so I should be in town and am actually making plans to come watch you guys play. I guess I was correct on my predictions about where this game was going to be played after all.

my bad, I was thinking ya'll were playing Friday. BTW--good game against Burk--sounds like your QB bounced back nicely. Yeah, and good prediction on where our 1st round would be played---I can't imagine where you are getting all that inside info.:thinking: :

What are you doing up so late? I know.....you are so excited about getting to see us play next week.:D I know what you're thinking------ "I've already seen ya'll play this year- remember back in Sept, when we kicked ya'lls backsides" go ahead and say it, I can take it.:mad:

Well, I'm off to the golf course to try and win some of my $ back that I lost betting that we wouldn't be playing round 1 in Graham.

:o

RedWhiteBlue
11-10-2007, 11:14 PM
my bad, I was thinking ya'll were playing Friday. BTW--good game against Burk--sounds like your QB bounced back nicely. Yeah, and good prediction on where our 1st round would be played---I can't imagine where you are getting all that inside info.:thinking: :

What are you doing up so late? I know.....you are so excited about getting to see us play next week.:D I know what you're thinking------ "I've already seen ya'll play this year- remember back in Sept, when we kicked ya'lls backsides" go ahead and say it, I can take it.:mad:

Well, I'm off to the golf course to try and win some of my $ back that I lost betting that we wouldn't be playing round 1 in Graham.

:o
You are right- I was so excited about getting to watch you guys play again that the anticipation is just keeping me awake!!!
Good luck with that golf game!!!!:)

Johnny Moxen
11-12-2007, 10:34 AM
Does anyone know who the "home" team is in this game?

Also, what's the scoop on Decatur? I know spread offense, etc. But what are the specifics about this team? Their record doesn't indicate as strong a Decatur team as in the past.

Texasfootball2
11-12-2007, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Moxen
Does anyone know who the "home" team is in this game?

Also, what's the scoop on Decatur? I know spread offense, etc. But what are the specifics about this team? Their record doesn't indicate as strong a Decatur team as in the past.

I heard that Decatur will be the home team. They are 6-4. Don't seem to be a powerful of a team as they have been in the past, but are still a dangerous team. In five of their six victories, they scored over 30+ points and over 50+ points twice. Wylies defense has played very well all year except for two halfs of football. Should be a pack house and a great atmoshpere for a high school playoff game.

thewyliefan
11-12-2007, 04:21 PM
itll prolly a lil bit louder too than last years match up. last year was bad on the field and the stands were a tad bit farther away than the stands at graham. should be funskies

pero chato
11-12-2007, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
I heard that Decatur will be the home team. They are 6-4. Don't seem to be a powerful of a team as they have been in the past, but are still a dangerous team. In five of their six victories, they scored over 30+ points and over 50+ points twice. Wylies defense has played very well all year except for two halfs of football. Should be a pack house and a great atmoshpere for a high school playoff game.

They (Decatur) will be out for revenge for at least two games that I can remember. Should be a great game. I pick Wylie by 10.

slingshot
11-14-2007, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by pero chato
They (Decatur) will be out for revenge for at least two games that I can remember. Should be a great game. I pick Wylie by 10. I agree... but these kind of games make me nervous. On paper it looks like Wylie should be the superior team and take it--just like we should have taken Canyon in the second round last year :rolleyes: . Don't think for a minute that Decatur is not using the '04/'06 playoff losses (when they had the better 'on paper' teams BTW) as serious motivation.

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-14-2007, 01:03 AM
AB Wylie

rangerjim
11-14-2007, 09:36 AM
Decatur is young this year and have really been growing up as a team all year long. They lost Josh Trant (#1 RB) a couple of weeks ago and have done well without him. Hopefully he'll be back Friday night. Defense will need to step it up. Offense can be explosive, Soph QB Metts playing really well.

While offense is averaging 35'ish a game, the "D" is gving up around 28 or so. The motivation factor will be high on both sides, both teams have great coaches and a Eagle's upset would probably not shock too many people except die hard Wylie fans.

Being a Decatur homer, I still have to go with Wylie by 8.

nobogey72
11-14-2007, 09:56 AM
Is the Cobb kid that is a LB the brother of last year's QB?

thewyliefan
11-14-2007, 11:06 AM
i dont know...but last years cobb reminded me of case keenum quite a bit

Texasfootball2
11-14-2007, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by thewyliefan

Except he was about 3" taller and weighed about 20lbs more. I really think there playing styles were totally different. Cobb was a big (Ben Rothlesburger type) of QB who was a great power runner and a better than average passer. Keenum was a great passer and very elusive type of play maker who's will to win was second to none.

nobogey72
11-14-2007, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by thewyliefan

The Cobb that was their QB last year remindes me of Tebow. It looks like you got a stop, but it's 2nd and 4.

rangerjim
11-14-2007, 12:03 PM
Decatur QB Metts is having a really good year. Not the size of Cobb but has a good arm and a solid core of receivers. Reluctant to run at times and tries to make the big plays. The kid has talent and is only a sophmore. If Trant is back at RB at at full speed(ankle), Decatur will be tougher than expected.

Budman007
11-14-2007, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by slingshot
I agree... but these kind of games make me nervous. On paper it looks like Wylie should be the superior team and take it--just like we should have taken Canyon in the second round last year :rolleyes: . Don't think for a minute that Decatur is not using the '04/'06 playoff losses (when they had the better 'on paper' teams BTW) as serious motivation.

This game will be the upset of the week. Decatur surprises Wylie 31-30.

thewyliefan
11-14-2007, 05:50 PM
lets just say that decatur does win 31-30. to see another 1 point win by either team would be amazing. it has turned into a great playoff rivalry.

thewyliefan
11-14-2007, 05:51 PM
p.s.

nobogey72 just to let you know tebow is my hero haha

nobogey72
11-14-2007, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Budman007
This game will be the upset of the week. Decatur surprises Wylie 31-30.

But being from Bridgeport, aren't you supposed to hate Decatur?
Seems like Decatur has scored lots of points all year, but has also given up a bunch, so I wouldn't disagree on your prediction of lots of points, just hopefully you got them backwards. Good luck to Bridgeport.

Budman007
11-14-2007, 08:43 PM
But being from Bridgeport, aren't you supposed to hate Decatur?
Seems like Decatur has scored lots of points all year, but has also given up a bunch, so I wouldn't disagree on your prediction of lots of points, just hopefully you got them backwards. Good luck to Bridgeport.

Thanks. I may be one of the few Decatur non-haters in Bridgeport. I have a lot of respect for their coach and his program. I always cheer for Big Blue except when they play my Bulls. Story has probably done his best coaching job this year with all their youth and numerous injuries. The Eagles have gotten stronger as the season has progressed and I fully expect them to give Wylie all they can handle and 1 point more.

#1Eaglefan
11-14-2007, 08:57 PM
Is the Cobb kid that is a LB the brother of last year's QB?

No - they are not brothers, or even relatives. Jake Cobb the LB this year is the state champion in some sort of rodeo event from last year.

nobogey72
11-14-2007, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by #1Eaglefan
No - they are not brothers, or even relatives. Jake Cobb the LB this year is the state champion in some sort of rodeo event from last year.

Oh, great! Just what we need, a state champion steer wrestler playing linebacker against us. I hope that this game is as exciting as the last 2 decatur/wylie playoff games have been. Can't wait. Hope there is enough seats for everybody.

lakers
11-14-2007, 10:04 PM
Oh, great! Just what we need, a state champion steer wrestler playing linebacker against us. I hope that this game is as exciting as the last 2 decatur/wylie playoff games have been. Can't wait. Hope there is enough seats for everybody.

If he is a roper maybe he will pull a Mighty Ducks 2 on a guy. haha

YEE HAA!!! Go get'em cowboy...

nobogey72
11-14-2007, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by lakers
If he is a roper maybe he will pull a Mighty Ducks 2 on a guy. haha

YEE HAA!!! Go get'em cowboy...

you know that guy you're talking about in the Mighty Ducks was actually from Wylie or Jim Ned or somewhere around here. I can't remember his name.

lakers
11-14-2007, 10:21 PM
you know that guy you're talking about in the Mighty Ducks was actually from Wylie or Jim Ned or somewhere around here. I can't remember his name.

Yeah
His movie star name is Ty O'Neal, but his real name is Ty McClary. My dad knows his dad Bob and they used to come out to our ranch when he was younger. Then his parents split up and he moved to California with his mom. Bob lives in Fort Worth now. I havnt seen them in a long time.

Budman007
11-15-2007, 05:05 PM
The Cobb kid that plays LB for Decatur is one tough hombre and will be all over the field.

rangerjim
11-15-2007, 09:42 PM
nobogey72 - did you make last years game at SLC? Don't think I'll ever see a better high school game and I've seen a bunch. The great thing was that no kid made a mistake to lose the game. Just great efforts on all sides. Only bad thing was that Decatur lost.

This will another great match-up of great coaches and determined kids. How big is Grahams stadium. Keep hearing about lack of seats? I know Decatur will be well represented and I'm sure Wylie will be too. Should be nice and loud.

ps - I'll be the one in the blue shirt........

nobogey72
11-15-2007, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by rangerjim
nobogey72 - did you make last years game at SLC? Don't think I'll ever see a better high school game and I've seen a bunch. The great thing was that no kid made a mistake to lose the game. Just great efforts on all sides. Only bad thing was that Decatur lost.

This will another great match-up of great coaches and determined kids. How big is Grahams stadium. Keep hearing about lack of seats? I know Decatur will be well represented and I'm sure Wylie will be too. Should be nice and loud.

ps - I'll be the one in the blue shirt........

Absolutely, one of the best games I've ever seen, and you are exactly right about no one losing it. Had we lost by 2 our kicker would have probably had to undergo a year of therapy. For him to be able to win it at the end was great, at least for us. I'm not sure we recovered from that kind of game, because a week later we didn't play well, and got sent packing by Canyon. Thanks for the objective viewpoint.

thewyliefan
11-15-2007, 11:27 PM
i can say i was one of those guys that didnt give up:)

and also we did play like crap aginst canyon haha

nobogey72
11-16-2007, 06:37 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by thewyliefan

i can say i was one of those guys that didnt give up

]Thattaboy!!!!!

you going to the game tonight? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: