PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater vs. Bridgeport (merged)

Sweetwater Red
11-09-2007, 11:04 PM
Friday at 7:30 PM in Stephenville.......I told you Ranger Mom.:tongue: :D

its_n_D_water
11-09-2007, 11:20 PM
Sweetwater has played some good games in Stephanville... Have to go with the Stangs.....21-10....

slpybear the bullfan
11-10-2007, 01:16 AM
Bridgeport looking reeeeeeeallly good lately.

Bulls by 10.

STANG RED
11-10-2007, 01:42 AM
I'll go with my Stangs, but their really going to have to pick it up a few notches. And the coaching staff will need to pick it up about 10 notches at least.

DU_stud04
11-10-2007, 04:04 AM
im rooting for montana's pregame cheddar frys with jason haha

Scholar
11-10-2007, 12:00 PM
Bridgeport by 20.

jason
11-10-2007, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
im rooting for montana's pregame cheddar frys with jason haha ill be there....

and if you want to stay friday night - cove plays in waco sat @ 1....

Sweetwater Red
11-10-2007, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Scholar
Bridgeport by 20.

That's what you said about Breckenridge...uh...Richard.:rolleyes:

DU_stud04
11-10-2007, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by jason
ill be there....

and if you want to stay friday night - cove plays in waco sat @ 1.... i think mark is heading down wit me and he has work early am saturday. we'll see whats up.

thats cove and waxahachie? if so i might..... depends if she wants to go support or not.

Snydertigersrul
11-10-2007, 01:30 PM
Bridgeport by 21

jason
11-10-2007, 02:13 PM
i think mark is heading down wit me and he has work early am saturday. we'll see whats up.

thats cove and waxahachie? if so i might..... depends if she wants to go support or not. cool - mark can drive us from montanas to the game lol...

Sweetwater Red
11-10-2007, 04:32 PM
It looks like Holsey's role has increased. He's back at safety. He
was starter last year. He's also returning punts now.

I guess I should add he's still the starting QB to avoid any
confusion.:)

Bull
11-11-2007, 09:44 AM
Who is the home team? Has it been decided?

VERNONLION#1
11-11-2007, 01:17 PM
Slypbear, give me your analysis on Bridgeport this year. I think they beat Sweetwater which hopefully puts them meeting up with Vernon in the 2nd round.

R1Editor
11-11-2007, 04:15 PM
Who do you got, and why?

ASUFrisbeeStud
11-11-2007, 04:20 PM
Sweetwater because I'm a homer.

At least I'm honest.

Cameron Crazy
11-11-2007, 04:46 PM
Sweetwater, I do not think the Bulls can keep up.

wildstangs
11-11-2007, 04:51 PM
Homer pick - Sweetwater

Sweetwater has a pretty good winning streak at Stephenville. Mustangs also havent lost in the first round of the playoffs in about 20 years.

VERNONLION#1
11-11-2007, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Homer pick - Sweetwater

Sweetwater has a pretty good winning streak at Stephenville. Mustangs also havent lost in the first round of the playoffs in about 20 years.
What about the 2nd round? I will take Bridgeport.

GetRDoneStangs
11-11-2007, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by VERNONLION#1
What about the 2nd round?

I think we should worry about that next week????

TheDOCTORdre
11-11-2007, 07:30 PM
homer pick as well Sweetwater

VWG
11-11-2007, 08:29 PM
This should be a shootout.
Bridgeport will be able to move the ball on Sweetwater. Jackson and the Mustangs will have to be able to throw the ball against Bridgeport. I don't think they have the power running game to manhandle Bridgeport for a full 4 quarters.
Bridgeport 31 Sweetwater 28 in 2OT's

ASUFrisbeeStud
11-11-2007, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Bridgeport will be able to move the ball on Sweetwater. Jackson and the Mustangs will have to be able to throw the ball against Bridgeport. I don't think they have the power running game to manhandle Bridgeport for a full 4 quarters.

Good analysis.

I think it could go either way, close game like you say but I take Sweetwater 31 Bridgeport 28. :)

Snydertigersrul
11-11-2007, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Good analysis.

I think it could go either way, close game like you say but I take Sweetwater 31 Bridgeport 28. :)

Bridgepoint will win and it's time for Sweetwater to get the basketballs out.

Mustangpride09
11-11-2007, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul

You better hope so.

wildstangs
11-11-2007, 08:37 PM

You keep saying that - Eventually you will nail it and will be here to tell us how right you are.

I noticed Snyder will get Monahans IF they make it to round two. How did Snyder fare against Monahans earlier this year?

Curly
11-11-2007, 08:39 PM

Seems like you said the same thing last week.

One thing for sure, when snyder looses - make sure you show your rear end back up,

Question is "Is snyder looking past Brownfield ?"

Snydertigersrul
11-11-2007, 08:40 PM
You keep saying that - Eventually you will nail it and will be here to tell us how right you are.

I noticed Snyder will get Monahans IF they make it to round two. How did Snyder fare against Monahans earlier this year?

Snyder will be at full strength. One of their best offensive threats didn't dress out for the opener, but he's back and causing havoc. If you don't believe me, check with anyone from Andrews and ask about No. 2.

wildstangs
11-11-2007, 08:43 PM
Snyder will be at full strength. One of their best offensive threats didn't dress out for the opener, but he's back and causing havoc. If you don't believe me, check with anyone from Andrews and ask about No. 2.

Thats good - At least Canyon isn't D2. Wouldn't want Snyder to have to play them again as well.

Curly
11-11-2007, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by VERNONLION#1
What about the 2nd round? I will take Bridgeport.

are you saying Bridgeport over Perryton

kinda gettin the cart before the horse

maybe you better concern your self with them Rangers from the Panhandle first

Curly
11-11-2007, 08:47 PM

Excuses already for a loss ???

Blaming the first game loss on one player being gone??

Wonder how many excuses you will have when snyder gets beat

wildstangs
11-11-2007, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Curly
Excuses already for a loss ???

Blaming the first game loss on one player being gone??

Wonder how many excuses you will have when snyder gets beat

I wonder if he includes those excuses in his column?

Snydertigersrul
11-11-2007, 11:08 PM
I wonder if he includes those excuses in his column?

SNYDER 21
SWEETWATER 20

Ranger Mom
11-11-2007, 11:11 PM
SNYDER 21
SWEETWATER 20

If I didn't know appx. how old you were....I would swear you were a kid!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I think it is SO SAD that when you can't think of a good comeback you have to resort to pulling games from the PAST out of your little hat.

I said it before and I will say it again, you are out of your league on this board!!:)

Who-dun-it!!?
11-11-2007, 11:15 PM
I voted against Sweetwater. Not because I think they'll loose, but I think there is a law against voting in there favor from a computer in Snyder.

Snydertigersrul
11-11-2007, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
I voted against Sweetwater. Not because I think they'll loose, but I think there is a law against voting in there favor from a computer in Snyder.

I would have come and visited you on Sunday afternoon.

DU_stud04
11-11-2007, 11:39 PM
SNYDER 21
SWEETWATER 20 http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/mexmustangs04/gilmersnyderyi5.jpg

since you're bringin up the past.

Old Tiger
11-11-2007, 11:44 PM
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/mexmustangs04/gilmersnyderyi5.jpg

since you're bringin up the past. haha and that is exactly what it will be again if snyder makes it to the semi's

Stownhorse
11-12-2007, 12:16 AM
SNYDER 21
SWEETWATER 20

"Real mature Rondell"

eric
11-12-2007, 12:40 AM
bridgeport will score big against sweetwater
bridgeport 42
sweetwater 30

slingshot
11-12-2007, 12:42 AM
I think it will all come down to turnovers... the 'Stangs are very dangerous if they can hang on to the ball--big 'IF' though. During their mid-season run and some impressive wins against good teams (Decatur, Canyon) they limited turnovers and chewed up the clock with their wishbone/option based attack--in their district losses against Clyde and Wylie big turnovers killed them. They can run the option as well as anyone when they get it cranked up...

bigron15
11-12-2007, 12:47 AM
judging by how we threw the ball friday against breckinridge, we can throw it pretty darn good...we just dont throw it.

lakers
11-12-2007, 01:00 AM
ummmmmmm, I will go with Sweetwater... There schedule has been much tougher and they are a better team then there record shows...

TheDOCTORdre
11-12-2007, 08:18 AM
SNYDER 21
SWEETWATER 20

[i]Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Who cares what happened against a particular opponent in 2006, this is a new season. Nothing that happened in 2006 will affect this season. [/B]

guess the same could be said about the game above which was played in 2004?

LH Panther Mom
11-12-2007, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by VWG
Someone alert the trainers that the AED will be needed OFF the field for slpybear if that happens. :D

Sweetwater Red
11-12-2007, 09:03 AM
This thread fell all the way to page 4?:(

Does no one care about Bridgeport?:D :devil:

Black_Magic
11-12-2007, 09:55 AM
REMEMBER THESE COMMENTS MUSTANG "FANS"??:eek: :eek: Jumping back on the band wagon ay?:thinking: :clap: :clap: LOL back tracking?

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
It was a tough loss for Sweetwater, but hats off to a very good Brownwood team. It was different as a fan and sports reporter to drive 2 hours home after suffering a loss like we experenced tonight. The old saying "That it is better to give, than recieve" comes to mind...we had been on the giving end and not so much as the recieving end of this for many years.

But, being on the sidelines with the kids, they stayed positive and never seemed to give up. I hope that we can build on this and as we get healthy...we will be a better team!

One awesome thing did come out tonight....

I had the opportunity to visit and interview one of the best high school coaches in Texas!!!!

W.T Stapler was at the game and I was able to track him down and had a great visit and half time interview on the radio. He is a facinating man.....at the ripe ol age of 73 (I think)..he coached football for 41 years!

Stapler coached at Sweetwater in the 80's and lead the Mustangs to a state championship in 1985. He later coached in the Metroplex...Andrews...and Brownwood.

He said he still likes to travel..so look for W.T. Stapler at a high school game near you!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel for the seniors but you have to be enthusiastic about all
the sophomore starters. In another year or two Sweetwater
will be good.........again.;)

oldcrow
11-12-2007, 10:13 AM
I smell a upset

wildstangs
11-12-2007, 10:40 AM
Str forgets the mustangs currently own scoreboard over the tigers.

Black_Magic
11-12-2007, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

I think it is SO SAD that when you can't think of a good comeback you have to resort to pulling games from the PAST out of your little hat.

I agree that pulling stuff out of the past does not apply to us now. But in all fairness Sweetwater posters have been leaning on the "past" all year long. it would be good to let them have it when they pull coments kinda like this one out of there you know whats.. Sweetwater pulls out the old "PAST" crutch all the time.:rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
11-12-2007, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
I agree that pulling stuff out of the past does not apply to us now. But in all fairness Sweetwater posters have been leaning on the "past" all year long. it would be good to let them have it when they pull coments kinda like this one out of there you know whats.. Sweetwater pulls out the old "PAST" crutch all the time.:rolleyes:

Well, I guess if you will point me to something like this.....

Who cares what happened against a particular opponent in 2006, this is a new season. Nothing that happened in 2006 will affect this season.

when that SAME poster is the one doing what HE said doesn't matter...then I can!!

According to him, y’all are big buds...so maybe you should talk to him about opening his mouth and inserting his foot almost EVERY TIME he posts something!;)

Black_Magic
11-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Well, I guess if you will point me to something like this.....

when that SAME poster is the one doing what HE said doesn't matter...then I can!!

According to him, y’all are big buds...so maybe you should talk to him about opening his mouth and inserting his foot almost EVERY TIME he posts something!;) You can pull up the same kind of post from half of the sweetwater posters. Talking about "History". If you really think about it you already know that. Sure, he is pulling up something from 3 years ago. Sweetwater fans do that kind of thing more than anyone though over all. I dont know about the other stuff you wrote.:rolleyes: Your Sweetwater red is showing under the Blue;)

Curly
11-12-2007, 12:12 PM
You can pull up the same kind of post from half of the sweetwater posters. Talking about "History". If you really think about it you already know that. Sure, he is pulling up something from 3 years ago. Sweetwater fans do that kind of thing more than anyone though over all. I dont know about the other stuff you wrote.:rolleyes: Your Sweetwater red is showing under the Blue;)

Hey you got one win to talk about
one win
and that was what 3 years ago
you post somethin everytime the word Sweetwater shows up

What you need to be doing is concering yourself with Brownfield
your boy str already has you beating Monahans
So I guess Brownfield isn't going to show up thursday
The UIL gave you a 2 year break, of course you dodged Sweetwater in non dist. too
Wonder what your boy CR140T is thinking about this week
Monahans,
Sweetwater
or Brownfield
aint hard to see where your mind is --- it aint on Brownfield for sure
nope you are still enjoying a win from 04

Black_Magic
11-12-2007, 12:30 PM
nope you are still enjoying a win from 04 WOW! it still burn that bad now does it? :eek: Guess it does. I tell you what I wont post about a sweetwater game until they are out ( that would be this weekend) OK?;) otherwise I think counseling may do you good. It would help you get over 04.;)

Curly
11-12-2007, 12:33 PM
WOW! it still burn that bad now does it? :eek: Guess it does. I tell you what I wont post about a sweetwater game until they are out ( that would be this weekend) OK?;) otherwise I think counseling may do you good. It would help you get over 04.;)
youd be the one to know about counseling

how you guys do against Monahans the last time you played

or Sweetwater the last time you played

Sweetwater Red
11-12-2007, 12:41 PM
WOW! it still burn that bad now does it? :eek: Guess it does. I tell you what I wont post about a sweetwater game until they are out ( that would be this weekend) OK?;) otherwise I think counseling may do you good. It would help you get over 04.;)

I'll say this. That 53-20 thrashing ya'll recieved in the next
round falls more in line with Snyder's history than Sweetwater's.
BTW, thanks for taking one for the team.

Ranger Mom
11-12-2007, 12:53 PM
Your Sweetwater red is showing under the Blue;)

That shows just how misinformed you are!!

If it came down to it...I would root for a Snyder win over Sweetwater!!

This has nothing to do with "Snyder/Sweetwater" and everything to do with STR and his silly posts!!

How come every time there is a point made to y'all (you and STR) that you can't defend, you either, 1) don't respond...like STR (I think he is scared or something). or 2) You bring up something that has nothing to do with what was said and try to rationalize it??

If those words are too big for you, let me know and I will spell them out for you!

:D

Black_Magic
11-12-2007, 02:00 PM
Im not saying I would have brought up the 21-20 from 04. or that I care one way or another. what I am saying is that the same crap is said the other way about snyder and "thats fine" apparently. I just pointed out a double standard IMO. I could pull up posts to support it that have Sweetwater folks bringing up past games and seasons etc.... but why do that ? we all know they could be found easily so whats the point? The only reason I find the thread kinda funny is how Sweetwater posters who practicaly jumped ship early in the season are now big supporters and gungho:doh: I can defend what I said. Its simple. I think it is a double standard to bash who ever (STR included) for something that was said when you have had the same kind of stuff said from another group. Its thats simple. maybe its a case of turning a blind eye to others i dont really know. but now your going to jump on me for calling attention to it?:rolleyes:

This board has been good amusment. especialy the change in Sweetwater fair weather fans.:p from writing the season off to Look out here we come!:clap:

jason
11-12-2007, 02:09 PM
ill be having dinner with sweetwater people, sitting with them at the game, and sitting on the sweetwater side...

so ill take bridgeport +14....

Curly
11-12-2007, 02:11 PM

Look out here we come!:clap:

That's what snyder fears most about Sweetwater, the fact that they cannot dodge and duck the Mustangs for much longer

Black_Magic
11-12-2007, 02:16 PM
That's what snyder fears most about Sweetwater, the fact that they cannot dodge and duck the Mustangs for much longer You have no Idea at all do you? We pray for a mustang matchup. we dont think it will happen till next regular season though. I honestly believe if sweetwater is not done this week they are for sure next. but it would be sweet to hang 50+ on the red and white.... Spread the Red!
http://www.tigersinthesky.com/images/photos/tige054.JPG

Sweetwater Red
11-12-2007, 02:19 PM

so ill take bridgeport +14....

If you're as big as some of the pics on here make appear to be and
are going to have Du_stud sitting next to you I doubt you're
gonna catch much flak about that.

DU_stud04
11-12-2007, 02:20 PM
You have no Idea at all do you? We pray for a mustang matchup. we dont think it will happen till next regular season though. I honestly believe if sweetwater is not done this week they are for sure next. but it would be sweet to hang 50+ on the red and white.... Spread the Red!
http://www.tigersinthesky.com/images/photos/tige054.JPG http://www.worldwildlife.org/tigers/images/traffic1.jpg

here kitty kitty

DU_stud04
11-12-2007, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
gonna catch much flak about that. hahahaha

jason
11-12-2007, 02:22 PM
gonna catch much flak about that. haha...true....

you should join us at montanas before the game for cold beer and cheese fries...mmm.....

DU_stud04
11-12-2007, 02:39 PM
haha...true....

you should join us at montanas before the game for cold beer and cheese fries...mmm..... the cheddar fries are pretty darm good.

Sweetwater Red
11-12-2007, 02:43 PM
haha...true....

you should join us at montanas before the game for cold beer and cheese fries...mmm.....

Thanks. I would but I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to make
the game. It's kind of out of my hands.:(

Curly
11-12-2007, 02:55 PM
You have no Idea at all do you? We pray for a mustang matchup. we dont think it will happen till next regular season though. I honestly believe if sweetwater is not done this week they are for sure next. but it would be sweet to hang 50+ on the red and white.... Spread the Red!
http://www.tigersinthesky.com/images/photos/tige054.JPG

Well it would be the first time snyder ever scored 50 on the mustangs

yeah check the history, of course if you want to know how many the tigers scored the last time they dared to play Sweetwater it aint hard to find either

Last meeting between Sweetwater and Snyder
in Snyder
the tigers posted a grand total of 6 points

just need 44 more to get to your hangin number

DU_stud04
11-12-2007, 03:09 PM
Well it would be the first time snyder ever scored 50 on the mustangs

Sweetwater has scored over 50 points once against Snyder, 1988 55-6. The highest Snyder has scored against Sweetwater was in 1975,42-7. The lowest scoring game between the two towns goes back to 1965 where they tied...0-0.

Ranger Mom
11-12-2007, 04:14 PM
Im not saying I would have brought up the 21-20 from 04. or that I care one way or another. what I am saying is that the same crap is said the other way about snyder and "thats fine" apparently. I just pointed out a double standard IMO. I could pull up posts to support it that have Sweetwater folks bringing up past games and seasons etc.... but why do that ? we all know they could be found easily so whats the point? The only reason I find the thread kinda funny is how Sweetwater posters who practicaly jumped ship early in the season are now big supporters and gungho:doh: I can defend what I said. Its simple. I think it is a double standard to bash who ever (STR included) for something that was said when you have had the same kind of stuff said from another group. Its thats simple. maybe its a case of turning a blind eye to others i dont really know. but now your going to jump on me for calling attention to it?:rolleyes:

This board has been good amusment. especialy the change in Sweetwater fair weather fans.:p from writing the season off to Look out here we come!:clap:

:hand: I give up....you are SO missing the point!!

:rolleyes:

Sweetwater Red
11-12-2007, 04:23 PM
Where's the one Bridgeport/Red Sox fan? Did he read 44inarow's sig or
something?:thinking: :D

TheDOCTORdre
11-12-2007, 07:50 PM

The only reason I find the thread kinda funny is how Sweetwater posters who practicaly jumped ship early in the season are now big supporters and gungho:doh:

I can only assume and I might be wrong about this, but that this is a reference to me and my attitude. Which, if it is the you are mistaken, I am in no way shape or form telling people to look out for Sweetwater, I am however rooting for the Big Red as I always am. People got thier feelings all hurt and thought I was a Sweetwater hater at the beginning of the season, but I was just stating my opinion that I thought the stangs had a weak team this year; however I never stopped rooting for the Stangs. Of course if this post wasnt directed at me, then I havent explained myself for nothing. But anyways its all good.

ASUFrisbeeStud
11-12-2007, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
I can only assume and I might be wrong about this, but that this is a reference to me and my attitude. Which, if it is the you are mistaken, I am in no way shape or form telling people to look out for Sweetwater, I am however rooting for the Big Red as I always am. People got thier feelings all hurt and thought I was a Sweetwater hater at the beginning of the season, but I was just stating my opinion that I thought the stangs had a weak team this year; however I never stopped rooting for the Stangs. Of course if this post wasnt directed at me, then I havent explained myself for nothing. But anyways its all good.

Gosh Dre, you're such a fair weather fan.

Rattlesnake_08
11-12-2007, 08:36 PM
Sweetwater 28

Bridgeport 27

TheDOCTORdre
11-12-2007, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Gosh Dre, you're such a fair weather fan.
I know I am lol

its_n_D_water
11-12-2007, 09:09 PM
http://www.tigersinthesky.com/images/photos/tige054.JPG Dude ....I think thats a moose....lol

mchavez
11-12-2007, 10:27 PM
doesn't matter who wins because vernon will take them out the next week!

sweetwater07
11-12-2007, 10:37 PM
my heart says sweetwater, but my head says bridgeport.....i think they win by 7-10

wtxfootball08
11-13-2007, 09:18 AM
I'm pulling for the mustangs... they are a tough team to beat, and i think they are going to represent district 7-3a well... Hopefully we can meet back up with yall at the end of region 1

Stangster
11-13-2007, 12:07 PM
Bad luck for Bridgeport, playing at Stephenville, Sweetwater's playoff home away from home. Sweetwater wins 28 - 14. Go Mustangs!

Texasfootball2
11-13-2007, 12:18 PM
This should be one of the best if not the best first round game in region 1 along with Cylde/Argyle. Both games seemingly could go either way. What makes the Sweetwater/Bridgeport game so interesting is the difference in styles. If Sweetwater ever gets a lead they can run some serious clock off the board and make it very frustrating. I think for Bridgeport to win they will have to jump out to a lead and stay ahead of Sweetwater, not allowing them to stay on schedule. If Jackson ever gets a lead you will start seeing those 12 play drives that take 8:00+ minutes off the clock. If they had a good FG kicker they would even be more dangerous.

Curly
11-13-2007, 12:19 PM
Sweetwater wins in Stephenville

Black_Magic
11-13-2007, 12:23 PM
Sweetwater wins in Stephenville OK:rolleyes:

Sweetwater Red
11-13-2007, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
This should be one of the best if not the best first round game in region 1 along with Cylde/Argyle. Both games seemingly could go either way. What makes the Sweetwater/Bridgeport game so interesting is the difference in styles. If Sweetwater ever gets a lead they can run some serious clock off the board and make it very frustrating. I think for Bridgeport to win they will have to jump out to a lead and stay ahead of Sweetwater, not allowing them to stay on schedule. If Jackson ever gets a lead you will start seeing those 12 play drives that take 8:00+ minutes off the clock. If they had a good FG kicker they would even be more dangerous.

Hey! We tried a 30+ yard FG once with a stiff wind at the kickers
back. It almost made it to the endzone.:D

DaHop72
11-13-2007, 12:24 PM
If they had a good FG kicker they would even be more dangerous. Sounds like another team I know.:thinking:

Curly
11-13-2007, 12:32 PM
OK:rolleyes:

Man you sure spend a lot of time looking at the post dealing with Sweetwater
guess you already have Brownfield beaten

but strange that CR140T aint concerned with the Mustangs yet
at least not near as much as some folks from snyder

STANG RED
11-13-2007, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by oldcrow
I smell a upset

Since there is no clear favorite here, how can you have an upset?:confused:
Who wins in your mind, if this is an upset?

buff4life
11-13-2007, 12:46 PM
Bridgeport by 2 tds...

Sweetwater Red
11-13-2007, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Since there is no clear favorite here, how can you have an upset?:confused:
Who wins in your mind, if this is an upset?

You'll have to excuse him. He thought BP was favored by 14.:devil: :D

Stangster
11-13-2007, 12:50 PM
:hand: I give up....you are SO missing the point!!

:rolleyes:

I gave up arguing with Black Magic years ago. It's like beating your head against a brickwall. (doesn't accomplish anything and leaves you with a headache):doh:

Stangster
11-13-2007, 12:55 PM
Evidently it will "upset" alot of Snyder posters if Sweetwater wins.
Some seem more concerned about that than if Snyder wins.

Just my onion.:doh:

DaHop72
11-13-2007, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Stangster
Evidently it will "upset" alot of Snyder posters if Sweetwater wins.
Some seem more concerned about that than if Snyder wins.

Just my onion.:doh: :dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd:

Sweetwater Red
11-13-2007, 01:17 PM
Sweetwater plays BP and their two posters.

Snyder plays Brownfield and their no posters.

Of course we're gonna wander into one another's territory.

That's what "we" do.:D

Butkus
11-13-2007, 01:29 PM
This should be one of the best if not the best first round game in region 1 along with Cylde/Argyle. Both games seemingly could go either way. What makes the Sweetwater/Bridgeport game so interesting is the difference in styles. If Sweetwater ever gets a lead they can run some serious clock off the board and make it very frustrating. I think for Bridgeport to win they will have to jump out to a lead and stay ahead of Sweetwater, not allowing them to stay on schedule. If Jackson ever gets a lead you will start seeing those 12 play drives that take 8:00+ minutes off the clock. If they had a good FG kicker they would even be more dangerous. Imma thinkin maybe r Mustangs have a kicker that maybe were jus not a usin. Course that could be said fur a few uther positions as well. U no sometimes its not how gooda player u r as much a who u r ifin ya no what i mean.:doh:

Butkus
11-13-2007, 01:31 PM
Man you sure spend a lot of time looking at the post dealing with Sweetwater
guess you already have Brownfield beaten

but strange that CR140T aint concerned with the Mustangs yet
at least not near as much as some folks from snyder Heck Curly u gotta furgive ole blackie fur always appearin on tha Sweetwater threads. Imma thinkin maybe ifin Coach Jackson were ta leave he might jus put in his resume ya think.:devil:

LH Panther Mom
11-13-2007, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Butkus
Imma thinkin maybe ifin Coach Jackson were ta leave he might jus put in his resume ya think.:devil:
Lord help us all! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sweetwater Red
11-13-2007, 01:41 PM
Heck Curly u gotta furgive ole blackie fur always appearin on tha Sweetwater threads. Imma thinkin maybe ifin Coach Jackson were ta leave he might jus put in his resume ya think.:devil:

For those of you that don't speak hillbilly...resume means
resignation to us...I mean them.:doh: :D

Butkus
11-13-2007, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Lord help us all! :eek: :eek: :eek: Course he wood hafta wear a white shirt cause tha red one might clash ifin ya no whut i mean.:devil:

Butkus
11-13-2007, 01:43 PM
For those of you that don't speak hillbilly...resume means
resignation to us...I mean them.:doh: :D No no dangit ole Sweetwater Red imma sayin ifin Coach Jackson left that ole blackie might wanna put in fur tha job. Clear as mud now.:devil:
Hillbilly well i swear.

LH Panther Mom
11-13-2007, 01:44 PM
Course he wood hafta wear a white shirt cause tha red one might clash ifin ya no whut i mean.:devil:
I hear ya loud & clear. :D ;)

Sweetwater Red
11-13-2007, 01:47 PM
Course he wood hafta wear a white shirt cause tha red one might clash ifin ya no whut i mean.:devil:

I'm picturing Yosemite Sam for some reason.:thinking: :devil:

Sweetwater Red
11-13-2007, 01:48 PM
No no dangit ole Sweetwater Red imma sayin ifin Coach Jackson left that ole blackie might wanna put in fur tha job. Clear as mud now.:devil:
Hillbilly well i swear.

Well, that would set Sweetwater's program back 10 years.:devil:

Butkus
11-13-2007, 01:50 PM
I'm picturing Yosemite Sam for some reason.:thinking: :devil: http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/9700/ysamcq1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
:devil:

Black_Magic
11-13-2007, 03:08 PM
Heck Curly u gotta furgive ole blackie fur always appearin on tha Sweetwater threads. Imma thinkin maybe ifin Coach Jackson were ta leave he might jus put in his resume ya think.:devil: Ya mean to just run the program farther into the dirt ? Hmmmm... Nah!;)

Sweetwater Red
11-13-2007, 03:26 PM
Ya mean to just run the program farther into the dirt ? Hmmmm... Nah!;)

All time play-off records

Sweetwater 45-23-2

Snyder 13-20

Hmmm.:thinking:

Black_Magic
11-13-2007, 03:39 PM
All time play-off records

Sweetwater 45-23-2

Snyder 13-20

Hmmm.:thinking:
And the French army was unbeatable at one time. Romans also had thier day. what you posted and what i just wrote have two things in comon.. HISTORY . Those French and Romans sure are tough right now arnt they :clap: :clap: what sweetwater did even 10 years ago means ZIP! you know that though. Its why you fall back on it. Should STR bring up 21-20? no it dont mean nothing right now. It still burns you guys up but actualy means nothing. Sweetwater started the downhill slide last year vs Vernon and continues vs Bridgport. #3 seed in the district??????:eek: BTW ... You like to point out snyder only had to beat Lamesa to make the playoffs. Sweetwater only had to beat comanche and breck to make playoffs. Snyder was undefeated in the district and the closest other team came was within 26 points ( because the dogs were pulled off ). But you keep mouthing... its funny.. Sweetwater best 6-4 team in the state....???? not really but it sounds better that way:p

Stangster
11-13-2007, 03:47 PM
The French had an army? I thought all they did was make mustard.

Spread the yellow

Sweetwater Red
11-13-2007, 03:50 PM
And the French army was unbeatable at one time. Romans also had thier day. what you posted and what i just wrote have two things in comon.. HISTORY . Those French and Romans sure are tough right now arnt they :clap: :clap: what sweetwater did even 10 years ago means ZIP! you know that though. Its why you fall back on it. Should STR bring up 21-20? no it dont mean nothing right now. It still burns you guys up but actualy means nothing. Sweetwater started the downhill slide last year vs Vernon and continues vs Bridgport. #3 seed in the district??????:eek: BTW ... You like to point out snyder only had to beat Lamesa to make the playoffs. Sweetwater only had to beat comanche and breck to make playoffs. Snyder was undefeated in the district and the closest other team came was within 26 points ( because the dogs were pulled off ). But you keep mouthing... its funny.. Sweetwater best 6-4 team in the state....???? not really but it sounds better that way:p

Yesterday you were talking about how many gold balls Snyder
has. Did they get all them this year:thinking: or does it just hurt
when your rival points out that they have four times as many. :thinking:

Sweetwater here....

Snyder here....

Which program is being "run farther in the dirt" as you put it.

Sweetwater Red
11-13-2007, 04:50 PM
Sweetwater question.

Last week against Breckenridge we had a freshman starting at
DT. It was his first varsity game. Was he starting out of
necessity or did he take the job? I think his last name was Walker.

STANG RED
11-13-2007, 05:14 PM
Ya mean to just run the program farther into the dirt ? Hmmmm... Nah!;)

Blackie, your always the first to run to Jacksons defense when one of us says something negative about him, but by this post it appears your saying he has ran the program into the dirt.:confused:
Make up your mind why dont ya!

sweetwater07
11-13-2007, 06:19 PM
Blackie, your always the first to run to Jacksons defense when one of us says something negative about him, but by this post it appears your saying he has ran the program into the dirt.:confused:
Make up your mind why dont ya!

i heard Jackson might be gone after this season

STANG RED
11-13-2007, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
i heard Jackson might be gone after this season

Yeah, blah blah blah I hear the same story every year. I'll believe it when I see it.
When he does leave, they'll just stick Al Hunt in his place probably. So nothing will really change much.:( :( :(

slpybear the bullfan
11-13-2007, 08:13 PM
Someone alert the trainers that the AED will be needed OFF the field for slpybear if that happens. :D

ROFL... Definitely!

slpybear the bullfan
11-13-2007, 08:15 PM
This thread fell all the way to page 4?:(

Does no one care about Bridgeport?:D :devil:

No... its just that nobody gives a Rats You-Know-What about seeing ANOTHER thread get hijacked into a friggin Snyder vs. Sweetwater bitch session.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

slpybear the bullfan
11-13-2007, 08:18 PM
Where's the one Bridgeport/Red Sox fan? Did he read 44inarow's sig or
something?:thinking: :D

NO. Just trying to figure out what I know about Snyder vs. Sweetwater so I can post in the Sweetwater vs. Bridgeport thread.

*Sheesh* :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

slpybear the bullfan
11-13-2007, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Stangster
Bad luck for Bridgeport, playing at Stephenville, Sweetwater's playoff home away from home. Sweetwater wins 28 - 14. Go Mustangs!

I think Bridgeport is undefeated at Stephenville. Have to check on that but it has been the start of several good runs for the Bulls.

sweetwater07
11-13-2007, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
I think Bridgeport is undefeated at Stephenville. Have to check on that but it has been the start of several good runs for the Bulls.

i think sweetwater is too

wildstangs
11-13-2007, 08:59 PM

We beat the Bulls there my senior year. 2000 was the season. Mychael Carrillo VS. Phil Daugherty.

Sweetwater Red
11-13-2007, 09:33 PM
No... its just that nobody gives a Rats You-Know-What about seeing ANOTHER thread get hijacked into a friggin Snyder vs. Sweetwater bitch session.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I was just kidding. I was playing off there being 20+ Sweetwater
posters vs. what two.:thinking:

Sweetwater Red
11-13-2007, 09:38 PM
NO. Just trying to figure out what I know about Snyder vs. Sweetwater so I can post in the Sweetwater vs. Bridgeport thread.

*Sheesh* :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If you read 44inrow's sig it says something to the effect that
"You shouldn't argue with idiots, they will bring you down to
their level and beat you with experience". I thought maybe you
took her advice. God god man, am I not expreesing myself
clearly enough on this board when I post or do you just need
some sleep?:thinking:

Bullaholic
11-13-2007, 10:51 PM
I was just kidding. I was playing off there being 20+ Sweetwater
posters vs. what two.:thinking:

Better make that THREE, Red............

pirate4state
11-13-2007, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

:eek: :eek: :eek:

:) :) :)

lakers
11-13-2007, 10:57 PM
Why does it seem that all threads become sweetwater snyder threads. they will never give it up will they:dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd:

rangerjoe33
11-13-2007, 10:58 PM
If SW loses something is really wrong...

LH Panther Mom
11-13-2007, 11:12 PM
It's about time! :thumbsup:

DaHop72
11-13-2007, 11:25 PM
Better make that THREE, Red............ :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Snyder_TigerFan
11-13-2007, 11:33 PM

Woohoo! One mustn't forget Bullaholic!:D

Stownhorse
11-14-2007, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by rangerjoe33
If SW loses something is really wrong...

Dont be suprised.

sweetwater07
11-14-2007, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Dont be suprised.

riiiiiiiight, they don't even care if they win or not

blaster
11-14-2007, 09:03 AM
Bridgeport will win this game. Sweetwater seems to have a focus problem. They are too worried about Snyder to prepare for this week!

Bulls too have a good recored at TSU and that streak continues this week! Go Bulls!

Sweetwater Red
11-14-2007, 09:07 AM

I stand corrected.:doh: :D

blaster
11-14-2007, 09:10 AM
It's about time! :thumbsup:

Make that 4!

Sweetwater Red
11-14-2007, 09:16 AM
Well, let's talk some Sweetwater/Bridgeport football by god!:D

Black_Magic
11-14-2007, 09:24 AM
Well, let's talk some Sweetwater/Bridgeport football by god!:D Nah!!! I want to talk about getting the sweetwater job and then handing out pink slips:devil: Ifin its all right with sum fellers on here.;) nah lets talk sweetwater bridgport... Bridgport by 10

Curly
11-14-2007, 09:50 AM
Nah!!! I want to talk about getting the sweetwater job and then handing out pink slips:devil: Ifin its all right with sum fellers on here.;) nah lets talk sweetwater bridgport... Bridgport by 10

WOW
Guess ole CR140T is aware you are looking for a new job!!!
Only problem is nobody else will hire you, what with all the time you spend worring about the Sweetwater Mustangs, it must be hard to take care of the team you are suppose to be concerned with........
Hope you have your kids ready to play tomorrow, or have you been talkin to em all week about a possible Sweetwater match up
can see it now

Blacky: " Guys we need to be ready for the #10 kid running the show for the Mustangs"

Player#1: "uh coach don't we play the Cubs this week?"

Blacky: " yeah yeah but this kid from Sweetwater is dangerous, we need at least 3 weeks to get ready for him"

Player #2: Uh coach if we beat Brownfield, our next game would be with Monahans right, shouldn't we at least look at those guys, maybe go back over the film from the first game of the season?"

Blacky : Now listen to me guys we have to be ready, Sweetwater beat Canyon, and we didn't do so well against them, That Sweetwater defense is good, we have to find a way move the ball on em now."

CR140T: Blacky can I speak to you for a moment, -- You got all the Sweetwater games broken down yet?

Blacky : "Yeah had it done last Saturday morning......Biggest game we will ever play "

The One
11-14-2007, 10:36 AM
Bridgeport will bring in there 7-3 record to Stephenville on Friday night on a roll after losing a heartbreak game in overtime against Decatur (Biggest Rivalry Game) in the first week of District play. Bridgeport pulled off an incredible win against Argyle on the road in which the defense sacked JJ Harp 12 times.

Bridgeport's offense has been non consistent this season, you really never know what team is going to show up. Defensively its been the same way no consistency. One week they look like the doomsday defense the next it looks like no one is home..

One thing for sure, Bridgeport has made some changes in the last 3 weeks on defense and offense. Since those changes the secondary has greatly improved. Bridgeport has 5 of the top 10 area leading interceptors. Most of those coming in the last 3 weeks as Bridgeport picked off 8 passes in the last 3 games including 4 against Argyles all state QB JJ HARP. Bridgeport has also made a backfield change which has a big Thunder and Lightening threat in the backfield. Your not use to seeing a Bridgeport team with a running game but this team has a great running, passing and kicking game.

At the QB, Green has been impressive all season, by far the most athletic QB Bridgeport has had pass through here. Making things happen through the air and on the ground. Kilpatrik and Krebbs is his favorite targets but over the last 4 weeks the Bulls have been able to work in 5 other receivers into the game quite a bit which make the passing game even that much tougher to defend.

If Bridgeport beats Sweetwater this week, it will be an upset! That being said this game will not be decided by double digits. Your in for a really good game decided by a TD. I will be there calling the game on the radio. If you are anywhere west of Fort Worth you can hear it on 88.5 FM or online at www.fridaynightfever.net

My Prediction Bridgeport 39 Sweetwater 36

Sweetwater Red
11-14-2007, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by The One
Bridgeport will bring in there 7-3 record to Stephenville on Friday night on a roll after losing a heartbreak game in overtime against Decatur (Biggest Rivalry Game) in the first week of District play. Bridgeport pulled off an incredible win against Argyle on the road in which the defense sacked JJ Harp 12 times.

Bridgeport's offense has been non consistent this season, you really never know what team is going to show up. Defensively its been the same way no consistency. One week they look like the doomsday defense the next it looks like no one is home..

One thing for sure, Bridgeport has made some changes in the last 3 weeks on defense and offense. Since those changes the secondary has greatly improved. Bridgeport has 5 of the top 10 area leading interceptors. Most of those coming in the last 3 weeks as Bridgeport picked off 8 passes in the last 3 games including 4 against Argyles all state QB JJ HARP. Bridgeport has also made a backfield change which has a big Thunder and Lightening threat in the backfield. Your not use to seeing a Bridgeport team with a running game but this team has a great running, passing and kicking game.

At the QB, Green has been impressive all season, by far the most athletic QB Bridgeport has had pass through here. Making things happen through the air and on the ground. Kilpatrik and Krebbs is his favorite targets but over the last 4 weeks the Bulls have been able to work in 5 other receivers into the game quite a bit which make the passing game even that much tougher to defend.

If Bridgeport beats Sweetwater this week, it will be an upset! That being said this game will not be decided by double digits. Your in for a really good game decided by a TD. I will be there calling the game on the radio. If you are anywhere west of Fort Worth you can hear it on 88.5 FM or online at www.fridaynightfever.net

My Prediction Bridgeport 39 Sweetwater 36

Nice post.:)

Sweetwater's offense plays one game looking like a well oiled
machine then follows that up by shooting themselves in the foot.

Our defense plays a bend but don't break style. They've allowed
a fair share of points but usually come up with a big stop when
they need too.

It looks like our QB's role has increased. It appears he won't be
leaving the field except for when we are punting or kicking off.

I too think it will be a high scoring affair.

Sweetwater 34
Bridgeport 31

Butkus
11-14-2007, 11:41 AM
Better brace r selfs ole Sweetwater Red lookin like we gotta couple a bull fans waitin ta be turned loose ta post.:devil:

Sweetwater Red
11-14-2007, 11:44 AM
Better brace r selfs ole Sweetwater Red lookin like we gotta couple a bull fans waitin ta be turned loose ta post.:devil:

Hopefully they aren't as sensitive as the one who posted on
here last night.:rolleyes:

Butkus
11-14-2007, 11:49 AM
Hopefully they aren't as sensitive as the one who posted on
here last night.:rolleyes: Heck ole Red everbody gets a burr undur thar saddle ever now an agin.:D

Sweetwater Red
11-14-2007, 11:55 AM
Heck ole Red everbody gets a burr undur thar saddle ever now an agin.:D

I know. I just figured since he didn't reply to my responses last
night I would take a jab and leave it at that.:D :devil:

Sweetwater Red
11-14-2007, 01:02 PM
I guess the Bridgeport posters prefer to let their team do the
talking on the field.:thinking:

Who's ever heard of that crap?:confused:

Oh well. I know the Vernon posters will have plenty to say when
we play them in the second round.:D

The One
11-14-2007, 01:04 PM
This season has proved to be a season like no other for the Bulls. We are usually raving about the incredible numbers the passing game is putting up but its the rushing game that has been the surprise that has really given Bport a balanced attack.

During the 5 District Games the Bulls averaged 181 yards on the ground and 251 through the air.

Led through the air by the ever so quick but extremely accurate Cameron Green at QB. He has completed 65% of his passes over the last 5 weeks and thrown only 1 interception in 127 attempts. They are averaging 15 yds per pass play. The Bulls have scored 9 TD's through the air and 16 on the ground where they are averaging 5 yds per carry.

The Bulls are by far playing there best ball heading into the playoffs which is what they need.. Now we will have to wait and see if they can play consistent ball.

Does anyone have any numbers for Sweetwater?

Sweetwater Red
11-14-2007, 01:11 PM
This season has proved to be a season like no other for the Bulls. We are usually raving about the incredible numbers the passing game is putting up but its the rushing game that has been the surprise that has really given Bport a balanced attack.

During the 5 District Games the Bulls averaged 181 yards on the ground and 251 through the air.

Led through the air by the ever so quick but extremely accurate Cameron Green at QB. He has completed 65% of his passes over the last 5 weeks and thrown only 1 interception in 127 attempts. They are averaging 15 yds per pass play. The Bulls have scored 9 TD's through the air and 16 on the ground where they are averaging 5 yds per carry.

The Bulls are by far playing there best ball heading into the playoffs which is what they need.. Now we will have to wait and see if they can play consistent ball.

Does anyone have any numbers for Sweetwater?

Probably not 100% accurate but they never are in the newspaper.

Sweetwater

http://stats.reporternews.com/football/boys/teams/754/2007-2008/

Bridgeport

http://stats.reporternews.com/football/boys/teams/456/2007-2008/

I just realized BP's is way incomplete. I was surprised the Abilene
Reporter even had them listed as a team. I figured they'd be
considered out of ARN's area. My bag.

rangerjim
11-14-2007, 01:22 PM
In response the "The One"'s earlier post - isn't weird that your score prediction eeriely matches the poll results right now?

Poll Bridgeport 39-37
Your prediction Bridgeport 39-36

Black_Magic
11-14-2007, 01:26 PM
Dont worry Currly. You would have plenty of time to find a new job. I would give you that consideration at least.. Your welcome;) :p

The One
11-14-2007, 01:28 PM
Yeah I guess so. I didn't even realize that..

The more I look into this game the more I think its going to be lower score game then my prediction. These two teams actually match up pretty good on paper.

Probably why the line is only 3 pts on this game..

If Bport can not slow down the running game it could be a long night.

Texasfootball2
11-14-2007, 01:33 PM
Yeah I guess so. I didn't even realize that..

The more I look into this game the more I think its going to be lower score game then my prediction. These two teams actually match up pretty good on paper.

Probably why the line is only 3 pts on this game..

If Bport can not slow down the running game it could be a long night.

I posted this yesterday, but if Bridgeport allows Sweetwater to get a lead. The Mustangs will drive them nuts with their ball control offense that just chews up the clock. The flip side is that if Bridgeport jumps out to an early lead, Sweetwater's offense is not a come from behind style.

Which ever team comes out of the gate early and jumps on top will win this game, in my opinion, because the styles are so contrasting.

Sweetwater Red
11-14-2007, 01:36 PM
I posted this yesterday, but if Bridgeport allows Sweetwater to get a lead. The Mustangs will drive them nuts with their ball control offense that just chews up the clock. The flip side is that if Bridgeport jumps out to an early lead, Sweetwater's offense is not a come from behind style.

Which ever team comes out of the gate early and jumps on top will win this game, in my opinion, because the styles are so contrasting.

Yeah, when we score first it seems like we try to run out the
clock from there or hope our QB breaks one running the option.

Stownhorse
11-14-2007, 01:51 PM
Yeah, when we score first it seems like we try to run out the
clock from there or hope our QB breaks one running the option.

haha:clap:

Who-dun-it!!?
11-14-2007, 04:52 PM
Stangs by 10

Budman007
11-14-2007, 05:06 PM
Bridgeport looking reeeeeeeallly good lately.

Bulls by 10.

You're close, Sply. Bulls win 38-27. Too much firepower for Sweetwater to keep up with.

slpybear the bullfan
11-14-2007, 05:07 PM
I know. I just figured since he didn't reply to my responses last
night I would take a jab and leave it at that.:D :devil: LOL... Thin Skinned?

Not hardly. The ol Slpybear just has a job and only a few minutes a day to get online and check the board.

My comments were all aimed at you Snyder-Sweetwater guys who have this love-fest where you hate each other so much you can't stand to not talk about each other... LOL, heck, check out the tongue in cheek post I made regarding You guys and the Mars Lander Missions! ;)

Bulls by 10.

slpybear the bullfan
11-14-2007, 05:11 PM

Seems like games like this favor the team who has the Big Defensive plays to break open the game...INT or Fumble return for TDs... etc.

Bridgeport's FG kicking could be decisive...

Sweetwater Red
11-14-2007, 05:39 PM
LOL... Thin Skinned?

Not hardly. The ol Slpybear just has a job and only a few minutes a day to get online and check the board.

My comments were all aimed at you Snyder-Sweetwater guys who have this love-fest where you hate each other so much you can't stand to not talk about each other... LOL, heck, check out the tongue in cheek post I made regarding You guys and the Mars Lander Missions! ;)

Bulls by 10.

Apology accepted. Now we can move on.:D

If we can play disciplined on the offensive side of the ball and
not commit silly unforced turnovers this could be a good one.:D

If it comes down to the kicking game....good luck Bridgeport
against Vernon next week.:(

sweetwater07
11-14-2007, 06:19 PM
sounds like this will be a good game, but i really think Bridgeport will pull it out

STANG RED
11-14-2007, 07:18 PM
I think most of you guys are thinking more points will be scored than actually will be. I dont see either team getting the 30. If one does, that'll be your winner. I'm thinking more like high teens or low twentys. 17-21 might be close. I'm just hoping Swater has the 21. Oughta be a good game either way.

VERNONLION#1
11-14-2007, 10:31 PM

If Bridgeports happens to get by Sweetwater and Vernon gets lucky against Perryton where would that game possibly be played. Not considering WF(Memorial Stadium).

garciap77
11-14-2007, 11:01 PM
Sweetwater will win this game if the play like they played Clyde. If Sweetwater plays like they played Wylie they will lose. Sweetwater did not play Wylie like they played Clyde and to me it seem like a whole different SW team. That said, I wish Sweetwater best of luck and that they represent our district well.
Go Stangs!!!

BullsFan
11-14-2007, 11:52 PM
I think this game will be close, which is the WORST kind. For me, anyway, since I get so nervous I end up closing my eyes. But I think Bridgeport pulls it out. During our really good seasons, we really start heating up about this time, and all signs point to this being a really good season.

I am completely impartial and unbiased in my opinions, of course. ;)

Good to see so many Fever fans showing up over here!

Sweetwater Red
11-15-2007, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by BullsFan
I think this game will be close, which is the WORST kind. For me, anyway, since I get so nervous I end up closing my eyes.

You must have had your eyes closed for the entire play-off game
against Monahans a few years ago in Mustang Bowl.:D

That was one of the craziest games I've seen. Monahans
scored with a variety of players. Bridgeport said we're getting
the ball to Colin Jones. Monahans knew this and could do
nothing about it. Too bad your kicker was hurt. We would
have been playing ya'll in the next round instead of Monahans.

sweetwater07
11-15-2007, 10:49 AM
You must have had your eyes closed for the entire play-off game
against Monahans a few years ago in Mustang Bowl.:D

That was one of the craziest games I've seen. Monahans
scored with a variety of players. Bridgeport said we're getting
the ball to Colin Jones. Monahans knew this and could do
nothing about it. Too bad your kicker was hurt. We would
have been playing ya'll in the next round instead of Monahans.

that game was siiiiiick

The One
11-15-2007, 10:51 AM
Sick if you were a Bport fans.. Still though in 4 years of calling football games that is the best one I have had the honor of calling.

Sweetwater Red
11-15-2007, 11:07 AM
Sick if you were a Bport fans.. Still though in 4 years of calling football games that is the best one I have had the honor of calling.

I bet there was no "dead air" time in that broadcast.:thinking:

It was crazy enough watching it. I can imagine what it was
like for the broadcasters to try and keep up.:D

slpybear the bullfan
11-15-2007, 11:32 AM

LOL, the only apology I have/will make will be to Sweetwater Fans for the Bulls spanking the Mustangs...

Bulls by 10.

slpybear the bullfan
11-15-2007, 11:34 AM

One of my all-time LOVE-HATE games...

Incredible game... Colin Jones was just on a different plane that game. Sure wish we had a kicker.

One, do you guys have the audio of that game posted on the fever website anywhere? Would love to hear it sometime. Didn't hear any of it while at the game.

Also was a good game cause I got to meet so many of you in person, (Especially RangerMom!)

Sweetwater Red
11-15-2007, 11:39 AM
LOL, the only apology I have/will make will be to Sweetwater Fans for the Bulls spanking the Mustangs...

Bulls by 10.

A little smack from a Bridgeport fan. I love it. :D

Ranger Mom
11-15-2007, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Woohoo! One mustn't forget Bullaholic!:D

I almost started crying when I saw he had posted!!!!:clap: :clap:

Bullaholic
11-15-2007, 12:31 PM
I almost started crying when I saw he had posted!!!!:clap: :clap:

Some others may have, too, RM---but not because of sentimentality. :D

You are still one of the great ladies of the 3ADL, madam.

:inlove: :kiss:

Sweetwater Red
11-15-2007, 12:53 PM

Bulls by 10.

Bridgeport has 41 votes. Are you abusing your mod priveledges?:thinking: :D

rangerjim
11-15-2007, 02:02 PM
Gonna give the Bulls some love here. Think we're looking at a track meet here. Bridgeport by 6 on a 4th quarter comeback.

Sweetwater Red
11-15-2007, 03:01 PM
For those of you that don't know. Sweetwater is designated as
the home team.

Adidas410s
11-15-2007, 03:03 PM
For those of you that don't know. Sweetwater is designated as
the home team.

Did they ever get pink jerseys to match their endzones??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

lakers
11-15-2007, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Did they ever get pink jerseys to match their endzones??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

hahaha:clap:

slpybear the bullfan
11-15-2007, 05:51 PM
Bridgeport has 41 votes. Are you abusing your mod priveledges?:thinking: :D

Nope... and not my administrator priveledges either. ;)

CenTexSports
11-15-2007, 07:13 PM
After reading most of this thread, I am sorry I am going to miss the game. Originially, I was scheduled to be there but one of my associates had to cancel so we were cancelled. Good luck to everyone on the field Friday night.

slpybear the bullfan
11-16-2007, 12:52 AM
Great Pep Rally tonight in Bridgeport... GO BULLS!

DU_stud04
11-16-2007, 12:53 AM
everyone come eat at montanas before the game, come find me

bigron15
11-16-2007, 12:59 AM
does everyone like to diss on our endzones? its gettin old.

DU_stud04
11-16-2007, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by bigron15
does everyone like to diss on our endzones? its gettin old. sweetwater people diss on the pink endzones as well. its funny. roll with it.

STANG RED
11-16-2007, 01:32 AM
everyone come eat at montanas before the game, come find me

Where is it from the stadium?

DU_stud04
11-16-2007, 02:06 AM
Where is it from the stadium? its right across the street from the university, on washington next to the mc donalds. maybe jason or someone from stephenville can give better details

The One
11-16-2007, 07:43 AM
Anybody know where The Hard 8 is? That is where I am going to try to go eat at.

jason
11-16-2007, 10:03 AM
Anybody know where The Hard 8 is? That is where I am going to try to go eat at. its on the south loop @ 281 and 377...

try the pork chop.....

and they have free beer...

slpybear the bullfan
11-16-2007, 11:29 AM
ONE,

Here is the website...

http://www.hardeightbbq.com/home.html

My clan will all be there before the game.

blaster
11-16-2007, 11:44 AM
That is where the Bulls will be celebrating after the game!

Might want to call in reservations....we did.

garciap77
11-16-2007, 11:58 AM
Win or Loss?

STANG RED
11-16-2007, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by blaster
That is where the Bulls will be celebrating after the game!

Might want to call in reservations....we did.

My hat is off to you blaster. It shows great sportsmanship that you can still celebrate, even after a loss.:p :devil:

mrescape43
11-16-2007, 02:46 PM
My hat is off to you blaster. It shows great sportsmanship that you can still celebrate, even after a loss.:p :devil: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

Snyder_TigerFan
11-16-2007, 02:50 PM
Wow, 43 votes for Sweetwater and 42 for Bridgeport.

Ought to be a good game.

blaster
11-16-2007, 03:22 PM
We shall see my friends.......but I really do not see the Bulls getting beat as an option!

SwtwtrMstngs04
11-16-2007, 03:30 PM
Gotta pick the stangs in a close one.

SWMustang
11-16-2007, 11:10 PM
Bridgeport by 21

had to dig this up. Hey, at least STR had the "moxy" to post his feelings on the game for all to see which is more than I did. His "moxy" was wrong but he posted it...

SWMustang
11-16-2007, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by slingshot
I think it will all come down to turnovers... the 'Stangs are very dangerous if they can hang on to the ball--big 'IF' though. During their mid-season run and some impressive wins against good teams (Decatur, Canyon) they limited turnovers and chewed up the clock with their wishbone/option based attack--in their district losses against Clyde and Wylie big turnovers killed them. They can run the option as well as anyone when they get it cranked up...

looks like slingshot was all over this one. From the thread update it looks like SW won the turnover battle.