PDA

View Full Version : Castleberry, Your low class act isn't going to help you.

BullFrog Dad
11-09-2007, 11:28 AM
Well we host the Lions tonight with the winner getting the 3rd playoff spot in 3A-11. Well last night someone drove a pickup through two sections of fence at our field. Anyway they did a lot of damage doing donuts on the field which was pretty wet from the sprinkler system. But our great groundskeeper, LW coaches, AND Castleberry coaches are working on the field and should have it ready for tonight's kickoff. Heard from a good source that somebody has already leaked who was involved. I bet they'll have a fun weekend!

kaorder1999
11-09-2007, 11:31 AM
sounds to me like Castleberry is doing a pretty classy thing by helping repair the field.

CenTexSports
11-09-2007, 12:15 PM
If the field was wet, I am betting that Castleberry has some team speed. A wet field will slow them down every time.

BullFrog Dad
11-09-2007, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
sounds to me like Castleberry is doing a pretty classy thing by helping repair the field. It's just a few of the coaches, none of the students or players so hold up on the humanitarian awards. They know if this were to cause the game to be relocated things could get pretty nasty with the UIL.

Sweetwater Red
11-09-2007, 12:19 PM
Sounds more like a drunk driver than it does a vandal. A vandal
wouldn't risk damage to their own property and also possibly
leave evidence (paint, tire tracks, etc.).

3afan
11-09-2007, 12:21 PM
any PROOF it was a Castleberry student or anyone associated with CHS ?

probably not .......

BullFrog Dad
11-09-2007, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Sounds more like a drunk driver than it does a vandal. A vandal
wouldn't risk damage to their own property and also possibly
leave evidence (paint, tire tracks, etc.). You need help.

BullFrog Dad
11-09-2007, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
any PROOF it was a Castleberry student or anyone associated with CHS ?

probably not ....... Read the whole opening post.

Sweetwater Red
11-09-2007, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
You need help.

Why? For giving a logical explanation rather than wanting to
smear an entire town because of one idiot that"s probably not even from that town?:thinking:

kaorder1999
11-09-2007, 12:38 PM
Read the whole opening post.

he did read the whole post as I did but I still dont see the proof he was asking about. Your statement "Castleberry, your low class act isnt going to help you" is a shot at the entire school and community, not the one who did something stupid.

eagles_victory
11-09-2007, 12:45 PM
You need help. i think you need help. Help realizing that you cant assume somebody did something when you have very little evidence to prove it.

BullFrog Dad
11-09-2007, 01:04 PM
Last March I called out a poster because he said he wanted to snipe kids who walked across the track during a race. Everyone on the board jumped me feet first because he was one of the original members and I didn't understand that he was just kidding. Now someone damages our field and I'm in the wrong for reporting it. Now folks I understand that I'm not from one of the clique towns, I don't go to the M&Gs, don't chat, rarely PM, have a low rate of posts, and haven't handled the shirt. I do know this our field was a disaster this morning. If the same thing happens to Sweetwater's and Snyder was suspected the thread would have gone much differently. A drunk driver, Lord have mercy!

Sweetwater Red
11-09-2007, 01:11 PM
Last March I called out a poster because he said he wanted to snipe kids who walked across the track during a race. Everyone on the board jumped me feet first because he was one of the original members and I didn't understand that he was just kidding. Now someone damages our field and I'm in the wrong for reporting it. Now folks I understand that I'm not from one of the clique towns, I don't go to the M&Gs, don't chat, rarely PM, have a row rate of posts, and haven't handled the shirt. I do know this our field was a disaster this morning. If the same thing happens to Sweetwater's and Snyder was suspected the thread would have gone much differently. A drunk driver, Lord have mercy!

Who else would be stupid enough to take their own vehicle,
plow through fences, and do donuts on a football field?

But, that's beside the point. Your thread title is meaningless
until you show evidence it was someone from Castleberry.

Oh yeah, Don't try to play the victim. It's very unbecoming.

old warrior
11-09-2007, 01:16 PM
It's just a few of the coaches, none of the students or players so hold up on the humanitarian awards.

so are they supposed to pull kids out of class today to help repair the field?
Come'on
don't paint with such a wide brush
was it someone from Castleberry? Probably
I bet Lake Worth has some turds floating around inside the city limits too.
Coach Kidd and his staff did not have to go and help repair the field, they are losing prep time for a very important game to help you guys out.
So don't link the athletic program in with some retard vandal.

MHSvarsity2007
11-09-2007, 01:19 PM
regardless of who did it, it was a classless act.

at least the field is getting fixed for the game. :thumbsup:

GreenMonster
11-09-2007, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by MHSvarsity2007
regardless of who did it, it was a classless act.

at least the field is getting fixed for the game. :thumbsup: Stop trying defuse the situation. Let it blow up and then just go clean up the bodies.

Sweetwater Red
11-09-2007, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Stop trying defuse the situation. Let it blow up and then just go clean up the bodies.

Thank you. The last thing we need is a kid showing us grown ups
the right way to handle arguments.:devil: :D

BullFrog Dad
11-09-2007, 01:32 PM

Oh yeah, Don't try to play the victim. It's very unbecoming. 1. Maybe a drunk teenager from Castleberry. There's a thought. 2. I'm sure when the Times-Record(our local paper) comes out this week you'll have your evidence. 3. Me the victim? My yard looks great! The kids are the victims here.

Sweetwater Red
11-09-2007, 01:34 PM
1. Maybe a drunk teenager from Castleberry. There's a thought. 2. I'm sure when the Times-Record(our local paper) comes out this week you'll have your evidence. 3. Me the victim? My yard looks great! The kids are the victims here.

Where do you keep getting the Castleberry tie in? Comes out
in the paper? Maybe you should have waited until it did before
you started this thread.:thinking:

kaorder1999
11-09-2007, 01:37 PM
And...just because the coaches from Castleberry are helping get the field ready that doesnt automatically mean someone from Castleberry did it. They have to play on the same field and they want it to be nice for their kids as well.

Maybe someone from Castleberry did it, but that has nothing to do with the fact that you called our all of Castleberry because of the incident. If someone from Lake Worth stole from me I wouldnt call out the entire city because of one idiot.

Sweetwater Red
11-09-2007, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
And...just because the coaches from Castleberry are helping get the field ready that doesnt automatically mean someone from Castleberry did it. They have to play on the same field and they want it to be nice for their kids as well.

Maybe someone from Castleberry did it, but that has nothing to do with the fact that you called our all of Castleberry because of the incident. If someone from Lake Worth stole from me I wouldnt call out the entire city because of one idiot.

It never occured to me that he thought Castleberry was responsible
because their coaches helped with repairing the damage. I hope
that's not what he's basing this on.:doh:

Global Swarming
11-09-2007, 01:45 PM
Lake Worth stinks anyway.

Ranger Mom
11-09-2007, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Global Swarming
Lake Worth stinks anyway.

I'm always happy to see Lake Worth....then I know that I am almost at the exit I have to take to get to my mom's house!!:D :D

kaorder1999
11-09-2007, 01:51 PM
It never occured to me that he thought Castleberry was responsible
because their coaches helped with repairing the damage. I hope
that's not what he's basing this on.:doh:

oh...i didnt think that was his only basis for blaming Castleberry. Im sure the source he has is credible.

Global Swarming
11-09-2007, 01:57 PM
This reminds me of fast Times at Ridgemont High. The star football players Trans Am gets trashed by Spicolli and the player's brother and they Paint grafitti all over it to make the player think the other team did it. So then Lincoln goes out and beats the crap out of the other team. May be all motivational.

BullFrog Dad
11-09-2007, 01:57 PM
Where do you keep getting the Castleberry tie in? :thinking: We play tonight for the 3rd playoff spot in 11-3A. We are rivals. This is our 4th year in the same district and we started pulling pranks on each other the 1st year but it seems like Castleberry got a little overboard two years ago when they painted profanity on our fieldhouse as well as similar remarks on our track. Yes they were caught and they were from Castleberry and were prosecuted. Has LW done as much to them. Call the Castleberry ISD and ask them.

edited for content ~ p4s

kepdawg
11-09-2007, 02:00 PM
Okay, okay...

I confess...

Gsquared did it! :D

BullFrog Dad
11-09-2007, 02:02 PM
Lake Worth stinks anyway. Now there's a sharp sense of wit! What are you basing this remark on?

Sweetwater Red
11-09-2007, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Okay, okay...

I confess...

Gsquared did it! :D

He was drunk wasn't he.:thinking: :D

eagles_victory
11-09-2007, 02:04 PM
We play tonight for the 3rd playoff spot in 11-3A. at least these inner-city schools are giving your guys enough competiton in football so if your team gets beat in the playoffs you cant blame it on the rest of the district

BullFrog Dad
11-09-2007, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
at least these inner-city schools are giving your guys enough competiton in football so if your team gets beat in the playoffs you cant blame it on the rest of the district Football maybe, but not in baseball and softball.

Rabbit'93
11-09-2007, 02:10 PM
We play tonight for the 3rd playoff spot in 11-3A. We are rivals. This is our 4th year in the same district and we started pulling pranks on each other the 1st year but it seems like Castleberry got a little overboard two years ago when they painted profanity on our fieldhouse as well as similar remarks on our track. Yes they were caught and they were from Castleberry and were prosecuted. Has LW done as much to them. Call the Castlebarry ISD and ask them. Has LW done anything to Castleberry? You say "WE started pulling pranks on each other". To me that says yes.

Seems to me your so fired up you want to go all vigilante on some 16-18 yr old kids.

BTW I haven't gotten to hold the flag either. Haven't made it to a M&G as well. I do know KA though. He's really a great guy:thumbsup:

Ranger Mom
11-09-2007, 02:13 PM
Now folks I understand that I'm not from one of the clique towns, I don't go to the M&G's, don't chat, rarely PM, have a low rate of posts, and haven't handled the shirt.

What are the "clique" towns??

I go to M&G's, I chat, I PM, I have a few posts, and have handled the shirt AND the flag...even made a couple!!

Does that make Greenwood with all of its 2 posters a clique town???:D :D

BullFrog Dad
11-09-2007, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93

Seems to me your so fired up you want to go all vigilante on some 16-18 yr old kids.

Not at all. The authorities will handle this matter. Shouldn't you be on a 4A board?

BullFrog Dad
11-09-2007, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
What are the "clique" towns??

I go to M&G's, I chat, I PM, I have a few posts, and have handled the shirt AND the flag...even made a couple!!

Does that make Greenwood with all of its 2 posters a clique town???:D :D You're a member of the "Mod Squad"! All Mods' towns are automatically clique!

Global Swarming
11-09-2007, 02:21 PM
I'm basing my opinion on their 3-6 record in a weak district.

lostaussie
11-09-2007, 02:23 PM
JMHO
title could have been worded differently
i hope they catch whomever did it no matter where they are from
i admire the opposing coaching staff for helping out
i hope no kid gets hurt tonight because of someone else's complete stupidity

BullFrog Dad
11-09-2007, 02:26 PM
I'm basing my opinion on their 3-6 record in a weak district. I took it that your comment meant the entire town of LW stunk. Be more specific next time Global Smarming.

Rabbit'93
11-09-2007, 02:46 PM
Not at all. The authorities will handle this matter. Shouldn't you be on a 4A board? I should but that board tends to be slower. Won't you be joining over there this time next year?

Ranger Mom
11-09-2007, 02:50 PM
I should but that board tends to be slower. Won't you be joining over there this time next year?

You are ALWAYS welcome here...you know that!!!:p

BullFrog Dad
11-09-2007, 02:52 PM
I should but that board tends to be slower. Won't you be joining over there this time next year? Actually LW will still be 3A but my time on the 3ADL will be less since my youngest graduates from HS this year.

JR2004
11-09-2007, 02:52 PM
I was at Lake Worth's field a few weeks ago. I think a drunk driver can be ruled out due to the location of the field. Whoever did the damage had to have knowingly and purposefully done it in my opinion.

If it was someone from River Oaks I would not be shocked at all. They'd be the group of people that cheered when our starting QB went down last season over there.

Sweetwater Red
11-09-2007, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
I was at Lake Worth's field a few weeks ago. I think a drunk driver can be ruled out due to the location of the field. Whoever did the damage had to have knowingly and purposefully done it in my opinion.

Thank you.:)

mwynn05
11-09-2007, 03:03 PM
Actually LW will still be 3A but my time on the 3ADL will be less since my youngest graduates from HS this year. why be such a douche bag about the whole thing...what are you trying to prove? does it make you feel like more of a man

BullFrog Dad
11-09-2007, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
why be such a douche bag about the whole thing...what are you trying to prove? does it make you feel like more of a man If you're talking spending less time on the 3ADL I knew that before today. It just won't be the same without a kid in HS

3afan
11-09-2007, 03:19 PM
Read the whole opening post.

well, NOW there seems to be proof ... but there is nothing in the original post suggesting that there was at the time

44INAROW
11-09-2007, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
JMHO
title could have been worded differently
i hope they catch whomever did it no matter where they are from
i admire the opposing coaching staff for helping out
i hope no kid gets hurt tonight because of someone else's complete stupidity
well said.. usually the fools that do the damage, don't even participate in any sports...... good luck to both teams tonight!

bullfrog_alumni_02
11-14-2007, 05:23 PM
wow. its been a minute since i have been able to post on here. this thread im sorry to say is absolutely rediculous. not because of why it was created, but the way the other posters have decided to trash and bash something they care little or none for. yes LW does have its fair share of "turds" as does every other place in the world. show me one city or place where everyone is going to become a saint after they die and ill show you a cult. the vandalism done to the field may not have been someone associated in anyway with castleberry or river oaks, however given the evidence and facts on hand that the youth of today is not above doing things like this and not thinking about their actions and that this was a huge game for both teams, i dont think its nessacerily wrong to suggest that someone associated (either student/alumni/teacher/family member/etc...) with the rivalry would stoop to something like this. this is supposed to be a family oriented board. alot of the posts i read in this thread kind of offended me because those that posted them werent looking at what is important. i.e. the field being vandalized before a game that decided who goes to the playoffs and who doesnt, the athletes, the schools, all of those that have gone on and taken what the coaching staff(s) has taught them and become upstanding people in their RESPECTIVE communities. i think alot of people look at a sub .500 record and automatically assume that the team is "no good" well, they made it to the playoffs. there was a bridgeport team a few yrs ago if in not mistaken that went 4-6 or 5-5 and went to the semi-finals. so just because a team doesnt have the best record doesnt mean they deserve to be respected anyless than someone who is undefeated. we all come to this board (for the most part) because we all share a passion which is Texas HS football. yes everyone has rivalries, and some people even get childish about it. but thats all part of texas hs football. so please, i implore you, before you think about downing another school because you may not know much about it or think they are "less of a team" remember they love the game too, and they want to get the most they can from thier time in highschool.

charlesrixey
11-14-2007, 06:42 PM
this may not be at all related, but i almost moved to lake worth this fall, instead of DC, but it didn't work out for me to stay active duty and move to NAS JRB Fort Worth

not a bad town

IHStangFan
11-14-2007, 06:48 PM

Oh yeah, Don't try to play the victim. It's very unbecoming. I am a neutral party and don't wanna ruffle any feathers...but most kids don't understand the value of property or possessions as if it was a kid in "his" vehicle he probably didn't pay for said vehicle...therefore also probably doesn't really care about a few scratches from a fence. Then you have to take into account that if it were to be a kid in his own pickup truck or what have you...that there might of been alcohol involved. I was a kid once...my friends were all kids...and I've seen some people do some pretty stupid things to "their" vehicles. You just never know w/ kids. Could have been, might not have been. Without facts though, you can't really call out an entire community..even with facts. I hope they find who was responsible.

luvhoops34
11-14-2007, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
wow. its been a minute since i have been able to post on here. this thread im sorry to say is absolutely rediculous. not because of why it was created, but the way the other posters have decided to trash and bash something they care little or none for.

Excellent post!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: