PDA

View Full Version : 13-0 Bellville Brahmas vs 9-4 Marlin Bulldogs @ Kyle Field

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-29-2003, 02:07 AM
Give us your opinion, and some insight, on this rematch. Also give us your pick and why?
Bellville has averaged 49 points a game in the play-offs, and the 1st team D has averaged 7 points a game in the play-offs.
Marlin has been on a roll since district started.
Looks to be a real good game. This rematch is set for Friday night at Kyle field, 7:30!

Pudlugger
11-29-2003, 02:12 AM
If Bellville practices tackling with stiff arms in the facemask all week they will be fine. Bellville by 3 tds at least.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-29-2003, 02:21 AM
Hey Pud, 1st way to go on a good season! You have seen marlin play the last 2 years, are they better than last year in your opinion? What or who will Bellville have to stop? Do they pass or run more?
Whats up with the stiff arming?

Pudlugger
11-29-2003, 02:37 AM
FormerBellvilleBrahma:
Hey Pud, 1st way to go on a good season! You have seen marlin play the last 2 years, are they better than last year in your opinion? What or who will Bellville have to stop? Do they pass or run more?
Whats up with the stiff arming?Answers:
Thanks.
No.
Wrighter, Richardson and Smith on the pass or run. The big plays are the key.
They use it to prevent a safety tackle on the angle. Very hard to defend when you are strung out on the sidelines coming in from a distance.
Overall: Marlin has 4 or 5 excellent athletes but they do not have the coaching or discipline to win State. Unless Bellville takes a break this week they will beat Marlin outright. Bellville has the D to stop Marlin, and the O to put them away. eek!

shooootno15
11-29-2003, 03:09 AM
marlin will come out fired up and hungry for revenge after last years awesome game in triple overtime. Bellville will be ready for whatever marlin throws at them. Bellville just has too many weapons on offense and has a very solid defense.

Bellville-42
Marlin-21

MARLINFAN
11-29-2003, 03:39 AM
tank smith #2 did not even play .

afflac65
11-29-2003, 07:50 AM
here is my thoughts on this game since i have seen both teams play.

1st. their records are kind of decieving marlin being with 4 losses coming to good teams some in 4a ball. bellville is 13-0 has on played 1 really good team year that can match with bellville..

2nd. bellville offensive line is really good on pass blocking and average on run blocking. their offensive is not a dominating offensive line.
their quarterback is really good and their wide reciever is #14 is really good their running back is big not fast but big.
their kicking game is excellent probaly the best kicker in the 3a game.

3rd. marlin is on a roll. i give marlin the edge in the defensive line and defensive linebackers and the defensive secondary only because they are a little faster and bigger than bellville.
also give marlin the edge in the offensive line running game.

if marlins runs the ball and has success against bellville they will have a good chance to beat bellville if they plan to have a shootout with bellville they will lose.

so after saying that here is my prediction on this game. i have a strange sense about this game

HERE IT IS MARLIN 41 BELLVILLE 31........

Pudlugger
11-29-2003, 08:07 AM
MARLINFAN:
tank smith #2 did not even play .He fumbled the ball on Marlin's first play from scrimmage and he played some in the first half.

the tigers are back
11-29-2003, 08:57 AM
Hey Afflac! do you really think this will be a high scoring game like last year.I don't think it will be like last year,because from what i hear marlin is very strong on defense and bellville is a little shy on the passing game.I really don't think that bellville will meet a more of a balance team until they play Rice.They have two running-back both of them or well over a 1,000 yds and that's pretty good.So tell me AFFLAC since you seen both teams play can Marlin pass the ball and is their qb fast or not.What happen to tank smith is he still hurt or did the coach save him for bellville game. :D wink
I think BELLVILLE will have to step up a little on defense this week,because seems like all three teams was not that impressive at all and the scores was not even close.I think Bellville will find away out of this one just like last year and if Marlin is shy on the pass this game will not even be close either.

FranksBullDog
11-29-2003, 09:40 AM
To pudlugger You must have been at the other game LG. played because if you think you didnt see discipline as many times as Marlins defense stopped LG after time consuming drives.Both teams played with a lot of heart and even though it was a very physical game i saw each team helping the other up after plays.As for coaching neither one is perfect.Marlin is not as good as last year but they are more determined and it showed last night as many hits they took and kept getting off the carpet.They will be the big underdog next week and will have to play a perfect game to have a chance.

bud4u
11-29-2003, 10:46 AM
here we go again last week was nothing but La Grange La Grange La Grange and in the end it was marlin and i have to here this at work to. last nite even when i got off work it started there bellville is going to kick marlins butt so what if they do.. Marlin has came a long way from the beginning of the season looks like they proved more than any other team in 3a
i will be at the game rooting the purple and gold BULLDOGS to victory
last yrs game waas a good one just hope we can see a game as good as the one last year it was clean and alot of good plays.
GOD BLESS

BrahmaMom
11-29-2003, 10:57 AM
Don't worry about the Bellville defense stepping up--they have done so every week. What was last night, a practice? They weren't shy on pass defense, they hit so hard, China Springs had some players down for a time after the plays. I hope the defense puts on ten pounds each this week, but they have proven to me they can get the job done quite well at their current weights. A re-match with Marlin is exciting. I think the Brahmas are better than last year, and I think Marlin is weaker than last year. May mean just 48 minutes of H%&* instead of triple overtime. The Brahma offense is almost impossible to contain as Buenger has so many weapons at his disposal. If Goeke is covered, Runnels is the work horse like he was last night. Jabow (#1, Josh Bryant) is elusive, quick, and loves to run and score. Sanders is there doing whatever needs to be done. On defense, Kieke and Grell had tremendous nights, Milstid and Laughter were right there, doing their thing. The intesity is, well, intense. These are tough players, every single Brahma. They will be ready for the re-match on Friday, except it will be the 2003 Brahmas on the field, playing THEIR game! GO BRAHMAS!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-29-2003, 10:58 AM
Good luck bellville

bellville over marlin should be another great game like last year.

faithfuldog
11-29-2003, 11:03 AM
hats off to leps players and coach. they came prepared and played a full 48 minutes. # 20 is a big boy and can catch the ball. Leps o line did a good job opening holes for the run game... it seems we had difficulty stopping it most of the night until we got in the red zone. Dawgs seemed to be a bit flat for this game in my opinion.... we will have to really step it up next week to stay on the field with a much better team. To the Dawgs; stay focused and play each play like it's your last. Mental mistakes will seperate the winners from the losers. At this point, the team that executes the best, moves on. As someone wiser said... "After Thanksgiving, there are no more turkeys". Congratulations Marlin Bulldogs...
Go show 'em what we got!!!!

Bull's-eye
11-29-2003, 11:35 AM
I wonder about the so-called experts, that have seen Bellville only a few times, post about the Brahmas. I have seen this team from the very first scrimmage. Bellville has played more than 1 good team. Bellville can run block (dominated China Spring), they have several more good receivers (Sanders, Bryant, Kiecke, Hugo). Bellville is not on a roll? (13-0) If Marlin gets in a shoot-out with Bellville they will lose (predicted Marlin 41 Bellville 31), sounds like a shoot-out to me! Bellville's defense can't stop a smash mouth running team? They sure stuffed Huffman (by the way, Crew was only credited with 75 yds).
Who are these guys watching? I think they are just trying to stir things up with the Bellville posters. Their team may be out and now they need to post about Bellville. If you want to know about Bellville, read the posts from Former, Bellville22, Brahma73, Brahmamom and Bongo.

<small>[ November 29, 2003, 12:37 PM: Message edited by: Bull's-eye ]</small>

the tigers are back
11-29-2003, 12:38 PM
Hey bulls-eye! you know that before this next gets here this post will blow up like a bomb,but just can't let these posts get to ya.Once again this 3adownlow and everyone has the right to post their opinion and they are not all facts.I can only imagine what we be said as the days gets closer to friday.I will say this and i will not change my opinion;if Marlin think they is gonna run the ball down bellville throat:hummmmm... they better make a change of plans.I just don't think that Marlin can expect to win this game if they can't pass the ball.I read the stats in the chronicle and i see Bellville had never had so many yards passed on them,but i guess that's all they could really do because they didn't have no threat on the run.China Spring passes for 322 yds on bellville,but when you look at the most balanced team in 3a you see where the bulls had 42-299 rushing and 202 passing oh weeeeeee... wink

BrahmaMom
11-29-2003, 12:39 PM
Haven't heard from 22 & 73, I guess they were at the A&M game and didn't see the entire Brahma game. Guys??

bud4u
11-29-2003, 12:41 PM
hey with a record like bellvilles and burnets and the way both sides talk i believe this would be one hell of a match up... i know both teams are good so how bout it? who else would like to see bellville and burnet play ? div I and divII what a site. OH yeah Marlin done played burnet and we know what happened in this game..

shooootno15
11-29-2003, 01:01 PM
tell burnet to bring it cuz bellville would want nothing more than beating the #1 team in 3a and i know bellville could do it. I think after they get the div 1 and div 2 champions and they should play for #1 team in 3a

shooootno15
11-29-2003, 01:06 PM
o yeah and aflac shut up cuz all u do is critize bellville. Lets see first u said they wouldnt shut down crew and let see 75 yards isnt all that great for some1 who averages over 200 yards a game. Lets see u said bellville was only gonna win by 10 over china springs....try 37(which coulda been worse without so many turnovers). No1 listens to u anymore

Bull's-eye
11-29-2003, 01:14 PM
Hey TTAB, you made some good points. Also, on the 322 yds, let me explain. China Spring was playing catch-up most of the night. They were throwing almost every play. Bellville's defense was playing a "bend but don't break" coverage. Also, give C.S. credit. They have 3 great receivers and a QB that can throw the ball.

BrahmaFan04
11-29-2003, 01:32 PM
Afflac, you must be nuts, Bellville's running back is not fast but big? I do not know if you have watched Bellville play this year but he is big and also pretty darn fast. I predict Bellville-35 Marlin 17 Bellville has a better defense, offense and special teams.

BrahmaFan04
11-29-2003, 01:35 PM
and Afflac you also say they have only played 1 good team what about Navasota, Rice, and Sealy, not to mention winning big in their first 3 playoff games

m-square4life
11-29-2003, 01:46 PM
Well i am a senior at marlin high and they things i hear you people say are hillarious......u talk about marlin like we are nothing and how bellville is going to beat us, but if im correct were still in the playoffs for some reason while most of your teams are not

Bull's-eye
11-29-2003, 02:06 PM
Mr. Afflac, don't see you bashing Marlin. They were held to 237 yds and only 5 first downs on offense. Take away 2 long plays (85 yd run & 90 yd pass), you will see the Leps did a good job of stopping Marlin. Marlin's offense ran only 28 plays, while LaGrange had 77 plays and moved the ball quite well. Coach Malone stated that LaGrange controlled the ball all nite long. The Leps had some turnovers and costly penalties that kept them off the scoreboard.

<small>[ November 29, 2003, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: Bull's-eye ]</small>

brahmagirl
11-29-2003, 02:43 PM
M-square, believe me, everybody in Bellville knows Marlin has a very powerful team. We're all pumped up about the game, and we know that if the Brahmas play a great game and avoid turnovers, we have a good chance of winning. But Marlin is not at all being underestimated!

<small>[ November 29, 2003, 02:02 PM: Message edited by: brahmagirl ]</small>

MagicStick
11-29-2003, 03:53 PM
Well first of all ... where are the leps now ??? at home laying in them "disipline" shirts. While Marlin is at home preparing for bellville. For some reason, i dont know why, but the Leps thought they was going to run through Marlin but got dropped in their tracks. That goes to show the Leps that Marlin does not only have DISIPLINE but TALENT to go along with that!! I'm ready to see the Marlin vs. Bellville game now. GO MARLIN !!

Leopard Pride
11-29-2003, 04:17 PM
Go La Grange, had a great season. Bellville, go to state, easy win over Marlin.

Bellville 31
Marlin 14

eaglefan
11-29-2003, 04:23 PM
Well I was at the Marlin/LG game last night and I was nothing short of very impressed by Marlin's defense. And for anyone to sayt that Marlin is not disciplined and well coached is ludacris. Coach Malone has done nothing but a great job at Marlin and that has continued this season, especially with a sophomore running the offense. As for the Marlin/Bellville game.....I have to give the edge to Bellville due to experience on both sides of the ball. I think the defensive side of the ball is even for both teams, offensively I give Bellville the edge because of Marlin's inexperience under center, and special teams I think the edge goes to Bellville as well. All of that said I expect this to be a classic matchup just like last season. Overtime is definitely not out of the question. If Marlin wins it will be an upset, but not a huge one. Final Score:
Bellville 24
Marlin 21

BrahmaMom
11-29-2003, 05:20 PM
Afflac, have you seen Bellville play? With all your observations, I would assume so, though you are not terribly accurate. The Brahmas are going to focus on Marlin now, they have tremendous respect for the talent, tradition, discipline and coaching. It will be a good game for all the fans. Let's have fun talking about it on the board this week, no trash talk, please. Go Brahmas!

Bellville22
11-29-2003, 05:48 PM
Sorry BrahmaMom, been golfing today, didn't have time to post.

This is certainly a game that the state has been waiting for. Should be the showcase game this week. I'll make my prediction Tuesday or Wednesday, but I think this will be a very good game. Both teams have many strengths, and it will come down to execution. I will say that this will probably be the best ENTIRE defense Bellville has seen. Rice was probably as good up front, but don't think they had the secondary like the Bulldogs will bring. Marlin has seen offenses like Bellville, in Burnet and Ennis. They lost to both, but they have experience against high powered O's. Should be a great game, turnovers and special teams WILL be key. Probably not gonna get scoring out of the 20's, but I'll make my prediction later.

Go Bulls, One week at a time!!!

3-ARoy
11-29-2003, 07:24 PM
As much as I hate to say it, I think last year's game between Marlin and Bellville was possibly a fluke. I think Marlin had the better team last year, and as much as Pudlugger hates to admit it, Marlin is leagues better than last year. I am shocked that La Grange held them to 21 points. Marlin is not the most disciplined team (that may be there downfall), but they play with tons of emotion in big games. That is why I think they will edge Bellville by just a few. I am not the biggest Marlin fan for obvious reasons, so good luck to both teams!!

<small>[ November 29, 2003, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: 3-ARoy ]</small>

FranksBullDog
11-29-2003, 08:11 PM
To Eagle Fan Good observation The soph. QB has done a good job especially for a soph. Marlin is not as talented as last year but even with a soph. QB they are a focused disciplined team. It will take a super effort next week for a win against a very talent-laden BV.team but the one thing most people agree on is that a Malone coached team believes they can win against anyone.Just hope Tank Smith is able to play. he played 1 play last night.

the tigers are back
11-29-2003, 08:59 PM
I see that some say that this Marlin teams is not better than last year team,but some say this year bellville team is better than last year.Well if that's the case i don't think the bulls even have to suit up for this one.I really don't think Marlin can play with the bulls,but i don't wanna set the bulls upon a peddal stool either.I know it seems like i'm on the bulls team,but i just beleive that we must keep it in the Austin Co. district.I know that the Sealy wanted nothing more than breaking the bulls winning streak this year,but hey it's over Tigers; so i'm gonna support the bulls.I remember when we was kicking butts they watched and supported us too.I must admitt the tigers really had the time of their lives and bellville i can only imagine what it will feel like for ya'll to win the state title this year.I WISH YA'LL THE BEST. wink wink :D

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-29-2003, 09:13 PM
Thanks for the suport TTAB, we just need to get out there and play our game. I see there has been some post started to get some trash talk started, lets let the boys do the playing and keep the TT to ourself on this one.
Go Bellville Beat Marlin!

BrahmaMom
11-29-2003, 09:40 PM
Thanks, TTAB, you are a true blue football fan. We are gonna do our best for Austin County, you can be sure. This is the team to do it, I think. They have all the tools, and they are a determined, focused group of young men. Hope you can be at the game Friday night. And yes, I think the trash talk isn't gonna do anything but get the Brahmas pumped. I hope it stops and we can just talk football. Go Brahmas!

marlin fan
11-29-2003, 09:43 PM
Go Dawgs you can do it!!!!!!

LG-all-the-way
11-30-2003, 01:23 PM
The LEPS had a really really great season... this is a football team that personally noone can predict!! Marlin WAS a powerful team last year with no doubt however this year is a different story the scores on both games say it all. I think the LEPS must of done something right because the score to me wasn't what everyone thought it was going to be. Marlin thought they were going to go in there and so call "BLAST" the LEPS out of there which really in fact didn't happen the way they had hoped. Always remember when you do play the LEPS be prepared to earn every single point or be at the right place at the right time for a score because the LEPS will put you to work...even if they are the overmatched and lose the game!! They will surely be back next year you can count on that!

Thanks for a GREAT football season LEPS we enjoyed it very much!!

I wish Bellville the best in winning state.
If the LEPS held the Bulldogs the way they did :D ..then I think if you do the same and score the way you do you'll have this game. Good LUCK !!

FranksBullDog
11-30-2003, 02:49 PM
You are right Marlin was a lot more talented last year and the game reflected that and no one from Marlin expected LG. to lay down but the MB coaching staff made better decisions than LG.Going on 4down in 3rd QT. from their own 35 then punting the ball back to Marlin with about 4 minutes left and behind 14 made no no sense to me but i was glad they did it but i was surprised.

the tigers are back
11-30-2003, 03:05 PM
Hey bulls! i want ya to know that ya'll got my support 100% and i haven't missed none of your games last year in the play-offs and this year either.I'm with ya all the way let's keep it in AUSTIN CO. only 12 miles apart and i can see the victory in ya and i pumped up too.Let's go BELLVILLE BRAHMAS. wink wink :D :D

Cadillac
11-30-2003, 06:23 PM
Marlin by 17.

Cadillac
11-30-2003, 06:23 PM
Marlin by 17.

m-square4life
11-30-2003, 06:30 PM
Well I think that Marlin will pull it off, I'm not saying it's going to be easy, but I think we can do it. I think this will be an exciting game and the best team with the fewest mistakes will win.
marlin-28
bellville-21

now,LG-all the way, Marlin was not only a powerful team last year, we still are. If you call holding us to only 21 points an accomplishment then you are wrong. In case you didn't know we weren't trying to run up the scoreboard we were trying to come away with a shut-out win which is exactly what we did, so how can you say u held us down when you still got beat by 21 points........

m-square4life
11-30-2003, 06:32 PM
Well I think that Marlin will pull it off, I'm not saying it's going to be easy, but I think we can do it. I think this will be an exciting game and the best team with the fewest mistakes will win.
marlin-28
bellville-21

now,LG-all the way, Marlin was not only a powerful team last year, we still are. If you call holding us to only 21 points an accomplishment then you are wrong. In case you didn't know we weren't trying to run up the scoreboard we were trying to come away with a shut-out win which is exactly what we did, so how can you say u held us down when you still got beat by 21 points........

m-square4life
11-30-2003, 06:33 PM
<small>[ November 30, 2003, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: m-square4life ]</small>

afflac65
11-30-2003, 06:52 PM
i plan to go to this game and i will be sitting on the bellville side. should be a great game for both schools. both of these schools should be proud of their teams. i dont know about the marlin/bellville rivalry or the game last year but keep everything respectful. remember this is about the young men at the schools not us the fans.

afflac65
11-30-2003, 06:54 PM
i plan to go to this game and i will be sitting on the bellville side. should be a great game for both schools. both of these schools should be proud of their teams. i dont know about the marlin/bellville rivalry or the game last year but keep everything respectful. remember this is about the young men at the schools not us the fans.

afflac65
11-30-2003, 06:55 PM

sinton66
11-30-2003, 06:56 PM
Well. ole 66's Pirates are done for the year, guess I'll just jump back on Bellville's wagon.....again. wink Go Brahmas!!

afflac65
11-30-2003, 06:57 PM

afflac65
11-30-2003, 06:58 PM

shooootno15
11-30-2003, 07:06 PM
Bellville-38
Marlin-21

BrahmaMom
11-30-2003, 08:24 PM
Welcome back, Sinton66 and TTAB. The Brahmas will take all the fans they can get. Afflac, I'll be nice if you will. I still think LaGrange holding Marlin to 21 was impressive, so Marlin got the shut-out, I am proud of LaGrange. Won't be an easy game Friday night, but will be one for the books. None of us there will ever forget it, I'm sure. Bellville seems to have everyone healthy, I hope all the players got flu shots early. It is going to be a loonngggg week. Go Brahmas!

afflac65
11-30-2003, 08:47 PM
thank you brahma mom i will be nice.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-30-2003, 09:26 PM
Hey Afflac, tell us what you will be wearing, Im sure a few Bellville people would like to see who you are, and have a talk with you!

LGLeps
11-30-2003, 09:27 PM
I haven't really seen Belville play this year but I do have a cousin that plays on their team and from what I've heard from him, they must be pretty good. As for Marlin, I give ya'll credit for the win against LG last Friday, but the only thing ya'll really impressed me on was the Defense. The Offense only scored on 2 80+ yard runs. I do have a problem with some of the calls the refs made but of course LG always get screwed by the refs. And I am not gunna whine about it. The QB was good for being a soph. But with this game I will definetly have to go with Belville. Marlin didn't impress me much and like I said I haven't really seen Belville this year but from what I've heard, they're pretty good.
Go Brahmas!!!

<small>[ November 30, 2003, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: LGLeps ]</small>

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-30-2003, 09:29 PM
Hey Afflac, tell us what you will be wearing, Im sure a few Bellville people would like to see who you are, and have a talk with you!

LGLeps
11-30-2003, 09:30 PM
<small>[ November 30, 2003, 08:42 PM: Message edited by: LGLeps ]</small>

LGLeps
11-30-2003, 09:39 PM
I haven't really seen Belville play this year but I do have a cousin that plays on their team and from what I've heard from him, they must be pretty good. As for Marlin, I give ya'll credit for the win against LG last Friday, but the only thing ya'll really impressed me on was the Defense. The Offense only scored on 2 80+ yard runs and then the interception which was a shock. And something else surprised me, that the Marlin fans started leaving before the game was over, that really really shocked me because with a team like that and with fans like you are, I would expect ya'll to stay til the end, but I guess ya'll don't have much respect for ya'lls team. I do have a problem with some of the calls the refs made and didn't make but of course LG always get screwed by the refs. But I am not gunna whine about it. The QB was good for being a soph. But with this game I will definetly have to go with Belville. Marlin didn't impress me much and like I said I haven't really seen Belville this year but from what I've heard, they're pretty darn good.
Go Brahmas!!!

reptard7isCRAZY
11-30-2003, 09:49 PM
What's with all the double posting? Anyways i'm going to have to go with Bellville by 17. Might be the first game where the starters get to play the whole game...doubt it though...

afflac65
11-30-2003, 10:17 PM
hey former bellville brahma i will be wearing a red shirt and a red cap and black shoes and tan slacks if you want to talk to me i wont be hard to find at all i am looking forward to it....

afflac65
11-30-2003, 10:18 PM
hey former bellville brahma i will be wearing a red shirt and a red cap and black shoes and tan slacks if you want to talk to me i wont be hard to find at all i am looking forward to it....

Bull's-eye
11-30-2003, 10:25 PM
afflac65:
hey former bellville brahma i will be wearing a red shirt and a red cap and black shoes and tan slacks if you want to talk to me i wont be hard to find at all i am looking forward to it....Hey Afflac, that's what I'm wearing. You'll have Former after me and everybody else wearing a red shirt and cap. You got to be more specific. LOL

<small>[ December 01, 2003, 10:43 AM: Message edited by: Bull's-eye ]</small>

marlin fan
11-30-2003, 10:28 PM
afflac65:
hey former bellville brahma i will be wearing a red shirt and a red cap and black shoes and tan slacks if you want to talk to me i wont be hard to find at all i am looking forward to it....Kool ill be looking for you what kind of black shoes are you waring??? and whats going to be on you red shirt?????

marlin fan
11-30-2003, 10:29 PM
afflac65:
hey former bellville brahma i will be wearing a red shirt and a red cap and black shoes and tan slacks if you want to talk to me i wont be hard to find at all i am looking forward to it....Kool ill be looking for you what kind of black shoes are you waring??? and whats going to be on you red shirt?????

BrahmaMom
12-01-2003, 10:43 AM
Okay, guys, affac has said he'd be nice. He's converting to a Brahma fan, let's give him some support (not quite to the love, yet!)! GO BRAHMAS!!!! There's the love!!

Bongo
12-01-2003, 12:00 PM
Marlin has had some stiff competition this year. They faced Burnet and although they lost the fact that they played them will help them prepare for Bellville.

Bellville's run defense continues to improve week by week. They'll need a solid performance this week to contain the big play.

I'm picking Bellville in a low scoring game.
Bellville 24
Marlin 14

The Bulls will have to do it without me this week as I'll be in beautiful Cape Town. Go Bulls!

3ahunter2k4
12-01-2003, 12:13 PM
man i can't wait until this game. last year was one of the coolest things i have ever watched since the hit tv show of the early 90s Full House.

BrahmaMom
12-01-2003, 12:16 PM
22 & 73, you'll notice Bongo gets no flack from me for missing this important match as his trip is BUSINESS. We'll miss you, Bongo. If we lose because you are out of town, I don't know if I'll ever get over it. I agree with your prediction, it will probably be a low scoring game. But I think the Bulls will pull it off by some(BrahmaMom math). Have a safe trip. Go Brahmas!!

Bellville22
12-01-2003, 12:32 PM
Wow, that's a tough break, Bongo. Doesn't your business know it's High School Football season? Missing this game would hurt a little more than the Huffman. Don't expect this one to be a blowout.

I'm sure you'll be thinking about the Bulls Friday night, hopefully you'll get to see them next week. I agree that this will be low scoring, unlike the past few weeks for the Bulls.

mwisnews
12-01-2003, 12:40 PM
To stop Marlin you got stop their powerful running game with Tank Smith or that Richardson guy. Burnet stopped the running game and made the QB beat them through his arm. He couldn't do that, but after getting whipped by Burnet and Ennis they have back come to life. I think Bellville is just too strong and has too many weapons like Burnet. They are perfectly balanced 3132 running and 2082 passing. Almost perfect balance. I say Bellville by 21.

Bongo
12-01-2003, 12:59 PM
Brahmamom and 22; I'll be up Saturday morning at 6 am to get the online updates. Let's hope the Bulls keep rolling on.

Unfortunately my South African partners don't realize that High School football rules in Texas. I hate to miss this game as I think it has the makings of a great one! The run defense has really stepped it up and I'm curious how Grell & Co. will do against Marlin. I suspect they'll come out with that "nostrils flared" attitude that a PO'd bull can have.

Go Bulls!

champ80
12-01-2003, 01:14 PM
I've sat here for two weeks and read many, many posts about Marlin.....Many LG fans talk about discipline...coaching......bad calls..holding...stiff arm face masking......big plays.............sounds like sour grapes to me.......Marlin scored 21 points while just taking 27 snaps........There was a dropped pass in the second quarter with the receiver 10 yards behind the corner(#19).......there was an adjustment made to a pass play at half time.....the sophmore QB threw to the wrong receiver in the third quarter with the deep receiver wide open............those would have made the score 35-0.......in coaching circles this proves that when you play Marlin they are capable of scoring from anywhere on the field.........I have not seen Bellville play.....but I do know that once you get this far in the playoffs......everybody is very good.............Good luck to all that are still playing............Too the rest.....Basketball

afflac65
12-01-2003, 01:14 PM
HEY BULLS-EYE MY RED CAP WITH HAVE THE PBR LOGO ON IT AND I WILL BE WEARING A RODEO SHIRT. I AM 6ft-2inches tall and weigh about 380. come talk to me would like to meet ya and might buy you a coke or something during the game or halftime.

reptard7isCRAZY
12-01-2003, 01:31 PM
Oh ya...very intimidating, let me tell you. Your such an idiot.

raj
12-01-2003, 01:35 PM
Very good observation, Champ80. I also have sat back and watched many posters bash Marlin. Many of them have not even been to a Marlin game this year. They base their opinion on what a few trash/smack talkers post on this board. Many said Malin would not get past Newton, but they did. Because Marlin didn't "blow out LaGrange", they are not disciplined and are weak. Any team who makes it this far is a good team.

I say let's quit all this "my team is better than your team" and let the kids play ball. May the best team win. :)

Bellville22
12-01-2003, 03:14 PM
Any word on who's home/visitor?

brahmagirl
12-01-2003, 03:39 PM
Our coaches and principal say Bellville's home...

<small>[ December 01, 2003, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: brahmagirl ]</small>

CHS_Grad '85
12-01-2003, 03:54 PM
Marlin and Burnet are the home teams....

Bellville22
12-01-2003, 06:43 PM
Umm... so who knows for sure?

brahmagirl
12-01-2003, 07:06 PM
Mr. Batson said he's "110% sure" Bellville's home. So if I'm wrong, blame him! :p

Bull's-eye
12-01-2003, 07:29 PM
afflac65:
HEY BULLS-EYE MY RED CAP WITH HAVE THE PBR LOGO ON IT AND I WILL BE WEARING A RODEO SHIRT. I AM 6ft-2inches tall and weigh about 380. come talk to me would like to meet ya and might buy you a coke or something during the game or halftime.You're a little fella, hey I might take you up on the offer.

keep_it_real
12-01-2003, 07:36 PM
hmmmmmm.........

<small>[ December 01, 2003, 06:40 PM: Message edited by: keep_it_real ]</small>

keep_it_real
12-01-2003, 07:38 PM
I think that Marlin has the better play makers, but Bellville has all around athletes at every position. Their defense is executed very well, and they have a very good offense, the trouble for Bellville will be the passing game, Marlins secondary is probably the best they will see.Bellville does have an awesome qb though. Marlin on the other hand will have trouble offensively because Bellville's D is stellar.Tank Smith needs to be a 100% for this one. Its to bad these guys can't meet up in state....... its gonna be an awesome game.

BrahmaFan04
12-01-2003, 07:47 PM
Champ 80, u say Marlin could have beat LaGrange 35-0, well what you could have done doesn't matter it is what you did do that matters.

FranksBullDog
12-01-2003, 07:56 PM
Thats right the game was almost over before halftime but MB did win and now they are underdogs just like LG. It will take a error free game and more emotion than the LG. game but the players believe they can win and thats whats important. Good luck to both teams.

bhbaseball06
12-01-2003, 08:14 PM
People this is how it is and how it is gonna be. Bellville is a great team and has allready beaten alot of good teams in the playoffs. I dont know alot about the Marlin Bulldogs so I cant really say anything about them. I have never seen them perform and havent ever felt the need to check out there stats. But Bellville beat Anahuac who is one of the few teams that beat us. I think that Bellville will beat Marlin and play Burnet for the state championship. So good luch to to Burnet and may the best man win.

brahmagirl
12-01-2003, 08:17 PM
Marlin is not the most disciplined team (that may be there downfall), but they play with tons of emotion in big games. That is why I think they will edge Bellville by just a few. I know Marlin wants this too, but they definately don't have an emotional edge over Bellville.

Anyone from Bellville knows how emotional the Brahmas are. Their dedication and outpour of emotion in big games is truly amazing to watch. You'll see on Friday...

brahmagirl
12-01-2003, 08:20 PM
Bellville doesn't have to play Burnet. They're in different divisions.

the tigers are back
12-01-2003, 08:25 PM
Hey bhbaseball! Belliville didn't play Anahauc at in the playo-offs,but they did play giddings,hauffman and china spring and no they want play Burnett either.I think that Burnett has enough to worry about and that's gainsville.I hope that i'm not rude to ya,but don't take it personal "B". and the be stands for buddy.So please don't think nasty on this nahhhhh.

<small>[ December 01, 2003, 07:29 PM: Message edited by: the tigers are back ]</small>

the tigers are back
12-01-2003, 08:26 PM
Hey bhbaseball! Belliville didn't play Anahauc at in the playo-offs,but they did play giddings,hauffman and china spring and no they want play Burnett either.I think that Burnett has enough to worry about and that's gainsville.I hope that i'm not rude to ya,but don't take it personal "B". and the be stands for buddy.So please don't think nasty on this nahhhhh. :D

lepfan
12-01-2003, 08:38 PM
FranksBullDog:
Thats right the game was almost over before halftime but MB did win and now they are underdogs just like LG. It will take a error free game and more emotion than the LG. game but the players believe they can win and thats whats important. Good luck to both teams.You don't care much for LG do ya? So if the game was almost over before halftime why did we continue to play? Analyze what you are saying this week about Marlin...does it sound familiar?

the_answer
12-01-2003, 08:50 PM
Bellville will wear red and Marlin will wear white.

the tigers are back
12-01-2003, 08:55 PM
Hey Marlin fan! will lil tank smith play this game or not and why didn't he play that much against the leps.Hey is he really that fast as they say he is and what do he run in a 40 yd dash. :D

marlin fan
12-01-2003, 09:31 PM
the tigers are back:
Hey Marlin fan! will lil tank smith play this game or not and why didn't he play that much against the leps.Hey is he really that fast as they say he is and what do he run in a 40 yd dash. :D i dont know what the deal is with him!!!! Go DAWGS beat Bellville :D

FranksBullDog
12-01-2003, 09:32 PM
To Lep Fan The game was really over by halftime because LG coach was scared to open the game up.They run a slow down offense and try to keep the ball away but this does not work when you are behind.I have nothing at all against LG and the kids played their hearts out.

afflac65
12-01-2003, 09:35 PM
HEY BULLS-EYE WHAT PART OF THE STADUIM ARE YOU GOING TO SIT ON THE 50 YARD LINE I LIKE TO GET THEIR ABOUT 6:45 SO I CAN GET A GOOD SEAT.....

reptard7isCRAZY
12-01-2003, 09:37 PM
Ok..the La Grange game is over...Without Tank Smith, I don't see Marlin having a chance in this one. The Bellville D will be able to shut them down in my opinion. But if they don't, they have one of the top offenses in Texas.
Bellville rolls on by 17...

reptard7isCRAZY
12-01-2003, 09:40 PM
It's Kyle Field...ya'll will never meet each other, no matter where you sit. Quit making your dumb posts. Send him PMs if you want to meet him so bad.

m-square4life
12-01-2003, 09:54 PM
Well I think that this will be an awesome game and i want to congratulate my team(marlin) and bellville for making it this far. It goes to show that these are two of the best teams in Texas by far this year. Thus said, I belive that Marlin will win but not by much.Good luck to all for making it to the 4th round......

Marlin-21
Bellville-18

reptard7isCRAZY
12-01-2003, 09:57 PM
Holding Bellville to 18...not likely. Holding them to under 30 will be a task.

Speed24
12-01-2003, 09:59 PM
Congrats Bellville ya'll made it this far, i knew ya'll would the whole time. Hope to see ya'll represent our district in the state game!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-01-2003, 10:20 PM
Bellville will be on the home side, in this game.

GOFOR2
12-01-2003, 10:24 PM
With Marlin being home to T.Y.C. for juvenile delinquents, my money is on Marlin. They will probably sneak out a few and suit them up for the ballgame. JK.

Bellville22
12-01-2003, 10:38 PM
reptard7isCRAZY:
Holding Bellville to 18...not likely. Holding them to under 30 will be a task.rep: I love Bellville to death, and think they have a super offense, but I think it is very likely that Marlin will hold them to under 30, I'm guessing low 20s. The Brahmas haven't seen a whole defensive group as fast as the Bulldogs.

3ahunter2k4
12-01-2003, 10:42 PM
i know it may sound naiive but i'm with tard on this one. bellville will put up atleast 28 and i don't care how much marlin puts up bellville will find a way to win like last year.

afflac65
12-01-2003, 10:49 PM
HEY REPTARD7ISCRAZY WHY DONT YOU LIKE BELLVILLE..

shooootno15
12-01-2003, 10:49 PM
im still staying with my previous prediction...

Bellville-38
Marlin-21

3ahunter2k4
12-01-2003, 10:51 PM
reptard is a bellville fan, he said it would be hard to hold bellville under 30.

reptard7isCRAZY
12-01-2003, 11:15 PM
Proves my analysis of you being a total idiot...

Specklebelly
12-01-2003, 11:18 PM
Ive seen Bellville play three times this year and have not seen Marlin. I have checked out Marlin's season results and game stats though and it appears Marlin enjoys success against the teams that run a majority of the time and struggle against the teams who can throw the ball with success. That said, Bellville mixes up their playcalling as well as anyone in the state. They run and throw the ball very effectively. I like Bellville by 2 TDs.

Good luck Bellville, hope to see you again next week.

afflac65
12-02-2003, 12:02 AM
HEY REPTARD7ISCRAZY YOU SHOULD LIKE CALLING PEOPLE IDIOTS YOU MUST BE A REAL DEPRESSING PERSON TO PUT OTHER PEOPLE DOWN TO MAKE YOU FEEL MUCH BETTER GO SEEK PROFESSIONAL HELP.....

afflac65
12-02-2003, 12:03 AM
HEY REPTARD7ISCRAZY YOU SHOULD LIKE CALLING PEOPLE IDIOTS YOU MUST BE A REAL DEPRESSING PERSON TO PUT OTHER PEOPLE DOWN TO MAKE YOU FEEL MUCH BETTER GO SEEK PROFESSIONAL HELP.....

Brahma73
12-02-2003, 12:10 AM
afflac65:
HEY REPTARD7ISCRAZY YOU SHOULD LIKE CALLING PEOPLE IDIOTS YOU MUST BE A REAL DEPRESSING PERSON TO PUT OTHER PEOPLE DOWN TO MAKE YOU FEEL MUCH BETTER GO SEEK PROFESSIONAL HELP.....He's actually our guidance counselor, but he moonlights as Michael Jackson's make-up artist. But you might remember him as Clifford the Big Red Dog from your childhood reading books. He's really not depressing at all. He does motivational speeches and sells tapes and books, and he once saved a drowning yak in Serbia. All this while running an orphanage in Botswana and teaching French to gorillas in the jungle of Kenya. He actually IS professional help. :p

reptard7isCRAZY
12-02-2003, 12:13 AM
No...I get along with everyone else on here but you. Stop trying to get sympathy from people on here. You talk bad about Bellville for 3 weeks then try to turn them on someone that has been backing Bellville his whole life...good luck.

reptard7isCRAZY
12-02-2003, 12:17 AM
HAHA and have saved 3 lives lifeguarding...you left that out.

msgp
12-02-2003, 12:25 AM
I think Bellville will win this one by a small margin. They have the kicker to pull off a win in clutch situations. Good luck Brahma's! A lot of us at Rice are hoping for a rematch.

3ahunter2k4
12-02-2003, 01:06 AM
msgp:
I think Bellville will win this one by a small margin. They have the kicker to pull off a win in clutch situations. Good luck Brahma's! A lot of us at Rice are hoping for a rematch.i have to agree with this. kicking will probably be the difference.

Bellville22
12-02-2003, 01:33 AM
Brahma73:

afflac65:
HEY REPTARD7ISCRAZY YOU SHOULD LIKE CALLING PEOPLE IDIOTS YOU MUST BE A REAL DEPRESSING PERSON TO PUT OTHER PEOPLE DOWN TO MAKE YOU FEEL MUCH BETTER GO SEEK PROFESSIONAL HELP.....He's actually our guidance counselor, but he moonlights as Michael Jackson's make-up artist. But you might remember him as Clifford the Big Red Dog from your childhood reading books. He's really not depressing at all. He does motivational speeches and sells tapes and books, and he once saved a drowning yak in Serbia. All this while running an orphanage in Botswana and teaching French to gorillas in the jungle of Kenya. He actually IS professional help. :p WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

3ahunter2k4
12-02-2003, 02:02 AM
Brahma73:

afflac65:
HEY REPTARD7ISCRAZY YOU SHOULD LIKE CALLING PEOPLE IDIOTS YOU MUST BE A REAL DEPRESSING PERSON TO PUT OTHER PEOPLE DOWN TO MAKE YOU FEEL MUCH BETTER GO SEEK PROFESSIONAL HELP.....He's actually our guidance counselor, but he moonlights as Michael Jackson's make-up artist. But you might remember him as Clifford the Big Red Dog from your childhood reading books. He's really not depressing at all. He does motivational speeches and sells tapes and books, and he once saved a drowning yak in Serbia. All this while running an orphanage in Botswana and teaching French to gorillas in the jungle of Kenya. He actually IS professional help. :p Clifford the big red dog? man where did that come from

sinton66
12-02-2003, 07:40 AM
Go Brahmas! I'm thinking of coming to the game. Go Brahmas!

FormerBellvilleBrahma and Brahma73, check your pm's please.

<small>[ December 02, 2003, 06:45 AM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

Bellville22
12-02-2003, 12:02 PM
TTT

To many other Bellville/Marlin threads posted, takes too long to sort through. THis one was the original, let's show it some love.

Bull's-eye
12-02-2003, 12:48 PM
afflac65:
HEY BULLS-EYE WHAT PART OF THE STADUIM ARE YOU GOING TO SIT ON THE 50 YARD LINE I LIKE TO GET THEIR ABOUT 6:45 SO I CAN GET A GOOD SEAT.....I'll be in that vicinity. Don't want to give my idenity because FormerBellvilleBrahma might be after me. LOL

necks
12-02-2003, 01:07 PM
Is the "Red Storm" planning on a new look for this game?

necks
12-02-2003, 01:08 PM
"Red Storm" is the biggest Bellville fan on the planet!

afflac65
12-02-2003, 01:08 PM
HEY REPTARD7ISCRAZY SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE HELPED OUT ALOT OF PEOPLE YOU MUST BE A GOOD SAMARITIAN.
TELL ME WHAT YOU WILL BE WEARING OR WILL BE SEATING SO I CAN MEET YOU AT THE GAME....

champ80
12-02-2003, 01:09 PM
BrahmaFan04:
Champ 80, u say Marlin could have beat LaGrange 35-0, well what you could have done doesn't matter it is what you did do that matters.That example was in reply to many "LG held them to 21" comments.......It could have been much worse......This observation comes from a coaches standpoint with many years experience.....

3ahunter2k4
12-02-2003, 01:43 PM
afflac65:
HEY REPTARD7ISCRAZY SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE HELPED OUT ALOT OF PEOPLE YOU MUST BE A GOOD SAMARITIAN.
TELL ME WHAT YOU WILL BE WEARING OR WILL BE SEATING SO I CAN MEET YOU AT THE GAME....come on man quit writing in all caps.

Bull's-eye
12-02-2003, 01:45 PM
Marlin's defense will be the best that Bellville has played. They are very good against the run and they have the athletes to cover the pass. Runnels must do some tough inside running, that will keep the Marlin defense honest. He is very hard to bring down with just 1 or 2 players. Marlin will key on Bellville's primary receivers, thus leaving the backs and tight ends open. Buenger has been running great, when things aren't open down field. Bellville's defense must continue to shut down the run and force Marlin into a passing game. Preventing the big play will be a key for the Bellville defense. Bellville has too many weapons, and should have success, if they take care of the ball. Here's my prediction.

Bellville 35
Marlin 21

afflac65
12-02-2003, 01:47 PM
HEY BULLS-EYE HERE IS MY PREDICTION

BELLVILLE 31
MARLIN 17

Bull's-eye
12-02-2003, 02:00 PM
necks:
Is the "Red Storm" planning on a new look for this game?Hey necks, I just talked the "Red Storm" and he is pumped. He will stay with the all red mustache and the shaved head. He gave me a prediction : Bellville 42 Marlin 14

Bull's-eye
12-02-2003, 02:06 PM
necks:
"Red Storm" is the biggest Bellville fan on the planet!Hey necks, Are you related to him? Your right, he is the biggest Bellville fan on the planet.

Bellville22
12-02-2003, 02:11 PM
Bull's-eye:
Marlin's defense will be the best that Bellville has played. They are very good against the run and they have the athletes to cover the pass. Runnels must do some tough inside running, that will keep the Marlin defense honest. He is very hard to bring down with just 1 or 2 players. Marlin will key on Bellville's primary receivers, thus leaving the backs and tight ends open. Buenger has been running great, when things aren't open down field. Bellville's defense must continue to shut down the run and force Marlin into a passing game. Preventing the big play will be a key for the Bellville defense. Bellville has too many weapons, and should have success, if they take care of the ball. Here's my prediction.

Bellville 35
Marlin 21Bulls-Eye, you really know your stuff. I like to read your predictions because your usually right on. I worry each week, more this week than ever. But your confidence relieves me a little. My prediction will be up tomorrow, probably gonna type a novel, but oh well, I'm excited.

Go Bulls!!! One Week at a Time!!!

necks
12-02-2003, 03:22 PM
Bull's eye..."Red Storm" is my uncle.......In most families I would be the biggest texas high school football fan . but not this one...that goes to "Red Storm". Would love to see the Brahmas bring home the title for him...I'll be at the state title game...

reptard7isCRAZY
12-02-2003, 03:59 PM
I don't know if I will be able to go to this game afflac...ill be at next weeks though...i'm sure by saying that, it will stir something, but oh well. i have confidence.

reptard7isCRAZY
12-02-2003, 04:04 PM
And I don't speak for Bellville, I speak for myself. I know somebody will try to say Bellville is over-confident, which they aren't.

afflac65
12-02-2003, 04:04 PM
hey reptard7iscrazy thanks for the reply sorry that you cant make it. it will be a good game by the way i heard if rice plays bellville that the coaches from both teams have already decided that the game will be next saturday at Rhodes staduim in katy have you heard anything about that just wondering.

reptard7isCRAZY
12-02-2003, 04:05 PM
I'm going to end the looking ahead now...

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
12-02-2003, 05:10 PM
I say Bellville by at least 3 TD's
good luck to both teams, and hope for a no injury game.

Bellville22
12-02-2003, 07:45 PM
afflac65:
hey reptard7iscrazy thanks for the reply sorry that you cant make it. it will be a good game by the way i heard if rice plays bellville that the coaches from both teams have already decided that the game will be next saturday at Rhodes staduim in katy have you heard anything about that just wondering.Can we PLEASE not talk about this til after Friday? :mad:

BrahmaMom
12-02-2003, 07:47 PM
Afflac, the Bellville mantra (you may have to look that up) is: One game at a time. The Bulls are preparing for Marlin, that's it, this week. Beating the Bulldogs is our #1 priority, nothing else matters, no other team is being thought of, talked about, or studied. Since you are now a Bellivlle fan, ya gotta get that down: one game at a time. The send off at the square is fun, by the way. I'll let ya know when it is. GO BRAHMAS!

Bull's-eye
12-02-2003, 08:28 PM
Hey Bellville22, thanks for the compliment. I have been reading and enjoying your posts for the last 2 seasons. You are very knowledgeable and impartial in your posts, writing like the way you see it. Looking forward to the "novel"

marlin fan
12-02-2003, 08:31 PM
Bull's-eye:
Hey Bellville22, thanks for the compliment. I have been reading and enjoying your posts for the last 2 seasons. You are very knowledgeable and impartial in your posts, writing like the way you see it. Looking forward to the "novel"Yeah what he said. Go Dawgs beat Bellville :D

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-02-2003, 08:36 PM
I hate to disagree with a Bellville fan about the Brahmas #1 fan, but FBB has not missed a Bellville game since the 7th grade. :D
Go Bellville Beat Marlin!!!!!

Bull's-eye
12-02-2003, 09:03 PM
Hey Former, don't forget that you have eaten 523 "Brahma Red" Blue Bell kid pops. That should get you some votes. LOL

<small>[ December 02, 2003, 08:11 PM: Message edited by: Bull's-eye ]</small>

marlin fan
12-02-2003, 09:10 PM
FormerBellvilleBrahma:
I hate to disagree with a Bellville fan about the Brahmas #1 fan, but FBB has not missed a Bellville game since the 7th grade. :D
Go Bellville Beat Marlin!!!!!Um are you trying to copy me????? LOL j/k :D Go dawgs beat Bellville :D

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-02-2003, 09:14 PM
Hey Bulls-Eye, have you talked to TDL, will he be at the game this week?

3ahunter2k4
12-02-2003, 09:15 PM
i think the dude with the huge red mustache is the biggest fan... he told me he bleeds red that's how big of a bellville fan he is.

Bull's-eye
12-02-2003, 09:59 PM
How many Bellville fans remember "One more time"? On the last plays of the 2002 Marlin/Bellville game, the Bellville fans shouted in unison for the defense to stop Marlin. It gave me goose bumps! Marlin and Bellville played a classic game and it didn't seem fair that someone had to lose.

3ahunter2k4
12-02-2003, 10:00 PM
yeah i remember that... that was an awesome feeling

marlin fan
12-02-2003, 10:04 PM
3ahunter2k4:
yeah i remember that... that was an awesome feelingFor me it wasnt frown

3ahunter2k4
12-02-2003, 10:07 PM
sorry man... but atleast you were part of the best game i've ever seen... too bad someone had to lose. can't wait to see what this year has in store for the rematch... anything can happen.

RiCeBaNd
12-02-2003, 10:38 PM
Go brahmas.. hope to see u again

jcwa88
12-02-2003, 10:44 PM
good-luck-bulldogs!!!!!!!!!!!
regards-of-a-Jasper-Bulldog-fan.no-disrespect,but-were-the-real-dogs.i-tink-it-would-be-nice-if-we-got-to-play-each-other-one-day :)

Bellville22
12-03-2003, 12:31 AM
3ahunter2k4:
i think the dude with the huge red mustache is the biggest fan... he told me he bleeds red that's how big of a bellville fan he is.Isn't that "Red Storm"?

Bull's-eye
12-03-2003, 12:22 PM
Yes, that is "Red Storm". I told him about bleeding red and he said everybody bleeds red. LOL..........Him and Former have been watching games since the days of leather helmets.

afflac65
12-03-2003, 03:49 PM
here is a some information that everybody needs to know. for those of us that have played football now the colder it gets the harder it is to throw the ball.
1st. the air is not as thin thus makes the air heavier than usual.
2nd. the ball its harder in cold air when you are trying to catch it.

this game starts at 7:30 PM and the estimated starting temp. is 48 degrees with it dropping pretty rapidly...

do you think the weather will effect either team and why. Or do you think it wont effect both teams and why also.

Bellville22
12-03-2003, 03:53 PM
The past 3 weeks it's been colder than it has all year. Buenger has thrown for 200+ each week, some of his highest totals of the year. He doesn't mind the cold, neither do his recievers (knock on wood). It's supposed to be cold in the 4th round, as long as there's no rain or alot of wind, I don't think it will be a factor.

keep_it_real
12-03-2003, 03:58 PM
im from rockdale and I went to last weeks slaughtering, I glanced down and saw that guy with the red stache.........thats pretty cool

shooootno15
12-03-2003, 06:14 PM
u know i read the basketball post and i read some1 said marlin should be ranked higher than 15th.....well yall can prove it once yall get all of yalls football players after friday.

Bellville-38
Marlin-21

reptard7isCRAZY
12-03-2003, 09:19 PM
People seem to be more excited about the Rice Port Isabel game..I don't see how it is getting so many more replies. This is in most peoples opinion the game of the week.

Bellville by 17

the_answer
12-03-2003, 09:37 PM
i have not seen anyway mention the weather. it is suppose to be in the 30's. How will this affect the game and who does it favor?

BrahmaMom
12-04-2003, 09:35 AM
It was cold in Round Rock and that didn't affect the Bulls. Jabow was bouncing up and down before he even got cold, he was so excited and READY, and did that boy put on a show. I hope all the guys have long sleeves on this week, from a mother's point of view. But Bellville has played in cold rain in the past and played great football. Adrenelin--it does a body good, and these boys are PUMPED! Everything stings more in the cold, but oh well, I don't think they'll feel it till after the game is over. GO BRAHMAS!

jykoy
12-04-2003, 12:04 PM
Go Bellville. Win.

CHS_Grad '85
12-04-2003, 12:29 PM
the_answer:
i have not seen anyway mention the weather. it is suppose to be in the 30's. How will this affect the game and who does it favor?Take your pick:

NOAA
Friday. Partly cloudy in the morning then clearing. Highs around 60. North winds 15 to 20 mph.

Friday night. Mostly clear in the evening then becoming partly cloudy. Lows around 30. North winds 10 to 15 mph.

Saturday. Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 50s. North winds 5 to 10 mph.

Saturday night. Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 30s.

The Weather Channel
Fri
Dec 05 Sunny 59°/32° 0 %
Sat
Dec 06 Sunny 55°/31° 0 %

Intellicast
Friday Dec 5 :
Sunny skies. High 59F. Winds N at 15 to 25 mph.
Friday night:
Clear. Cold. Low 32F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.
59 °F 32 °F
15°C 0°C

Saturday Dec 6:
Fair. Highs in the mid 50s and lows in the low 30s.

55 °F 31 °F
12°C -1°C

~~
I agree with Brahmamom - it won't affect the players as much as it will the fans... bring a blanket for Friday nite...

fmsc64
12-04-2003, 01:57 PM
:mad: Tank will be there as well as all the other players and in full force. This will not be a game for sissies. True both are great teams, are they wouldn't be playing each other nor would they have made it this far! Tank didn't play that much last week because of an old injury flaring back up. He is an excellent player and can run a whole in the wind, but so can Red, Dee, Pig, JMo, Mark, John, Mical, Jaz, James, Cody, Dedrick, Jermany, Dale, Ryan, Devon and all the rest. wink It will a game to see and one to remember, because the BULLDOGS have their hearts, mind and souls set on winning this game. All you haters :mad: come on out and watch two great teams play their best. :D May the best do their best and with
the support of the Almighty and the fans, may the best win and let it be Purple and Gold BULLDOGS! Yes!
:rolleyes: Marlin will be there with lots of spirit backing all our players 200%. :cool: So look, listen and then run your mouths! :p

fmsc64
12-04-2003, 02:06 PM
shooootno15:
u know i read the basketball post and i read some1 said marlin should be ranked higher than 15th.....well yall can prove it once yall get all of yalls football players after friday.

Bellville-38
Marlin-21Check out how we did last year and we were in the playoffs then also, get a job, get a life or get some help and stop ragging on Marlin! Do you predict the weather also? Maybe you could predict the lottery numbers that will win Saturday night also eek! !

SintonFan
12-04-2003, 02:10 PM
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Go Brahmas!!! Go Brahmas!!! Go Brahmas!!!
Go Brahmas!!! Go Brahmas!!! Go Brahmas!!!
Go Brahmas!!! Go Brahmas!!! Go Brahmas!!!<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">.
Good luck this weekend!

fmsc64
12-04-2003, 02:15 PM
Pudlugger:
If Bellville practices tackling with stiff arms in the facemask all week they will be fine. Bellville by 3 tds at least."Sugar and Cream what's the matter with this team?" "Nothing at all they just can't play football!" :D Marlin 21 vs La Grange "0" :p

fmsc64
12-04-2003, 02:19 PM
SintonFan:
Good luck this weekend!Save your energy for Friday night GO MARLIN BULLDOGS! "Once said--enough!" wink
Less is more, sometimes too much! frown

Bellville22
12-04-2003, 02:24 PM
the_answer: the weather was discussed a few posts before yours. Shouldn't be a factor.

fmsc64
12-04-2003, 02:47 PM
Bellville22:
Any word on who's home/visitor?Marlin is on the visitor's side just listen, we'll be the loudest ones there, cause we'll be winning! :D

cant stop me
12-04-2003, 02:55 PM
Couldnt agree more kicka$$ MARLIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHS_Grad '85
12-04-2003, 03:55 PM
fmsc64:

Bellville22:
Any word on who's home/visitor?Marlin is on the visitor's side just listen, we'll be the loudest ones there, cause we'll be winning! :D Marlin is the home team...

brahmagirl
12-04-2003, 04:23 PM
No! Marlin is visitor!

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
12-04-2003, 04:51 PM
O.K. MARLIN HOME OR VISITOR, WHAT IS IT?

ANYWAYS BELLVILLE ALL THE WAY.

CHS_Grad '85
12-04-2003, 05:09 PM
Well the athletic dept at A&M said Marlin is the home team...

Pudlugger
12-04-2003, 05:31 PM
champ80:
I've sat here for two weeks and read many, many posts about Marlin.....Many LG fans talk about discipline...coaching......bad calls..holding...stiff arm face masking......big plays.............sounds like sour grapes to me.......Marlin scored 21 points while just taking 27 snaps........There was a dropped pass in the second quarter with the receiver 10 yards behind the corner(#19).......there was an adjustment made to a pass play at half time.....the sophmore QB threw to the wrong receiver in the third quarter with the deep receiver wide open............those would have made the score 35-0.......in coaching circles this proves that when you play Marlin they are capable of scoring from anywhere on the field.........I have not seen Bellville play.....but I do know that once you get this far in the playoffs......everybody is very good.............Good luck to all that are still playing............Too the rest.....BasketballApparently Chump80 is such a terrific ex-coach he can forecast the future and predict the past. If Marlin had thrown the ball for two more tds they would have beaten LG 35-0! Now there's a brilliant observation for you! Using Chump80's logic, if the LG D had made two tackles they missed on Marlin's only two successful offensive plays the whole game it would have been 0-0 in the last 1:40 so LG would not have had to throw a desperation pass into coverage on their own 6 leading to the interception and final successful Marlin play and td. So they would have been running the ball which they did sucessfully against the Marlin D and would likely have scored winning 7-0!!!! That's all consistant with your own tortured "coach's view" and logic. :p

<small>[ December 04, 2003, 04:32 PM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

Bellville22
12-04-2003, 05:40 PM
Bellville is the home team.

BrahmaMom
12-04-2003, 07:41 PM
It will be a game for the books. I know my Brahmas have what it takes to go all the way. No doubt Marlin does, too. That's why they play these games. I like the Bulls in all red, just a personal preference, I think they perform well regardless of their outfit, so I don't care if they are home or visitors. I don't think they do, either. Good luck Brahmas, Bellville loves you all! Since I understand you can't hear me on the bus, consider yourselves cheered loudly by this BrahmaMom. GO BULLS!

FranksBullDog
12-04-2003, 07:53 PM
To Pudlugger The best team won!! If Marlin loses i hope to handle it better than you.

Pudlugger
12-04-2003, 10:10 PM
FranksBullDog:
To Pudlugger The best team won!! If Marlin loses i hope to handle it better than you.You missed my point FranksBulldog, the better team did win. I am just pointing out how absurd it is to speculate on what would have happened IF...woulda ,shoulda, coulda is a silly argument that Champ80 was making. I took offense to his denial of our team's good showing against a very capable opponent. Apparently, for some Marlin fans yourself not included, winning a game is not enough, they have to win it over and over on this board. If Bellville wins (and I think they will) and then some Bellville poster says they could have won by more IF, well then you can just sit idly by and let it go. I couldn't. frown

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-04-2003, 10:14 PM
Hey Pud, will you be at the game?

Brahma73
12-04-2003, 10:20 PM
If a frog had wings....

FranksBullDog
12-05-2003, 12:48 PM
To Pudlugger I agree with you on that I was just glad to get out with a win. We are big underdogs just like yall last week and if we play as hard as LG and still lose I will be very proud anyway just as i know you are.

Bull's-eye
12-05-2003, 01:07 PM
I'm ready for some football! Let's play the game and see who will win. Good luck to both teams and as always a injury-free game. Go Brahmas!!!!