PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill First Round

KngKongInDTrunk
11-09-2007, 10:10 AM
Who does it look like LH will play first round?

LH Panther Mom
11-09-2007, 10:14 AM
Most likely it will be Robinson, from everything I've seen. Of course, if I understand correctly, if Lorena pulls off the upset over the Rockets......AND Waco Connally pulls off the upset over Waco La Vega, THEN it will be Connally instead with Robinson out.

Old Tiger
11-09-2007, 10:15 AM
Robinson isn't too good. Not having Randy or BJ has killed them.

alaskacat
11-09-2007, 10:45 AM
After looking at the brackets..LH should just crusie through the whole thing in the brackets the've drawn, It will be a bunch of no body's and mediocre teams until the final

Rocket Dad
11-09-2007, 10:54 AM
Most teams that are 5-4 and have a graet shot at the playoffs aren't very good ? The Rockets have had a few flashes of being a decent team, including a 21-0 pasting of Rock - somebody - maybe Rockdale. For the record, the teams that have defeated Robinson this year are a combined 34-2 on the season. The Rockets can't be very good, they only played Celina to a terrible 19-6 loss.

BILLYFRED0000
11-09-2007, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Robinson isn't too good. Not having Randy or BJ has killed them.

Yes, when we played them they just could not move the ball. We fumbled a couple of scores away and had umpteen stupid penalties and still dominated the game.
I will say this tho. Their D is better than last years. If they had Kitchens back they might win it all this year. They will put a hat on you. I told them at the beginning of the year they did not realize just how much Kitchens and BJ meant to them and they just thought they would reload. Not too many teams can reload like we do and even we don't do it every year like in 02 and 03.

Runnin Panther
11-09-2007, 11:47 AM
What offense does Robinson run? I don’t know much about them.

KngKongInDTrunk
11-09-2007, 01:56 PM
Wing or slot T I think I would have to look again.

Centextrash
11-09-2007, 01:58 PM
They run the spread offense.

they are VERY good....LH had better strap it up and be ready for the 1st round!.

eagles_victory
11-09-2007, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Centextrash
They run the spread offense.

they are VERY good....LH had better strap it up and be ready for the 1st round!. they were losing to Fairfield at halftime enough said lol jk Robinson has some talent but their not in LH's league

LH Panther Mom
11-09-2007, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Centextrash
they are VERY good....LH had better strap it up and be ready for the 1st round!.
You are absolutely right! It's time for the Panthers to prove this years' slogan. :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

JDOG
11-09-2007, 07:06 PM
Liberty Hill will dominate. They have the best offensive line coach around. He was trained in Germany and Hans will lead his team to victory!

alaskacat
11-09-2007, 07:31 PM
it always helps when they dont have to play anyone of quality. The whole DIV 1 bracket is pretty week except for LH. I wish them well this year.

LHMom
11-10-2007, 09:47 AM
LHPM - Please let us know time/location info as soon as you have it! Are we for sure playing Robinson in the first round? I have to be in a weddig on Saturday. (I missed Christmas for the state game last year, but I can't miss this wedding.)

LH Panther Mom
11-10-2007, 10:10 AM
Friday, 7:30 @ Dragon Stadium

GO CATS!

Aesculus gilmus
11-10-2007, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by alaskacat
it always helps when they dont have to play anyone of quality. The whole DIV 1 bracket is pretty week except for LH. I wish them well this year.

Umm, Carthage is NOT weak, considering what they did to previously-undefeated Diboll last night.

wimbo_pro
11-10-2007, 10:28 AM
I haven't been able to pay much attention to this board (of HS football in general) this year...so someone tell me...

I gather that LH is going Div 1 this year?? I know the rules about who goes to which division, but what happened this year vs. last?

dogdad
[B]The whole DIV 1 bracket is pretty week except for LH.

come on now are you saying that for just that region or overall? overall the Div 1 is much stronger this year in Region 2 Celina wont play anyone until the semis and Div 1 has Gilmer Royse City Wylie WOS LH etc etc

88bobcats

Be careful, and don't take 'em lightly.....the Jasper Bulldogs are lightning quick. Don't let that 6-4 record fool you. They've got some losses, but those losses are to state-ranked teams.

I think Liberty Hill will be tested by Carthage, and then by the winner of the Jasper/Needville game.

Don't imagine the D1 brackets to be weak simply based upon their records. There are some very good teams that only happened to be beaten by possibly great teams.

Aesculus gilmus
11-10-2007, 10:29 AM
I forgot to add, in terms of Div I, that Gilmer is not exactly chopped liver either, but we've got to get past a few opponents first as well, before worrying about Liberty Hill.

And LH may well not make it to that round. I sense the Panthers are a bit overconfident.

LHMom
11-10-2007, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
I sense the Panthers are a bit overconfident.

I don't sense that at all. I personally look at the projected playoff bracket possibilities and I sure don't see a cake-walk. I do see teams the LH can/will beat if they don't make mistakes. The fans can talk and say "oh we're better" and this will be easy... but Vance and staff will keep the team focused on one week at a time.

LH Panther Mom
11-10-2007, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
I gather that LH is going Div 1 this year?? I know the rules about who goes to which division, but what happened this year vs. last?
Yes, we are. This year vs last - Hutto lost many to injuries over the course of the season and did not win a District game until last night. Taylor, well.....they played Hutto for next-to-last vs last, last night.

LH Panther Mom
11-10-2007, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by LHMom
Vance and staff will keep the team focused on one week at a time.
Exactly! And it started last night as soon as the game with Cameron was finished. "Robinson is good.....they're VERY good"....from Walker. Nobody else matters at this point, because it's one game at a time.

Panther One
11-10-2007, 10:45 AM
And LH may well not make it to that round. I sense the Panthers are a bit overconfident.
You sense that because a few posters who aren't even from LH say we have a cakewalk?

LH Panther Mom
11-10-2007, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Panther One
You sense that because a few posters who aren't even from LH say we have a cakewalk?
No joke! And someone from Celina to boot! ;)

Aesculus gilmus
11-10-2007, 11:11 AM

I didn't check where they were from. Sorry.

I just know that the Gilmer Buckeyes ain't EVER going to have confidence, much less overconfidence, even in their next breath after what happened in the first round last season.

We end every sentence now a la the Bible "if the Lord be willing."

The phrase I heard around here growing up was "the good Lord willin' and the creeks don't rise."

We've had a good dry spell for the last month or two, so the latter part of the statement is no longer operative.

It was during the summer, though. Many cows were on the verge of drowning in late June.

Panther One
11-10-2007, 11:13 AM
And I'm not sure who alaskacat is, but I'm pretty sure that's one of the posters last year during the playoffs who had the simple plan on how to stop our offense. I'm pretty sure he'd like to see us lose and is upset that we have what he perceives as a cakewalk. He's setting it up so that if we do get to state, he'll come on and say it's only because we didn't play anybody.

Of the four 3A teams that played for a state championship last year, only one was one of the highly ranked undefeateds entering the playoffs (Celina), and they didn't win. We're well aware that there are no guarantees in playoff football. And I apologize to the Gilmer fans, but their loss in round one last year serves as an example to everyone of what can happen and I can guarantee you that the Buckeye's coach isn't the only one using that as an example this year to keep his team focussed on the game at hand.

Panther One
11-10-2007, 11:17 AM
We end every sentence now a la the Bible "if the Lord be willing."
If the Lord be willing, we'll see you in five weeks or so. Good luck in the playoffs.

LHPfactory
11-10-2007, 12:15 PM
Last year, Both state champs had regular season losses, LH knows to look past no opponent. ONE AT A TIME through Dec15th......Ill be in Round Rock friday night,,,, yeeehaaa.....
Lord Be willing and Amen.

rundoe
11-10-2007, 06:18 PM
I forgot to add, in terms of Div I, that Gilmer is not exactly chopped liver either, but we've got to get past a few opponents first as well, before worrying about Liberty Hill.

The Panther team and coaching staff are not overconfident.

rundoe
11-10-2007, 06:19 PM

D1 Is NOT a weak Division.

rundoe
11-10-2007, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by LHMom
I don't sense that at all. I personally look at the projected playoff bracket possibilities and I sure don't see a cake-walk. I do see teams the LH can/will beat if they don't make mistakes. The fans can talk and say "oh we're better" and this will be easy... but Vance and staff will keep the team focused on one week at a time.

Agreed

rundoe
11-10-2007, 06:24 PM
And I'm not sure who alaskacat is, but I'm pretty sure that's one of the posters last year during the playoffs who had the simple plan on how to stop our offense. I'm pretty sure he'd like to see us lose and is upset that we have what he perceives as a cakewalk. He's setting it up so that if we do get to state, he'll come on and say it's only because we didn't play anybody.

Of the four 3A teams that played for a state championship last year, only one was one of the highly ranked undefeateds entering the playoffs (Celina), and they didn't win. We're well aware that there are no guarantees in playoff football. And I apologize to the Gilmer fans, but their loss in round one last year serves as an example to everyone of what can happen and I can guarantee you that the Buckeye's coach isn't the only one using that as an example this year to keep his team focussed on the game at hand.

Him and about 100 more.

Rocket Dad
11-10-2007, 09:54 PM
It will take a monumental effort from Robinson (and some luck) to get by L.H. However, don't let the 6-4 record lull you to sleep. The teams that have knocked off Robinson are a combined 38-2 this year. The Rockets, like others, went through some injuries that are now starting to heal. Gone are 5 players from last season that are now playing college ball, but not gone are the 9 or 10 returning starters that went through a magical 2006 run. These guys will lay it on the line and when the game is over - will have left every bit of energy, heart, and soul on the field. That, you can take to the bank. Good luck Rockets !!

LH Panther Mom
11-10-2007, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Rocket Dad
However, don't let the 6-4 record lull you to sleep. The teams that have knocked off Robinson are a combined 38-2 this year.
I'm totally unconcerned about the records. And I hope if our team learned one thing throughout the season, it's to not take any team for granted based on their record. Going into halftime behind 19-16 to 1-6 Rockdale (at the time) should have done that. I know the coaches will remind them. ;)

44INAROW
11-10-2007, 11:43 PM
Going with the Panthers - hhmm 45 to 8 sounds like a good number

Old Tiger
11-10-2007, 11:43 PM
Robinson isn't that fast. Cameron has a better offense than Robinson and LH did pretty well against that.

LH OffseasonVet
11-11-2007, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Going with the Panthers - hhmm 45 to 8 sounds like a good number

45-8?? I really don't see that happening, remember Robinson has trouble with the 2pt conversion.