PDA

View Full Version : Port Isabel/Raymondville Updates, and others....

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-17-2003, 08:06 PM
1st Quarter, Port Isabel 7, Raymondville 0

1st Quarter, La Feria 3, Rio Hondo 0

1st Quarter, Lyford 21, B'ville St. Joseph 0

1st Quarter, Hidalgo and Progreso are scoreless

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-17-2003, 08:08 PM
Make that Port Isabel 14, Raymondville 0, now in 2nd Quarter

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-17-2003, 08:15 PM
Lyford 37, Brownsville St. Joseph 0 (2nd)

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-17-2003, 08:24 PM
Lyford 44, Brownsville St. Joseph 0 (halftime)

All other 32-3A scores remain the same, all in 2nd quarter.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-17-2003, 08:38 PM
Halftime in Port Isabel...

Port Isabel 14, Raymondville 0

Keep it up Tarpons, you can do it!

<small>[ October 17, 2003, 08:40 PM: Message edited by: TarponFanInNorthTexas ]</small>

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-17-2003, 08:45 PM
Halftime in Rio Hondo, and a bit of a surprise here with one of 3A's undefeated teams....

La Feria 3, Rio Hondo 3

SintonFan
10-17-2003, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the updates TFINT. Keep them coming... :cool:

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-17-2003, 09:02 PM
Halftime score in Progreso...

Hidalgo 14, Progreso 0

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-17-2003, 09:11 PM
games are in the 3rd now, all the scores remain the same. I'll keep you posted if there is a change in the score.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-17-2003, 09:16 PM
3rd Quarter in Port Isabel...

Port Isabel 21, Raymondville 0

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-17-2003, 09:18 PM
Now in the 4th quarter in Brownsville...

Lyford 51, Brownsville St. Joseph (private) 0

Blowout city by Lyford, good job, Bulldogs.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-17-2003, 09:33 PM
early 4th quarter in Port Isabel

Port Isabel 21, Raymondville 7

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-17-2003, 09:36 PM
In Rio Hondo, La Feria finally scores...

La Feria 10, Rio Hondo 3 in the 4th.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-17-2003, 09:45 PM
Final score in Brownsville, TX....

Lyford 58
St. Joseph 7

Good job, Bulldogs. Way to represent 32-3A!

SintonFan
10-17-2003, 09:48 PM
PI-Raymondville scores???????
http://www.angelfire.com/journal/Respiratory/flagpirate.gif http://www.angelfire.com/journal/Respiratory/flagpirate.gif http://www.angelfire.com/journal/Respiratory/flagpirate.gif

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-17-2003, 09:49 PM
4th Quarter score in Port Isabel...

Port Isabel 28
Raymondville 7

I still do not have any updates on the other two district games.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-17-2003, 09:50 PM
SintonFan:
PI-Raymondville scores???????
http://www.angelfire.com/journal/Respiratory/flagpirate.gif http://www.angelfire.com/journal/Respiratory/flagpirate.gif http://www.angelfire.com/journal/Respiratory/flagpirate.gifYou're right, I should have put 32-3A score updates as a subject, MY BAD!!!

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-17-2003, 09:54 PM
The La Feria/Rio Hondo and Hidalgo/Progreso games are in the 4th quarter, but still no change in the score....

Actually, It is La Feria 9, Rio Hondo 3 (missed extra point by La Feria).

And it is still Hidalgo 14, Progreso 0.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-17-2003, 10:02 PM
Late 4th quarter in Port Isabel...

Port Isabel 34
Raymondville 7

GREAT JOB, TARPONS!!!! Way to bounce back! Keep up the good work next week vs. La Feria!

SintonFan
10-17-2003, 10:08 PM
WOW!!!
PI really took it to the Bearkats. Congratulations Tarpons!!!
Raymondville just pick your heads up and hopefully we'll see you in the playoffs. http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung0903/cool/cool-smiley-024.gif

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-17-2003, 10:16 PM
It's now a final in Port Isabel

Port Isabel 34
Raymondville 7

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-17-2003, 10:20 PM
SintonFan:
WOW!!!
PI really took it to the Bearkats. Congratulations Tarpons!!!
Raymondville just pick your heads up and hopefully we'll see you in the playoffs. http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung0903/cool/cool-smiley-024.gifThe way it is looking right now......Port Isabel, Raymondville, and Lyford have all beaten each other. If each take care of La Feria, then Raymondville will be in Div. 1 with Sinton, should the Pirates make the playoffs.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-17-2003, 10:21 PM
Now have a final score down in Rio Hondo...

La Feria 9
Rio Hondo 3

Rio Hondo's late drive was stopped inside La Feria's 10 yard line, preventing the upset.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-17-2003, 10:25 PM
And finally, a final score in Progreso...

Hidalgo 41
Progreso 0

Good win by the Pirates.

Ray_BearKat
10-17-2003, 11:40 PM
Great game PI, the Kats couldn't get there act together...they would run the ball into Pi territory then try to pass and fail. They held on for a good while but gave up in the 4th as all the fans were rushing out of the stands. :mad:

All I got to say is congrats to the Tarpons and if we all play our cards right we can keep La Feria where they belong out of the post season. Come on Raymondville, Lyford, and PI!

footballgal
10-18-2003, 08:13 AM
Tarpons cage one "Wolf" and some Bearkats!

Great Job Tarpons, the "Seawall Defense" came up big as they only allowed the Bearkats 152 total offense. The offense played their game as well, as the Tarpons had 408 total offense, 348 on the ground and 60 in the air.

Next week another showdown against the undefeated La Feria Lions (6-0) and a must win for atleast a share of District's title!

<small>[ October 18, 2003, 08:16 AM: Message edited by: footballgal ]</small>

footballgal
10-18-2003, 09:06 AM
http://www.brownsvilleherald.com/images/uploads/1018_PortIsabel1.jpg

GO BIG BLUE
Great job Gabe with 122 yards rushing and 60 passing.

<small>[ October 18, 2003, 09:11 AM: Message edited by: footballgal ]</small>

footballgal
10-18-2003, 09:16 AM
TFINT, please sort out for me what happens if there is a 2 or three way tie, how do they determine who is district champs, is it by points won over each team????

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-18-2003, 05:57 PM
footballgal:
TFINT, please sort out for me what happens if there is a 2 or three way tie, how do they determine who is district champs, is it by points won over each team????It all depends on what the coaches of the teams in question agree to. Back in 1990, PI was involved in a 3-way tie for the district title with Lyford, and Progreso. The district champion was decided with a coin flip (odd man out was the district champ seed) which Port Isabel won. Then whoever won the coin flip between the other two teams left (Lyford and Progreso) would go in the playoffs as the runner-up, which was Progreso.

As far as what they would do now.....if it is a simple 2-way tie for the district title, or a tie for 2nd, my guess is that whoever won the game head to head would be the higher seed. (example, if PI and Raymondville finish tied, PI would be the higher seed by virtue of their win over Raymondville) Now, in the event of a 3-way tie (which is entirely possible should La Feria lose their last 3 games to PI, Raymondville, and Lyford) then what will most likely happen is they will use a "point spread" system to determine seedings. Raymondville beat Lyford by 1, Lyford beat Port Isabel by 19, Port Isabel beat Raymondville by 27. I'm not sure how they go about it, but I think what they do is (example) They will take Port Isabel's win over Raymondville (27) and then subtract the # of points they lost by to Lyford (19) which would leave Port Isabel a +8. Lyford would be +18, and Raymondville would be -26. That would have Lyford as the top seed in Div. 2, Port Isabel as 2nd place (2nd seed in Div. 2) and Raymondville as 3rd place, and in Div. 1 playoffs since they have the highest enrollment. BUT, if they just go by the original numbers (27 for PI, 19 for Lyford, and 1 for Raymondville) then PI will be the top seed in Div. 2, Lyford as the 2nd seed in Div. 2, and Raymondville in Div. 1.

Confusing, huh? Well, I think what will most likely happen (most simplified) is should those 3 teams (PI, Ray, and Lyford) all make the playoffs, All three will share the district title regardless of seedings......Since Raymondville will be in Div. 1 playoffs, they will use the head to head between PI and Lyford, since Lyford won, they would be the top seed in Div. 2 with PI as the 2nd seed.

TARPON DAD
10-18-2003, 06:23 PM
what a game you guys missed !
i have nothing but respect!
hat off to missile,gabe, johnny,and trejo.
and of course to the couching staff,even though i got there in the 3rd Q i was not surprised,they played hard and took it to raytown
im just happy to have seen it with my own eek! eyes !

keep up the good work missile ,
who by the way scored the last 3 touchdowns.

go tarpons go !

ONE TEAM ONE GOAL!!!!!!!!!

footballgal
10-18-2003, 08:15 PM
No kidding TFINT, I knew it isn't going to be easy. Could of avoided all of this if only... No sense in dwelling in that. But I guess we should have a better idea by Friday and even better after the Progreso game. Thanks for the info!

<small>[ October 18, 2003, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: footballgal ]</small>

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-18-2003, 10:31 PM
Well, everything I have said will be a moot point if Lyford loses to La Feria in Week 10.

Imagine this scenario.....La Feria loses their next two games to PI and Raymondville, and come into their Week 10 game with Lyford with a 3-2 district record. Lyford keeps taking care of business and comes in with a 4-1 district record, which basically means "win, and they're in". Unfortunately, Lyford loses to La Feria, and both Lyford and La Feria finish with 4-2 district records. PI and Raymondville share the district title with 5-1 district records, and by virtue of PI's win over Raymondville, PI gets the top seed in the Div. 2 playoffs. Now, since Lyford and La Feria are also tied, and by virtue of La Feria's win (hypothetical of course) over Lyford, La Feria would be in the playoffs and go Div. 1, which means Raymondville would go 2nd seed in Div. 2.

Port Isabel and Raymondville control their own destinies......they take care of business against La Feria, and both the Tarpons and the Bearkats are in the driver's seat.

La Feria, even though they're undefeated right now, have beaten the weaker teams in the district (struggled mightily against Hidalgo and Rio Hondo) and now face their 3 toughest tests in 3 consecutive weeks to finish the regular season, they are far from assured of a playoff spot.

And last but not least, Lyford.....even though they're looking good right now, they really do need to win the rest of their games to get into the playoffs, ESPECIALLY against La Feria in Week 10. Should they win out, it will be a 3-way tie for the district title, and the possible scenarios I described earlier will come into play.

But if you think that was confusing......you should see what's happening in District 31......it's a 6-way tie for first, all of them have 1-1 district records. LOL