PDA

View Full Version : Best Week 0 Game in each Region?

NewMan88
08-28-2002, 12:15 PM
Just wondering if any of you guys have opinions on any games that will be good ones to watch in each region. I don't necessarily mean ranked teams battling it out though.

eye of the tiger
08-28-2002, 01:40 PM
In region II area I think the Spring Hill vs Chapel Hill will be a good game. And Forney vs a 4A region I Aledo will be good also.

j_dog
08-28-2002, 03:23 PM
Jasper at 4a Port Neches-Groves. PN-G scored some 9 touchdowns last week in its scrimmage against Baytown Sterling. Expect some fireworks Friday night.

sinton66
08-28-2002, 05:12 PM
Region4 is probably Burnet vs. 4A Austin Reagan.

bd62
08-28-2002, 08:52 PM
lagrange at yoakum should be a good one.

REBEL
08-29-2002, 10:49 AM
I can't imagine a better match up than Hillsboro v. McGregor on Thursday Aug. 29 in Waco ISD stadium it is the Central Texas Area kick-off GAME ! What away to start FOOTBALL SEASON !!

Matthew328
08-29-2002, 11:12 AM
Region 1 really doesn't have a lot of good matchups...maybe Ballinger vs Greenwood or Sweetwater vs Vernon...Region 2 Spring Hill Chapel Hill is the best but Crandall and Lindale will be a good one also..Region 3 Jasper vs PNG is good along with LaGrange and Yoakum..Region 4 is Burnet vs Austin Reagan..

hornet03
08-29-2002, 02:08 PM
best game around is definately McGregor and Hillsbors. Especially at Waco ISD stadium where big games always seem to spring up.

Pudlugger
08-29-2002, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by bd62:
lagrange at yoakum should be a good one.

Yes indeed it will be a tremendous test for the La Grange team. We are ranked way higher than we should be primarily based on prior seasons. This is a young team with many kids up from a 7-1 JV team plus some outstanding sophomore prospects. The offense should perform well due to a strong OL and Anderle at Qb and Boothe at fb. Boothe is very strong and difficult to tackle. He is not particularly fast (4.8) but you must hit him just right, wrap him up then go for a three or four yard ride to tackle 'em. Anderle can really throw the ball, and our offense has been built around this more this year than in the recent past. Boone can throw well too, so look for a shoot-out Friday night.

BHcheeze24
08-29-2002, 08:12 PM
The battle of chambers county ought to be an exciting game as Barbers Hill squares off against Anahuac. Barbers Hill is shooting for their 31 consecutive regular season win and it will tie a school record if they do so. Anahuac is really looking to end the streak so there ought to be awesome play from both teams.

Go Barbers Hill!!!

sinton66
08-29-2002, 08:14 PM
BHcheese, Did Wesley King win the Sheriff's election last year? I haven't been over that way for some time, so never heard the results.