PDA

View Full Version : Canyon and Dalhart Game

Wolf Playa
11-09-2007, 01:57 AM
Canyon had a 27-7 half-time lead and then scored with about 1:00m left in 3rd Q, Dalhart tried to do a comeback scoring twice to make the game 34-21, but was a bit too late, Canyons big lead helped them seal the deal against Dalhart, Canyon toped Dalhart 40-28.

The had some horrible refs, we had a TD called back because the ref said that he was out abounds when clearly it showed on the jumbotron that he was forced out. But Canyon wanted it more, and Dalhart didnt show up till 2nd half.

football4life
11-09-2007, 03:19 AM
so yea canyon dominated pretty much. now we move on to bigger and better things. sorry about those refs man, they totally blew it, i mean if a guy is forced out of bounds as he is running down the sideline he definitely shouldn't be counted out of bounds, thats ridiculous.:rolleyes:

Wolf Playa
11-09-2007, 08:17 AM
I know what play ur talking about, i was talking about the pass into the endzone.

eagles72
11-09-2007, 09:00 AM
They were pretty bad refs, but they definately did not lose the game for your team. Really the only reason the score was even that close was because we put in the reserves in the last quarter and quit passing the ball. Canyon is going to have to step it up several notches and play like they know how next week against Burk.

PurplePride2006
11-09-2007, 10:45 AM
Canyon vs Burkeburnett

8:00 pm Friday, Dick Bivins Stadium in Amarillo

VAMike
11-10-2007, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by Wolf Playa
Canyon had a 27-7 half-time lead and then scored with about 1:00m left in 3rd Q, Dalhart tried to do a comeback scoring twice to make the game 34-21, but was a bit too late, Canyons big lead helped them seal the deal against Dalhart, Canyon toped Dalhart 40-28.

The had some horrible refs, we had a TD called back because the ref said that he was out abounds when clearly it showed on the jumbotron that he was forced out. But Canyon wanted it more, and Dalhart didnt show up till 2nd half.

Do you have any examples other than this to support your claim of horrible refs because this example shows you are clearly confused. This was a Friday night game, not Sunday afternoon. There is no "force out" rule in NCAA rules (which are what is used to play Texas HS football).

dbch
11-15-2007, 05:26 PM
Actually this was Thursday game. What Wolf Playa is saying is worded incorrectly.

The jumbotron showed clearly getting his foot down before being shoved out. You are right there is not force out in high school or even college for that matter. But in both hs & college you only need 1 foot in.

The ref on the Dalhart sideline was absolutely horrible, the others were not as bad.

Does it change the game, probalby not. But you can kill the spirit of a team with early bad calls and there were some bad early calls and no calls. There were some 5 or more personal fouls on Canyon that were called and there were a few not called, where the ref (same ref) went and warned the player (same player more than once).

Stownhorse
11-15-2007, 05:28 PM
Did they play today?

buff4life
11-15-2007, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Did they play today?

Stownhorse your avatar is horrible...

American History X

bigron15
11-15-2007, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
Stownhorse your avatar is horrible...

American History X

yea right. thats a sweet movie

3afan
11-15-2007, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Wolf Playa
....because the ref said that he was out abounds when clearly it showed on the jumbotron that he was forced out. ...

didnt think there was a "forced out" rule in NCAA/TX HS ...

VAMike ?????

buff4life
11-15-2007, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by bigron15
yea right. thats a sweet movie

the movie is sweet...i'm just saying that clip makes me shiver lol...

Stownhorse
11-15-2007, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
the movie is sweet...i'm just saying that clip makes me shiver lol...

haha mission accomplished

VAMike
11-15-2007, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
didnt think there was a "forced out" rule in NCAA/TX HS ...

VAMike ?????

Correct, no "forced out" rule in NCAA (incl Tx HS). Only 1 part of body need be in bounds but if any part of the body is out of during the catch even if another part is in, it will be ruled incomplete.