PDA

View Full Version : Bellville/Caldwell--FR.- JV

zebrablue2
11-08-2007, 11:22 PM
Bellville FR. win 28-8 and Bellville JV win 28-14. I worked the games tonight and I just want to say Caldwell has some great kids and coaches. Class acts. Had no problems with either team. Good luck to Caldwell in the playoffs. A Caldwell player got hurt in the Fr. game. Involved the neck. I talked to a Caldwell coach after the game and he told me the kid was doing fine. Wanted to let everyone know who may have been there.

buff4life
11-08-2007, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
Bellville FR. win 28-8 and Bellville JV win 28-14. I worked the games tonight and I just want to say Caldwell has some great kids and coaches. Class acts. Had no problems with either team. Good luck to Caldwell in the playoffs. A Caldwell player got hurt in the Fr. game. Involved the neck. I talked to a Caldwell coach after the game and he told me the kid was doing fine. Wanted to let everyone know who may have been there.
zebra, where do me and casey sign up and stuff?

is there any chance of us working together?

BrahmaMom
11-08-2007, 11:31 PM
zebrablue2, thanks for letting us know about the Caldwell player who was injured--scares the heck out of the parents on both sides. Best of luck for a complete recovery. To clarify, if one of mine goes down and stays down, I will be on the field LONG before the EMS. Someone in the stands said there is a UIL rule against that. Is there? Heads up, give me the penalty. Congrats to the freshmen team who had a terrific fun season. Didn't watch the jv, but sounds like they did a great job too. Sub-varsity, get rested over the weekend and then begin preparing for NEXT SEASON!! GO BRAHMAS!!!

zebrablue2
11-09-2007, 07:46 AM
how did the Bellville 7th and 8th grade teams do at Caldwell?

KL3
11-09-2007, 08:18 AM
Final season records:

Bellville J.V. (9-1)
Bellville Freshman (10-0)

Waiting on the results for the 7th and 8th grade, but going into last night, they were:

Bellville 8th Grade (8-0)
Bellville 7th Grade (8-0)

rancher
11-09-2007, 08:36 AM
This makes me proud to see such a successful program for all the teams. How many of the freshman and JV's will be up on the varsity next year. Who are the horses coming that will help. A few years ago I remember watching a kid named I think Greenville in the 7th grade and he was impressive.

Bulligator
11-09-2007, 09:00 AM
Both Bellville 7th grade teams won last night.

The 8th grade B team lost 8 - 0, and the 8th grade A team lost 20 - 14. Caldwell had a good 8th grade team, with lots of speed and size.

trg
11-09-2007, 09:49 AM
Congratulations to the 8th Grade A Team on a great season. Looking forward to next year....Ya'll will be an asset to the HS football program.

And Congrats to all the other sub varsity teams on a great season.

BrahmaMom
11-10-2007, 01:24 AM
The freshmen have some size for the line. But the running backs are small--tough, fast, strong. Greenville is a stud, no doubt. The team will fill in some gaps, hopefully. Let's hope the Brahmas have a growing spurt and put on some weight--we were small this year. But if they don't take care of business in the off season, it won't matter. Go Brahmas, let's prepare to make a great comeback next year. To the other teams still playing ball-best of luck on an injury-free run for the title!

CHS_CG
11-10-2007, 02:00 AM
Thanks for that update zebra... A guy I work with has a son that plays on the fresh. team for bellville and he was asking me tonight if he was ok. Glad I can report good news Monday morning.

KL3
11-11-2007, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Bulligator
the 8th grade A team lost 20 - 14. Caldwell had a good 8th grade team, with lots of speed and size.

That 8th grade Caldwell team must be very, very impressive. Bellville's 8th grade came into the game 8-0 with 7 shutouts. The only points they had given up were 8 to Smithville in a 42-8 game.