PDA

View Full Version : Mart 38 Marlin 30 Final

marlin fan
11-08-2007, 11:18 PM
:eek: :eek: never in a million years did i think this game would be so close!! contrats dogs!!!! Heard that if Riesel Beats Centerville marlin is in the playoffs. right cody:confused:

Old Tiger
11-08-2007, 11:19 PM
Mart is a 1a school basically.

marlin fan
11-08-2007, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Mart is a 1a school basically. and your point is???:confused:

GreenMonster
11-08-2007, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by marlin fan
:eek: :eek: never in a million years did i think this game would be so close!! contrats dogs!!!! Heard that if Riesel Beats Centerville marlin is in the playoffs. right cody:confused: Why was this one played on Thursday?

marlin fan
11-08-2007, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Why was this one played on Thursday? Was played on Waco ISD Stadium guess they have a waco team playing on friday nite

mwynn05
11-08-2007, 11:31 PM
Mart might be over-rated teague should have beat them

Old Tiger
11-08-2007, 11:32 PM
and your point is???:confused: Just stating a fact. lol

King_LeYoeNidas
11-08-2007, 11:36 PM
I think he's saying a 1A school just beat a 3A school. Sort of. Just my guess though ;)

lakers
11-08-2007, 11:37 PM
WOW that was a shocker, being so close that is.

marlin fan
11-08-2007, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by lakers
WOW that was a shocker, being so close that is. yeah i know after the lose to Centerville last week i was for sure Mart would win by atleast 30 lol

lakers
11-08-2007, 11:41 PM
yeah i know after the lose to Centerville last week i was for sure Mart would win by atleast 30 lol

yeah seriously. oh well sometimes the unexpected teams can really bring their a-game in a game where they r supposed to get their butts handed to them.

eagles_victory
11-08-2007, 11:47 PM
:eek: :eek: never in a million years did i think this game would be so close!! contrats dogs!!!! Heard that if Riesel Beats Centerville marlin is in the playoffs. right cody:confused: yea if Riesel beats Centerville yall are in this game as actually meaningless for Marlin

eagles_victory
11-08-2007, 11:50 PM
As for why the game was played in Waco. The Mart stadium is small (they're getting a new one next year) and there is one parking lot that both fans park in. Marlin fans and Mart fans dont mix there have been many problems in the past. So according to Mart coach Rusty Nail it was both his and Coach Malones decision. Nail said he wanted to be focusing on football next week and not going to Austin because two people got into it in the parking lot.

marlin fan
11-08-2007, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
yea if Riesel beats Centerville yall are in this game as actually meaningless for Marlin i know lol just excited was WAY closer than expected!

lakers
11-08-2007, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
As for why the game was played in Waco. The Mart stadium is small (they're getting a new one next year) and there is one parking lot that both fans park in. Marlin fans and Mart fans dont mix there have been many problems in the past. So according to Mart coach Rusty Nail it was both his and Coach Malones decision. Nail said he wanted to be focusing on football next week and not going to Austin because two people got into it in the parking lot.

geez that is about as bad as west texas fans...

rancher
11-09-2007, 08:32 AM
Just curious is Teague that good and what chance do they have in the playoffs. Will they be the big school. In what I heard, Teague had Mart on the ropes and let them off and lost.

Fotbol
11-09-2007, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by mwynn05
Mart might be over-rated teague should have beat them Marlin should have beaten Teague also, smart guy!

rancher
11-09-2007, 11:15 AM
Why did Marlin lose three games in district if they were suppose to beat them. The only thing that counts is the final score.

mwynn05
11-09-2007, 11:36 AM
Teague's pretty good just cant stop the deep ball

rancher
11-09-2007, 11:52 AM
who will they play in the playoff's

eagles_victory
11-09-2007, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Fotbol
Marlin should have beaten Teague also, smart guy! no they shouldnt have

eagles_victory
11-09-2007, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by rancher
Just curious is Teague that good and what chance do they have in the playoffs. Will they be the big school. In what I heard, Teague had Mart on the ropes and let them off and lost. Teague is that good they have a good chance in the playoffs they will go D1 if Centerville beats Riesel. They will go D2 if Riesel beats Centerville. Teague has 3 guys who run the ball and they havent been held under 400 on the ground all year i dont think. They have two other guys who can run it good. They were driving to tie the game and had a fumble they can play with and possibly beat anybody in 2a. Not saying they will win state but they have a chance

rancher
11-09-2007, 01:13 PM
That is good to hear, they have not won in the playoffs since th 50's I was told.

eagles_victory
11-09-2007, 01:40 PM
That is good to hear, they have not won in the playoffs since th 50's I was told. they beat elkhart in the first round in 2004 as far as i know thats their only playoff win ever.

rancher
11-09-2007, 01:48 PM
I think you are correct. I hope they have the horses to go a ways. Why arent they playing Mexia and Fairfield

eagles_victory
11-09-2007, 01:50 PM
I think you are correct. I hope they have the horses to go a ways. Why arent they playing Mexia and Fairfield they're 2a now and Fairfield Mexia and Groesbeck are all still 3a. It had been us 4 in the district together ever since i could remember but now its just us Mexia and Groesbeck we havent even played Teague in 4 years its kinda sad