PDA

View Full Version : TO fined $10,000 by NFL

piratebg
11-08-2007, 11:02 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=txowensfine&prov=st&type=lgns

Report: NFL fines T.O. $10,000 for waving towel
November 8, 2007

DALLAS (Ticker) - Terrell Owens' latest trip to the end zone came with a price.

The flamboyant and controversial Dallas Cowboys wide receiver was fined $10,000 Thursday for violating NFL uniform and equipment rules, according to the Dallas Morning News.

After scoring a touchdown in Sunday's 38-17 victory over the Philadelphia Eagles, Owens waved a personalized towel on the sideline.

Owens told the newspaper that the fine is an example of the league taking the fun out of the game.

"It's stuff like that," Owens said. "People try to make a big deal out of it. It's not any different than Chad (Johnson) going to the sidelines and taking (out) a coat. All I had was a little towel, and now they want to make that into a big deal."

Earlier this season, the Cincinnati Bengals' Johnson drew a $10,000 fine for donning a blazer on the sideline with the words "Future Hall of Fame 20??" on the back.

Owens had a monster game against his former team, hauling in 10 catches for 174 yards and a touchdown.

Old Tiger
11-08-2007, 11:06 PM
He's waved that towel in previous games. The NFL is seriously out to get him. It is sad too since he has embrassed the Cowboys and is a changed person.

Shun the NFL for this....SHUN

lakers
11-08-2007, 11:28 PM
That is redicilous...

dang just make him donate the money to charity or somethin. that is a lot of money for waving a towel.

King_LeYoeNidas
11-08-2007, 11:33 PM
where does said money actually go?....

piratebg
11-08-2007, 11:43 PM
It goes to the building fund. :D

nobogey72
11-09-2007, 07:31 AM
I'm not a TO fan at all, but I have noticed at least an attempt by him to try to be a team guy this year. Gotta give him credit for that.

Adidas410s
11-09-2007, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
He's waved that towel in previous games. The NFL is seriously out to get him. It is sad too since he has embrassed the Cowboys and is a changed person.

Shun the NFL for this....SHUN

how did he embarrass the Cows???

Old Tiger
11-09-2007, 09:28 AM
embrace...spelling error

crzyjournalist03
11-09-2007, 10:15 AM
If anyone wants to help T.O. out, he's at least being an entrepreneur about it and selling those towels on his website.

Old Tiger
11-09-2007, 10:17 AM
One thing that chaps my ass is they always throw a delay of game flag when TO spins the ball after or he barely tosses the ball to the side. I've seen numerous other players barely toss the ball to the side and not be flagged for delay of game.

crzyjournalist03
11-09-2007, 10:19 AM
your butt must need a lot of Preparation H then.

Maroon87
11-09-2007, 10:49 AM
This might be the dumbest fine in the history of dumb fines.

SUPERMANN5107
11-09-2007, 11:00 AM
The NFL is so uptight. Something like TO did when he stood in the star at Texas Stadium a few years back I could see getting fined. But doing something on the sideline where its not interupting the game? Come on now just let em do their thing. Same goes for Ocho y Cinco as well.

mustang04
11-09-2007, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
One thing that chaps my ass is they always throw a delay of game flag when TO spins the ball after or he barely tosses the ball to the side. I've seen numerous other players barely toss the ball to the side and not be flagged for delay of game.

i'm surprised you didn't say cuz he was black.....

:D :D

i do like T.O. tho, you can tell he is trying not to bring any negative attention to himself or his team....i like him alot better now than a few years ago

JasperDog94
11-09-2007, 04:26 PM
So now the NFL can fine you for touchdown celebrations on the sidelines? Add this to the "Cowboy" rules in the NFL.:rolleyes:

bigron15
11-09-2007, 04:41 PM
thats a dumb fine since Chad Johnson didnt get fined for the HOF jacket on the sideline. these rules should pertain to everyone. the NFL is a TO hater

STANG RED
11-09-2007, 05:25 PM
You guys are forgetting, this is the bed TO made for himself over and over again. I dont feel sorry for him having to still sleep in it. And surely you all know he would still be up to his bad TO antics, if he were on a losing team. Especially if they werent getting the ball in his hands every other play.
If he can behave himself for another season or two, then maybe he will prove he has really changed for the better. But I'm still betting the old TO is still just below the surface. Just waiting to show himself again if things dont continue going his way.

SwtwtrMstngs04
11-09-2007, 05:37 PM
although i dont agree with TO getting fined. I do know that the money does actually go to a good cause. it goes to help retired players help pay bills for injuries they still suffer from, from when they were still playing.

Txbroadcaster
11-09-2007, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by bigron15
thats a dumb fine since Chad Johnson didnt get fined for the HOF jacket on the sideline. these rules should pertain to everyone. the NFL is a TO hater

yes he did..same amount 10K

this is not a TO thing..if Romo had done it he would be fined

eagles_victory
11-09-2007, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by SwtwtrMstngs04
although i dont agree with TO getting fined. I do know that the money does actually go to a good cause. it goes to help retired players help pay bills for injuries they still suffer from, from when they were still playing. that is so overblown