PDA

View Full Version : Your School and Playoffs.

PHS Wildcats
11-08-2007, 10:42 PM
I was sitting here thinking and Palestine has a slime chance of making the Play-offs this yr.

The Cats are down this yr, because they are very young and hit by graduation. I know if they make it to the play-offs they'll probably get creamed in the 1st rd. I know people say "Anything can happen once the Play-off starts", but ... I was wondering do I really want them to make the play-oof and see them lose in the 1st rd.

My question is if you know that you school had a mediocre season and barely made it in. Do you really want them in, if you know there are going to lose in the 1st rd?

Don't get me wrong, I love my 'Cats, but am I wrong for kind of hoping that we don't make it in?

piratebg
11-08-2007, 10:44 PM
I kind of had similar feelings last year. I was glad to see the Pirates make the playoffs, but we knew before hand that they would face Cuero in the first round. The Gobblers had already dismantled Sinton in week 0. Sinton was the 3rd place team in District 30. It was still good to see Sinton extend it's playoff streak, but that came to an end this year.

AP Panther Fan
11-08-2007, 10:45 PM
I think what is worse is looking at your entire district and thinking the same thing.:(

I hope someone proves me wrong.;)

block&tackle
11-08-2007, 10:46 PM
That first round loss (assuming) will buy ya'll one more week of practice for a young team and will help raise expectations for the future. The program will benefit.

IHStangFan
11-09-2007, 12:59 AM
both of the schools I follow are "better than average" teams, but I fear not much more. Ingleside has lost some explosiveness on O. Needville on the other hand...was a run run run team most of the season, then were handed two losses (a combimed 6 points..but still losses) and the coaching staff has made some adjustments and opened up the O a bit. Their D defends the pass very well. I have a little higher hopes for Needville this year than I do Ingleside. I often wonder what would happen if the two teams played. My take is that Ingleside's "wide open" offense and style of play would play right into the Needville D's hands. I also don't think Ingleside's D could stop Needville's newly found balanced O. Ingleside has something to prove to me this year in their first game against Gonzales. I think they'll have their hands full w/ the Apaches. Needville will define its season to me by how they play first round against D23. I THINK they can give the D23 rep a good fight, but we'll just have to wait and see.

That being said....I don't think either team is state champ. caliber. I DO think they are good teams though. Needville w/ a little more balanced O and perhaps a standout WR or two would be a force.
Now that I've rambled...I'll give the floor to someone else.