PDA

View Full Version : should I...

lion75
11-08-2007, 06:54 PM
Fear the letdown? Vernon is coming off of an emotionally draining victory at Graham and Iowa Park is playing much better. They lost 2 weeks ago to Graham by a point and have had two weeks to get ready for Vernon. This is supposed to be a meaningless game but no way it is meaningless to IP. It never is. Am I paranoid or does this set up as a trap game for Vernon? (IP also beat Bridgeport 21-7 earlier so I know that they can play.)

Stownhorse
11-08-2007, 06:58 PM
Are they not a threat in district?

IHStangFan
11-08-2007, 07:14 PM
will this have any effect on the playoff picture for that district?

lostaussie
11-08-2007, 07:50 PM
I came through Vernon and IP bout 95 this morning :D

nobogey72
11-08-2007, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by lion75
Fear the letdown? Vernon is coming off of an emotionally draining victory at Graham and Iowa Park is playing much better. They lost 2 weeks ago to Graham by a point and have had two weeks to get ready for Vernon. This is supposed to be a meaningless game but no way it is meaningless to IP. It never is. Am I paranoid or does this set up as a trap game for Vernon? (IP also beat Bridgeport 21-7 earlier so I know that they can play.)

not that I am a big Vernon fan, but I hope Vernon beats IP by 30 and with as much humiliation as possible. We played IP last year for the first time in a long time and I felt like I was back in the 60's. Red Neck City. I thought I was imagining things at first but then when their band played Dixie when they were coming off the field.......I was pretty sure about the atmosphere. Dam. Then we played them at our place this year and they were running the single wing. Not the wing-t, I'm talking pure d ol' Red Grange looking single wing. I've heard that since then they have opened it up some and gotten into a wing t look and even the I and been more successful. That was the ugliest offense I have ever seen. If I were a IP fan, I'd have pd. 5$ not to have to go to the game. I guess I'm fixin to find out if there are any IP posters out there. Oh....great, now I've got Dualling Banjos going in my head. That may be their school song. That's all I have to say about that!!!

RedWhiteBlue
11-08-2007, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
not that I am a big Vernon fan, but I hope Vernon beats IP by 30 and with as much humiliation as possible. We played IP last year for the first time in a long time and I felt like I was back in the 60's. Red Neck City. I thought I was imagining things at first but then when their band played Dixie when they were coming off the field.......I was pretty sure about the atmosphere. Dam. Then we played them at our place this year and they were running the single wing. Not the wing-t, I'm talking pure d ol' Red Grange looking single wing. I've heard that since then they have opened it up some and gotten into a wing t look and even the I and been more successful. That was the ugliest offense I have ever seen. If I were a IP fan, I'd have pd. 5$ not to have to go to the game. I guess I'm fixin to find out if there are any IP posters out there. Oh....great, now I've got Dualling Banjos going in my head. That may be their school song. That's all I have to say about that!!!
I'm telling you- we are all just a bunch of hicks of here bogey..... you need to stay down south with your kind!!!!:kiss:

lion75
11-09-2007, 10:55 AM
This game has no bearing on playoffs at all