PDA

View Full Version : finally got a new phone

jason
11-08-2007, 04:49 PM
http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/5626/clipimage002jr3.jpg

got a good deal on ebay - with cash i had in my paypal account, it only cost me 40 bucks out of pocket....

anybody have/used one before? ive read good things...

crzyjournalist03
11-08-2007, 06:01 PM
be very wary of ebay phones...I've had two of them and neither has turned out to be "new" as the auction stated...in fact, if you do a google search for "ebay phones", it returns hundreds of horror stories...most "new" phones turn out to be damaged/refurbished.

I hope this one works out for you, but don't throw away your old one right away!

DU_stud04
11-08-2007, 06:06 PM
mine's still better.... :D

mistanice
11-08-2007, 06:10 PM
got the new simple, sleek razr 2 for sprint

big daddy russ
11-08-2007, 06:20 PM
jason, I've got that exact phone and love it. I have a bluetooth radio in my truck, and it links directly with my phone. I get XM radio through my phone without having to buy a separate adapter for my car--that's right, it links right up via bluetooth and plays crystal clear on my radio. Same thing with phone calls.

It has that song recognition software, where it can "listen" to a song and tell you the artist, title, etc; you can beam documents (Word docs, resume software, spreadsheets, whatever) straight from your phone to a colleague's phone; email software (similar to Outlook) right on the phone; it has as good an internet browser as you'll find on a PDA phone, etc, etc. There are just so many different things the Blackjack does. I've had mine for about four months, and I still haven't completely figured it out.

The only two complaints I have about it (and these are small) are that you can't adjust the ringer volume, just decide whether you want it on or on vibrate (at least to my knowledge... I'm not a "read the manual" type of guy); and it'd be nice if it was a touchscreen for the internet.

Honestly, though, great phone so far. I haven't had any problems and I haven't been easy on it. Great battery life (I get a day and a half out of the slim battery you get with it, about three days with the fat one), fits in your pocket more comfortably than any other PDA phone I've seen, better than average call clarity and volume... I love it.

Texasfootball2
11-08-2007, 06:22 PM
Good, call someone who cares:clap: J/K

jason
11-08-2007, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
be very wary of ebay phones...I've had two of them and neither has turned out to be "new" as the auction stated...in fact, if you do a google search for "ebay phones", it returns hundreds of horror stories...most "new" phones turn out to be damaged/refurbished.

I hope this one works out for you, but don't throw away your old one right away! this isn't the first phone ive gotten off of ebay - the only problem ive had is the one i got last week, i misread some things, it was only tri-band and not quad-band so i got a refunt...

im out of contract with cingular but since i live out west, all my calls are on non-cingular towers and that costs them money, so they wont let me renew my contract grr so i cant get the 'cheap' phones that people get when you resign a contract...oh well, i think this one is going to work out well...

jason
11-08-2007, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
jason, I've got that exact phone and love it. I have a bluetooth radio in my truck, and it links directly with my phone. I get XM radio through my phone without having to buy a separate adapter for my car--that's right, it links right up via bluetooth and plays crystal clear on my radio. Same thing with phone calls.

It has that song recognition software, where it can "listen" to a song and tell you the artist, title, etc; you can beam documents (Word docs, resume software, spreadsheets, whatever) straight from your phone to a colleague's phone; email software (similar to Outlook) right on the phone; it has as good an internet browser as you'll find on a PDA phone, etc, etc. There are just so many different things the Blackjack does. I've had mine for about four months, and I still haven't completely figured it out.

The only two complaints I have about it (and these are small) are that you can't adjust the ringer volume, just decide whether you want it on or on vibrate (at least to my knowledge... I'm not a "read the manual" type of guy); and it'd be nice if it was a touchscreen for the internet.

Honestly, though, great phone so far. I haven't had any problems and I haven't been easy on it. Great battery life (I get a day and a half out of the slim battery you get with it, about three days with the fat one), fits in your pocket more comfortably than any other PDA phone I've seen, better than average call clarity and volume... I love it.

sounds good, im not a 'fancy techinical' guy, im not into the xm/bluetooth truck radio stuff, ill mainly use it for phone, txt messages, email for work, and the occasional web access for work...and there has to be a way to turn the ringer volume down, i am one of those 'read the manual' kind of guys, ill do it when im in my library though ;)

R4Editor
11-08-2007, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
you can beam documents (Word docs, resume software, spreadsheets, whatever) straight from your phone to a colleague's phone; email software (similar to Outlook) right on the phone; it has as good an internet browser as you'll find on a PDA phone, etc, etc. and it'd be nice if it was a touchscreen for the internet.

fits in your pocket more comfortably than any other PDA phone I've seen, better than average call clarity and volume... I love it. :) is it windows mobile, i saw them when i was in Austin last month and they didnt have it with Windows PC Mobile 7.0 . The Windows PC PDA i have has a processor speed of 420 MHZ and touch screen with video and picture and fits in my shirt pocket. Camera not so great its 2 Mega Pixels. But excellent for posting live at games :D .

That phone was going for 450.00 that jason shows.

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-08-2007, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by jason
http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/5626/clipimage002jr3.jpg

got a good deal on ebay - with cash i had in my paypal account, it only cost me 40 bucks out of pocket....

anybody have/used one before? ive read good things...

My brother had one but now he has a Motorola Q, and I have a HTC Touch. So I couldnt tell you much bout this one, but be careful on that ebay stuff cause my friend bought one off of ebay and it was a POS.

jason
11-08-2007, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
My brother had one but now he has a Motorola Q, and I have a HTC Touch. So I couldnt tell you much bout this one, but be careful on that ebay stuff cause my friend bought one off of ebay and it was a POS. i wanted a moto q but they were out of my price range :(

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-08-2007, 07:52 PM
i wanted a moto q but they were out of my price range :(

Yeah he loves his lol, I like mine tons better tho to me, Its more less an Iphone.

Ranger Mom
11-08-2007, 08:08 PM
I have bought at least 10 cellphones from e-bay and have never had a problem with any of them!!!

R4Editor
11-08-2007, 08:12 PM
i wanted a moto q but they were out of my price range :( that is what i finally bought, 620.00 but had 150.00 rebate for adding a line. oops thats is not the phone its this one a Mogul
http://www.america.htc.com/images/content/mogul_support.jpg

big daddy russ
11-08-2007, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by R4Editor
:) is it windows mobile, i saw them when i was in Austin last month and they didnt have it with Windows PC Mobile 7.0 . The Windows PC PDA i have has a processor speed of 420 MHZ and touch screen with video and picture and fits in my shirt pocket. Camera not so great its 2 Mega Pixels. But excellent for posting live at games :D .

That phone was going for 450.00 that jason shows.
No, they're not. They're definitely more phone/entertainment hub than PDA.

Two megapixels ain't bad at all, especially not for a phone. I think this one only comes with a 1.3 mp camera, and that's about as good as you'll find in the $200 price range.

wildstangs
11-08-2007, 08:51 PM
Nice phone - I splurged and got an Iphone. Has been crucial to me making it through many BORING days of student teaching.

slpybear the bullfan
11-09-2007, 01:07 AM
Been carrying this phone for six months now...

LOVE IT.

'specially when I travel and get broadband wireless access on it via 3G towers.

And I also bought mine off of eBay.

DU_stud04
11-09-2007, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
My brother had one but now he has a Motorola Q, and I have a HTC Touch. So I couldnt tell you much bout this one, but be careful on that ebay stuff cause my friend bought one off of ebay and it was a POS. nice phone, ive got me the htc Cingular 8525. i love it.

Ray_BearKat
11-09-2007, 03:05 AM
i have the motorola q and its been good...sprint's coming out with the new Q for the holidays, not sure if i should get it or wait for the next new thing to come out.

3afan
11-09-2007, 08:46 AM
i still use my daughter's phone she got 3 yrs ago .... it almost time for a new one

Old Tiger
11-09-2007, 09:00 AM
I still would like an I phone.

jason
11-14-2007, 03:29 PM
phone came in today...
everything we perfect, took me a while to pry the battery cover off - actually had to slide something in there and force it off...

phone seems good, it is amazing the quality of the speaker on it, the last time i had a 'song' ring tone, it was an old nokia that could only beep the tunes of songs, this plays realy mp3's its pretty cool...

now i gotta figure out all the email stuff, blah....

Txbroadcaster
11-14-2007, 03:55 PM
Wife and I just got Blackberry pearl phones, they came in today

PurplePride2006
11-14-2007, 08:06 PM
Just Bought An I-Phone Off Of E-Bay and I Love It

AP Panther Fan
11-14-2007, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Wife and I just got Blackberry pearl phones, they came in today

This is what my daughter wants for Christmas...let me know how y'all like them, okay?

This entire thread makes me crazy, I should refer to one of "you people" the next time I consider buying a phone (I can't stand dealing with all this technology lingo)...I can't even record on a VCR.:D :nerd:

Snyder_TigerFan
11-14-2007, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I can't even record on a VCR.:D :nerd:

They still have VCRs?:p

AP Panther Fan
11-14-2007, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
They still have VCRs?:p

lol...I wouldn't know, since I never learned!:D Tivo, whatever, blah....I don't even have Digital Cable yet....they will probably make me.

I know how to rent a DVD and play it OKAY?;) :p