View Full Version : Giddings won't go far into the play-offs

kepdawg
11-08-2007, 04:02 PM
A look back

Originally posted 11-03-2001

By GoYOE

Giddings/Officials Consol. vs. Yoe

Giddings won't go far into the play-offs, because they won't be able to pay-off
the officials like they did at home against Cameron. Why don't refs get out of the way and let the teams play! Beware, if you ever have to play in Giddings, the refs are one sided and it's give the Buffs every chance they can get. They even call fumbles on passes in over-time when the receiver never even catches the ball. Many times "during the game" Giddings should have been flagged for unsportsman-like conduct, but the officals were well paid. OK! Cameron lost, but play a fair game next time Giddings! Ya'll and Elgin both have the refs on your side, it's obvious. And what was Cameron to do, wait for the entire Giddings side to finish running out on to the field and then shake hands? Talk about bad sports! You should shake-hands then run around celebrating! Go Yoe, that crap Giddings calls fair play won't keep you down. Your fans are behind you all the way! Go YOE!!!

bigron15
11-08-2007, 04:34 PM
there are so many giddings threads today!

Stownhorse
11-08-2007, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by bigron15
there are so many giddings threads today!

Yea we like getting their heads swollen.

Runnin Panther
11-08-2007, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Yea we like getting their heads swollen.

They are trying to wear everyone else down.

buff4life
11-08-2007, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
A look back

By GoYOE

the officials like they did at home against Cameron. Why don't refs get out of the way and let the teams play! Beware, if you ever have to play in Giddings, the refs are one sided and it's give the Buffs every chance they can get. They even call fumbles on passes in over-time when the receiver never even catches the ball. Many times "during the game" Giddings should have been flagged for unsportsman-like conduct, but the officals were well paid. OK! Cameron lost, but play a fair game next time Giddings! Ya'll and Elgin both have the refs on your side, it's obvious. And what was Cameron to do, wait for the entire Giddings side to finish running out on to the field and then shake hands? Talk about bad sports! You should shake-hands then run around celebrating! Go Yoe, that crap Giddings calls fair play won't keep you down. Your fans are behind you all the way! Go YOE!!!

now thats a pot callin the kettle black...

48minutes
11-08-2007, 09:09 PM
thats funny, 2001. Cameron crying about the refs being well paid.
Was anyone at the game in cameron a few years back when Cameron won 21-20? nm

c-town_balla
11-08-2007, 09:12 PM
I've had many a night enjoying that 21-20.....good times

Darren
11-08-2007, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
I've had many a night enjoying that 21-20.....good times

I was at that game...

Its kind of sad thats still what you hang your hat on.

c-town_balla
11-08-2007, 10:21 PM
not since about august of last year...just becuase the 07 class from giddings had a problem with us

buff4life
11-08-2007, 11:31 PM
not since about august of last year...just becuase the 07 class from giddings had a problem with us

and yet that was yalls only comeback...

BrahmaMom
11-08-2007, 11:37 PM
Boys, boys....Get along!

King_LeYoeNidas
11-08-2007, 11:39 PM
funny...my Jr & Sr year we beat Giddings.

As for the comeback, I was in the pressbox and watched it happen. Giddings let their guard down and got beat. Simple as that.

HippoBaseball05
11-09-2007, 12:00 AM
...on a flux capacitor?

I swear the Cameron faithful are wearin out the Delorean on this thread.

:D

King_LeYoeNidas
11-09-2007, 12:01 AM
if I recall correctly, it was kepdawg who brought the thread up. not Cameron faithful.

CHS_CG
11-09-2007, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
if I recall correctly, it was kepdawg who brought the thread up. not Cameron faithful.

Thats what I was thinking...

A look back

By GoYOE

kepdawg
11-09-2007, 01:32 AM

Yeah, I'm not Cameron faithful!

It just entertains me to see Giddings people go crazy!

Kind of like kicking an ant bed!

CHS_CG
11-09-2007, 01:38 AM

I would compare it more to burning one ant with a cigarette and the rest of them start scatter and going crazy... but I agree it is entertaining

Old Tiger
11-09-2007, 01:43 AM
Kind of like all the Caldwell posters prior to the Giddings game! haha

And all the Navasota posters now.

CHS_CG
11-09-2007, 01:47 AM

BTW I will say again...

you are such a trouble maker! lol

Darren
11-09-2007, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue

Nice...

48minutes
11-09-2007, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
I would compare it more to burning one ant with a cigarette and the rest of them start scatter and going crazy... but I agree it is entertaining

Since we are speaking of entertaining, it was pretty darn entertaining to see Cantu acting like he was on top of the world before the Giddings game, and then watch him not even have the CLASS after the game to shake hands with the other team. It was also pretty entertaining to see the scoreboard after the game, while all the caldwell fans were starting to scatter and go crazy. Because there team got beat, and there X factor didn't even get them 80 yds. Thats entertaining stuff right there!

48minutes
11-09-2007, 09:32 AM

So I guess the 07 class solved that problem after they beat la vega who had knocked cameron out 1st round? :)

King_LeYoeNidas
11-09-2007, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by 48minutes
So I guess the 07 class solved that problem after they beat la vega who had knocked cameron out 1st round? :)

That doesn't even make sense....

c-town_balla
11-09-2007, 11:01 AM
No they seemed to have a personal problem with us. They came to our La vega game and mocked us after we lost....that is without a doubt the most classless thing I had ever seen

Darren
11-09-2007, 11:05 AM
No they seemed to have a personal problem with us. They came to our La vega game and mocked us after we lost....that is without a doubt the most classless thing I had ever seen

Come on now let it go....

c-town_balla
11-09-2007, 11:08 AM
It dosen't bother me...im just saying becuase people just think we are jealous of Giddings or somthing

buff4life
11-09-2007, 01:59 PM

there was no mocking...

don't try to make stuff up to make you seem hurt...YOUR not even in 07 young'n so you have NO SAY in this argument...

and 48 minutes made a GREAT point...

buff4life
11-09-2007, 02:00 PM
It dosen't bother me...im just saying becuase people just think we are jealous of Giddings or somthing

and i'm pretty sure there were some Cameron people mocking after the LH game...correct?

buff4life
11-09-2007, 02:00 PM

no all the Caldwell posters vamoosed...

bandwaggoners

buff4life
11-09-2007, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by 48minutes
Since we are speaking of entertaining, it was pretty darn entertaining to see Cantu acting like he was on top of the world before the Giddings game, and then watch him not even have the CLASS after the game to shake hands with the other team. It was also pretty entertaining to see the scoreboard after the game, while all the caldwell fans were starting to scatter and go crazy. Because there team got beat, and there X factor didn't even get them 80 yds. Thats entertaining stuff right there!

That is great...good to know i'm not the only one that noticed the anitcs before the game and after...

King_LeYoeNidas
11-09-2007, 02:20 PM
Has Giddings ever actually won a state title?

sicem74
11-09-2007, 02:57 PM
come on guys......let this go.....its old.....

haha sike 21-20

buff4life
11-09-2007, 02:58 PM
yes we have...

and sicem...that score barely adds up to your height...

sicem74
11-09-2007, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
yes we have...

and sicem...that score barely adds up to your height...

wow i swear im 6 foot....ok ok 5'11

c-town_balla
11-09-2007, 04:01 PM
and he plays at houston....so that would make him....idk....atleast pretty good

buff4life
11-09-2007, 05:00 PM
and he plays at houston....so that would make him....idk....atleast pretty good

ok BIG difference between playing and being on the team as a walk on...

c-town_balla
11-09-2007, 05:15 PM
yet people love gary? Charles is doing the same thing....

buff4life
11-09-2007, 07:09 PM
yet people love gary? Charles is doing the same thing....

Gary is intelligent and doesn't continue to live in the past...

buff4life
11-09-2007, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by sicem74
come on guys......let this go.....its old.....

haha sike 21-20

Giddings wanted to play Cameron last year but mr mullins was scared and picked Lexington

alaskacat
11-09-2007, 07:19 PM
I just hope Giddings is 15-0 when they run headlong into Celina. since we cant get a rematch with LH, I guess that will just have to do:)
Celina 36 Giddings 0

King_LeYoeNidas
11-09-2007, 07:27 PM
Giddings wanted to play Cameron last year but mr mullins was scared and picked Lexington

proof please? When has Cameron EVER ducked Giddings you goof. We play each other all the time.

sicem74
11-09-2007, 09:23 PM
ok BIG difference between playing and being on the team as a walk on...

be in the rotation rs sophmore year...nuff said

buff4life
11-10-2007, 01:01 AM
proof please? When has Cameron EVER ducked Giddings you goof. We play each other all the time.

last year...

I don't have a tape of the convo but it happened...

and mr nuff said...rotation you wish...

48minutes
11-10-2007, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by alaskacat
I just hope Giddings is 15-0 when they run headlong into Celina. since we cant get a rematch with LH, I guess that will just have to do:)
Celina 36 Giddings 0

I really hope we get a chance discuss a giddings vs celina in the near future. That would be something special, Alot of tough games between here and there though. Starts friday in Tomball against the sealy tigers. Go buffs

and sorry but I have to add this.. 36-0? are you serious. haha :)

Old Tiger
11-10-2007, 03:39 AM
Celina 33
Giddings 9

griff
11-10-2007, 09:37 AM
I have no dog in this Giddings vs. Cameron squabble, but I will say I agree there is much unsportsmanlike conduct on the Giddings team. I've seen them play the last two years, and there is dirty play and alot of trash talking coming from their players. In fact, in a game I saw last year, a Giddings player was ejected for throwing a punch at his opponent. Also, the players do alot of protesting and showing frustration on the field and the sidelines during the game. They don't seem to keep their cool very well. This is a reflection on the coaching staff. Excessive trash talking, dirty play, and not keeping your compusure should not be tolerated by the men in charge. Giddings is obviously a very good 3A team, but I predict they will not win a state championship under the current coaching staff because they're lacking one very important ingredient - team discipline.

48minutes
11-11-2007, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by griff
I have no dog in this Giddings vs. Cameron squabble, but I will say I agree there is much unsportsmanlike conduct on the Giddings team. I've seen them play the last two years, and there is dirty play and alot of trash talking coming from their players. In fact, in a game I saw last year, a Giddings player was ejected for throwing a punch at his opponent. Also, the players do alot of protesting and showing frustration on the field and the sidelines during the game. They don't seem to keep their cool very well. This is a reflection on the coaching staff. Excessive trash talking, dirty play, and not keeping your compusure should not be tolerated by the men in charge. Giddings is obviously a very good 3A team, but I predict they will not win a state championship under the current coaching staff because they're lacking one very important ingredient - team discipline.
I like it how a team gets "judged" when they become a pretty good team, and earn a top ranking. TRASH TALKING??? are you serious, its high shool football, 99% percent of high school teams talks trash on the football field. This doesn't mean I think its right, but not everyone can be as perfect as Liberty Hill and Caldwell(according to a few caldwell band wagoners). With this being said, I do agree that giddings does have a tendency to play dirty every now and then, hopefully this does not hurt them in the playoffs.

Just wondering, what game did a player get ejected for throwing a punch?

ProudHornetMom
11-11-2007, 01:24 PM
Hey....why does Caldwell keep getting dragged into this thread? We 're minding our own business....

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-11-2007, 01:25 PM
Celina 33
Giddings 9

Thats prolly right bro, I watched some highlights on Giddings and they didnt look near as good as I thought but maybe im wrong?

Darren
11-11-2007, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
but maybe im wrong?

Wouldn't be the first time...

buff4life
11-11-2007, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by griff

I'm guessing your talking about the WOS game when the guy was stepping on him and he hit him in the chest not the head to get him off of him...

not saying he was right but i'm sayin it wasn't dirty..

and don't talk down on Giddings because of your already formed opinion and one incident added jumbles...complaining about a call? what team doesn't do that?

Daddy D 11
11-11-2007, 03:34 PM
ive never seen more whining by coaches and players than i did last year on the giddings sideline, dont know anyone personally from giddings, so im not bashing the town. its just what i observed...

buff4life
11-11-2007, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
ive never seen more whining by coaches and players than i did last year on the giddings sideline, dont know anyone personally from giddings, so im not bashing the town. its just what i observed...

i wouldn't expect anything less of you...

any Giddings thread it seems you always have a comment

c-town_balla
11-11-2007, 04:55 PM
i wouldn't expect anything less of you...

any Giddings thread it seems you always have a comment

Do you ever wonder why people have these comments about giddings? Everyone one on here seems to have a personal experience with Giddings that has pushed there opinion into think that they don't like Giddings.

buff4life
11-11-2007, 05:14 PM
Do you ever wonder why people have these comments about giddings? Everyone one on here seems to have a personal experience with Giddings that has pushed there opinion into think that they don't like Giddings.

no there are few that apparently speak for many...

nice try though...

State_In_08
11-11-2007, 05:24 PM
I hate Giddings! They're a bunch of no good dirty trash talkers! KIDDING!

I've never seen anything from Giddings that makes me dislike them. They're a real good football team, and I'm sure they talk trash, but who doesn't? I know our boys do, but that just comes with football. It's a part of the game... adrenaline flows and so do the words.

buff4ever
11-11-2007, 10:55 PM
I hate to entertain the hard-headed people who don't believe anything but what they want to hear, but here we go.

I would be one of the first to tell you that last year the team played with a little lack of discipline. It was probably magnified in the LH game, but from what I saw from the LH players in their victory it wouldn't have been too much different from them if they had lost. That is kinda what you would expect from two great teams playing each other in a game they really don't want to lose. With that said there were times in that game and a few others where I was disappointed in what I saw in the boys. NOT NEAR WHAT YOU WOULD THINK FROM READING TEN DIFFERENT DOWN LOWER POSTERS' POST.

THIS YEAR our boys really seam to have cleaned up on the discipline so far. I haven't seen anything that would draw much negative attention at all. Granted we have just wrapped up our 2nd 10-0 regular season district championship run. I am used to seeing giddings play with a whole lot of class, and look forward to regaining that reputation. There is a little to be said that it comes from the top, hopefully that top will realize the town cares about displine and class. We like beating everyone's butt, but we would like to be liked as much as one can while doing it. That is how we have done things around here for a long time.

buff4ever
11-12-2007, 02:36 PM
Where are the hard-headed people on this board. You either admit I am right or you didn't read?

I AM RIGHT!

buff4life
11-12-2007, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
Where are the hard-headed people on this board. You either admit I am right or you didn't read?

I AM RIGHT!

you are right

buff4ever
11-12-2007, 03:52 PM
you are right

THANX buff4life, I am starting to like you by the way, you kinda think like I do.

buff4life
11-12-2007, 03:56 PM
THANX buff4life, I am starting to like you by the way, you kinda think like I do.
except only in a more intelligent way JK :D

buff4ever
11-12-2007, 03:56 PM
I expected no less from you on that one;) .

You wish amigo!:)

Hornet Mom 2
11-12-2007, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
Hey....why does Caldwell keep getting dragged into this thread? We 're minding our own business....

I was wondering the same thing! :thinking:

buff4life
11-12-2007, 04:05 PM

:cool:

Old Tiger
11-12-2007, 04:06 PM
It's true...they won't. :rolleyes:

buff4life
11-12-2007, 04:06 PM

i could name numerous examples, but for the sake of secrecy of the fraternity of buff4guys, i will not

3aSoftball4Mom
11-12-2007, 04:11 PM
Granted we have just wrapped up our 2nd 10-0 regular season district championship run.

We like beating everyone's butt, but we would like to be liked as much as one can while doing it. That is how we have done things around here for a long time.
:clap:

Hey, we all know that it's lonely at the top. When you're un-defeated you know "they" will be aiming for you and trying to bring your team down to their level, so "they" don't feel so inferior.
Here's a good quote for this thread:

“You must never be satisfied with losing. You must get angry, terribly angry, about losing.
But the mark of the good loser is that he takes his anger out on himself and not his victorious opponents or on his teammates.”

then other the other hand there is this quote: :D

“Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot.”

so, go figure!

ronwx5x
11-12-2007, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by 3aSoftball4Mom
:clap:

then other the other hand there is this quote: :D

“Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot.”

so, go figure!
There is also one that says "Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser"!

3aSoftball4Mom
11-12-2007, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
There is also one that says "Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser"!

that's a good one too!