PDA

View Full Version : State Championship Projections?????

TinyTim
11-08-2007, 03:40 PM
Division I

Wylie vs. Liberty Hill

Division II

Celina vs. Cuero

Dogman_1969
11-08-2007, 03:55 PM
La Vega will be in it somewhere......

eagles_victory
11-08-2007, 03:55 PM
Divison 1: Gilmer over Liberty Hill

Divison 2: Madisonville over Graham

Divison 2 is my bold prediction. Madisonville could easily lose to Lavega and who knows about Graham

So i dont think i have to eat crow if im wrong i was just trying to go out on a limb

Texasfootball2
11-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Whoever wins the Reg1/Reg2 semifinal game vs. Liberty Hill for D1
Possibilities - Royce City, Gilmer, Abilene Wylie or Canyon

Celina vs. Cuero in D2

TinyTim
11-08-2007, 04:45 PM
Its Wylie because of the "H" Factor!

Old Tiger
11-08-2007, 04:47 PM
Gilmer/Royse City vs. Liberty Hill

Celina vs. Madisonville/La Vega

Runnin Panther
11-08-2007, 04:48 PM
D1
Liberty Hill vs. Gilmer, Royce City or Abilene Wylie

D2
Celina vs. Waco La Vega

TinyTim
11-08-2007, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther
D1

D2
Celina vs. Waco La Vega

Are you sure that Liberty Hill can get by Gonzalez?

Old Tiger
11-08-2007, 04:51 PM
Abiline Wylie is decent but no way they get by Gilmer or Royse City.

TinyTim
11-08-2007, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue

Have you seen them play?

Old Tiger
11-08-2007, 04:53 PM
They play some good D and the offense is decent. Royse City shoudl cruise till they meet up with Gilmer. Royse City = 4a numbers ;)

Runnin Panther
11-08-2007, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by TinyTim

The plan is to beat everyone. So far so good.

87 TIGER
11-08-2007, 04:54 PM
LH over whoever D I

Celina over Caldwell D II

LH and Celina play for an overall 3a state champ for another great game at Baylor

Johnny 5
11-08-2007, 04:58 PM
Out of curiosity . . . those who picked Cuero for Div 2 . . .

What are your projections if Cuero gets upended by Port Isabel, Wimberley, or Rio Hondo?

jason
copperas cove vs new braunfels

JR2004
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Divison 1: Gilmer over Liberty Hill

Divison 2: Madisonville over Graham

Divison 2 is my bold prediction. Madisonville could easily lose to Lavega and who knows about Graham

So i dont think i have to eat crow if im wrong i was just trying to go out on a limb

Should Graham make it out of their bracket, they won't beat the Region II rep.

Old Tiger
11-08-2007, 05:02 PM
Wimberely = one and done

Johnny 5
11-08-2007, 05:11 PM
Wimberely = one and done

I think Wimberley can take Crystal City, Lytle, or Poteet

R4Editor
11-08-2007, 05:11 PM
I would put Llano as a team that is being overlook.

Johnny 5
11-08-2007, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by R4Editor
I would put Llano as a team that is being overlook.

Yes . . . I forgot to add them in. There are a few teams that could give Cuero a good run, if not beat them.

I would not count out Wimberley, Llano, Rio Hondo, or Port Isabel

Old Tiger
11-08-2007, 05:16 PM
I would put Llano as a team that is being overlook. Didn't taylor give them a run for their money or beat them?

R4Editor
11-08-2007, 05:18 PM
PI might have a uphill battle keeping up with Cuero if gets to that game, Dont see anybody holding them under 30, but Rio Hondo did last year and i've seen how good Vela and RB Jacob Martinez are so they might be able to keep up and win it.

Johnny 5
11-08-2007, 05:18 PM
Didn't taylor give them a run for their money or beat them?

Llano won 22-8

R4Editor
11-08-2007, 05:19 PM
Didn't taylor give them a run for their money or beat them? #8 team in 4a took til the 2nd half to shake them off, Kerrville Tivey, i dont think there is many 3a teams that can beat a Kerrville Tivey

Old Tiger
11-08-2007, 05:27 PM
LH, Gilmer, Royse City, Celina could hange with them perhaps.

TinyTim
11-08-2007, 06:27 PM
LH, Gilmer, Royse City, Celina could hange with them perhaps.

Hang with them,

Wylie beats them.

Texasfootball2
11-08-2007, 06:29 PM

I think Go Blue has a chip on his shoulder about Wylie. If he truely knows anything about football and I think he does, he would admit that Wylie has the potential to beat any 3A team in any brackett, and is playing as well as anybody right now. But he's a closest hater so he won't admit it.

VERNONLION#1
11-08-2007, 06:30 PM
Don't count VERNON out just yet. Looking forward to another Vernon-Celina matchup. Vernon is VERY capable of getting there.

bobcat1
11-08-2007, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by VERNONLION#1
Don't count VERNON out just yet. Looking forward to another Vernon-Celina matchup. Vernon is VERY capable of getting there. I like the way your thinking. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Same results I think though:p :p

I think Liberty Hill gets to the state game and Gilmer meets them there. Gotta go Reg2 with the title though.

Celina and I don't know who in the state game and we win to make it all in Reg2 with the rings!

CHSfan
11-08-2007, 07:10 PM
#8 team in 4a took til the 2nd half to shake them off, Kerrville Tivey, i dont think there is many 3a teams that can beat a Kerrville Tivey

hey my cousin plays for Kerville Tivy!! :D

R4Editor
11-08-2007, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by CHSfan
hey my cousin plays for Kerville Tivy!! :D They have a big game against last year state champs SA Alamo Heights for the District title. SA Alamo Heights fastest overall team speed i seen in HS Football but then i again i usually only see Region 4.

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-08-2007, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther
D1

D2
Celina vs. Waco La Vega

I have a great feeling that D1 state championship will be Liberty Hill vs. Gilmer, and Gilmer will win by 3.

D2 will be Waco La Vega vs. Snyder, I promise I will leave the board if Snyder isn't a contestant.

giddingsblazer2
11-08-2007, 07:38 PM
i see no giddings support so ill be the first....celina vs. giddings dII

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-08-2007, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by giddingsblazer2
i see no giddings support so ill be the first....celina vs. giddings dII

NO Snyder vs. Giddings:D :D :D we'll be there

buff4life
11-08-2007, 07:43 PM
Region III DII is way to tough to say who will...but i will take the Region III rep over anybody out of IV...so

Celina's cakewalk vs. Region III war...

lostaussie
11-08-2007, 07:47 PM
Gilmer will be hard to beat. They seem to be playing with very good focus right now trying not to look down the road. I think they are relishing a potential rematch with L/E which may not even happen. I hope we get a shot at Wylie or even Vernon. Past recent history bodes well for region II in the semi's. But for now it is one week at a time. I make no predictions but we will be a tough out.

necks
11-08-2007, 07:53 PM
DI

Carthage vs. Gilmer

DII

Giddings vs. Celina

lostaussie
11-08-2007, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by necks
DI

Carthage vs. Gilmer

DII

Giddings vs. Celina i have quietly noticed that no one has even mentioned Carthage. i kind of grinned to myself when i saw that they are a potential 2nd round match-up for LH.

IHStangFan
11-08-2007, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
i have quietly noticed that no one has even mentioned Carthage. i kind of grinned to myself when i saw that they are a potential 2nd round match-up for LH. there are alot of good teams that have not been mentioned. I do not think either team I follow has a realistic shot at the title...BUT..there are some out there that do in my opinion that are not being mentioned. I will sit back and watch for now.

JT44
11-08-2007, 08:22 PM

you're kidding right,

LH wins over whoever they play in Div I
I hope Cuero makes it to DII, I think they can if they can win Reg IV, they're good to go. I think Celina's vision of a cakewalk to the title will catch up with them.

Old Tiger
11-08-2007, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
I think Go Blue has a chip on his shoulder about Wylie. If he truely knows anything about football and I think he does, he would admit that Wylie has the potential to beat any 3A team in any brackett, and is playing as well as anybody right now. But he's a closest hater so he won't admit it. Wylie has the best chance of any region I team to beat any team in the bracket but will they, most likely not. Like I've told you before Wylie is probably the only region I team that I think is good.

Old Tiger
11-08-2007, 08:25 PM
Hang with them,

Wylie beats them. Wylie would not be Tivy.

Johnny 5
11-08-2007, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by JT44
you're kidding right,

I hope Cuero makes it to DII, I think they can if they can win Reg IV, they're good to go. I think Celina's vision of a cakewalk to the title will catch up with them.

How do you see Cuero against Wimberley, Llano, Rio Hondo and Port Isabel?

IHStangFan
11-08-2007, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Johnny 5
How do you see Cuero against Wimberley, Llano, Rio Hondo and Port Isabel? Rio Hondo might slow em down a bit, but I doubt they could stop them. Cuero is young and has a couple of losses yes...but those losses were to LH and a very fast (and good) Bay City team (4A). Cuero owns Reg. IV...some things don't change.

leecofans
11-08-2007, 09:11 PM
Yes . . . I forgot to add them in. There are a few teams that could give Cuero a good run, if not beat them.

I would not count out Wimberley, Llano, Rio Hondo, or Port Isabel

I may be missing something with Llano, but I watched them play (and get beaten by) 2A Lexington (who incidentally is a little down this year) earlier in the season. They were good, but beating Cuero? I don't think so... jmho

big daddy russ
11-08-2007, 09:19 PM
How do you see Cuero against Wimberley, Llano, Rio Hondo and Port Isabel?
Johnny 5, from the scores I've seen, Rio Hondo and Llano are my personal number two and three schools in R4, and the gap between them and Cuero is fairly large. Not saying it can't happen (PI back in '94 pulled it off), just saying that the talent gap seems sizable.

My predictions:
DI
Gilmer over Madisonville :eek:

DII
Cuero (who has to sneak by Waco LaVega in the Semis) over Celina

bobcat1
11-08-2007, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by JT44
you're kidding right,

We don't think we have a cake walk friend. Emory Rains could send us packing the 1st round. Likely? No but possible. As Lost Aussie and the real Bobcats (the team and coaches) say. One game at a time. 9 down, 7 to finish still. We would love to meet Cuero this year. That would be good for us both. That would only be one game for the title between two schools deep in tradition. Dreams are made of that stuff(and movies) LOL

Cameron Crazy
11-08-2007, 09:47 PM
Abiline Wylie is decent but no way they get by Gilmer or Royse City. They do not have the talent to get past both of those teams.

eagles_victory
11-08-2007, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Johnny 5, from the scores I've seen, Rio Hondo and Llano are my personal number two and three schools in R4, and the gap between them and Cuero is fairly large. Not saying it can't happen (PI back in '94 pulled it off), just saying that the talent gap seems sizable.

My predictions:
DI

DII
Cuero (who has to sneak by Waco LaVega in the Semis) over Celina There is no way Madisonville can go d1 Mexia has clinched and Mexia is bigger

BILLYFRED0000
11-08-2007, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
I have a great feeling that D1 state championship will be Liberty Hill vs. Gilmer, and Gilmer will win by 3.

D2 will be Waco La Vega vs. Snyder, I promise I will leave the board if Snyder isn't a contestant.

See ya'.

BILLYFRED0000
11-08-2007, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
We don't think we have a cake walk friend. Emory Rains could send us packing the 1st round. Likely? No but possible. As Lost Aussie and the real Bobcats (the team and coaches) say. One game at a time. 9 down, 7 to finish still. We would love to meet Cuero this year. That would be good for us both. That would only be one game for the title between two schools deep in tradition. Dreams are made of that stuff(and movies) LOL

Block, Tackle, Execute. Take care of business. Be ready every game for the fight of your life. Play with pride and win or lose with Honor. That is the Bobcat way.

Snydertigersrul
11-08-2007, 10:05 PM
Snyder will beat Celina in the semifinals and take down Giddings in the championship game

Old Tiger
11-08-2007, 10:06 PM
Nope, Snyder is not good at all, and won't even make it to the game to play Celina. Giddings will not make it to state either.

Snydertigersrul
11-08-2007, 10:08 PM
Nope, Snyder is not good at all, and won't even make it to the game to play Celina. Giddings will not make it to state either.

Oh, I see. Never mind I noticed that you are from Rock dale anyway.

Old Tiger
11-08-2007, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Oh, I see. Never mind I noticed that you are from Rock dale anyway. IMO Rockdale could beat Snyder.

R4Editor
11-08-2007, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

My predictions:
DI

DII
Cuero (who has to sneak by Waco LaVega in the Semis) over Celina I've seen both Cuero and Rio Hondo and they did play last year in round 2 so they are little familar with each other. The gap is not as big as u think. Llano havent seen but i think we will know more about them after the Wimberley game.

Old Tiger
11-08-2007, 10:13 PM
Cuero and Rio Hondo are miles in front of the rest of region IV.

IHStangFan
11-08-2007, 10:15 PM
Cuero and Rio Hondo are miles in front of the rest of region IV. Ingleside would give RH all they could handle and Cuero would maybe break a sweat against Ingleside but not much of one.

Cuero is here......

Then about here is RH, Ingleside,etc.

Then everyone else is about here.

Old Tiger
11-08-2007, 10:16 PM
What has Port Isabel done this year?

IHStangFan
11-08-2007, 10:17 PM
What has Port Isabel done this year? theyre an average team this year that has beat up on a buncha below average teams. They lost to CC West Oso earlier in the year. CCWO is decent, but nothing REAL special.

Snydertigersrul
11-08-2007, 10:17 PM
IMO Rockdale could beat Snyder.

I doubt it, maybe the Snyder freshmen team

Old Tiger
11-08-2007, 10:18 PM
I doubt it, maybe the Snyder freshmen team Perhaps....I heard Clay only runs a 4.6

R4Editor
11-08-2007, 10:20 PM
i would like Ingleside chances in the playoffs if their offense would start to gel, as this year they have a better defense. But right now they dont seem to be overpowering some avg to below avg teams.

IHStangFan
11-08-2007, 10:22 PM
i would like Ingleside chances in the playoffs if their offense would start to gel, as this year they have a better defense. But right now they dont seem to be overpowering some avg to below avg teams. that is my take as well. They are not as explosive and I still think their D is a "bend but dont break" D. I think they'll have their hands full w/ Gonzales.

Butkus
Snyder will beat Celina in the semifinals and take down Giddings in the championship game Heck ole str now whar is ole blackies pictur of tha chicken with tha egg. Dont be puttin yaself in the semis jus yet think ur tiggers got a ways ta go before then.

bigron15
sweetwater, the best 5-4 team in the world

Butkus
11-08-2007, 10:25 PM

D2 will be Waco La Vega vs. Snyder, I promise I will leave the board if Snyder isn't a contestant. Ole Butkus will remember this un.

Old Tiger
11-08-2007, 10:27 PM

D2 will be Waco La Vega vs. Snyder, I promise I will leave the board if Snyder isn't a contestant. Bye:wave: :wave:

Johnny 5
11-08-2007, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Ingleside would give RH all they could handle and Cuero would maybe break a sweat against Ingleside but not much of one.

Cuero is here......

Then about here is RH, Ingleside,etc.

Then everyone else is about here.

IMO, RH is better than Ingleside this year

NewYorkYankee
11-08-2007, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
theyre an average team this year that has beat up on a buncha below average teams. They lost to CC West Oso earlier in the year. CCWO is decent, but nothing REAL special. : Port Isabel just shouldnt show up for the playoffs at all:rolleyes:

Johnny 5
11-08-2007, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by NewYorkYankee
: Port Isabel just shouldnt show up for the playoffs at all:rolleyes:

Don't worry.

They all said the same thing about RH/Cuero last year. Prediictions of 55-0, 64-0.

No one ever thought that the score would be so close (7-0 going into the half). Sure, RH lost, but it was the best loss we could hope for. Went out in style (21-8). . . not getting raped as predicted

The Tarpons just need to go out and play focused ball

Gobbla2001
11-08-2007, 11:00 PM
Sure, RH lost

screw the predictions... that is the only thing that mattered that night ;)

Johnny 5
11-08-2007, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
screw the predictions... that is the only thing that mattered that night ;)

lol

But it was a good game, and much closer than anyone thought it would be

Gobbla2001
11-08-2007, 11:10 PM
much closer than anyone thought it would be

for sure... going in, from what I read, Cuero was gunna go eat dinner at halftime so they could save time after the game to get home and watch the ass-whuppin' on HSxtra...

but I don't think Hsxtra was even there... and there sure as hell weren't no butt whuppin'...

I'd say those boys won't take 'em lightly again...

but I sure hate that revenge factor :doh:

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-08-2007, 11:10 PM
IMO Rockdale could beat Snyder.

Dude, everyone knows thats garbage!!:mad: and you know it!!!

Old Tiger
11-08-2007, 11:12 PM
Dude, everyone knows thats garbage!!:mad: and you know it!!! You're finished posting here anyway within the next month.

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-08-2007, 11:12 PM
Perhaps....I heard Clay only runs a 4.6

Clay runs a 4.57

And Kenneth Turner runs a 4.34

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-08-2007, 11:13 PM
You're finished posting here anyway within the next month.

Dude I promise you, I wont be gone!!!!

Old Tiger
11-08-2007, 11:14 PM
Dude I promise you, I wont be gone!!!! Well then why post something you won't own up to?

Old Tiger
11-08-2007, 11:14 PM
Clay runs a 4.57

And Kenneth Turner runs a 4.34 with west texas wind against their backs, haha

Gobbla2001
11-08-2007, 11:15 PM
Snyder couldn't even beat Sweetwater...

or Kermit... or The Frog.... here...

pirate4state
11-08-2007, 11:37 PM
Dude, everyone knows thats garbage!!:mad: and you know it!!!

LOL

"and the editor that printed it is garbage!" :D

Everyone - it's OKAY if people don't think YOUR team can make it to state or past the first round or whatever! My goodness, some of you just kill me!! :speech:

waterboy
11-09-2007, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I like the way your thinking. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Same results I think though:p :p

I think Liberty Hill gets to the state game and Gilmer meets them there. Gotta go Reg2 with the title though.

Celina and I don't know who in the state game and we win to make it all in Reg2 with the rings!
:thumbsup: I like the way you think there bobcat1. Are you sure you're not reading my mind?

crabman
11-09-2007, 05:08 PM
but I don't think Hsxtra was even there... and there sure as hell weren't no butt whuppin'...

There was one butt whuppin that day. That was the day that A&M beat Texas. I had never seen so much maroon gear in my life. There was a baby beside us that had his little A&M hat on .

Too many Cuero predictions on here. We are one twisted ankle away from being a very poor team. If either Whittington or Arndt are out, we are not a real dominating team. Good, yeah. Not dominating.