PDA

View Full Version : Burnet 49-Killeen Shoemaker 7

Chris Hart
09-12-2003, 11:12 PM
The Bulldogs played great tonight! It was 42-7 at the half, and the starters played one drive in the 3rd quarter and went out leading 49-7 and that's how it stayed. The reserves came in and played valiantly, clearly outplaying Shoemaker but failing to score. Stephen McGee threw for over 300 yds in barely over 2 quarters, Chris Levens had his best night of the year on the ground and Jordan Shipley caught 5 passes for 203 yds and 4 TDs. Cody Warner had a 74 yd TD called back and played a great game. The Burnet defense rebounded from last week's subpar performance to totally control Shoemaker. The bright spot for Shoemaker was a TD after a blocked punt, which they took over inside the Burnet 5 yd line. Other than that the yards were hard to come by for Shoemaker. Another great game Bulldogs, keep it rolling! :)

eye of the tiger
09-12-2003, 11:17 PM
Bulldogs keep rolling on. Congrats on a big win.

Old Dog
09-13-2003, 12:42 AM
Great wrap-up Chris, you should be working for Wayne Craig at the Burnet Bulletin.

1team1dream
09-13-2003, 12:55 AM
congrats DAWGS great game and great win! i also wanted to say hats off to the whole offensive line; LT-rollmann great job using your own weight against them LG-kennedy you're young but can hold yours C-longoria this guy looks small but dont underestimate him RG-thomas has to be the shoes RT-great job guy! keep rollin dawgs!

BurnetBulldog
09-13-2003, 07:49 AM
Bug Bowl I --- (I'll explain in a moment)

Great game by Burnet...firing on all cylinders. Was hoping for a more exciting game (blow outs are not exactly exciting.) Killeen did keep themselves in it with that blocked punt but could not generate any type of offense. As I watch the dawgs this year I get more impressed with McGee. He's got a beautiful touch pass and seems to throw the long ball effortlessly. But the biggest impression I left with is how good the Defense is getting. I didn't bother with the program guide to see how much weight/size they gave up to the Killeen line. But they had to be about 50lbs/2-3inches bigger on avg. and yet the Dawgs used skill and speed to over come. Very impressive.

Now, the Bug Bowl I comment is in reference to sitting in the stands. Holly crap there were a crap load of them dropping all around. They were either committing suicide in the lights and dropping or they were kamikaze bugs dive bombing everyone. By half time I was more interested in seeing who was getting bombarded by the crickets & beetles.

Burnet Dawg06
09-13-2003, 07:56 AM
BurnetBulldog:
Bug Bowl I --- (I'll explain in a moment)

Great game by Burnet...firing on all cylinders. Was hoping for a more exciting game (blow outs are not exactly exciting.) Killeen did keep themselves in it with that blocked punt but could not generate any type of offense. As I watch the dawgs this year I get more impressed with McGee. He's got a beautiful touch pass and seems to throw the long ball effortlessly. But the biggest impression I left with is how good the Defense is getting. I didn't bother with the program guide to see how much weight/size they gave up to the Killeen line. But they had to be about 50lbs/2-3inches bigger on avg. and yet the Dawgs used skill and speed to over come. Very impressive.

Now, the Bug Bowl I comment is in reference to sitting in the stands. Holly crap there were a crap load of them dropping all around. They were either committing suicide in the lights and dropping or they were kamikaze bugs dive bombing everyone. By half time I was more interested in seeing who was getting bombarded by the crickets & beetles.LOL I know how you feel! Will next week be Bug Bowl II?

pirate4state
09-13-2003, 10:28 AM
eye of the tiger:
Bulldogs keep rolling on. Congrats on a big win.http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif Ditto! I'm still trying to decide which game to watch. I REALLY want to see Burnet/Marlin, but Sinton plays Cuero @ home & I just can't pass that up. (it could be the game our guys finally wake up & get it going <fingers crossed>) Congrats & keep it going.

Chris Hart
09-13-2003, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the compliment Olddog! I did in fact get 2nd in state in sportswriting my freshmen year. I can see it now, me getting to write about sports INSIDE IN THE AC, instead of spending SO much time in the HEAT. Oh well, It doesn't hurt to dream does it?lol :D :D :D

<small>[ September 13, 2003, 02:03 PM: Message edited by: Chris Hart ]</small>

HotDawg89
09-13-2003, 03:36 PM
Any clean win is a good win. . . but honestly, after the first half, I was a little bored. I am looking forward to some games that prove more competitive. The ones that we have some apprenhension about; you know?

Like Marlin... yeah- thats gonna be a good game!
And the playoff games- starting with the 2nd round games...

But I did want to point something out, just for thought... Did ya'll notice how well our defense played the 2nd half? Our DL coach knows his stuff. I promise he must make the 1st half all about taking apart the opposing teams offense the 2nd. He is amazing if you ask me. He "sees" it...

Does that make any sense? LIke, "I see dead people"

<small>[ September 13, 2003, 03:38 PM: Message edited by: HotDawg89 ]</small>