PDA

View Full Version : Big 12 Women's Soccer Tournament Updates

Phil C
11-08-2007, 11:42 AM
Yesterday there were four games that unfortunately I wasn't able to go but it was great soccer. The games are in San Antonio at Blossom Soccer Field.

Yesterday UT beat Colorado on penalty kicks 4 - 2 after a scoreless game with two overtimes. UT goalie Dianna Pheffinger played a great game and in the shootout saved two goals and made the cinching winning goal.

The Aggies also advanced on penalty kicks against Iowa State after playing to a 1 - 1 tie. The PTs were in the Aggies favor 8 to 7.

Unfotunately Texas Tech was beat by Missouri but it was a well played game as Missouri won 4 to 3.

Oklahoma State beat Kansas 3 - 0.

On Friday it will be Texas A&M vs Missouri at 5:30 P.M. while Texas plays Oklahoma State at 7:30 P.M.

The winners play on Sunday at 1 P.M. and that game will be tape delayed on FSN.

Phil C
11-20-2007, 11:52 AM
I know the tournament is long over but I have some interesting notes. UT's Kesley Moore was voted Defensive MVP and Kelsey Carpenter was on the all tournament team.
Texas goalie Dianna Pffenninger was named the Offensive MVP (yes you read that right!). She made many saves and great defensive plays for UT but she was voted Offensive MVP which is very rare for a goalie. In the first two games decided by penalty kicks she made saves and scored the winning penalty kicks for UT. Plus in the final game against A&M she helped score the winning goal by kicking a free kick at the half way mark that was headed in for the winning goal.

A great tournament indeed with unusual twists.