PDA

View Full Version : Bad News in Newton County

bmt
11-05-2003, 02:12 PM
I heard from a girl that Newton's Quarterback Joe McClemore has flunked out. My news is from a girl that he goes out with.She told my closes friend and he's spreading it around. Just what i heard maybe its a lie

someone give me some info.

Billy Boy
11-05-2003, 02:26 PM
bmt:
I heard from a girl that Newton's Quarterback Joe McClemore has flunked out. My news is from a girl that he goes out with.She told my closes friend and he's spreading it around. Just what i heard maybe its a lie

someone give me some info.Why are you posting it if you don't know it be the truth.

Diboll_Lumberjackk
11-05-2003, 02:27 PM
Thats good news to Diboll fans then i suppose.

grigsby
11-05-2003, 02:33 PM
Man I heard the same thing. Please tell us the truth.

southern_thunder
11-05-2003, 02:36 PM
I doubt very seriously that Barbay would let his QB become ineligible.

Big Red
11-05-2003, 02:37 PM
Diboll_Lumberjackk:
Thats good news to Diboll fans then i suppose.DON'T COUNT YOUR CHICKENS BEFORE THEY HATCH. IF RUMOR IS TRUE, THE EAGLES WILL MAKE ADJUSTMENTS AND STILL COME OUT ON TOP. MCCLEMORE IS NOT THE ONLY QB ON THE TEAM.
GOOD LUCK EAGLES!

jason
11-05-2003, 02:40 PM
southern_thunder:
I doubt very seriously that Barbay would let his QB become ineligible.coaches dont let their players become ineligible...players make themselves ineligible...

Diboll_Lumberjackk
11-05-2003, 02:41 PM
quack quack* Im counting ducks :) this could be an advantage though :)

WoodvilleFan
11-05-2003, 02:42 PM
There is no way, no way that any football player has flunked in Newton.

southern_thunder
11-05-2003, 02:43 PM
jason:

southern_thunder:
I doubt very seriously that Barbay would let his QB become ineligible.coaches dont let their players become ineligible...players make themselves ineligible...Sure just keep believing that.

Diboll_Lumberjackk
11-05-2003, 02:48 PM
This brings up another topic "who really runs the school" iv known coaches to get grades changed so well just really iffy topic. Hopefully this is falase an we will have an evenly matched game friday.

southern_thunder
11-05-2003, 02:50 PM
What I am saying is that Barbay is smart enough and has been around long enough to stay on top of things to make sure his kids are passing.

Diboll_Lumberjackk
11-05-2003, 03:30 PM
It shouldnt be his job though, he coaches football the kids should keep up in the classroom.

mistanice
11-05-2003, 03:32 PM
jack, #84 is the TE right?

Diboll_Lumberjackk
11-05-2003, 03:34 PM
Jamie Garcia =]

southern_thunder
11-05-2003, 03:39 PM
Diboll_Lumberjackk:
It shouldnt be his job though, he coaches football the kids should keep up in the classroom.I guess in the perfect world you live in it would be that way but in the real world where the rest of us live kids have to be pushed.

Diboll_Lumberjackk
11-05-2003, 03:58 PM
Thats why they where born with parents.

mistanice
11-05-2003, 04:01 PM
Hey jack, you see Gary Stallard daily right? since you work at the station. Ask him if Jamie is just TE, and doesn't play at WR too. thx!

Diboll_Lumberjackk
11-05-2003, 04:05 PM
Okay ill check on that, I believe hes just TE though.

mistanice
11-05-2003, 04:05 PM
My mistake, I'm thinking of JP, well you can ask him too!

Mad Dawg 20/20
11-05-2003, 04:24 PM
Diboll_Lumberjackk:
It shouldnt be his job though, he coaches football the kids should keep up in the classroom.I agree that its the students job to do the work, but with weekly grade sheets and 3 week progress reports,the coaches should know if a player is in danger of failing.

Diboll_Lumberjackk
11-05-2003, 04:36 PM
Agree on that part.

St. Ivender
11-05-2003, 05:09 PM
Diboll_Lumberjackk:
This brings up another topic "who really runs the school" iv known coaches to get grades changed so well just really iffy topic. Hopefully this is falase an we will have an evenly matched game friday.There is no one player important enough for a coach in Newton to stoop to a level so low as to bail out a player by bending the rules or peddling his influence to have a grade changed. Curtis Barbay would let Jesus Christ Himself fail if he deserved to.

Diboll_Lumberjackk
11-05-2003, 05:21 PM
I hope that is true.

numberonefan
11-05-2003, 05:28 PM
Do you really think that someone who couldn't make the grades would be smart enough to run Barbay's offense?

JasperDog94
11-05-2003, 06:45 PM
Sometimes it's not a lack of intelligence. Sometimes it's a lack of focus or being just plain lazy. I'm sure that you've heard this before, but it takes three 100s to bring 1 grade of zero back to passing.

<small>[ November 05, 2003, 05:46 PM: Message edited by: JasperDog94 ]</small>

98Eagle
11-05-2003, 06:52 PM
If Joe did flunk out, which is highly unlikely, Sammy Adams is more than capable of running the offense. I can tell you first hand that all the Coaches get informed if their players are in trouble of failing. If Joe was in danger I am willing to bet that Coach Barbay would have him doing homework or extra credit in athletics to bring his grades up. JMHO

Backwoods
11-05-2003, 06:57 PM
And Woodville Fan. Football players have failed in Newton as in most places. Count your toes before putting your foot in your mouth again. Don't fail. :mad:

spiveyrat
11-05-2003, 08:17 PM
Diboll_Lumberjackk:
This brings up another topic "who really runs the school" iv known coaches to get grades changed so well just really iffy topic. Hopefully this is falase an we will have an evenly matched game friday.In Diboll?

spiveyrat
11-05-2003, 08:20 PM
Diboll_Lumberjackk:
It shouldnt be his job though, he coaches football the kids should keep up in the classroom.But if the coaches don't check on it, they could potentially play with inelegible players. Jasper/Newton 2002 ring a bell? Or Jasper/PNG 2003?

bmt
11-06-2003, 10:20 AM
all im saying is this girl won't lye to ME
GRIGSBY u act like u got a prolem or something

COMPelite17
11-06-2003, 12:49 PM
Hey Diboll-Jackhead, the coment you made on page one about it not being a coaches job to keep up with a kids grade is totally false. I tend to think that it is a part of a coaches duty, without the classroom there would be no HS football. My guess is you are hoping the Mclemore is out. By your screen name i'm assuming you will be at the game supporting the Jax. But I must tell you that I'm pretty sure Joe Mac is on the roster.

DOGcatcher
11-06-2003, 12:52 PM
bmt:
all im saying is this girl won't lye to ME
GRIGSBY u act like u got a prolem or somethingSHE WOULD NEVER LIE TO ME!!!! LOL I've heard that sh?? before...

oak flat
11-06-2003, 02:45 PM
I'm sure Coach Vanover doesn't have to go around checking on his athletes in the classroom. All people from Diboll are natural born genius'. Just look at Lumerjack.

Big Red
11-06-2003, 02:57 PM
I HEARD GRADES WILL NOT GO OUT FOR A FEW MORE WEEKS. SEEMS LIKE BMT MAY HAVE RECEIVED FALSE INFORMATION. GOOD LUCK EAGLES!

Backwoods
11-06-2003, 05:34 PM
Just checked out the bad news. It's bad for Diboll. It's not true. :rolleyes:

spiveyrat
11-06-2003, 10:45 PM
Look at all these rumors
Surrounding me everyday
Just need some time
Some time to get away...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

JasperDog94
11-07-2003, 12:36 AM
spiveyrat:
Look at all these rumors
Surrounding me everyday
Just need some time
Some time to get away...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ...from all these rumors
can't take it no more...

pinecone
11-07-2003, 01:19 AM
Consider snowsnake's post after the Jasper/Newton game. Maybe it was a discipline problem. Did Newton's qb play in the Kirbyville game the following week? I wish the young man the best of everything and don't like to see his grades or any
other problems aired out on this board. He is very good at the quarter back position. If he plays, Diboll's got problems.

Diboll_Lumberjackk
11-07-2003, 09:31 AM
Do you guys even bother to look at the stats of either teams or do you just keep your head so far up your on teams *&$*) that you fail to see something till you lose. Not wise to going into a game with such a big head itll only make the crow bigger to equal out.

DOGcatcher
11-07-2003, 10:00 AM
Ha Ha Ha Ha LOL Ha Ha Ha Ha LOL Ho Ho Ho Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha LOL LOL LOL Ha Ha Ha Ha LOL HO HO HO CRAP MY SIDE HURTS .. Ha Ha Ha Ha LOL Ha Ha Ha Ha LOL Ho Ho Ho Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha LOL LOL LOL Ha Ha Ha Ha LOL HO HO HO THIS STUFF IS JUST TOO FUNNY :D :D :D :D :p :p :p

Diboll_Lumberjackk
11-07-2003, 10:09 AM
Yeah i think we will just serve newton roasted eagle :) instead of crow haha now thats some humor for you to live on.

dean-r-duke
11-07-2003, 10:10 AM
COMPELITE17, YOUR NOTHING BUT A JACKA** ANYWAYS.. HAHAHA, ARE U COMING INTO TOWN THIS WEEKEND.. :D

diboll_fan
11-07-2003, 10:48 AM
YEAH THE DIBOLL LUMBERJACKS ARE COMING TO TOWN!!!! GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS HAVE A SAFE, CLASSY GAME.

Bob
11-07-2003, 11:03 AM
THAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH SOME PEOPLE. IF THE QB FAILS IT IS NOT BARBAYS FAULT. IT IS THE KIDS AND PARENTS, NO ONE ELSES!!
southern_thunder:
I doubt very seriously that Barbay would let his QB become ineligible.

Diboll_Lumberjackk
11-07-2003, 11:06 AM
I dont care what anyone says when it comes to school an a kids education it is #1 up to him #2 up to his parents to keep up an #3 his coaches job to do his job an makes sure hes eligible.

oak flat
11-07-2003, 11:17 AM
Lumberjack, If you want to cry and whine about the Newton coaches checking up on their athletes go do it on an education website not 3A downlow. To many athletes in Newton and all across Texas, coaches are practically the parents to the players. They spend more time around them than their parents. Some may not have parents at all, or any that care. I'm afraid you will be embarrassed by the whipping your boys are going to take.

mistanice
11-07-2003, 11:39 AM
how many whippings are we going to take this year? It all started jasper week. to my opinion we didn't get whooped. We had another whooping the next week against Kville. Didn't see that happen. Boy o boy, we got another one coming tonight! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! let's play some FOOTBALL! safe trip ever1.

Diboll_Lumberjackk
11-07-2003, 11:43 AM
We havent been wooped this whole year, the only thing close was the Willis game an we was ontop 14-0 until they scored 30 un answered point in a 3 min span. It was a loss an we got wooped by the score. I grantee we dont get "wooped" anymore this season until we prob get on up there in the playoffs an play the burnets an such. My opinion on the coaching dealing with education is just that "opinion" someone replyed to my post on it an i simply gave them what i thought, you dont have to read it though...this is a football discussion an it was dealing with football in general.

spiveyrat
11-07-2003, 12:22 PM
Diboll_Lumberjackk:
We havent been wooped this whole year, the only thing close was the Willis game an we was ontop 14-0 until they scored 30 un answered point in a 3 min span. It was a loss an we got wooped by the score. I grantee we dont get "wooped" anymore this season until we prob get on up there in the playoffs an play the burnets an such. My opinion on the coaching dealing with education is just that "opinion" someone replyed to my post on it an i simply gave them what i thought, you dont have to read it though...this is a football discussion an it was dealing with football in general.Being in division 2, you won't have a chance to play Burnet.

Backwoods
11-07-2003, 01:23 PM
Get your head on straight Jack. Get beat by 1 or 100, it still counts as a loss. It amazes me how many people, and just you by a long shot, think that playing a close but losing game changes that fact. :)

fisher
11-07-2003, 02:19 PM
to spiveyrat and backwoods diboll_lumberjackk was just making a point saying that yall are not just going to stomp a mudhole in our a** it will be a very good game and we hope that diboll will win and newton hopes that the eagles will win

spiveyrat
11-07-2003, 02:25 PM
fisher:
to spiveyrat and backwoods diboll_lumberjackk was just making a point saying that yall are not just going to stomp a mudhole in our a** it will be a very good game and we hope that diboll will win and newton hopes that the eagles will winI'm not going to stomp a mudhole in anyone. I graduated HS 16 years ago and thus, am not playing anymore. Besides, I'm a Jasper fan 1st. But I will pull for Newton from here on out.

EAGLE89
11-07-2003, 02:42 PM
thanks Spivey :p

<small>[ November 07, 2003, 01:43 PM: Message edited by: EAGLE89 ]</small>

COMPelite17
11-07-2003, 03:05 PM
Hey, Dean of the Dukes. Not too sure if I will be coming in to town or not. But I know one thing, Diboll's coming into town and its one of two things, the shampoo bottle or the conditioner. You tell me. Oh yeah wait a minute. I heard Diboll lumberjack say something about stats...if that means anything. Stats are a good source to look back at to see how your team did in the past. For example. When I was a runningback on our JV team I rushed for 871 yards and 16 touchdowns. The next year I was on Varsity and ran the ball about 10 times all year, so you see stats don't mean jack crap about this friday night. GOOD LUCK.

spiveyrat
11-07-2003, 03:08 PM
EAGLE89:
thanks Spivey :p Hey bud! Don't stick your tongue out at me! :D :p

mistanice
11-07-2003, 03:08 PM
so what you're saying that you were a JV superstar, but too much competetion on Varsity? :p It's almost game time anyways. good luck folks

<small>[ November 07, 2003, 02:11 PM: Message edited by: mistanice ]</small>

EAGLE89
11-07-2003, 03:17 PM
spiveyrat:

EAGLE89:
thanks Spivey :p Hey bud! Don't stick your tongue out at me! :D :p Hey I figured that was better than the finger. :D

COMPelite17
11-07-2003, 03:18 PM
I don't need to get into stats with you mr. mistanice. I was merely making a statement about stats. Which in your reply, it seems that you agree. Don't let me hold you back though. Let me know how great you're high school or college successes have been. With a tuba in your mouth. Nah, i'm just kidding, not sure what that was. hmmm.

<small>[ November 07, 2003, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: COMPelite17 ]</small>

COMPelite17
11-07-2003, 03:20 PM
<small>[ November 07, 2003, 02:22 PM: Message edited by: COMPelite17 ]</small>

mistanice
11-07-2003, 05:16 PM
I was just trying to start a conversation with you bud. Didn't mean to offend you in any shape or form.

Backwoods
11-08-2003, 09:43 AM
Mistanice: Eat your crow and work up some stats to impress Crockett. I don't think they meant anything last night.

mistanice
11-08-2003, 12:13 PM
LOL, oh man, I guess you guys forgot When i mentioned that it didn't mean anything in that post, If you want go look yourself. I'm here though, not going anywhere. good game.

Backwoods
11-08-2003, 03:53 PM
Good luck in the playoffs guy. :rolleyes:

Comeaux
11-08-2003, 04:27 PM
Diboll_Lumberjackk:
It shouldnt be his job though, he coaches football the kids should keep up in the classroom.It is the coaches job to coach football, that is hard to do with your players in the stands. IN your words Lumberjackk "what a moron. "

Diboll_Lumberjackk
11-08-2003, 04:55 PM
once again if that player is in the stands its not because of the coach its because of the player...what do you not understand about that.

spiveyrat
11-08-2003, 08:31 PM
EAGLE89:

spiveyrat:

EAGLE89:
thanks Spivey :p Hey bud! Don't stick your tongue out at me! :D :p Hey I figured that was better than the finger. :D heh heh heh... you got a point there. :D

Comeaux
11-08-2003, 11:50 PM
Diboll_Lumberjackk:
once again if that player is in the stands its not because of the coach its because of the player...what do you not understand about that.Two things that I don't understand about your post.
1.How can anybody that has never coached claim to be such an expert as you think you are? Coaches raise many of their player because they don't have parents that care.

2. How do you just naturally draw so much fire on this board. Everyone just loves you?