PDA

View Full Version : Caldwell's week 11 play off game

CHS_CG
11-08-2007, 10:02 AM
I have been told that Caldwell will play either sealy of Columbus... who does everybody think it will be?

CHS_CG
11-08-2007, 10:07 AM
Can I also have some feed back on both teams.. Dont know much about either.

Darren
11-08-2007, 10:14 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but. I think that Caldwell gets Sealy if Giddings goes D1 or Columbus if we go D2.

Correct?

pirate4state
11-08-2007, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Darren
Correct me if I'm wrong but. I think that Caldwell gets Sealy if Giddings goes D1 or Columbus if we go D2.

Correct?

I think that's right Darren.

gtownfan
11-08-2007, 10:55 AM
I don't think it's a given that if Giddings goes D2 that Caldwell will get Columbus!!

If Columbus looses to Sweeny (that's a pickem game on some sites) and Sealy beats Stafford (that seems to be a given), Sealy ends up with the better record, thus Caldwell would play Sealy!

So the Columbus/Sweeny and Navasota/La Grange games both have a big impact on D23/D24 first round matchups!

CHS_CG
11-08-2007, 01:57 PM
i am not sure what has to happen for all of this.. but I would kinda like to know what we are gunna be up against because I dont have a clue about any either team.

Pudlugger
11-08-2007, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by gtownfan
I don't think it's a given that if Giddings goes D2 that Caldwell will get Columbus!!

If Columbus looses to Sweeny (that's a pickem game on some sites) and Sealy beats Stafford (that seems to be a given), Sealy ends up with the better record, thus Caldwell would play Sealy!

So the Columbus/Sweeny and Navasota/La Grange games both have a big impact on D23/D24 first round matchups!

Well, if the Leps can pull out a victory over Navasota tomorrow night they will play the winner of D24. The Leps would probably prefer a rematch with Sealy after handing them a 31-21 victory with 10 Lep turnovers in their 2nd game of the season. I think the Leps can beat Sealy right now but I don't know about Columbus.

Johnny 5
11-08-2007, 02:22 PM
How will Giddings go D1? What needs to happen?

buff4life
11-08-2007, 02:23 PM
LaGrange beat Navasota this week

pirate4state
11-08-2007, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Johnny 5
How will Giddings go D1? What needs to happen? La Grange needs to beat Navasota.

eagles_victory
11-08-2007, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
I have been told that Caldwell will play either sealy of Columbus... who does everybody think it will be? Look who has decided to hop on the Caldwell banwagon

Johnny 5
11-08-2007, 02:26 PM
I see. Thank you.

pirate4state
11-08-2007, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Look who has decided to hop on the Caldwell banwagon haha :eek: oh this will NOT be good when she gets back on the computer. LOL

CHS_Grad '85
11-08-2007, 03:32 PM
I have been told that Caldwell will play either sealy of Columbus... who does everybody think it will be?
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Look who has decided to hop on the Caldwell banwagon
Originally posted by pirate4state
haha :eek: oh this will NOT be good when she gets back on the computer. LOL Well, let's keep it on top for her...http://www.webhostingtalk.com/images/smilies/popc1.gif

orangeblood
11-08-2007, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by CHS_Grad '85
Well, let's keep it on top for her...http://www.webhostingtalk.com/images/smilies/popc1.gif

Right On!!!!!!!

HEMOTOXIC
11-08-2007, 11:56 PM
Whomever Caldwell/Giddings play better come prepared.

State_In_08
11-09-2007, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Whomever Caldwell/Giddings play better come prepared.

I couldn't agree more.

IHStangFan
11-09-2007, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Whomever Caldwell/Giddings play better come prepared. whoever it is gonna be, they will be prepared. Come playoff time nobody is to be taken lightly. I know we down here in D24 have a rough road through the playoffs, but we'll be ready. Whoever gets Sealy....they're gonna be dealing w/ a coaching staff that is no stranger to the playoffs in Mitchell, Sinton's coach that took them to the final game a handful of years back. The man is a defensive genius. Whoever gets Columbus better have a decent sized D line and be able to stop a good backfield. Whoever gets Needville will be facing a stable of backs (hence no big RB stats from the Blue Jays as they rotate and rotate and rotate backs, and never get tired because of it.) They also defend the pass better than most teams I've seen. It'll be a classic battle between two good districts. Can't wait!!

CHS_CG
11-09-2007, 01:08 AM
so if we dont get the winner of d24 who would we get?

IHStangFan
11-09-2007, 01:10 AM
so if we dont get the winner of d24 who would we get? I believe Caldwell will either get Columbus or Sealy.

CHS_CG
11-09-2007, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I believe Caldwell will either get Columbus or Sealy.

and what are the teams like.. are they running or passing teams.. generic info like that. I wanna know what kinda game I can look forward to seeing next week when I FINALLY get to go to a game!!

IHStangFan
11-09-2007, 01:21 AM
and what are the teams like.. are they running or passing teams.. generic info like that. I wanna know what kinda game I can look forward to seeing next week when I FINALLY get to go to a game!! lets see....

Columbus has a pretty good sized O line, and usually get a good push. Their running game is pretty stout behind it. They are fast and execute well. I BELIEVE..(based on the loss to Brookshire Royal who like to throw the deep ball)...they are suspect to the pass.

Sealy has a great coach and are on the upswing....to be honest, I didn't think they'd turn it around this fast. I don't know much about the team itself, but their coach...hes a defensive genius. They will be well prepared for whoever they play. I have heard they have some speed.

IHStangFan
11-09-2007, 01:24 AM
Columbus's sched/record:

Columbus Cardinals
Aug 31...Yoakum, W 39-0
Sep 07...@ Smithville, W 51-32
Sep 14...Hallettsville, W 35-32
Sep 21...OPEN
Sep 28...@ Needville*, W 24-21 OT
Oct 05...Sealy*, W 20-17 OT
Oct 12...@ Brookshire Royal*, L 13-41
Oct 19...West Columbia*, W 21-14 OT
Oct 26...@ Stafford*, W 29-4
Nov 02...Wharton*, W 41-7
Nov 09...@ Sweeny*

Sealy's sched/record:

Sealy Tigers
Aug 31...Bellville, L 7-35
Sep 07...@ Rice, L 7-30
Sep 14...@ La Grange, W 31-21
Sep 21...OPEN
Sep 28...Wharton*, W 34-12
Oct 05...@ Columbus*, L 17-20 OT
Oct 12...Needville*, W 31-28
Oct 19...Sweeny*, W 42-28
Oct 26...@ Brookshire Royal*, W 42-17
Nov 02...West Columbia*, W 21-0
Nov 09...@ Stafford*

CHS_CG
11-09-2007, 01:24 AM
lets see....

Columbus has a pretty good sized O line, and usually get a good push. Their running game is pretty stout behind it. They are fast and execute well. I BELIEVE..(based on the loss to Brookshire Royal who like to throw the deep ball)...they are suspect to the pass.

Sealy has a great coach and are on the upswing....to be honest, I didn't think they'd turn it around this fast. I don't know much about the team itself, but their coach...hes a defensive genius. They will be well prepared for whoever they play. I have heard they have some speed.

so either way its going to be a good game no matter who we play.. have any ideas on where the games would be played?

IHStangFan
11-09-2007, 01:27 AM
so either way its going to be a good game no matter who we play.. have any ideas on where the games would be played? Sealy has improved each week...but they are in a new system and learning weekly. Columbus...minus the loss to BR...which I still can't explain fully..look very solid. I think a Caldwell/Columbus matchup would be a GREAT game. I am not sure where the games would be played. I figure Bellville would be a neutral site inbetween D23 and D24 towns...but thats just a guess.

CHS_CG
11-09-2007, 01:32 AM
Sealy has improved each week...but they are in a new system and learning weekly. Columbus...minus the loss to BR...which I still can't explain fully..look very solid. I think a Caldwell/Columbus matchup would be a GREAT game. I am not sure where the games would be played. I figure Bellville would be a neutral site inbetween D23 and D24 towns...but thats just a guess.

Thanks.. you have been a big help! I am trying to figure out where they would be I get off work in College Station at 3:30 and I am having huge withdrawals from working 3-11 the past 6 weeks and not being able to see any HS football!

Old Tiger
11-09-2007, 01:32 AM
It doesn't matter who caldwell plays out of 24 because 23 is the dominant district of the two.

IHStangFan
11-09-2007, 01:34 AM
Thanks.. you have been a big help! I am trying to figure out where they would be I get off work in College Station at 3:30 and I am having huge withdrawals from working 3-11 the past 6 weeks and not being able to see any HS football! man! well get your booty to a game!! LOL. I think you'll be pleased. Unless I'm WAY off base...I think Caldwell's matchup if against Columbus should be a great game. Sealy...it just depends on which Sealy team shows up...they started out slow...but have gained momentum as of late.

IHStangFan
11-09-2007, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
It doesn't matter who caldwell plays out of 24 because 23 is the dominant district of the two. LOL...according to some that is true. We'll have to wait and see for sure....we are no doubt the underdogs on paper.

CHS_CG
11-09-2007, 01:37 AM
It doesn't matter who caldwell plays out of 24 because 23 is the dominant district of the two.

appently the chance for an upset means nothing to you?

Old Tiger
11-09-2007, 01:42 AM
appently the chance for an upset means nothing to you? No way...district 23 will own 24 by 21+

CHS_CG
11-09-2007, 01:43 AM
No way...district 23 will own 24 by 21+

i see

navscanmaster
11-09-2007, 08:13 AM
remember, he's an 18th district guy, so he can have a crow-free conscience if he's proven wrong!

Old Tiger
11-09-2007, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
remember, he's an 18th district guy, so he can have a crow-free conscience if he's proven wrong! Don't matter what district or region I'm from. I'll never eat crow!

deer spotter
11-09-2007, 09:08 AM
You sleep too much. The O and the D of Columbus is dominating as of late. Caldwell goes DOWN in the 1st round. Goes home with their hat in their hand because they were taught a lesson.
GO BIG RED

Old Tiger
11-09-2007, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by deer spotter
You sleep too much. The O and the D of Columbus is dominating as of late. Caldwell goes DOWN in the 1st round. Goes home with their hat in their hand because they were taught a lesson.
GO BIG RED Who?

Caldwell dominates Columbus 35-12

Hornet Mom 2
11-09-2007, 11:43 AM
This is a quote from an article in the B/CS Eagle today. According to this, Giddings will not go Division I no matter the outcome of Navasota/LaGrange. Anyone know anything different? It looks to be Navasota or Caldwell going D1.

"23-3A: Navasota at La Grange decides the final playoff spot. If Navasota wins, the Rattlers take the Division I spot. If the Leopards win, it goes to Caldwell, who has already clinched a playoff spot and will play bi-district in either Division I or II. Top-ranked Giddings is in and will be the top Division II team."

LH Panther Mom
11-09-2007, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Hornet Mom 2
This is a quote from an article in the B/CS Eagle today. According to this, Giddings will not go Division I no matter the outcome of Navasota/LaGrange. Anyone know anything different? It looks to be Navasota or Caldwell going D1.

"23-3A: Navasota at La Grange decides the final playoff spot. If Navasota wins, the Rattlers take the Division I spot. If the Leopards win, it goes to Caldwell, who has already clinched a playoff spot and will play bi-district in either Division I or II. Top-ranked Giddings is in and will be the top Division II team."
:doh: :doh: The Eagle is incorrect. Rankings by enrollment are:
1. Navasota
2. Bellville
3. Giddings
4. La Grange
5. Caldwell
6. Smithville

That's almost as good as a 7th grade dad last week saying that we were going division 1 because the worst teams went division 2, and since we won in d2 last year, that meant we weren't one of the worst any more. :doh: :doh: :doh:

IHStangFan
11-09-2007, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:doh: :doh: The Eagle is incorrect. Rankings by enrollment are:
1. Navasota
2. Bellville
3. Giddings
4. La Grange
5. Caldwell
6. Smithville

That's almost as good as a 7th grade dad last week saying that we were going division 1 because the worst teams went division 2, and since we won in d2 last year, that meant we weren't one of the worst any more. :doh: :doh: :doh: OMG are you serious?? LMAO!!! "ya see..D1 is for the better teams...DII is like a runners-up bracket for the lower echelon teams in the state"

WOW...when did this guy start watching/following football....earlier today?

eagles_victory
11-09-2007, 03:21 PM
did i have some of my post from this thread removed?

LH Panther Mom
11-09-2007, 03:23 PM
WOW...when did this guy start watching/following football....earlier today?
Well, he has twin 7th grade sons...so is pretty "fresh" off the "daddy-ball" circuit....I mean Pop Warner league. ;) My 8th grader overheard him last Friday night at the game. He was laughing when he told me. :D