PDA

View Full Version : Rusk vs. Mexia

The Natural
09-03-2003, 06:47 AM
I don't know much about Mexia this year, but if this game is even close to last years it will be good. I look for Rusk to eliminate the turnovers and win this one.

Matthew328
09-03-2003, 08:29 AM
Should be a good one...Rusk was impressive in a losing effort and Mexia surprised me by dominating Robinson...

Compudyne
09-03-2003, 09:08 AM
My sources tell me that Fairfield was lucky to beat Rusk last week. I am taking Rusk by at least 2 scores.

bobcat85
09-03-2003, 10:54 AM
I don't know that I would agree with the statement that Fairfield was lucky to beat Rusk.I think it depends on whos side your on, Rusk would think luck because they got beat, Fairfield would think taking advantage of your situation and being prepared for anything. By the way I have seen both Mexia and Rusk and I will pick the Eagles in this one 28-7.

crzyjournalist03
09-03-2003, 11:21 AM
not sure about the game, but I was just wondering if someone could help me out with this question:

Why is something that's spelled like it should be pronounced "Mexeeya" actually pronounced "Mahaya"?

eaglefan
09-03-2003, 11:33 AM
I wouldn't go as far as to say that Fairfield was lucky to win. Rusk turned the ball over, Fairfield did not. If Rusk wouldn't have turned the ball over would it have been different? Maybe, but the game is over and if these two teams are to meet again it won't be until the state championship game, so everyone needs to just put it behind them and build upon it. As for Rusk and Mexia, Mexia definitely has their hansd full, but so does Rusk. Being from Mexia's district we know how even though Mexia may lose people, they consistently reload year after year to be contenders. Athlete's they have and if discipline is what they find then they will make a lot of noise this year. Rusk has their premier player in Glenn, but I can't pick a winner outside of the district in this one. I gotta go w/ Mexia in a close game 28-24.

The Natural
09-03-2003, 08:46 PM
Hey eaglefan, wouldn't it be great if they did meet in the state championship game! It sure would be a good game. Two really great football programs right now. Wish all the best to Fairfield, but if we do meet again...I hope you lose. I'll always be a Homerrrrrrrrr.

eaglefan
09-04-2003, 09:48 AM
That would be great for both teams to be in the championship, and I can feel ya on the homer part.......cus i'd hope ya'll lose too,lol.